Habit or aspect of yours that you wish to change.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pass1478, Aug 3, 2020.

1. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have a habit of yours that you don't like and wish to change, how about an aspect of yours that you wish to change? Have you made an attempt to do so, and if so, have you been successful thus far?

2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Things about bad habits is: for most of it, all I need is new good habits to do for them to go away. Rest can be removed through training (theraphy).

Fulminata likes this.
  3. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Only really want my pessimism to be gone. Changing that but really slowly right now.

4. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once ESO started (age 12-16) we had presentations, speaking in public activities, like every other week.

I sucked. (Avoiding eye contact, mumbling...etc.)

So I decided to yeet my ass into the debate club and I fixed my tics and mistakes pretty quickly.

Fulminata likes this.
  5. Klazy Labbit

Klazy Labbit Peko peko peko~

Reading List:
    Link
    laziness is not a habit but a a part I really want to change..........

6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The habit of procrastinating on relatively unimportant things. But every time I consider changing myself, I end up putting it off for later. :blobpeek:

7. hhhhhuie

hhhhhuie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did too little sports the last few months

8. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Laziness, procrastination, carelessness.
    Easier said than done, but it's possible to change. All you need is effort, but that's the number one enemy of laziness....
    .....yeah that's right, no improvement so far

Nao Otosaka likes this.
  9. Isabelle

Isabelle Always in love with potatoes (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠✧⁠*⁠。

Reading List:
    Link
    Procrastination is my huge fight against myself :blobsweat_2:
    Lucky, I'm better when someone are with me, encouraging and being company :blobsalt::blobhighfive:
    If you found hard to be paying attention when studying or not in the mood for doing something, try to invite a friend to do it with you :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

Fulminata likes this.
  10. anonymous M.K. 42

anonymous M.K. 42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm too lazy when it comes to homework or studying, although mustering all of my willpower i can finish(albeist half-hearted) it. Well there are times when i do it in time or with time to spare......actually i commit a huge mistake in a regular test(i still don't understand how i didn't notice that mistake when i was answering, if only i have noticed.....) and didn't managed to answer at all an important test of that same course(i got a perfect score in other regular test though,same course). Well another would be i got a bit too engrossed when it comes something emotional. What does it mean? well, there was this doujinshi i read and was really emotional(i nearly cry...well actually i cried afterwards, it was just that sad damn it) and when i hear music i end up remembering that doujinshi if the song it's of the same wavelength, problem is it doesn't go out of my head for some time and i can't focus on anything else.

Isabelle likes this.
  11. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    my laziness.....i tryed to change by exercising 15 min every 2 day(was going fine for 3 week)......but i got blinsided by a weather of 40°C and my lazyness increased and returned to procastinating.....

Isabelle likes this.
  12. CuberAzrael

CuberAzrael 『 Hymn of Gratitude』

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever I'm stressed.
    Clawing, scratching and pulling my hair. I can't actually voice any complain or anger in front of my parents. Sometimes I keep doing this in my room until I notice blood on my nail.

I just want to be calm. I want to stop this habit.

Nao Otosaka likes this.
  13. Snowflake1

Snowflake1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eating habits. i'm always too lazy to cook or even just prepare something and always eat takeout. Now i stopped buying the terribly unhealthy cereals i always eat for breakfast in order to force myself to eat something healthy. I'm also considering to buy myself a machine to knead dough in order to bake my own bread, if i do that then i might get the motivation to bake some full grain bread instead of white bread. i also decided to eat fruits for breakfast, but i don't think i can keep that up.

Isabelle, Nao Otosaka and CuberAzrael like this.
  14. CuberAzrael

CuberAzrael 『 Hymn of Gratitude』

Reading List:
    Link
    I use to bake bread using rice cooker and asking for recipe from my cousin. Quite neat.

Isabelle, Nao Otosaka and Snowflake1 like this.
  15. Nao Otosaka

Nao Otosaka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe giving up before climbing the steep.... before I used to like doing my harmonium, guitar n flute classes...but as the levels increased n the criticisms piled up I quit them...I only persisted for 2-3 yrs....
    N to change this habit...I guess I did nothing??...I mean what could I hv done when I had already pulled myself off at the starting lines...I just... practice my instruments as a hobby/leisure activity these days...
    Same goes for cycling too....though I actually needed the skills so I persisted on this one(not to mention I'm quite a lazy person)...

Isabelle likes this.
  16. Nao Otosaka

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too...I bite my nails...but nervousness n stress accelerates my heartbeat n there's an adrenaline rush...not to mention I get cold feet to the point where even my legs become numb...smth along the lines of hypothermia...

CuberAzrael likes this.
  17. Arrynne

Arrynne 『Bubo scandiacus』『Owl in NEED of Saving』

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from biting my fingernails, it's reading without my glasses. I have myopia and astigmatism, so I should be wearing corrective lenses however I hate wearing eyeglasses and contact lenses. I only wear glasses when I'm at school or when I'm driving.

Snowflake1 and Nao Otosaka like this.
  18. Nao Otosaka

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too...my power is -3 on RT n -1.5 on left yet I hate wearing glasses...old habits tend to die hard....I only wear them at school...

Arrynne likes this.
  19. Arrynne

Arrynne 『Bubo scandiacus』『Owl in NEED of Saving』

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually even don't wear them at school unless I have to take notes because even if I'm seated in front of the board my designated seat is on the far right of the classroom and I can't see the far left side of the board. :facepalm:

Nao Otosaka likes this.
  20. Clumsy Soul

Clumsy Soul Existing

Reading List:
    Link
    I like for myself to interact with people on my own. I suck at it. Had to be alone for a whole year at the start of my college year because i didn't have the courage to talk to someone...