LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the npcs in that dungeon may have been swayed too, almost showing a personality even, but so far Heinz only affected grounded people, and Heroic Spirits.

DragonMage18 likes this.
  2. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Heinz not influening a god already? How did you reach the conclusion? Before Heinz became a guider, he got Alda to think might as well spare those of Vidas races without monster ancestory. Making Alda contact Rodcorte and discuss that plan, and overall becoming less brutal towards atleast a part of them.

As for what Schnider said, he said that a guider is someone that guids people, explaining what that job entails.
    Even if he was talking about the requierments to gain the job. Simply guiding people is not the only one. If it is, it shpuld have been more commonly spread out, not being such a reare job. That might also be that there are some lvl requierments regarding sthrengthen subordunates/followers.
    So it can actualy be argued that Sqhneider is worth of being a guider he just lacks the skill to do so. And before you say that Sqhbeider has bot influenced a god, one of his lovers is a reincarnated evil god.

So, I fail to see your point.

3. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is Heinz's actual guider class name? We can guess who it affects the best through its name. If he is the Light Guider, then people who follow the teachings of the Light God (Alda) or people who enjoy the bright places(?) could be the main target.

4. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have to interact with the gods to influence them, when they can watch your every move and aqtuon, simply by beliving in them enough? We know that Alda and Curatos have been watching Heinz for a long time now.

5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to guide a God, you just need to guide enough people. Schneider's got an underground railroad for leading people to safety, but he isn't giving them any purpose they wouldn't already have, so he's not a guider.

6. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the wiki, he's a Holy Guider, so I guess it's from convincing all those church assassins.

KageTokage and DragonMage18 like this.
  7. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While Heinz' stance on Vida's race did influence Alda's actions, it did not actually change his mind. Alda realized his people were taking the commands to hunt down Vida's offspring too far, thus allowing the vampires/Evil Gods to burrow deep into society. So he backtracked a bit to reorient his follower's focus.

I'm pretty sure Alda plans to continue the massacre of Vida's races once the Evil Gods (plus Van) are taken care of. As a God, time means very little to Alda. So I don't think he plans to switch back to the old ways during Heinz', and maybe even his successor's, lifetime.

8. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    True that, but what Schneider did is also a type of guiding. I did not say he was wothy, just that it is possible to argue that he is, if the only requierment to gain a guider job is to guide people. There is also the fact that Schneider is a seed donor, guiding people towards pregnancy... (what the hell did I just do?)

And my main point in all of this is to show that every guider we know of have influenced the gods, even before they got the job. Well that lead me to seculate that there might be something in that.
    And if it is as you say guiding people and giving them a purpose they would not have hadd otherwise,it should have been more prevelant, amongst rulers/kings/emperors/nobles and rebel leaders. And not the kind of job where they hold great festivals just from someone geting the job.

So my main point in all of this has been, guiding people can't be the only requierment to get the job.

It was watching Heinz and his companions... no Heinz wavering in his faith toward Alda after killing Darcia that, made Alda even take that thought seriously. Yes, I know that Aldas main purpose with slaughtering Vidas races is cause of their circle of reincarnation. But that does not change the fact that it was Heinz that made Alda change his aproach towards those with no moster or evil god heritage. Even if it is only during Heinz's life time.
    My point being The actions of Heinz made Alda doubt himself and change his ways. Or rather guide him, even if it's for as long Heinz is alive. This is pretty impresive when you think about it, afterall, Alda have been stuck at the thought of returning the world to how it was before the DK invaded for over 100.000 years. That is an impresive feat in itself.

9. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's zero evidence that Heinz was the one that caused Alda to change his way of doing things. In the chapter where Alda prioritizes the evil gods over Vida, the fact that Heinz is wavering is only mentioned after Alda decides to prioritize the evil gods.

Also, nobody is saying that guiding people is the only requirement to becoming a guider. We're just saying that it is the core requirement that is needed for all guider type jobs in addition to the requirements that are specific to the different guider type jobs.

10. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Alda has not prioritized the evil gods after the war against the DK. I would even say that he has been passive, and/or focused on Vidas races more than the evil gods. If he realy cared about the evil gods then he would not have alowed Hihirusukaka (or whatever his name was writen...), have such a great degree of control over the political scene, or grow as influential as he did. After teh wars Alda has focused more on growing his own power, saying he wants to return the world back to how it was before the DK invaded. Basicly being one big Hypocrite.
    As for Heinz influencing Alda, just read the conversations Alda has with Curatos in the earlier chapters. where they talk about how Heins is sutible to become a heroic spirit and a hero. With Alda saying something along the line of. Him maybe being wrong all this time, and maybe I should let some of them live (since not everyone would be happy, being told to kill thir neighboor). How he might let the people/hero decide his policy regarding Vidas races.
    I never said thet Heinz was the one that caused Alda to change his policy, jut that he is one of the reasons that Alda decided to change his aproach towards them. And as far as I remember this happening before he became a guider.

Yes, and I am just pointing out how ridiculus it would be if that was the only requirment. While also speculating about other requierments. Such that from the looks of it Every guider we know about have had some kind of influence on a god. Might not be before, but in chases like with Bellwood and Heinz it is implied they influenzed Alda before geting the job. and that it might be one of the requierments for geting a guider job, that you one way or another make a god see the world more like you do.
    Not saying this thory is airtight or anything. We all have the same pices of information, place diffrent weights on them, pice them together diffrently, remember diffrent parts of the story better than other. So all I am saying is that from what I remember about the story. Ther is a possibility that it is one of the requierments (might be a god they belive in, or one related to their guidance).
    Just try to have this theory in the back of yuor mind and reread the story until Hainz/Vandaliu gets their guider job.

11. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter are you talking about, because I assumed that the chapter you were talking about was Side Chapter 2 and that has none of what you're talking about.

12. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Guiders are the Captain America, Superman, and All Might types, they aren't just strong, or persuasive, they are the light in the darkness, a Beacon of truth that Guides you on your path. They need to be able to guide a path, not just lead. So kings and heroes wouldn't easily get these jobs either.

13. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alda's current attitude towards Vida's races are, I'll give you a stay of execution if you help me kill Vida. I'll finish you off after the war.
    He still doesn't intend to let them live. At most he started bugging Rodcorte to forcibly shut down Vida's cycle so they stop showing up.

14. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have mentioned it if I remember what chapter... I could reread the story, but I doubt I would find it quickly (would probably need some days). And I can't look away from me mixing together diffrent conversations to fitt the theory.
    It is a later chapter, it was the conversation Alda had with Curatos where they discused how to treat Vidas races from there on. belive it's colser to the middle of the curently translated content.

Might be funn to reread the story to collect evidence for and against my theory... might actualy do so in the near future if I get the time to do so.

15. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep checking this to see if it is a chapter notice but I don't even need to look closely since the latest posts are walls of text.

Kruger likes this.
  16. Kruger

Kruger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    false hopes

17. adrianvs

adrianvs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try analize bellwood's ideology
    Radical environmentalism
    But he never worry about humanity (humans and demi)
    Discrimination against demi
    When i read it i think in hitler, he was a great environmentalism and the same time kills jews...
    Bellwood never worry about humanity (only humans) he lives in moderns days and no enacts democracy or at least a goverment system that
    intend to seek the welfare of the population and have a minimum separation of powers, this would be easy considering that the empire is legitimized by Alda
    I think that for him people were sh@t to be able to look great as the Mc of so many novels

Eddy andres likes this.
  18. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time I checed on discord Yoshi is moving and will begin TL next chapter, when he is done.
    So it will probably come out towards the end of this week or the begining of the next. Tho this is my speculation, nothing is confiemed (as I know of).

19. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would not say that the effects of the guide had to do, simply that seeing Heinz's doctrine (which we remember, although for us it is common sense in Lambda is something innovative) made him admit that things got out of hand and that he never had anything against the ranks with rank and that if possible he would like to add them to the circle of Rob ocrte. Also, about the guide, I don't know if this is ok, and if it is, I don't know if I read it in the past or in the mtl but:
    I believe that the principle of the guide is that one guides people through an ideology, lifestyle or belief that is both personal and innovative, you cannot become a guide if you promoted the ideology of another or this ideology is not new even if it is for the population you say it to. In addition, the guides do not usually change your personality too much, they will only open new paths or liberate parts of you that you did not know

I ask for your opinion, I have been thinking, the reason why Mei is such a lively girl and that I never scream as a child is

A) just as Vandeliu unconsciously casts a primitive version of a spell (in this case the death alert) and because of that he has never felt in danger.

B) simply have good instincts.

C) his brain structure has been altered so that he hardly suffers fear, repulsion or discomfort from things that are usually instinctive (fear of insects for example)

20. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    No reason to cry, since she's never alone, Banda is always within 50 feet of her. Most babies cry when they get nervous, or lonely, or want some kind of assurance that they are protected.