Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, finished this one. Needed something more serious after sugar and dog food overload from "Don't chase me".
    What can I say......... it was wild ride. When reading first 3 arks it reminds me of omae gotoki where in whole wild and sickening mess there is cute relationship story. Basically story splits in two parts. First three arks and last two ones. First three is basically revenge story and some situations and background are dark and cruel. Survival of the fittest as a rule. Where it is who is strongest - 1 ark (royal team battle in school). Who is more shrewd - 2nd (historical imperial harem story). Who is craziest and fearful in 3rd (horror survival in ghost house).
    Second part is much more mild and somewhere even fluffy. 4 ark is entertainment circle story where MC with already breached heart defences finally accepts that her situation is not normal, and she is feeling something. And 5 ark where MC and FL working together in zombie setting was catalyst for CP. And I found the ending was very satisfying (it would need more fluff though).
    Since it's spoiler so some background on main pair:
    MC is former supreme empire commander in ABO interstellar mecha sci-fi world. She was alpha female and was martyred in one of key battles. She didn't receive any love before was fully trained only for battle in some time in future to receive genetically acceptable omega to continue upgrade. Only thing she knows were receiving orders and complete them. She doesn't even keep attachment to former world. Organization where she worked allowed coming back to previous world to vacation or something like that. Only thing that MC ensure that empire is ok, her death was memorized and her mother happily remarried. After that she doesn't look back after that. She became a host of villainess department and was rather perfect with that. Since then, she even more was dull to relationship around her. But it changed when she was transferred to face-slapping department (revenge) on the first time she bullied scum so he suicided before task was completed. And failed mission. System supporting MC is 09 - system that lost previously 2 hosts already. One to ambush another to love affair iirc.
    System is in this story is AI that have bodies but on task took navigator/support role in enclosed space. But there was another type of system.

FL - commander AI/system of villainess department. She controls task competition damage control and emergency situations. And by fate was put in same world as MC in 1 ark. She doesn't have love experience before but after being with MC things rather clicked. Her friend was supportive and tease her in her timidness. Since then FL followed MC in each world with wiped memory (1-4 arks). Where she was always beside MC and was her target. And later became a hunter and finally tamed her "little tiger".
    It surely not universally recommended story. But I have fun reading this one.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    And another yuri manga ended. Sayonara Rose Garden - at least after that drama there was HE.

Yandere Devil likes this.
  2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2020) is now closed~! Thank you to everyone who submitted this year.

The next and final batch of entries will go up at around 8:30am (GMT+1). After that, I'll conduct the final checks and open voting here in the Garden.

Stay tuned~!

3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_pompom:
    Big thanks for all your hard work.

And thanks all participants and good luck in voting. :blobtaco:

4. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    The Yuri Garden Writing Competition (2020) voting is now open~!

The poll for voting is now at the top of this thread. There were a total of 17 successful entries, so you can have up to 3 votes. Don't worry about making the wrong choice - you can change your votes at any time up until the voting closes.

Voting will close in 2 weeks, on the 15th of August at 13:05 (GMT+1).

As per usual, if there's a tie when the poll closes, I'll likely recruit my girlfriend to break the stalemate by picking her favourite (counting as a definitely unused, unbiased vote).

As always, please do read every entry before casting your vote. If you only read some of them, you're not only damaging the integrity of the competition and short-changing authors, but you're cheating yourself out of some really good yuri.

This year, all entries can be found on the Yuri Garden's Scribble Hub account, found here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/127505/the-yuri-garden-writing-competition-/

Good luck to all participants~!

5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    It's nice to see that I'll have 17 short yuri to pass the time.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  6. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    As an added little bonus, this morning I also woke up to the yuri candles I ordered a few weeks ago arriving~!

There's a little Etsy shop called WaffleBubble that does double sets of soy candles themed around anime pairs. I've been pining over their Revolutionary Girl Utena and Strawberry Panic sets for years, but I've only had enough money to justify buying them this year.

No regrets~! They are so cute, and the scents are amazing. I can't wait for an excuse to burn them.

The picture I took is a little too bright, but you can see them more clearly on their product pages.

116796247_3449956785048390_1917104052847802800_n.jpg
    Utena: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/541...the-bride-soy-candles?ref=shop_home_active_25
    Strawberry Panic: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/541510195/free-spirit-etoile-soy-candles?ref=shop_home_active_24

I will take their fortuitous arrival as a sign from the Yuri Goddess that she smiles upon this year's competition. :blobmelt:

Yandere Devil and Ubik like this.
  7. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  8. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda jealous (slightly and jokingly (maybe)) to those who will receive that. And that I'm not writer at all.

Moonpearl likes this.
  9. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    There can't be a competition without readers and voters, so she must smile on you too~!

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  10. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Admittedly, I found this a lot funnier than it probably is.

11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't recognize most of those, but all the ones that I did are actually pretty good! ^^)/

12. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it

13. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to catch up on reading the garden competition stories, I've only read the first 5 so far.

14. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    I only recognized 6 of them at first, but I suppose I should provide sauce to go with the meal.
    Going down each column,
    Column 1: Kemono Friends, Akuma no Riddle, Madoka
    Column 2: Yurikuma Arashi, SeaBed, Subarashiki Hibi
    Column 3: Koukaku no Pandora, Qualia the Purple, My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness

AliceShiki and Ubik like this.
  15. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished summon survival. I guess it was good? I liked--no. I loved the dynamics between mc and FL. As for the rest of the story... It was... Okay? Maybe? I dunno, felt rushed tbh, the plot could use some more work, maybe? Oh, well. Can't have everything. It was good enough I suppose

Ubik likes this.
  16. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    My disciple consumes too much is such a cute story \{>o<} /

Ubik likes this.
  17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it. It was good but you don't like it?
    Yep it is nice one. Only.....
    It's a pity that main villainess was more active (even more than FL) in whole story. I even feel bad for her at the end.
    ------------
    Latest chapter of I Favor the Villainess manga is.... is... :blobrofl: oh well.... as usual

18. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me which series that are fluffy among the oneshots of the yuri competition ?

Chuchuchama likes this.
  19. LostLibrarian

LostLibrarian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally read through all entries and found the time to vote.
    Thanks for organizing this competition. It was fun =)

Good luck to all the other authors :blobparty:

Moonpearl likes this.
  20. Riptide01

Riptide01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some cute stuff: