Spoiler I Want to Be You, Just For A Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 9, 2019.

1. nonowar

nonowar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If there is a happy ending, I'm expecting Psyche (in her own body) to take over as Queen after Eros' crimes are revealed while Medea abandons politics and runs away to live a simple life with Helios.

Creolenerd and Inolis like this.
  2. Khloud2003

Khloud2003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm , I think it would be the opposite psyche wouldn’t be a really good queen , and I can’t imagine Medea running away and living with Heli at all , if anyone would run away it gonna be psyche she would run away live as she wants and Medea become a queen and then her name recorded in history just like she always wanted to oh And also punish her father for everything he done to her

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    AshleyMac1023, Marane101 and DOHere like this.
  3. PrinceTenjou

PrinceTenjou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not so much spoilers but more discussion question, inspired by peeps saying how they hope the manhwa would end: what are Psyche's and Medea's true goals and happiness though?
    Medea's goal is vengeance because she's been abused all her life, but honestly once she achieves that, when Yialos and her parents are gone, what does happiness look like to her? Psyche's goal is to survive but after her abusers are gone, she'll be basically left with nothing. No wealth to fall back on, no status to cushion her, and unlike Medea she has no skills to defend or fend for herself that she can use for employment. I'll be honest, I care less about who ends up romantically with who than finding out what each of the girls' "true happiness" is going to look like.

4. nonowar

nonowar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is that Psyche is growing through the ordeal, she is maturing emotionally, studying politics and history and training in the use of the sword. It's not like she will be the same naive girl after the story is over.

5. lucefer

lucefer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More like Psyche will serve the temple since she's well known as God's favorite. But the temple is fishy as hell at this point, they somehow will involve in this. Like who possess divine power will gain more power. In chapter 35 the red hair is known as cardinal or someone with high authority of the temple. Psyche's power is definitely something that's why she's locked in the basement, and it's already put her in a risky position like how the prince wants her power. Since red hair appears this getting the vibe of power game, the temple might wants her power as well. I think there's a risk that Psyche may die in the end with how much power she has, like she becomes a threat to any other side can't have her power.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    AshleyMac1023, Choct15 and Inolis like this.
  6. Spoilme

Spoilme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't go through the whole thread since it is really long and I have already caught up with the latest updates so I am not sure If someone has mentioned this yet.
    If you read greek mythology, This story seems so complicated to you since in greek mythology, Helios was Medea's grandfather so Heli can be seen as a protecter of Medea. Jason will marry Medea and Medea will be completely obsessed with him but then he leaves for the princess of Corinth which makes Medea feel betrayed. [dunno but there isn't a dude named Jason in the manhwa yet]
    The story of eros[prolly in manhwa Iaros] and psyche is really sad in the mythology as they loved each other but psyche didn't fully trust him.

But tbh I feel like this manhwa is a spin off of greek mythology since now Medea is the one who rescued/helped helios and that Iaros is a total asshole as he isn't the one who fall in love with psyche first[In the mythology Eros falls in love with her at first] and that the one who has lack of trust is Iaros since psyche pretty much trusted him at first.

anyway so far I think that the manhwa has taken reference to the greek mythology but wouldn't follow the path of this mythology and I hope that it won't :)
    If you want to learn about greek mythology in a fun way[tho it is already quite fun] y'all can just read 'lore Olympus' in webtoon since there is a story of Eros and Psyche:blobsmile:
    This manhwa is like a roller coaster full of loops:sweating_profusely:

7. Khloud2003

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the author has denied the rumors that the manhwa is spin off of Greek mythological in the Twitter

8. phyrie

phyrie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So in chapter 36, Medeia and Pell finally met, it so funny that he just jumped on her carriage haha. I want to know why he noticed Medeia, someone said she has an aura? Because didnt Psyche take her power with her when she switched to be Medeia? So it didnt make sense Medeia as Psyche has the aura unless it means she been touched by the power of God or something

9. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone also tell what was the prophecy/word of god that the priests heard?

Also at chapter 36, when Pell entered the carriage, did Medea had a flashback of her describing her "savior" to the crown prince? Because it's a good thing she remembered and it's better if she realized he really fits her random descriptions xD

BookerGirl and DOHere like this.
  10. Khloud2003

Reading List:
    Link
    The prophecy says that the closest person to the empire is gonna destroy the empire , and yes she did have a flashback when she saw pell

11. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! Wouldn't that be the crown prince? I guess if you stretch it, it could also be Medea, she helped the country a lot with her schemes. I don't think it's Psyche, she has more to do with the church, than the Empire itself. I'm still leaning towards the prince, but who knows.

But I'm wondering if one of the words "empire" wad different in Korean. Usually, there's a kingdom they're part of, and then there's a bigger empire. Any chance they meant "the closest person to the empire is gonna destroy the kingdom"(theirs) instead?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    AshleyMac1023 and Khloud2003 like this.
  12. aliceyriz

aliceyriz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, Pel think it is between the prince and Psyche. Because Psyche is someone who blessed by god

13. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That God doesn't belong only to the empire though, right? Why is her being loved by God mean the closest person to the empire?

14. aliceyriz

aliceyriz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because she's the only one in empire who has God blessing

15. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then it'd be the closest person to him(God) in the empire. Not the closest person to the empire.

16. nonowar

nonowar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Psyche is incredibly mad and seems like she has had enough of nobles and their games. She was already very angry after hearing what Medea had gone through, and she got even more angry after realizing that Eros never loved her. In fact, she was so angry that Medea felt her anger from far away. I don't think she will destroy the empire, but don't count her out.

17. Queenzyy

Queenzyy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain chap 36? Does Pell know that Medea possess Psyche's body? What did he say to Medea inside the carriage? I am so curioussssss.. TT

18. PossaSimon

PossaSimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Phel thinks that Medea is a spy from Yaros who is following him, he tells her: I have thought of you all day.

Queenzyy likes this.
  19. Chandlene

Chandlene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to chap 37, red hair dude “attracts” to Medea because of her soul, he describes it as the soul who hurts people and then attacks her. Look like the author still sticks to the “no romance” story.

20. Queenzyy

Queenzyy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I was curious coz Medea is quite shocked at the end of the chapter.