Spoiler [BL] Giving Birth in a Supernatural Game

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by xblkdragonx, Jun 30, 2020.

1. xblkdragonx

xblkdragonx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Summary:
    One day, Chen Caixing entered in the world of supernatural horror games.

Nothing much, just that he added a ‘Fifth Month’ beer belly..

Chen Caixing looked at his swollen stomach and fell into contemplation.

He is a man, so is this the attached golden finger??

Chen Caixing didn’t know if he had any golden fingers or not.

He only knew that this beer belly will keep getting bigger!

As if… pregnant..

It’s impossible to get pregnant, pretending to be a big-bellied pregnant woman is even more impossible!

Later..

Chen Caixing: Ying ying ying this one is just a poor, helpless and pitiful pregnant woman!

Ghost: Chasing us five ghosts with a big belly “pregnant woman”???

Supernatural + unlimited flow + child birth

Shou Chen Caixing, forced to dress in women’s clothes and give birth

The game’s ultimate boss gong, dressed as an elementary school kid, is an adult!​

Original Chinese title: 在灵异游戏里生崽崽

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4381016

Currently 2 chapters translated:

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/giving-birth-in-a-supernatural-game/

I'm only up to chapter 52 in MTL. Someone in the review section mentions the baby is born pretty quickly, but I'm on the 5th game already and no baby has been born :/ LOL I just want to know that part! Someone please just give me the chapter number. That's all I'm asking for.

Characters so far:
    Chen Caixing- MC (shou).
    HILARIOUS. One of the reviewers weren't kidding when they say he's shameless haha. MC is already a pretty handsome man, but because he develops a "beer belly" after the first arc, he decides to pose as a woman. I'll explain in the first arc later down below, but in the real world, he worked super hard for a 4 pack stomach. When he's in the real world, he reverts back to his toned body, but during the game world, he has a beer belly that keeps getting bigger. So he poses as a woman and is stunningly beautiful. Everyone is like man, this pregnant lady isn't going to last... but some male players do try to cozy up to "her" because of how pretty she is. But, the MC uses his pregnancy to his advantage and talking smack to NPC or even players when they try to get him to do something dangerous. "I'm just a poor pregnant woman... How could you think I was the one that stole your item at night?" << just an example. That's not something he said, but there are similar scenarios. MC is also gay btw. MC isn't a saint. He won't go out of his way to save people, but he also won't pit people either. So long as players are respectful and cordial to him, he's willing to work with them to solve the game.

Yuan Jiuwan - ML (gong).
    He first appears as an elementary school student in the first arc. Not much is known about him yet... but we do know that he does have an adult form. And in case anyone is wondering, there's no dubcon or rape scene. The MC just suddenly developed a belly as far as I can tell up to chapter 48. After the first world, ML also went into reality with MC and "coincidentally" met up with him during a traffic accident. His mother died trying to protect him, but no ID is found on her and ML, pretending to be afraid and clueless, isn't able to name any relatives. So while the police is searching for his family, the MC decides to take care of ML in the meantime. So ML lives with MC. The MC used his game reward coins to bind the ML as his teammate. In the second arc, the ML briefly appears in front of MC in his adult form to save him. LOL the MC falls in love with adult ML at first sight because the ML is super hot. He contemplates starting an affair with ML, and then laments that too bad he's an NPC and isn't real. However, in arc 3, ML appears again in his adult form to save MC from imminent death, and at this point MC is like heck yeah! I want him to be my hubby! Meanwhile, ML posing as the elementary school student is crying in his heart. He regrets choosing the form of a child to stay near MC, but it was the only acceptable body that he could use in the Wax Museum (first arc). Everything else was too ugly. As of chapter 48, ML is thinking of trying to find a way to "kill" his elementary school student form and be with MC. But MC is super attached to the boy body, and he knows that MC will be super upset if he "dies". As the elementary school student, he's very sticky to MC and acts super cute. Whenever another male player flirts with MC, or ML views the player as a threat to his "romantic" relationship, he gives them death glares, much to the amusement of Cheng Lifeng (description below).

Wang Xiaoxiao -
    Also a newcomer that MC/ML met in the first arc. Woman (just wanted to point this out because this is the only girl so far that's on the MC's team). They briefly work together in the first and then met again in the 4th arc. Not much is known about her, but because she met the MC in the first arc, she knows the MC is a man. LOL so when she met him again in the 4th arc, she's like what happened?? Why and when did you turn into a pregnant lady? The MC tried to play it off saying he's the twin sister of MC, but Wang Xiaoxiao is like that's weird, because Yuan Jiuwan remained the same and is super sticky to you. She trusts MC and seems like a solid teammate so far.

Cheng Lifeng/Guo Yu -
    Met during arc 3 and teamed up again in arc 6. They were roomed together with Mc/Ml during the 3rd arc, so became teammates. They're veteran players up to this point has played at least 5 games. Cheng Lifeng is an ex-military guy and so is pretty built. LOL MC had a moment where he was staring at Lifeng's abs and ML (as a young boy) gets a bit panicked and threw Lifeng a death glare for being too sexy haha. Lifeng saw the glare and smiles a bit and assures ML that he has no interest in his sister (MC and ML pose as siblings when they enter games together). Lifeng is pretty quiet and rarely talks. He's the muscles and combatant in his team. Guo Yu is the most talkative one and pulls relations. Lol MC is really annoyed by Guo Yu because he says a lot of unnecessary things. Guo Yu in real life is second generation rich boy, thus explaining his flippant attitude. However, Guo Yu is a bit afraid of MC because MC has a very harsh mouth lol. MC usually is able to shut Guo Yu up for a few seconds by threatening him. They later meet up with MC/ML in reality. I could be reading it wrong bc of MTL, but Guo Yu and Lifeng are straight, but I feel like there are hints here and there and foreshadowing these two might become a couple. lol in the most recent 6th arc that I'm at, Gup Yu is like, Lifeng, don't sleep across from me, sleep on top of me. It'll make me feel more secure. Lifeng, thinking nothing of it is, is like okay. MC comments and says is this really something straight men will do? You trying to make a train? Lifeng is like ??? But Guo Yu curses inwardly at MC haha)

Lin Xin/Zhu Sui -
    Met during arc 3 and team up again arc 5.Not much is known about them. In arc 3, Lin Xin/Zhu Sui were on a separate team from MC. At one point in time, MC followed after them because they noticed a possessed teammate were sticking to them. Lin Xin confronted MC and insulted the MC, thinking MC was trying to steal their clue, and MC talked smack right back and said Lin Xin is only acting so defense about Zhu Sui (whom Zhu Sui showed polite admiration to MC because of how pretty he is) is because he's scared Zhu Sui will fall in love with "her". Basically MC outs Lin Xin as having gay romantic feelings for Zhu Sui. Lin Xin denies it, but then it turns things awkward between him and Zhu Sui, since Zhu Sui is a straight man. By arc 5, things are pretty interesting between these two lol. Due to MC revealing Lin Xin's feelings, Zhu Sui grew self consciously around him and always denies having feelings for him and that he's a straight man. But because he kept saying he's straight, Lin Xin says he has no interest for him like that. As Zhu Sui kept denying it, he actually developed feelings for Lin Xin, but by this time, Lin Xin won't give him any openings and pretends he has no romantic feelings for Zhu Sui. Arc 5 is kind of cute as Zhu Sui goes from "I'm denying my feelings" to subtly looking at Lin Xin to rubbing arms with him, to holding his hands, picking out the best desserts for him, etc. By the end of it, Zhu Sui admits he loves Lin Xin and tries to convince Lin Xin to live with him haha. When they're back in reality, he's actually laying his head on Lin Xin's lap. MC is a bit annoyed by Zhu Sui because he had to eat some dog food from him with the way he acted around Lin Xin haha. Remember how in the beginning Zhu Sui kept saying he's straight that he and Lin Xin are only friends? In arc 5, MC says something pretty vicious on in how to handle an NPC. Zhu Sui looks at MC (who is posing as a woman) and says, "Sister Yuan, I wished I had met you sooner." Lin Xin looks up at Zhu Sui a little heart broken when he hears that line, but then Zhu Sui continues, "If I met you sooner, I would've been bent that much earlier," implying the MC is one scary woman, so much so that "she" would've turned him away from women and be gay instead. MC is so offended by this because damn it, he's a man! And a gay one at that! Zhu Sui ends up on his blacklist haha.

I'll do my best to give brief summaries, plot points, and ending for each arc, but I read 5 arcs in one night so everything is a blur to me.

First Arc - Wax Museum
    There are 4 veteran players while everyone else are newcomers. This includes MC, ML, and Wang XiaoXiao. The scenario are they are college students on vacation when suddenly their car broke down. The owner of the museum says they can stay in his home until he can fix their car for them, but it's going to take a week. He only asks that they do not leave their room at night and the third floor is forbidden. So more or less, everyone has to survive for 7 days. MC notices ML at this point, a young and clueless kid and is the first one to talk to him. ML latches onto MC, and although MC has no experience with kids and is reluctant to be responsible for a child, decides to look after him for now. This first night (I think?), MC notices that his stomach isn't flat...and is wondering why does he have a beer belly? Also, while MC is a bit reluctant at first, he quickly grew fond of ML just from spending a few minutes with him. Lol ML knows how to act cute and worm his way into MC's good graces. Calls him Gege a lot.

During the first night, MC and a few others hear a thumping sound roaming the hallway. Anyway, two people died the first night because they forgot the rule of not going out at night. The first floor is filled with wax figures, second floor is the bedrooms and bathroom, and third floor is forbidden.

They use the second day to search the museum, but MC splits from the group. He doesn't like the way the veterans seem to be patronizing everyone, and it's a good thing he didn't trust them. The veterans are actually using the clueless newcomers to test the boundaries and rules of the game. One of the veterans purposely bumps into a newcomer, which causes her to fall against another male newcomer. He reaches out and accidentally knocks over a wax figure and breaks it. He dies with an angry expression on his face as he slowly turns to wax himself and ends up shattering with nothing by his head intact. The owner then comes in and tsks at them for making such a mess. He then drags the 3 bodies (including the 2 that died the night before) and hangs them on a tree in the garden. When MC visits the garden and gets near the tree, the branches start trying to grab him. Looks like the tree is alive and the bodies hung on it, reanimate themselves as they try to grab people and entrap them.

Two more deaths occur on the third and 4th day. One is a newcomer who for some reason walked out of her room at night and hung herself on the tree. The other one is a veteran. When the veteran died, the other 3 veteran start panicking because this is a low level game, there should be no reason they should die??? The veteran team start splintering at this point, as they think someone is betraying them for the cards/props in their hands.

MC later sneaks into the forbidden third floor and finds a clue. The history of this Wax Museum was that the grandfather was once a very famous wax sculptor and built this museum/house and was met with great success. However, when his son was born, the son didn't have the talent. Luckily, the son had two children and John was an even greater sculptor than the grandfather. However, one day he met an accident and hurt his hand, thus unable to create any more figures. The museum then went on a decline when one day, John started making figures again. They were even more realistic than before his injuries. Thing was...people started going missing when these figures were being made. John seems to have gone crazy and his wife became concerned. She wrote to John's brother and said she was afraid and begs him to come save her. But by the time the brother came, John had killed her. (If I remember correctly, she was pregnant at the time?) She's buried in the garden where the tree is. The brother, who loves his sister- in-law, became crazy with grief and anger so hacked John into pieces. So there are two ghosts in the game. One is the wife who feeds off the blood of people and is able to pull people into trances to lure them to her. The second one is John. He's able to roam the house a night, and with each subsequent kill, he grows stronger, to the point by the end of the game, he's almost able to break the rule of "can only roam at night".

(Pointing out at this point that the day/night cycle of this game is different. As the game goes on, the day gets shorter and shorter and night falls a lot faster).

With the help of the two newcomer girls (Wang Xiao Xiao and one more girl) and ML, MC sneaks into the basement and finds the barrel where John's body is contained in (that's why he heard the thump, thump in the hallways at night). MC finds the axe the brother used to kill John, and it seems to the only tool that can permanently kill John's ghost. John suddenly comes to life and tries to attack them while they're in the basement, so the 4 of them run out and can only wait until nightfall. Everyone is certain John is going to try and kill them tonight.

The veteran team, jealous and resentful of MC, tries to pit MC when John attacks them, but ends up all dying. MC is able to aim at John's heart with the axe and kills him. Later, he also burns the tree in order to free the wife's spirit.

At the end of the game, MC receives a prop as a reward that allows him to change his appearance.

As the MC returns to the real world, the readers see a scene where the owner looks on as the house burns down and another adult male figure is next to him. They discuss something (I forget) before the figure disappears. (I think it might be the wife's baby. We'll have to see)

I'm a little tired, so I'll summarize the other arcs later.

Second Arc - Human Lantern
    Third Arc - Plague
    Fourth Arc - Titanic
    Fifth Arc - Medusa
    Sixth Arc: High School << literally just read the first paragraph of this arc, so I don't know anything yet. Will update when I get the chance

Kaylee, Lilazeaf, bolshv and 13 others like this.
  2. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how many arc?

3. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    soooo many. I lost count. I stopped after the Japanese High School arc. The MC doesn't spend too much time in the real world. He plays the escape games a lot.

Seteen, crystalirishzz and Kaylee like this.
  4. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
  5. HIMETAN

HIMETAN My English Sucks • I want good luck

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler please.. :cry::cry::cry:
    I can't MTL-ing horror coz my english sucks..

6. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997 @aphrosdiax @Anna134
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21 @cahmil @crystalirishzz
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly @FanofLiterature @Ficklyfrim
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111 @hiharu @Ha-Ha @HIMETAN
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @ishrocks18
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee @Karma_Aladdin
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi @lazykitty_99 @lykizan @lry93 @laptop1130
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @RoyalRen @Raebit
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan @Shorng
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince @whitequeen
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx @xxiv @Xinyi2004
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang @yfndsh
    @Zennie_613 @zarya @ZeeRose
    @324722 @2Bon2B

7. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Think I MTL-ed bits of this, but ML sorta 'spiritually' impregnates MC if that makes sense? Like they don't actually do it (so no physical non-con/dub-con) but somehow their souls mingled and resulted in MC being 'pregnant,' which is why MC only looks pregnant in-scenario and looks perfectly normal outside the scenarios in the real world.

And yeah, ML is the supernatural BOSS character. If I remember right, MC gets attached to him from the first arc right away but with the mentality of a father looking after a cute lil kid. There's also a team-binding function available, so MC takes ML under his wing and inadvertently (he doesn't know ML is a BOSS until later) brings him to the real world. After that, they pretty much take every mission together. MC hides his large belly by dressing up as a girl and pretending he's a pregnant woman. ML is usually explained to other players as his little brother/a kid he's looking after.

Also, the scenarios aren't as scary as some other horror stream novels I remember IMO, because ML steamrollers past most of the dangerous parts for MC -- he scares the bejeezus out of the other ghosts, etc. :blobxd:

Ozzieozz, Nyaa.23, HesheFell and 7 others like this.
  8. Ha-Ha

Ha-Ha A chance to love you, protect you, Shen Anxin.

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow Darling!
    That’s a Lot of good stuff ~

crystalirishzz likes this.
  9. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice. Loved the spoilers. Thank you.

crystalirishzz likes this.
  10. veihakase

veihakase [Lurker in BL Hell]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh interesting!!!~ hehe will read and camp for spoilers~ sankyuuuu

11. PurpleMousse

PurpleMousse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 85, in the last chapter of the vampire arc he gives birth

12. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    lol thanks. I figured that out by the time I got to the Japanese High School arc. After he gives birth and ML reveals they were past lovers, the story went downhill for me :/

The child is a bit annoying (imo) and the ML is a push over, the MC using the ML's affections for him to get information about how to beat the game or to get information. While that is smart (seeing as the ML is the city's lord aka game creator-ish), it's really lacking in the love department.

The MC originally died and had to play the escape games. In his previous life, one of the games he played was the Vampire Castle. He used the beauty strategy and seduced the Vampire Lord (aka ML was bored and decided to insert himself into the game). The MC successfully seduced the ML, but there are 2 ways to clear the game, the first and easiest way to clear it is by killing the Vampire Lord. The MC killed the ML, and he thought he would be fine because it's just a NPC. However, he ended up feeling guilty and listless. But then he saw the NPC again. And the NPC followed him to help him clear games. The two started dating....until MC found out he was pregnant. He felt lied to. He had no idea that the NPC could get him pregnant. So when he was promoted to advance games, you're given two choices: live in the city for as long as you desire or be sent back to reality before you actually die and have your memories wiped. MC chose to get his memories wiped. So the start of the story with the wax museum, it's actually MC's second go around. When ML sensed the MC was in the game world again, he rushed to the wax museum game and chose a random body that looked decent. And the only decent body was of the little boy wax figure.

Anyway, up until the Japanese High School arc, it's more of the ML chasing after MC with the MC dropping only crumbs of affection. Though I did enjoy the Zombie apocalypse arc because FOR ONCE the MC got a tiny bit jealous bc some people showed interest in the ML. The MC also hammed it up, saying he's only keeping the ML as a boytoy, that he's only using him for sex (he's dressed up as a woman during this arc). I'll say that there's a bit of a relationship development this arc. Not so much afterwards.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    Kaylee, Lilazeaf, Nyaa.23 and 3 others like this.
  13. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    First arc: Wax Museum
    -Real World: Avoiding a car crash and meeting the ML. Ends up taking care of him in the meantime, while the police tries to find the ML's "relatives"

Second arc: Human skin lantern. Every 5 years a virgin girl is offered to the temple. She has her skin peeled and made into a lantern. MC figures out that the deity the village people are worshiping is actually a fox demon. Hundreds of years ago, the fox demon was ravaging the village so a buddhist monk skinned the fox and sealed it in a jar and buried it in the outskirts of the village. Due to the stories being passed down being distorted, instead of remembering it's a demon, the people of the village began to think it was a deity protecting their village, and began offering girls to the demon. Due to the offerings, the demon got stronger and stronger. The MC endings up defeating the demon by burning the jar and his stomach did golden glow that cleansed the demon?? (IIRC, the golden glow was a reward from the First Arc)
    -Real World: Nothing much. Helping Yuan Jiuwan settle in.

Third arc: Doctor Beak. Plague arc. The players are given a plague doctor persona. Their goal is to survive. We meet Cheng Lifeng/Guo Yu and Lin Xin/Zhu Sui. (In this arc, MC points out that Lin Xin seems to have a crush on Zhu Sui. Zhu Sui insists he's straight, so Lin Xin is embarrassed...). Cheng Lifeng's heart is also moved because how pretty MC is (hints that Lifeng isn't so straight, which plays into this later). There are two villains this arc. One is the witch and the second is Doctor Beak. When the MC was in trouble while sneaking out of his room, ML used his real form to help MC. MC saw him and was like hot damn, I want to sleep with him.
    -Real World: Cheng Lifeng/Guo Yu find them in the real world by looking up the ML. The ML was in the news because the police is searching for his "dad". The pair is surprised the MC is a guy lol. They become friends. Cheng Lifeng in real life is retired solider. Guo Yu is a second generation rich dude.

Fourth: Rich Bride. Wang Xiaoxiao returns. The players are on a cruise ship and their identities are "fiances" of the cruise ship owner. There's only one "winner" that he'll choose as his "bride". However, the real game is that each night is a challenge and if you fulfill the criteria, it opens you up to be eaten by the beasts on the ship. The owner and his guests are all beasts dressed as humans. They are locked by the game's rules that they can't attack or kill the players unless the players meet the criteria. The ML once again appears in his real form to save the MC, and MC begins to suspect the NPC is special.

Fifth arc: Medusa. Lin Xin/Zhu Sui returns. Ancient China setting. Players setting is something like the imperial investigators? There are two ghosts in this game. One is the "virgin daughter-in-law". She was recognized by the emperor for being devoted to her deceased husband and remained chaste for 10 years (or something). But her brother in law raped her and she got pregnant. In order to keep their family's dignity, the mother of the family kills her. The unborn baby also becomes a ghost. The woman ghost, if you meet her eyes, you start forming stones in your stomach and die from internal injuries, thus the Medusa title. Zhu Sui also realizes his feelings for his friend, Lin Xin and spends all of this arc trying to seduce Lin Xin lol.
    -Real world: Zhu Sui gets MC's wechat ID and the two become wechat friends. MC also remembers the newspaper he got from the first arc. He compares the child of the museum owner with ML's look...And he begins to suspect the ML is a ghost. But since the ML hasn't caused him harm, the MC will still treat him sincerely. He thinks the ML must be lonely or something.

Sixth Arc: Pua High School. Cheng Lifeng/Guo Yu returns. Players are transfer students from a different school. No clearance rule given to them. The deadliness of this game is that the longer they stay in the game, the more they forget it's a game. They become fully immersed, living life as a student. MC discovers ghosts show up at night. After getting all the stories from the ghosts, he discovers that one of the teachers slept or had relationships with all of them. And he got off from gaslighting them and getting them to commit suicide. MC helps the ghosts posses the teacher and exact their revenge, thus clearing their resentment.
    -Real World: MC goes home for New Year. His mom is trying to set him up. His step brother meets up with MC and the two have a chat and find out they're both gay. MC is like uhhh....you don't have a crush on me do you? The brother is like WTF? I have standards, and you're my brother. However, ML gets jealous when he sees the two bro laughing, and changes into his REAL form in the real world and runs up to MC and calls him dear. At this point, MC knows for sure now that Yuan Jiuwan is the handsome NPC. MC is PISSED the freak off.

I'm only going to hit major points here

7th arc: Snow Mountain- who is the ghost? Setting: They are hikers lost on a snowy mountain. Every day, they have to hike to a different cabin. During the hike, accidents happen, and if you get an injury, when they rest at night, they get replaced by a ghost. They also have to make the hike before nightfall, or else the mountain release beasts that will eat them. ML applies as the NPC for this game because he wants to reconcile with the MC. While everyone is suffering, the ML pampers and give amenities to the MC.

8th arc: Rope turning. Return of Lifeng and Guo Yu. Since the MC still doesn't forgive ML, ML says he'll do anything. So during this escape game, MC has ML also pose as a little girl lol. So Yuan Jiuwan has turned into Yuan Jiumei. They pose as sisters. The setting is that they're ghost hunter streamers. The players live in a haunted house with 5 floors. First floor where their rooms are have low level ghosts that relive how they've died. 2nd level is a poor high school student that was mutilated and lost his legs. If you encounter him, he wants your legs as compensation. 3rd floor is a woman escort that died miserably, has lots of resentment. 4th floor is a mother that was cheated by her husband and lost her daughter. 5th floor are the twins. The twins are the big boss of this game. They're able to clear the game bc ML (pretending to be the same age as them), befriended the twins.

9th arc: The First Embrace of the Blood Prince. Setting: players are the blood slaves of the castle. We find out that this game hasn't been "cleared" yet, and that previous players are still stuck in this game and has been for a year. MC runs into the Lord of the Castle, and finds out it's ML. ML tells MC that his game is where they first met, but MC just forgot. MC gives birth in this arc.

10th arc: Zombie. Return of Lifeng and Guo Yu. I think this arc is one of the better arc in terms of romantic development between ML and MC. Because honestly...other than this one, there's hardly been any romantic development at all. 8th and 9th arc, MC is still mad at ML. Setting is a zombie apocalypse. They are stuck in the game until a vaccine is developed. ML's identity is that he's 17 years old and the son of the scientist that's on the forefront of creating a zombie vaccine. However, the scientist died before he completed it. The ML, also being a genius, has a good chance of developing the vaccine. Lifeng, Guo Yu, and ML/MC's daughter live in a base they developed, while the ML and MC go to a military base where there's a lab. Lol the MC acts like a lecherous woman that's only with the ML for sex. But the MC tells the ML that since his body is 17, they can't have sex until he's legal. Once the ML's body turns 18, they do it for the first time. ML promises he won't get him pregnant. They're stuck in the game for 10 years.

11th arc: Japanese Horror High School. Lin Xin/Zhu Sui returns. I forgot the ghost's name, so Haruhi? Suzumiya? But anyway, the players are exchange students from China that are studying at a Japanese school. They think they're trying to survive the 13 ghost stories of the school, but MC discovers, no, they're living in a recreated world by the ghost. MC currently lives with the ghost as the exchange student, so has closer inspection that anyone else. He deduces that the ghost was bullied (and I think sexually harassed? Maybe even raped??) while they were in school and ends up committing suicide. Due to their resentment, they end up killing everyone at school and some of the neighboring houses. They all now live in the world they created. During the day, everyone goes to school, reliving the moments leading up to the ghost's suicide, while at night, the students and towns people turn into beasts. What happened was the ghost is a hermaphrodite. They're actually really beautiful, but cover their face with their hair because they don't want to catch anyone's attention. However, there's a perverted guy at school that takes pictures up girl's skirts. That's when he discovers the ghost's secret. He sells the information to the school most popular "prince". Everyone thinks the prince is upright and spotless, but he has a twisted sexual preference. When he finds out the ghost's secret, he blackmails them...The ghost's step father is an abusive alcoholic. He sells the ghost to the prince (who is from a rich family). The prince has a fanclub though, and the girls ambush the ghost while in the bathroom and strip them. They took pictures and spread it around the entire school.
    -Real World: MC wins the ghost as a reward and is able to take the ghost out into his world, much like the ML. The ghost decides to take on a new identity and instead of living as a girl like in the game world, takes on a male identity instead. MC also introduces the ghost to Lifeng and Guo Yu. From here, we get hints that Lifeng and the ghost might have a thing later on in the novel.

And this is where I stopped. All I know is that we find out the ML is the lord of the void city. and that Lifeng and Harumi(?) end up as a couple. Guo Yu also ends up with a woman by the end of the story.

12th arc: Virgin Forest, Little Red Riding Hood
    -Void City
    -Real World

13th Arc: I died miserably
    -Void City

14th arc: The daughter of heaven and luck

-Then we have tons of extras

Kaylee, Nyaa.23, Heungbo and 3 others like this.
  14. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With so many arcs. So, each arc is short?

15. xblkdragonx

Reading List:
    Link
    The beginning arcs are a lot longer somewhere around 15 chapters or so? MC is pretty OP, so he solves them pretty quickly. Before he regained his memories, he thought it was just beginners luck, but no. The MC is actually a veteran player and is one of the top players, so that's why he easily bulldozes through a lot of the escape games. Even without his memories from his past life, the MC intuitively remembers some game logic.

Some arcs a relatively short though. Like the Pua High School was only 6 chapters. The MC also doesn't spend a long time in the real world. Only 1 chapter or even just directly jumps into the game after completely one.

Heungbo and Kaylee like this.
  16. Heungbo

Heungbo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do ML and MC (and their daughter) end up (´。• ᵕ •。`)? Like, how (and where) do they live in the end? :blobReach:

17. Wr1tt3nw311

Wr1tt3nw311 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, this is my first time using the forums. But do you know where I can find a good English translation (not MTL) of this novel after Chapter 20? I've read MTL up to the 11th Arc like some of you but the quality made it hard to enjoy and a lot was lost in translation. I'd really appreciate it if anyone knew of a site where I could read the translated chapters, I'd even pay for it.