Spoiler The Seamstress Girl

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Twiggysan, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Twiggysan

Twiggysan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://mangadex.org/title/39917/the-seamstress-girl
    The Seamstress Girl
    [​IMG]

Description:
    Left with memories of a past life, Ewey was born into the Artisan noble family of Nylle. However, after it was determined she did not possess the ability to make "Divine Protection Embroidery", she was exploited and spent her days in a living hell. By chance, she was picked up as a seamstress by the kind-hearted nobleman, Kalosthylla Roden. Grateful to Roden, she used the "Divine Protection Embroidery" she'd never shown her family, and made him sachet as a present. Adding in the power of the "Spirits" she'd always interacted with, the sachet she finished became an item on the level of a national treasure, and Ewey's life takes yet another welcome turn.

I came a across this series and I would like some spoilers on it. What's the deal with her father? Why does he hate her so much?

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Just reread the manga, I noticed that the girl doesn’t look much like her parents.

3. Twiggysan

Reading List:
    Link
    It also says it's an adaptation of a novel so that's why I posted it here. I may have to go reread that part of the manga

Svitlanak likes this.
  4. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Twiggysan It is a novel adaptation though I think it is still on-going currently. She is biologically their daughter, however the family hates her as she disappointed them. Their family is a hereditary magical craftsman (this is not the original term in the novel) that embroiders defense magic/blessings on the cloth/dress. This is a rare profession as it can be used in battle etc. At first, she was favored by the whole household as she can sew/embroider very well at a young age, she was especially loved and idolized by the younger sister. However, it seems that there is a certain age that will let the abilities manifest but MC did not know it. So when she was tested by then by her father, she only thought to sew/embroider as always unknowing that it is a test and she is not taught on the process of imbuing power on the threads so she failed. The whole household only thought that she has no power and after her younger sister managed to pass the trial she was then abused to death by the whole family. I am not sure if the sister at her age can be that calculating and 2-faced or something with how fast she treated MC. Not only was she abused to sew/embroider the ordinary way, the family, or her father, uses her as spirit bait so the family can borrow the spirit's power in their dress as they know that spirits like and is attracted to MC. But actually, MC knows how to imbue blessings the same way the family ancestor does but didn't know that it was that kind of sewing that the family wanted, later on MC does not have the energy to imbue magic as she was abused and starved.

I will try to answer some questions as I did not continue reading the updates. I mtl'd this some months ago, I think.

Melita_H, Mi shiru, Ceilo27 and 19 others like this.
  5. Twiggysan

Reading List:
    Link
    Do they eventual find out that she has the magic eyes and want her back?

6. Nbl.mrts

Nbl.mrts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's the ML

Animelover3 likes this.
  7. Twiggysan

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope it's the former king but I could be wrong. It may be the guy that took her in

8. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Twiggysan yes, i forgot how exactly, but her original family did end up discovering her talent. They did want her back, iirc, but she was “bought/hired” legally...
    @Nbl.mrts yes there is, it is the former king. Good guess!! :blobwink: Others actually thought that she would end up with the one who took her un but they only regard each other as family esp MC. Afaik, at first it wasn’t romantic, the stat b/w MC & king, i think it was too protect MC as her abilities are as powerful as the ancestor of her family.

Melita_H, Ceilo27, Ayame02 and 12 others like this.
  9. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    How old the former king? Because according to manga, he's look like an uncle and not a male lead.

Lilylam likes this.
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @ChuChi do you know why MC look so different from her family? And in the manga, MC was also neglected by her family and servants except her sister before the ceremony as well.

Ceilo27 likes this.
  11. Lilylam

Lilylam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They pointed that out in the manga. They guessed she looked different from her family because she inherited her looks from the Royal members that married into her family generations ago

12. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the manga there was a half spider lady? What's going on with that?

13. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    The heck? She failed the test because she didn’t know what they were looking for?

Why didn’t they just tell her how to sew?! If she has powers, they’ll show up! If not, then no dice. What’s with all this unnecessary secrecy that ends up causing a big misunderstanding anyways?

Though I’m pretty much scorning her family for doing a 180 on her as soon as they found out she had no powers. That’s a disgrace.

14. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, that all sounds idiotic. Are they assuming that anyone who has the ability will just use is instinctively?

1 test and you are out is idiotic, if they do not demonstrate the ability then you try to help them awaken it, and you definitely make sure they know that are being tested for the ability in case the child can chose not to use it and does not put in the extra effort for a test that does bot need it.

Plus have they never heard of late bloomers? (Actually that seems to be a good question for alot of fiction) Sometimes people awaken talents later then others. Or need something else to settle/develop first.

15. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  16. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    the former king is a dilf just sharing

17. Pamtiur

Pamtiur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do the former king have a wife and kids already or are she he's first wife??
    Why is he a former king?

Ceilo27 likes this.
  18. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Not certain, but if he is still in the nation and somewhat respected not imprisoned or exiled then he likely stepped down. Guess we need to wait and see.

Melita_H and Pamtiur like this.
  19. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more spoilers, pls? :blob_plusone:

20. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I reading the raws right in ch 27
    That the king was planning on removing Her family from the nobility soon? and is glad MC is a decent person so he can have her take over the house.

From what we have seen, the family was already in decline having gone down 2 ranks which is not a minor thing. Also it seem like the quality and speed of their work of their work is in decline if the MC basically looked at some of their spirit embroidery and started pointing out issues with every level, plus did they manga say that they were still working on a order from the crown after 3 years?

It feels like they messed up and lost status because of it, then instead of addressing the issues and correcting them the father doubled down on his pride, and has just made things worse. which would kind of justify the loss of status.

If their rank comes form a skill, and they have let that skill deteriorate (likely having driven out or killed off much talent due to their incompetent teaching and testing of the skill) is there really any need to keep them around?

Opelia, Melita_H, Tiis_Ganda and 24 others like this.