Recommendations MC as a tutor

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by norach212, Aug 5, 2020.

1. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    So, i have read a lot of novels where the MC entered an academy and become a genius student there with the help and backing of his/her mentor.

Can someone recommend me novel where the MC takes a role of a mentor/lecturer/professor instead. A novel where the MC takes a disciple/s and nurturing them into a great person or something.

2. gpn159

gpn159 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOHP
    H1NF
    Absolute Great Teacher

3. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Library of Heaven's Path.
    I mean, the MC still is a face-slapping chinese MC, but the entire novels plot is about how amazing "Master Teachers" are and the MC is (of course) the best of them.

norach212 and OverlordPotato like this.
  4. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    norach212 likes this.
  5. norach212

norach212 Unknown being

Reading List:
    Link
    By H1NF, i believe you mean History's number 1 founder right?

animefan217 likes this.
  6. HafidzM

HafidzM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The protagonists are murdered by me
    Supreme magus

8. DiXanthos

DiXanthos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Two novels that come to mind are:

Running Away From The Hero! (Remake). The MC starts as a teacher for new "students" in a criminal evil organization and has very peculiar teaching methods. But higher-ups admire his results: the students that come out of his "tough love" courses are some of the very best. He takes other teaching roles later on.

Necrotourists. A comedy/action series about a supreme lich MC that simply wishes to tour the world with his undead friends as a vacation from running a dungeon (he's a genius idiot). Ends up causing hilarious disaster after disaster in different nations, but in the third arc and so on, he also accepts the role of mentor of the heroes' party. Both his teachings and methods in shaping these young minds are unforgettable comedy (with some actually making some sort of sense).

He later on takes on a formal teacher role in a magic academy, where the heroes and his new students have the opportunity to enjoy the most soul-crushing regime of learning imaginable (comparable to ones used by the MC of the above story).

Moreover, he takes one of the heroes, the magician Kendra (that's her in the cover) as his own apprentice. The relationship they start is very interesting, and so are the strange ways of magic he alone has discovered and shares only with her: a somewhat unique system of magic that provides for some very mind-bending and creepy scenes.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020