Spoiler The Long-awaited Mr Han

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kieranfortier, Apr 9, 2019.

1. BrokenLove

BrokenLove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hello.. I know in the latest chapter, everything is almost about the side characters stories~~ right now i’m at the beginning of wei wucai & yan yanqing or something ( not sure what her name is, since I read mtl)— but do u know which chapter luman and han zhuoli find out or check out the gender of the babies? i really can’t find it I give up reading one by one chapter in mtl, i have a headache now. Super major headache. If u know, can you share which chapter? I’m gonna look it up then~~ thanks beforee

xiao_daoist likes this.
  2. Rivi

Rivi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, you’re in luck because I’m literally on that same chapter after having struggled through the loooooong side chapters with Wei Wucai and Yan Zhiqing! Not that it’s not a cute story but yes, if you’re trying to find out more about Lu Man’s pregnancy then skip ahead to Chapter 3271 (if you’re reading on “mtlnovel”).

Happy (mtl) reading!

xiao_daoist likes this.
  3. BrokenLove

BrokenLove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I already read chapter 3271, but is that It? they said the grandma already know, luman & zhuo li keep it a secret from zhuo feng, zhuo ling couple. That’s why I have a doubts if by some chance, we’re skipping some chapter where they go to hospital and find out the gender?

4. Rivi

Rivi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

The chapter I quoted is a bit confusing but at the very end of that chapter it’ll reference the gender of the bubs. But if you want to skip ahead to when they are finally born then it’s chapter 3317 (well, the start of the birth). And if you’re wondering, then yes, I once again was literally just reading this chapter when I saw your reply. :blob_grin:

5. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    2416-2420

2416 - Lu Qiyuan did not believe her, because he knew she was married with He Zhengbai and yet there was no wedding. He had seen He Zhengbai fooling around on the outside, so things must not be going well for her. Lu Qi must have made some sort of deal with the He family to be able to finally show up, and so she must have ulterior motives. "Do you know Lu Man is going to have a wedding?" she asked. Lu Qiyuan really did not know. She said Lu Man had been handing out invitations at school, but not one for you. Lu Qiyuan knew Lu Qi was winding him up, but it was working. When he told her to get to the point, she sulked saying he was mad at her even though this was about Lu Man. Lu Qi said: "When I asked her who would walk her down the aisle, she said it would be Wang Juhuai. I said I would tell you about it, can you guess what she said? She said the father position would be Wang Juhuai, and you had nothing to do with her. She never thought of inviting you. Nor me. I would understand it if it was just me, we never had a good relationship. But you are father and daughter. Don't you mind?"

2417 - You would be the laughing stock of the public. Lu Qiyuan really was angry. Jiang saw this and quickly asked: "So what do you want? You want him to confront Lu Man, and take the opportunity to get invited? Judging from your face, you must have went to see her but she didn't give you one. So now you come to Qiyuan. You won't let her go, but you shouldn't use your father! You have plotted against him all this while, have anything good come out of it? You have him step up when you needed something, but when it turns sour, he's the one who pays the price. You are still like this today, you only think of him when you needed him. No matter what Lu Man did, she did not went after his wealth nor made use of him. You say you are father and daughter, but what did he ever get from you except suffering? Because of you, he had to close down the talent management agency. He invested in your show but the money was lost. He was ill and hospitalized, but you took advantage of it to steal his money. The company is still in trouble and yet to recover. What have you done for him? Miss Lu, you asked him to find Lu Man. But you're married to He Zhengbai and part of the He family. Lu Man has a bad relationship with Qiyuan. But you were raised with love. Are you really coming to reconcile? Then help the company. The He family had stolen a lot, they should give it back and it be settled. Since you want to help your father so much and say that you are innocent, do this to prove it. Shouldn't you do something to help your father now? Qiyuan, am I right?" He knew she was. He would have tried to approach Lu Man for help, but did not dare to offend Han Zhuoli.

2418 - What happened to the Xia family (Xia Yixin) was enough to make Lu Qiyuan fearful. Jiang was right, Lu Qi should be helping him instead. When had helping her turned out well for Lu Qiyuan? Lu Qi raged, but Lu Qiyuan said Jiang was correct: You helped outsiders against me and now still want to use me? If you really want to reconcile, show some sincerity. I know you plan to make use of me against Lu Man, did you think I am so stupid? I'm your father and you had made use of your mother. You sent her to jail and now you want to use me? I'm not as dumb as Xia Qingyan! Get my money back, then we can be as before. Otherwise, there is nothing for us to talk about." Lu Qi knew it was impossible but decided to lie by saying she would try her best. And... her situation was not good at all, she only managed to get some freedom lately. She expressed her regrets and took the blame, said it would be difficult to get the money, but would try her best. "Wait for me, dad, wait for me!" she said before she left. Jiang knew it was a show, because when they had tried to get the money back from the He family, they have constantly thrown up excuses to delay it.

2419 - Look at Lu Qi fleeing faster than a rabbit. Lu Qiyuan laughed sarcastically. Jiang hugged his arm, again asking if she had overstepped her bounds, but Lu Qiyuan assured her. What about the thing with Lu Man? Lu Qiyuan knew better than to provoke Lu Man and said he would not go. Jiang made a show of being glad, saying he should not be used by Lu Qi again. This gave Lu Qiyuan a plausible excuse to save face, and he was happy because of Jiang Yujie's thoughtfulness... The day before of the wedding. As per custom, Lu Man would be in Wang Juhuai-Xia Qingwei's house. Zhuoli would come to pick her up on the wedding day. The place was decorated, the community were informed. The rooms were rearranged by the women of the Han family. And as per custom, Wang Juhuai did not allow Zhuoli to meet Lu Man until the actual wedding. "Dad, I have already gotten the certificate with Manman all this while, do we really need to do this?" Zhuoli asked exasperatedly as he had finished a day's work. Wang Juhuai insisted on the tradition, but Zhuoli reminded him that he was already with Lu Man the night before and to the morning. The two men argued and the commotion was enough for Lu Man to want to see what was happening. She was not that scrupulous about the traditions, but she wanted to make the elders happy.

2420 - She wanted to persuade Zhuoli, but this time she was prevented by Xia Qingwei. Really, can you guys keep your hands off each other for just one night? "I was just going to tell him to leave..." Lu Man said but the expression her mother's face showed that she did not believe her: "Give him a call instead, don't let him pester your dad at the door. Didn't you do the same to me when I married your dad?" Lu Man really did not thought of this and sheepishly decided to call Zhuoli on the phone. Xia Qingwei shook her head bemusedly, then blushed because she remembered how Juhuai had called her to talk for hours before the wedding. Outside, Zhuoli and Wang Juhuai were wrangling until Shi Xiaoya and Zhuoling arrived. They greeted Wang and Xia Qingwei invited them in. "But not you, you're not coming in," she said to Zhuoli. Speechless, he instead turned to Zhuoling. "Why are you here?" Shi Xiaoya said she would be doing Lu Man's makeup early the next morning and would be staying the night. "And I sent her here," Zhuoling added with a gloating smile, "You can't enter?"

Biakushi, tsalien, Shivani and 3 others like this.
  6. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2421-2425

2421 - "When you marry Xiaoya, you won't be able to enter," Zhuoli swore. Xiaoya blushed, how did teasing him backfire on her? Zhuoling chuckled, that is in the future. For now, he went in with Xiaoya. Then he turned around to tell Zhuoli: "Go back, don't block the door. The wedding is tomorrow, today is a busy day. Don't make trouble." Now Zhuoli really swore in his heart to do the same to Zhuoling in the future. Then his phone rang, and he slapped himself when he saw Lu Man's name. He immediately whined about being refused entry, causing his in-laws to be speechless. Zhuoling joined them in staring him down, how shameless of this brother! Lu Man laughed saying this was custom. Since the parents wanted it, lets bear with it for one night. Go back and rest, you have an early day tomorrow. We will meet again in ten hours. Zhuoli then quickly followed up by asking if she had Xiaoya stay over for convenience? What about me then, so that I won't need to worry about waking up too early? "Stop making trouble, go home!" Lu Man grinned. Even Xiaoya and Zhuoling could not believe how sticky Zhuoli was. "I haven't seen you in a day, don't you miss me?" Zhuoli whined. She went out to the balcony on the second floor and told him to look up. He brightened and wave back at her.

2422 - And so they had a conversation like that, before he finally left. Zhuoling stayed for dinner. After dinner, Shi Xiaoya received a call from a Jixia Academy classmate, Gao Yaohai. The former class monitor asked if she would be attending the academy's 100 year anniversary. The event was quite prestigious and meaningful, and most of the living alumni would be attending to support the school and to catch up with friends.

2423 - Xiaoya said she had received the invite a few days ago and she would be going. Gao said all their classmates from the elementary to the high school would be attending, and said they should have a get-together party of their own. She had been absent for the past few gatherings, she must come. Xiaoya promised. When she told him about it, Zhuoling said quite a few from their family would be going as well, they were all alumni. "Even uncle and auntie?" she asked. "Shouldn't you call them mom and dad by now?" he smiled. He asked about the phone call, and she said she had missed the previous gatherings due to studying makeup under her mentor and embarking on her own career. Really, it only had been recently that she had gained some actual fame.

2424 - Some didn't think her career path was particularly glorious, saying that she should be making her own brand and building a company, that being a makeup artist was beneath her. It was another reason why she had stayed away from the gatherings as they were about boasting about themselves. She hoped this time around such talk about be lessened, especially she had gotten used being around the 8 big families who don't gossip about such things. Besides, who would dare to show off around them? Zhuoling asked if he should go with her to the gathering. She said his appearance would cause a scene, and though Zhuoling did not mind it, she did not want him to stick out like a sore thumb because he wasn't part of the group.

2425 - He agreed to her decision, she could call him to pick her up if she wanted to leave the gathering early. After that, he left as it would be a little embarrassing to be with Shi Xiaoya in Wang Juhuai's house. That night, Shi Xiaoya and Lu Man had some girl talk. She asked if Lu Mas nervous. Yes, she was, even though she had been with Zhuoli for some time. Xiaoya was curious about how marriage felt, and Lu Man teased her about Zhuoling. Xiaoya admitted that everything good and bad being blended in together in marriage was not going to be the same as before. Lu Man asked if they had quarreled before, Xiaoya said they had yet to fight. Zhuoling had always put her first in his mind. Xiaoya couldn't imagine arguing with him. It was time for bed and Xiaoya urged Lu Man to really rest. Makeup can cover up the visual effects of a sleepless night, but not a tired spirit.

7. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2426-2430

2426 - Xia Qingwei then arrived with some bird's nest soup for nourishment. They had it before turning in for the night. Soon it was 4am, and Shi Xiaoya got up to do Lu Man's makeup. Helping her was Guo Yujie and some people from the studio to do her styling. By 6am, Yan Zhiqing (the actress from the Yan family, she had helped Lu Man in the movie festival), Zheng Yuan, Han Leilei and Pan Xue also arrived, they would also be styled as they were the bridesmaids. The best men would be Zhuoling, Zhuofeng, Wei Zhiqian, Wei Wucai and Zhao Gushen from the 8 big families. The makeup done, the dresses worn... Lu Man was stunned that the videographer of the day was actually Director Jicheng. She was stunned and embarrassed, and Jicheng teased her saying he received a death order from Zhuoli to make it a blockbuster. Juhuai said since he was walking her down the aisle, it meant he could be the one playing the wedding march. Jicheng suggested dubbing in his music in post production and he quickly agreed. In the kitchen were all the aunt maids preparing the feast. Xia Qingwei was dressed in a elegant cheongsam, her hair tied in a matching bun.

2427 - She stood quietly by the door, gazing at Lu Man as Guo Yujie put on the finishing touches. Xia Qingwei could not but feel moved to tears. Yes, her daughter had been with Zhuoli all this time, and her daughter had been away since then. But seeing her in the wedding dress really hits home. Wang Juhuai came over to soothe her, don't let Lu Man see you crying. Qingwei laughed, saying she won't. The makeup all done, Lu Man sat on the bed, her wedding dress splayed out on it beautifully. Steward Wei Zhong was done with the neighborhood preparations and had people ready. At this time, there was a baby's cry. It was little Wang Yijun who was now 7 months old. He had managed to stand up for the first time by holding on to the sides of his crib. When Qingwei came to check on him, he cried and reached out for her. This made him fall back onto the crib and he threw a tantrum. Qingwei carrying him and soothe him, saying this was his big sister's grand day, and he calmed down. Pleased, she asked if he wanted to see his sister. "Aoao!" he exclaimed.

2428 - She brought him out to see Lu Man. Lu Man stretched her arms for a hug and boy who initially did not recognize her because of the makeup also did the same. Xia Qingwei didn't want her dress to be messed but gave in. Soon the bridegroom's convoy arrived. Yan Zhiqing and the bridesmaids stood ready at the door to challenge the best men. "Brother, it's up to you!" Zhuoli called out to Zhuoling. "Xiaoya? Please open the door," he asked magnetically. The hypnotized Xiaoya reached out to the door knob, much to the exasperation of Wang Juhuai. Luckily Yan Zhiqing covered her ears and Han Leilei pulled her away. "Don't you use a honey trap! Xiaoya's been taken away, it's useless!" Yan said from behind the door. Zhuoling gave Zhuofeng a look and he pulled out five red envelopes and shook it by the window. "That's the way," Yan laughed and swiped them. It wasn't about the money, it was about the game. The men were allowed in. But the next challenge was for one of them to carry one of the girls on his back and leapfrog up the stairs.

2429 - They would have to do it within a minute. Zhuofeng immediately said he had not the strength to truss up a chicken, he's poor and helpless and unsuited to such physical activity... Wei Zhiqian coughed, saying he can't do it. Zhuofeng: "No wonder you are single, so you can't do it." Wei was about cuss out but knew better. Zhuoli asked for Zhao Gushen. Shi Xiaoya had never seen him before and so Zhuoling explained he was especially picked as a the muscle of the group. Zhao gentlemanly said that he didn't know any of the ladies. Then they asked Xiao Cai (Wei Wucai) who was enthusiastically endorsed by his brother Wei Zhiqian. They laughed at the absurdity of the captain of the Wen family's shadow guards being forced to do this. Wei Wucai agreed and asked who he would be carrying. Lu Man's classmates dared not, while Shi Xiaoya was of course would only be picked if Zhuoling was doing it.

2430 - Yan Zhiqing stepped up laughingly, and this made Wei Zhiqian worried for his brother. Wei Wucai bent slightly for her to get on his back. He asked her to hurry up, saying she looked so thin, surely she won't weigh much. Yan was pleased by this backhanded compliment, but the girls were secretly prepared. When Yan jumped on, Wei Wucai nearly collapsed. The unstable movement frightened Yan too and she wrapped her arms around him to beat his chest. "Why are you so heavy!" the captain of the shadow guards huffed. Shi Xiaoya: "Alright, we aren't needed now." The other girls lifted their skirts to release the thick sandbags around their calves. Each bag fell with a heavy thud.

Biakushi, Dajaja, tsalien and 2 others like this.
  8. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2431-2435

2431 - The men were speechless. Wei Wucai could not help but turn to look down at Yan's legs, she too had the sandbags on. Wei Zhiqian picked one up curiously but was shocked at the weight. Turns out they were filled with very heavy iron sand. Yan Zhiqing had borrowed it from her film crew, and each girl were wearing two bags. Zhuofeng was shocked that the women could still move, but they only wore it just before they opened the door for them. So that's why they were not moving a lot earlier. How vicious... The four men gave Wei Wucai sympathetic looks. Yan Zhiqing stretched out an arm mischievously: "Xiaoya, put them on my arms too." Xiaoya said it would be painful later but she didn't mind. Wucai warned her but she ignored him, and so both her arms had sandbags too. "How about two more?" Wucai suggested sarcastically. "I'm thinking of it," she replied, but she couldn't. "I'm going," Wucai said. "Go!" Yan said, and he could imagine her cracking a whip. He started up the stairs. Meanwhile, Wei Zhiqian pull the other men aside. Zhao pulled his arm away: "What? Just speak, we are grown men, don't pull me, it's not good!" Zhuofeng too threw him aside with disgust: "Just say it, don't pull us like this, it can cause misunderstandings." Wei Zhiqian: "..."

2432: "Han Zhuoling! Can you control your brother? He's so unruly!" Wei Zhiqian exclaimed. "You want to bully my brother? Didn't you say you can't do it?" Zhuoling asked. "I mean I am not as as strong as Xiaocai, not that," Wei said. "Man's strength is very important. It's like a battle and you can't be weak in that area," Zhuoling said very seriously, much to the exasperation of Wei Zhiqian. Really, all of them are ganging up on him at the first chance they get. Knowing he can't beat all of them, he begged to be let off and don't let the misunderstanding grow. After all, even his grandma had once suspected him of liking men due to his procrastination in marriage. He had to deny it directly and he still did not know whether his grandma actually believed him. "Alright, alright, what you can't do, we won't tell others," Zhao said very brotherly. Zhiqian gave up trying to talk to them, instead he went to Shi Xiaoya. She laughed, they were all just joking but because you took it so seriously, it could really be real. "Fake! Absolutely fake news!" Wei Zhiqian gritted. Eventually she said the girls won't say anything more about it. "Don't you dare believe it!" he demanded and the women agreed, finding it more and more dubious as he got so worked up. Zhao shouted for him to see Wei Wucai doing the leapfrog, it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Deciding that Lu Man's friends were of good character, Wei Wucai believed their promise and dropped the matter.

2433 - He buried his woes by watching the event. Shi Xiaoya did the countdown and used a phone app for the timer. Wei Wucai had shot off, having confidence from his strenuous training, even going up two steps at a time. Yan Zhiqing was frightened, because she would be injured too if he fell down the stairs. "That's your problem, don't blame me," he said. This caused her to wrap her arms and legs around him tightly like a koala. Each time he jumped, the grip became tighter and he became aware of her femininity. He could feel her heartbeat. Her face was next to his, her every breath tickled his ears. "Don't hold me so tightly," he said through gritted teeth.

2434 - "I'm doing this because you are jumping so much!" she protested. "You... why is a girl like you sticking so closely to me?" he said. Yan snorted, clearly he was taking advantage of her, how dare he scold her. "You're doing this on purpose. You're supposed to go up one step at a time, but you used two to scare me!" she said. His face was fine and he was not out breath but she could see how red his ears were, and she wondered was he really that shy? She gave him a squeeze with her legs and felt him stiffen and now his face began to turn red. Really, he's shy! She teased him about his red face. Wei Zhiqian heard this and immediately said to Zhuoling: "He's not as good as me." It was an obvious attempt to wash aside the earlier rumour and they laughed. Wei Wucai: "Hey. Are you really 60kg? It feels more like 300!" This infuriated her. No wonder he's been single, he deserved it! Forever alone! "15 seconds left!" Shi Xiaoya called out and counted. Wei Wucai jumped up the last two steps and made it. Yan Zhiqing smirked, knowing it really would have just taken 30 seconds, 1 minute was more than easy for him. "Why haven't you got down yet," he asked, suddenly realizing his hands were on her legs while carrying her. Yan Zhiqing really had been caught up in the moment and hurriedly slid off. She took off the sandbags and as Xiaoya had warned, there were painful bruises on her arms and legs. She would be sore tomorrow. Yan glared at Wei Wucai who seemed perfectly fine, and she gritted her teeth. From the side, Xiaoya felt there was a certain spark between the two...

2435 - The games were over and Zhuoli was soon at the door to Lu Man's room. "You are letting me in?" he warily asked the girls. "Oh, you think we made it too easy for you?" Yan demanded. She whipped out her phone to find more games. "Wait! Mercy, mercy!" he stopped her and she laughed. Usually, the groom would need to recite his vows at this point, but Zhuoli would surely take care of Lu Man and there was no point for such a thing. Zhuoli opened the door and he stood at the doorway stunned. He had already seen Lu Man in the wedding dress once when she had tried it out before, but seeing her now sitting quietly on the bed, the dress all spread out on it, the neckline that showed off her shoulders and curves, her long neck showered with the sunlight filtering through the windows... When she turned to look at him and her lips tugged into a sweet curve, he was stupefied. He wanted to drink this all in and engraved this image in his moment forever. The bridesmaids giggled, he was obviously lost when he saw her. They gave him a few moments as he stood in a stupor. Eventually Yan pointed to the time on her phone to signal Lu Man. "How long are you going to be dazed? Are you not coming in?" Lu Man smiled. Finally he reacted and walked in to praise her beauty. She flushed and he bowed to kiss her lovely red cheeks... only for Shi Xiaoya to stop him: "Don't ruin the makeup!"

9. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2436-2440

2436 - Zhuoli was very reluctant to be blocked at this moment, but he picked Lu Man up. "Let's go and get married," he said and she circled her arms around his neck. They went into the car and the convoy drove to the Han family home where the children of the neighborhood were waiting to join in the festivities, even the well-to-do families. The children gasped as Lu Man stepped out the car. A few of the boys swore to find a bridge as beautiful as her in the future. Naturally pleased, she gave him a wave and the boy was delighted. Zhuoli turned her face away: "Look at me, not at other males." "It's just a 5 years old kid," she said. "No, didn't you hear what he said? Didn't expect someone so young to have such good tastes," he laughed. "Well, when he grows up, I would be middle-aged and wilted," Lu Man smiled. "Who says? You will always be beautiful," Zhuoli said as he took her hand and walked her into the home. The older children following behind commented she's a truly beautiful celebrity.

2437 - The kid then said he would marry one too. Zhuoli laughed: "See, you are already influencing the kids." Lu Man did not know it but one day, the kid really grew up to have a celebrity girlfriend. In the house, they performed the tea ceremony to Han Xijin and Shen Nuo. Lu Man now called them mom and dad. They were delighted, having long waited for a daughter-in-law's tea. The rites done, the married couple now set off to the hotel. The children were given wedding sweets and chocolate. At the hotel, Shi Xiaoya was already waiting to do Lu Man's makeup. Lu Man asked who would be doing her makeup in the future. Shi Xiaoya smiled, maybe she would do it herself. Lu Man smiled: "Nonsense, look at me now, you would be frustrated to do it while you are wearing such a dress." Shi Xiaoya said she would think about it, but wondered if her mentor would be free to do it. It was time for Wang Juhuai to walk Lu Man down the aisle. He sighed with feeling, never expected to be able to experience such a day. Lu Man too was affected, never expected to be blessed and to have her father walk her down the aisle.

2438 - She had only thought of getting rid of the Lu family and lived comfortably with Xia Qingwei. But she met Han Zhuoli, and then unexpectedly found a father in Wang Juhuai. "Dad," she called him, and he became emotional as she tearfully thanked him for becoming her father, for treating her as his daughter. Wang's eyes shimmered and he urged her to blink away her tears. "I have two children in this life, it's worth living," he said. The doors open, the music played and they slowly walked towards the waiting Han Zhuoli. This wedding was a public affair, reporters from Nanyin Media were given permission to cover it. Xiezi the friend who worked as a paparazzi and then a reporter was also invited, and he was seated together with bride's family. He was stunned but Qingwei insisted, he was almost a son who had helped them in the darkest of times. She introduced him to Wang Juhuai and we finally get to know his full name: Fang Jingyuan, nicknamed Xiezi. It was because of him that Lu Man and Qingwei were able to survive back then. Knowing how she had almost died because of poor conditions back then, Juhuai was eternally grateful to him and said he would be welcome anytime. Xiezi was a little overwhelmed, and they urged him to sit with them.

2439 - In the same table were Sun Yiwu and Jicheng whom Lu Man had regarded as an uncle and a brother. Robert and Hayer were there too. Lu Dongliu and the others occupied two tables nearby, all of whom who had helped Lu Man in one way or another. Now she was slowly walking down the red carpet with Wang Juhuai. A beam of light shone down on her as she walked and just as Qin Zigou had designed, the dress glowed and fluttered. All eyes were glued on her. The women especially focused on her wedding dress, they were absolutely envious and in awe. Nanyin media was covering the entire event and though there was no livestream, they were allowed to post pictures. The cameras flickered constantly at Lu Man, the shutter sounds nearly overwhelmed the music. Pictures were soon uploaded online and people were driven into a frenzy about the dress.

2440 - They couldn't find the brand, surely it must be specially made. By the time Wang Juhuai had brought Lu Man to Zhuoli, the bridesgroom was already a little impatient. Especially since Wang now felt a little reluctant. "Dad," Zhuoli reminded and Wang handed Lu Man over. She looked back at her father with shimmering eyes. It was obvious this father-and-daughter relationship was very real. Lu Qiyuan was not invited, but no one cared. Lu Man had an unreliable father but blessed with Wang Juhuai. What sort of life had she cultivated to also land Han Zhuoli? "I'm handing her over to you. I believe you will treat her well, but not matter what, I am her father!" Wang Juhuai said. Lu Man teared up as she called him father. The videographers made sure to have recorded this moment. Zhuoli took Lu Man's hand and said: "Dad, Manman is the person I had awaited for a long time. I will cherish her and I will treat her well for the rest of my life." Wang Juhuai nodded: "I believe in you." He stepped back, leaving them together and joined Xia Qingwei at the table. She was already sobbing: "I'm not worried about her. With Zhuoli, I am relieved that Manman will be treated well, she will only be happier from now on."

Biakushi, tsalien and crunchberry like this.
  10. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not that far ahead. Actually I'm struggling right now, because there is a very unpleasant antagonist coming up soon and it really got on my nerves.

11. Ginonymous

Ginonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I gave up on this story after the third shift in 'main' character/character(s) focus. I wasn't thrilled when they switched from the main couple to the beta couple but at least they were related and weren't too far removed from the original focus of the story. However, I utterly despised it when it happened again and with a character who was really only loosely affiliated with the original story/couple. Apparently the author has written other stories about couples in this universe who also pop up in this story so I don't understand why they decided it would be a good idea to cram multiple "main" plots into one story.

12. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2441-2445

2441 - "I'm just moved that my daughter is all grown up. She used to be so small, and memories of her childhood are still so clear in my mind. She grew up so quickly in so much hardship, unsure of her happiness in the future. We used to think that there is no way out, and we never expected such a day," Xia Qingwei smiled, "I never expected that one day she would marry the one she loved without being forced by the Lu Family, to find a husband that would love her, spoil her and to protect her. She found one and even a good mother-in-law. She even found such a good father in you." Wang Juhuai gently wiped away her tears, and they looked at the stage where Zhuoli and Lu Man had exchanged their vows and rings. They were simple words, but direct and heartfelt. Everyone knew how they loved each other, there was no need for fanciful, flowery words for the benefit of others. The rings were exchanged, and Zhuoli kissed Lu Man. Now, it was truly complete. He stood straight and tall over her. In front of him was his wife, and he smiled... In an usual wedding, the best men and bridesmaids would have to drink and cheer at every table. But look at this luxurious lineup, who would dare to press them to do so? No one would dare to mess with them or try to hit on them, all were from influential families or tied to one.

2442 - And so even the best men and bridesmaids had the luxury of being able to sit down at their own table and join in the feast. Zhuoling and Xiaoya should have joined the main table, but Xiaoya was very curious about Yan Zhiqing and Wei Wucai. She whispered to Zhuoling about them, saying she wanted to see it develop. Zhuoling thought she must have been influenced by Grandma, but he agreed. Just as they were sitting down, they saw Grandma Han and Grandma Wei. The two old ladies had just gone to the washroom together. Grandma Wei did not want to be alone with her. As expected, Grandma Han gloated: They were so busy with Zhuoli-Lu Man, looks like they have to be busy preparing for Zhuoling-Xiaoya soon. "You haven't experience this yet, don't wait too long. Your grandson is not young any more... Now there's only Zhuofeng left for us, but don't worry, he's still young. Grandma Wei felt all the more glum when they walked past the bridesmaid/best men table. Both Wei Zhiqian and Wei Wucai were there as they were the best men... and the best men were bachelors.

2443 - Seeing how the Wei boys were so prominent in that table annoyed Grandma Wei, and she snapped angrily at them when they greeted her. "This table is for singles and both of you are here. You think it's so great to be the best men? To be unmarried bachelors?" Zhao Gushen was speechless, because he too was a single, it seemed like he's getting lumped together with them. He began to edge further away from Wei Wucai. Zhuoling held up Shi Xiaoya's hand to show off the ring: "Grandma Wei, I'm innocent. I'm engaged to Xiaoya and will be marrying soon. I'm not a bachelor any more." Then he pulled Xiaoya away and left the table with some parting words: "The rest of them are." Grandma Han ‘suddenly remembered this fact’ and clapped happily and urged the couple to leave the table. She even gave a goodbye wave to Grandma Wei and the table of bachelors. Grandma Wei snorted at the table before leaving too: "You guys are so proud being single!" Wei Wucai tsked at Zhuofeng, saying his brother Zhuoling was too unkind. Zhao complained to Wei Wucai and Wei Zhiqian: "I am an innocent bystander. Obviously she was cursing you two, but it spread to all of us at the table." The bridesmaids agreed, Lu Man’s classmates actually felt a little good because they were lumped in with the 8 big families. Yan Zhiqing nodded: "Obviously you two are the older leftover men and have little chance left, unlike the rest of us."

2444 - Wei Zhiqian refused to accept this, it should be Wei Wucai and Zhao Gushen as they were older, not him. Besides, it's not because you two don't want to remain single, but you two just can't find someone! You didn't find any when you were younger, you won't find any when you are older! Aggrieved, Zhao Gushen asked Yan Zhiqing if they should changed tables: "There are too many Wei family people here, a bit dangerous." Wei Wucai's sharp hearing heard this and repeated Wei Zhiqian's words, but this time directed it at Yan Zhiqing. The young woman was furious at Wucai and she pointed a thumb at her nose like a gangster, claiming that "this ol' lady" had plenty of suitors, only that she didn't like them, so don't put her at the same level as him. Wei Wucai told her to calm down and not embarrass herself, please.

2445 - Yan Zhiqian froze and realized she was indeed being rowdy, and so sat back down with a hmphh. Meanwhile, Zhuoling and Xiaoya had joined the main table but she was still looking at the lively exchange between Zhiqing and Wucai. Zhuoling who was filling up her plate was exasperated by the distraction: "You keep looking over there. Is the food not tasty or I'm not good looking?" Xiaoya nearly spit-take her orange juice, never expecting Zhuoling to be so flippant. The wedding banquet soon ended, but instead of staying at the complimentary hotel room, the newly weds decided to go back home.

13. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2446-2450

2446 - They only used the hotel room to clean up and change their clothes. Lu Man said the wedding day had been tiring, even after having most of the prep work delegated and arranged by various people on their behalf. Lu Man recalled the long day: the morning ceremony, the afternoon banquet with all the wedding guests and now the smaller thank you dinner for the friends and family... At the dinner, Lu Man and the girls had taken the time to gather and gossip about Wei Wucai and Yan Zhiqing. Lu Man did not expect this piece of news, and Xiaoya said they should watch to see it develop. The people in question arrived and by miracle, Yan Zhiqing and Wei Wucai ended up sitting beside each other.

2447 - Lu Man and Shi Xiaoya were so preoccupied with spying on them that they absentmindedly just ate whatever Zhuoli and Zhuoling was putting on their plates. Wei Zhiqian was complaining how Grandma Wei had cussed them all out during the banquet, and accused Zhuoling for abandoning them when it happened: "So what if it was a table of bachelors, is it our fault? We didn't want it either!" Yan Zhiqing's lips twitched, what do you mean 'we'... Xiaoya coughed and asked her about her taste in men. "Someone good who would help and pamper me. Not allowed to lose his temper. He can talk to me no matter how angry he becomes. Well, it really depends on his character," she answered promptly. Wei Zhiqian: "Coincidentally, our Xiaocai also wants someone with a good temper." Zhiqing replied that Wei Wucai was someone tactless, and so it would be difficult to find someone who can be patient with him. Wei Wucai said calmly: "You must have spent some time thinking about this to have answered quickly about your type. You don't look worried, you must hate the idea of marriage." Zhiqing denied this emphatically, but Wucai sighed saying that she had a bad temper and so she needs someone with a bad temper too. "It's my problem, don't need you to worry about it," she said. "I'll definitely find a gentle and pleasant girl," he said. They laughed sarcastically. Lu Man whispered to Xiaoya: "The two of them are just enemies." But Xiaoya thought they were quite delightful. After the dinner, Wei Wucai went back home. He noticed the lights were still on, perhaps his parents were still awake.

2448 - The moment he entered, his mother Dong Muping greeted him "Xiaocai". He was exasperated because the nickname was girlish and had been stuck ever since he was young. This was because Dong Muqing had hoped for a daughter very much... to the point that when she had asked her husband Wei Hezheng what he preferred, she insisted "a girl, it must be a girl!" when he said he didn't mind. She had been depressed when Wucai was born and cheered herself up by giving her son a girly name and dress him up in girl clothes when he was little. Wei Hezheng asked if she wanted another try at a child, but she did not like the possibility of getting another son and resigned to the future of Wei Wucai finding a good daughter-in-law to bring back for her. Unfortunately, by the looks of things, she could not expect much from her son.

2449 - She despaired that by the time Wei Zhiqian had grandchildren, Wei Wucai would still be unable to bring back a daughter-in-law. She asked if Wucai would be staying long in the city. When he said yes, Dong immediately said she would like to introduce a few girls and he reluctantly agreed. Elsewhere, Yan Zhiqing too had returned to her family home. She lived on her own in another city due to her acting career. This time, she returned to find her grandparents waiting for her. They fussed over her, knowing that she was headstrong and would do even dangerous film stunts herself.

2450 - The grandparents gave up on trying to dissuade her and could only insist on regular checkups to ensure her health. Grandma Yan had no choice but to keep an eye on her, because Zhiqing was someone quite fickle and unable to stick to routines. When Zhiqing said she would be staying for some time, Grandma Yan immediately broached the subject of finding man. Did she meet anyone good at the wedding banquet? "Haha, it's a Han family wedding, all the men are good," Zhiqing deflected. When she said she was still young, Grandma Yan said Lu Man and Shi Xiaoya who were of the same age as Zhiqing were already attached: "Stop, don't tell me you're still a baby. How can there be a baby like you, don't be shameful." Grandma Yan went on to ask ask: Well, you were with the bridesmaids and the best men. What do you think of the men?

Biakushi, crunchberry, Dajaja and 3 others like this.
  14. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2451-2455

2451 - Zhiqing brushed it off. Zhuoling has a fiancee, Zhuofeng is young and all the rest were like brothers to her. "Zhao Gushen? Wei Zhiqian, Wei Wucai?" Grandma Yan counted. Zhiqing immediately discounted the first two as they were all childhood friends. Grandma Yan immediately picked up on how she had left out Wei Wucai. Yan Zhiqing reacted like an annoyed cat: "He's even more impossible than them!" Zhiqing said they were incompatible. Wucai had no delicacy and had a poisonous mouth... He's not her type. Don't even think about it! Grandma had no choice but to stop prodding. At their home, Lu Man had finished cleaning up, only to be swept up by Zhuoli in a whirlwind kiss. "Manman..." he called out huskily, "Can you show me the wedding dress again."

2452 - Lu Man was astonished but Zhuoli said he had been so busy and preoccupied during the wedding that he didn't have time to really see her in the dress. Besides, he wants a private viewing, separate from all those guests. Lu Man agreed went to change. They say a woman with good luck will only need to wear a wedding dress once, but here she was... though, by the time she got into the dress, all the romantic thoughts vanished because it was so complicated. She tied up her hair in a bun, and suddenly aware that she had no makeup on, she shyly peeked out of the door. Zhuoli was bemused but said he knew full well about her bare face. He knows her natural blush in her cheeks, the rose colored lips, eyebrows that don't need much touchup, her long eyelashes... really, she was someone who did not need a lot of makeup. Oh, and her pale and dazzling white skin... And when you are in my arms, it makes me not able to take my eyes away... Lu Man was nearly hypnotized by his magnetic voice and low tone. Where's my phone, I should have recorded this... "Manman," Zhuoli called out, "Come in, let me see." With her heart thumping, she opened the door and stepped out. His eyes drank in the beautiful sight of his wife in the wedding dress from head to toe, his hands on her thin waist as he looked at her appreciatively. Then his eyes went up her neckline and then her face... and she knew her earlier worries were completely unfounded.

2453 - She was complete suited to the dress, even without makeup. "Why is my wife so beautiful?" Zhuoli murmured, perhaps unaware that he had actually said the words. Zhuoli took a step back to have the full picture. Eventually Lu Man was embarrassed, but Zhuoli stepped back in to hold. "You look good... Today, I feel that we are truly married," he said, "From the time when I was with Qin Zigou, when I saw you in the dress for the first time.... Yeah... I wanted to take off the wedding dress from you myself." Lu Man flushed as Zhuoli said he had to wait until this evening. She gave his waist a twist. "Don't twist that. A man's waist is important. A bad waist leads to a bad job," he admonished. He twirled her around and they landed on the bed. "I was wondering if I should take off the wedding dress first, or lift the skirt first," he said, much to her consternation. She pounded him with her fists as he chuckled. Eventually he helped her out of the dress. Perhaps stimulated by the slow reveal of her milky skin, Zhuoli was quite unstoppable that night. Lu Man's voice became hoarse and she thought the world was coming to an end.

2454 - Each time she thought it was over, Zhuoli would continue again and again. When it was finally over, Lu Man exhaled with relief... and fell asleep. Zhuoli had wanted some pillow talk but allowed her to sleep blissfully. The next morning, Lu Man woke up to see Zhuoli looking after her. He had given her a kiss mark on the shoulder earlier but she kept on sleeping due to exhaustion. It was nearly noon when she opened her eyes, even then she felt she could sleep more. She could hear Zhuoli's fingers tapping on a laptop keyboard beside her. "What time is it?" she asked, only to be horrified together with Zhuoli by her own croaking, hoarse voice. He immediately got out of bed to get her some water and a throat lozenge. She had a sore throat... well, everything was sore. And whose fault was that? He couldn't resist laughing as she glared at him accusingly. He offered to be her servant for the day.

2455 - Lu Man was so worn out that Zhuoli had to help her sit up in the bed. "I don't want to think, don't want to move. I want to laze around," she said. She was so tired that she did not feel angry. It only made Zhuoli more proud about his fierceness, "I always thought those who say they leave their women unable to get out of bed the next day are just bragging, I did not expect it to be possible." He went to nuzzle her, but she pushed him away. "Then, should I also stay in bed?" he asked as he hugged her. "Not in broad daylight," she protested but he smirked, saying he just wanted to cuddle, what was she expecting? She gave him a kick but he really slid back into bed with her to cuddle and sleep... but his hands were on her waist and were roaming... "Didn't you say you want to go back to sleep?" she asked. "Just want a feel before sleeping," he kissed her ears. She complained about being in aching pain. Where? "All over, it all hurt," she whined. "Then I'll give you a squeeze here and there," he said.

15. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2456-2460

2456 - She was pleasantly surprised that he actually had some skill from his days of martial training in the Lanshan Courtyard. The 8 major families all trained there in their youth. He kneaded her sore neck, shoulders and back. When Lu Man's stomach growled, he offered to cook, something that Lu Man also did not know he could do. He was confident he could just follow a recipe, and she looked forward to his handmade meal. He washed up and was barely out of the bedroom when he got a video call from Lu Man. She was too tired to follow him, but wanted to see his cooking. She was lying lazily on the bed and her face was squished like a pig. He did not dare to tell her this, unaware that he was already being cowed by her.

2457 - He fetched a mobile phone stand that she had used for her online fan meetings so that she could get a good view of him in the kitchen. Wait a minute, if it's like this, I won't be able to read the recipe. So he went to the study again to get the iPad. He spent a few fruitless minutes looking for a recipe. What are you making? "A fried egg." Obviously something that simple wouldn't need a recipe... She told him to use some olive oil, heat it with low heat, crack the eggs in and fry it until the whites are done but with the yolk still runny. Can I use a bigger flame? No, that will burn the bottom before cooking the rest of the eggs. OK... how do I crack the eggs? He used too much strength and the egg exploded. The second egg was a mess with eggshells, and the yolk was ruined. "Will I be able to eat your food today?" she asked helplessly. Zhuoli refused to give up and finally succeeded on the third try. Some toasted bread. Salt and ground pepper on the eggs. Air-fried sausages. He brought them up to Lu Man. He was nervous as she dug in. "How is it?" he asked.

2458 - "Delicious," Lu Man said while nodding. Zhuoli was relieved, even though the only thing handmade was the eggs. He secretly decided to learn a few more dishes from the aunt-maid later. Lu Man sipped her coffee and smiled, saying how fortunate she was to have a husband who can earn money, cook and also as pretty as a flower. Zhuoli agreed to the first two, but 'pretty'? Lu Man: "Of course, you look good, I could eat plain rice while looking at your face." Zhuoli liked that. While he had bid farewell to his bachelorhood, others were still working hard to escape it, like Wei Wucai... Yan Zhiqing meanwhile was competing for an endorsement job of a top international jewelry brand that was entering China.

2459 - Yan Zhiqing had the qualities to meet their strict requirements. She was highly regarded enough for the brand's top management to personally come to China to interview her. Her agent Mou Danqiong encouraged her, but Yan Zhiqing felt a little pessimistic due to the tough competition as it would boost their portfolio immensely. Yan Zhiqing was not in for the money, but the exposure and the opportunity to expand her career. Her agent said Lu Xiuse was among the candidates, someone what Yan Zhiqing a little peeved by, for Lu Xiuse seemed to go after everything she was aiming for. Yan Zhiqing was a pioneer of Chinese international film star, and Lu Xiuse had a one-sided rivalry against her. Yan had the family background, but other than having a helping hand from Han Corp for her debuting works, she had been self-reliant ever since.

2460 - However, she could never escape the gossip from others that she had used her family to advance her career. She was realistic enough to understand that her background may have paid some part, but she only cared about acting well and satisfy her own interests from the particular venture. Lu Xiuse was different, she hugged the thighs of this or that boss and other underhanded methods in order to catch up to Yan and steal quite a few of her roles and endorsements. They were fearful of the Yan family, but could not resist the bribes given by Lu Xiuse. They were also heartened by the fact that Yan Zhiqing was striking out on her own and the Yan family were being hands-off.

16. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2461-2465

2461 - For a long time, Yan Zhiqing regarded Lu Xiuse as nothing but an attention-seeking clown. But this time, Lu Xiuse would be pulling out all the stops, Mou Danqiong warned. Yan asked if the president of the brand would act like one of those dirty CEOs. Mou said all men are the same everywhere. Yan was not shocked, and simply said that she would give up on the job if needed be. A loss is a loss, and she would just work harder for the next opportunity in her own uncompromising way.

2462 - The moment she entered the hotel which was the venue of the appointment, she heard a hotel staff greet someone "Mr. Wei." She looked back and saw it was Wei Wucai. How annoying to see this guy here... Wei Wucai too caught sight of her. The girl who had a slim build, thin waist and long legs in jeans and heels... Wei Wucai was not someone who would wash his eyes looking at women, but had taken a closer look when he found her familiar, but it turned out to be Yan Zhiqing. They greeted each other with sarcastic politeness, each saying they were there for business appointments. But they were still walking in the same direction. Walking behind her, Wei Wucai suddenly appreciated her elegant and confident strides.

2463 - On other people it would appear arrogant, but somehow it suited Yan Zhiqing's proud and strong nature. Reaching her own venue, they parted coolly. Mou Danqiong knocked on the door and Wei Wucai could catch a glimpse of the people inside. He could see Yan greeting the people inside politely. Why is she so good to others, and yet look at him so detestably? He continued on to his own appointment. Inside the hotel hall, Yan Zhiqing saw Lu Xiuse was also present. She had been invited by the brand local branch president (Mr. Luo) and VP (Mr. Zhang) to join in Yan's appointment. Speaking in English so that the international managers (Edwood and Chandler) could hear, Lu Xiuse asked if Yan had expected to be the only one invited for the dinner. The two foreigners did not know the circumstances and only thought it was reasonable for the meeting to be done together for efficiency. Lu Xiuse was two years older, but debuted at the same time, maybe this was the reason she did not feel the need to be polite to Yan Zhiqing.

2464 - Yan easily brushed aside her question, saying she had expected many candidates but not for Lu Xiuse to join her. Lu Xiuse had bribed the locals to worm her way here, and she did not like the fact tha Yan was so boldly insinuating this publicly. Yan did not care about her circumstances at all: "We are old rivals and have always been competitive with each other. No matter what movie, tv series or fashion event, as long as I am in it, I am sure to meet sister Xiuse. I know that she would compete against me in this, that is why I am not surprised to see her. I admire her supernatural powers to be able to find me even in my own appointment. Besides, Mr Luo, if you really wanted to save time, you should have called all the candidates today. I did not expect Mr. Edwood and Mr. Chandler to be here for only two candidates." The faces of Lu Xiuse, Luo and Zhang all changed. If only she's not from the Yan family! Lu Xiuse swallowed her anger and poured some red wine as if toasting in apology. She gave a wan smile and played the embarrassed victim, saying she did not expect Yan Zhiqing to be so hostile to her, she thought they were friends, turns out it was all one-sided.

2465 - She had always thought they were good rivals, but alas, it seems Yan was already against her all this time. The agent Mou Danqiong thought her thickfaced nature to be quite something. It was true that the brand only invited Yan today, yet this Lu Xiuse was able to get in here. It was obvious she had paid with flesh to do so. Yan Zhiqing did not falter at all: "So now you know our relationship is not good?" Lu Xiuse continued to play the white lotus: "Yes... I really did not expect this..." Yan: "Now you know. You can go now. If you leave now, we can still be good friends." Lu Xiuse was stunned and her lips twitched, saying that everyone has the right to compete for the opportunity. But Yan said she wasn't asking her to quit, but to leave Yan's lunch meeting and make her own appointment with the brand later: "Let me tell you the truth, I just don't like to eat with you." Mr Luo interjected, since they are already all here, give them some face and let's just have the meal together.

17. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2466-2470

2466 - Lu Xiuse jumped on his words. Well, if you're staying, I'll stay too. Zhiqing, if you don't like this sister, I can bear the misunderstanding. I respect you, and hope we can take this opportunity to resolve it. She drank the wine in a toast, cheered on by Zhang. Again Mr. Luo brought up his request. Yan Zhiqing coolly drank her own wine, steeling herself to make Lu Xiuse unhappy since she dared to barge in on her appointment... Over at his own appointment, Wei Wucai walked in to see his mother Dong Muqing, together with an unknown pair of mother-daughter and realized he had been duped into a blind date. Dong said it was 'coincidence' that she met Aunt Luo and Qingxian while shopping and decided to have a meal together. She was worried Qing Xian would be bored with the old people talk, and so had Xiaocai come to join in. This was actually the truth, it really was a coincidence. From the chat later she found out Luo Qingxian graduated well and had helped the family business from a young age.

2467 - She seemed like the perfect candidate for her unlucky son who would be too filial to back out now. Wei Wucai greeted the guests politely and Mrs Luo opinion of him increased. It didn't hurt that he was both handsome and had the built proportions of a fit model. She praised him and Dong was pleased. Wei Wucai and the men of the 8 families trained in then Lanshan Courtyard in their youth, and it was Fang Jiaran's hobby to watch over them as they exercised with their tops off...

2468 - Unfortunately, she was caught once and was banned from looking thereafter. The connection to Lanshan Courtyard was the reason Dong rarely talked about Wei Wucai, causing him to be somewhat of a mystery in social circles. Dong said she would be going shopping with Mrs Luo, and left the young people alone. Luo Qingxuan herself was satisfied with Wei Wucai; he had the looks as well as the background. She felt really lucky, and blushed while apologizing to him about the sudden blind date. Wei Wucai on the other hand did not feel much about her. It was their first meeting, and frankly speaking, he was quite immune to an ordinary beauty like her. Not like Yan Zhiqing. Hold on, why was he thinking about her now? Maybe it's because he ran into her earlier...

2469 - Well, it was true that Yan Zhiqing was pretty. And as she grew up, her attitude also improved. Personality wise though... Luo Qingxian did not expect her shy attack to bounce off Wei Wucai who merely asked if she had ordered food. Not yet, I don't eat much, please order as you like. And so Wei Wucai ordered without asking for her input, much to her annoyance. Looking for a topic, Luo asked what he do in the Wei Feng Corporation. Wucai honestly told her that he's from a different Wei branch family, and he did not have the qualifications to work there. The 8 big families sent their children to train in the Lanshan Courtyard for their self protection, and those with talent are often scouted to stay there. Wei Wucai was one of those. Unaware of the truth, Luo Qingxuan became a little disappointed and asked about his career. Wei Wucai vaguely replied he was like an investigator working for others, not his own company. Well, it's true because he was in the Lanshan Courtyard's intelligence unit. Luo Qingxuan became more disenchanted, the handsome man was unexpectedly not well off financially.

2470 - Her friends would surely laugh at her for having a husband who only had a pretty face. She asked why he was working such small time instead of being in one of the many Wei ventures. Wucai said the Wei family was very strict, and one does not simply enter the company. He did not have the ability, and his family too knows he did not have the business sense for it. It's true that he does not make much money, but his father has shares and dividends in the Wei businesses. He would likely to inherit them from his father later. After all, they were not from the main branch. His explanation seemed very self-deprecating and Luo Qingxuan's opinion of him plummeted. But such a waste, when he's so handsome! She asked if he hoped to open his own company. Wucai asked the reason for her interest in him. Is she planning to have a future with him? No? "Then what business is yours about my affairs?" He had given his mother and the guests some face and had politely answered her questions, but for this stranger to influence his career because she didn't like it... well, that's too much for their first meeting. Luo Qingxuan was embarrassed and angered. "I was only giving a suggestion," she said coldly.

18. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2471-2475

2471 - She said he was after all part of the 8 big families, all his peers were successful people yet he was working for others. She had assumed he was really some sort of private detective. Wei Wucai said he was a person without ambitions and liked his perfectly respectable job, thank you for your concern. Wei Wucai then went out to receive a phone call, it was from Yuan Jiangyi (colleague/subordinate?) who was bored. "Why don't you go bother Haozi (Hao Donghuai, captain of the Sun Shadow team) or the boss (Fang Boran, chief of the intelligence group)?" Wei rolled his eyes. Still, he rather kill the time with Yuan than to go back to Luo Qingxuan. Then he noticed a door was opening... the door to Yan Zhiqing's dinner. "Damn," he said and ended the call with the stunned Yuan. Inside that room, Yan Zhiqing watched on coldly as Lu Xiuse all but dry hump Edwood. Lu Xiuse was sitting near him and teasingly caressing his thigh, and the man was not about to refuse. President Luo leaned over to whisper to Yan Zhiqing: see, Ms. Lu had also shown us her sincerity for this endorsement. The man had liquid courage, otherwise he would not have dared to talk to Yan Zhiqing like this.

2472 - Disgusted, Yan asked if Lu Xiuse had shown the same 'sincerity' to Luo and Zhang earlier. The drunk Mr. Luo licked his lips as he openly bragged about it. Lu Xiuse was a wonderfully direct and transparent person. He suddenly put a hand on Yan's knee and said Lu Xiuse had begged them very, very sincerely for this meeting, and they were moved by it. Yan Zhiqing was disgusted and threw his hand off, knowing full well what he had meant. Provoked, Mr. Luo put his hand on her leg again, this time directly saying that this endorsement was not something her Yan family could give her. They could easily make Lu Xiuse the spokesperson for the brand. The agent Mu Danqiong tried to pry him away but he continued, saying Edwood originally really wanted Yan but look at this now, he's too is being moved by Lu Xiuse's sincerity. The foreigner was already directly groping Lu Xiuse. "But even so, he is a foreigner and he won't be here all the time. It would be up to us to choose the domestic spokesperson..." Mr. Luo was now desirous for fresh meat after tasting Lu Xiuse.

2473 - Now he's making the same offer to Yan Zhiqing. Show some sincerity and they will speak to Edwood for her. "What a bastard," Yan Zhiqing sneered and the president immediately sobered up a little. The listening VP Zhang scolded her, but Yan stood up and said fearlessly: "I don't care about your rat ass endorsement! A group of bastards doing disgusting things. You never seen a woman, is that why you are so horny?" She raised a leg and gave Luo's chair a kick. Having learned self-defense and been fit and strong all along, she was able to knock Luo down to the ground. The crash stunned Edwood and Lu Xiuse into stopping. Lu was jealous of Yan's overbearingness, she obviously had the backing of a big family to be so bold. If Lu had the same sort of background, she would not need to have resorted to doing such things. Even now, she felt a little sick of what she had done with Luo and Zhang.

2474 - But in truth, this was hypocrisy. She was already earning well enough, and nobody forced her into doing such things. It was her own endless desire that led her down this path. She would not be satisfied even if she had Yan Zhiqing's background. Mr. Luo scolded Yan, but she ignored him and told her agent to get the door. This was the situation that Wei Wucai saw, and he walked in. Mou Danqiong did not stop him as he was a familiar face and powerful to boot. Meanwhile, Yan Zhiqing had picked up a bottle of beer and poured it over Mr. Luo's body and crotch. "Here you go, don't think about such things all day long," she said. Mr. Zhang stood up indignantly, but he cowered when she stepped closer. Instead he backed off and stutteringly scolded her for acting crazily. "Yan what Yan?" she snapped, "You are in my Yan family's property, you dare to use your measly 5s and 6s to cause trouble, I think you're crazy!" She threw the empty bottle to the ground and said: "I don't care how others express their sincerity. It's their business if they are willing to give, and nothing to do with me. Even if she was doing it in front of me, I don't care about it."

2475 - "But just because I don't care, doesn't mean you can take advantage of me! Disgusting!" she said as she dusted the knee where Luo had touched her. The foreigners Edwood and Chandler did not understand Chinese but knew she was cursing angrily. Edwood pushed Lu Xiuse away to the ground and immediately put on his gentlemanly behaviour. "Ms. Yan, is this your attitude when seeking product endorsements? No matter what, you shouldn't resort to violence," he said coldly. Yan directly asked him if he was looking for a spokesperson for his brand, or someone for his bed. She pointed at Mr. Luo: "This is the sort of person you found in China. Your deeds do not match the image of your brand. I will not be endorsing your product." She knows such things will be exposed sooner or later. In fact, Lu Xiuse had hushed up the paparazzi who had dirt on her. Chandler threatened blacklisting Yan from the industry. Yan scoffed, challenging them to talk directly to the Yan family. Edwood froze, but reckoned that the Yan family was still just a local snake and not too big a danger. Yan turned to leave, but Luo stood back up to stop her. He did not want to offend the Yan family, but this matter needed to be settled first.

19. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2476-2480

2476 - Without thinking, Mr. Luo reached out to grab Yan's hand. Yan herself did not notice it, she finally realized Wei Wucai was at the door. She suddenly felt shy, having shown off her domineering side earlier. "Why are you here?" she asked. Wei Wucai reached out suddenly and she dodged out of the way to see that he had intercepted Mr. Luo's hand. Wucai twisted the wrist and Mr. Luo screamed in pain. Yan quickly went to hide behind Wei Wucai, and he was pleased that she relied on him in this time. It felt good. Yan didn't even think about it, Wucai was the most trustworthy person at this situation. Even though she was 1.7m tall with her heels, she found herself being shielded by his frame. Luo was furious, but then another person entered the room. "Uncle?" Luo Qingxuan asked in horror. She had come out after waiting for Wei Wucai for a long time, thinking he might have left already. She had overheard parts of his phone call and realized he did not look well on her and this angered her. She was actually to leave in a huff when she came across the commotion.

2477 - Was it because Wei Wucai was planning to leave without paying for the bill? Then she followed him in here and saw him standing protectively shielding a woman closely. This annoyed Luo Qingxuan even further, if you already have someone, why go on a blind date at all? It was not until she heard the squeal that she recognized her uncle on the ground. What the hell is going on? Already with a bad impression of Wei Wucai and seeing him with another woman, and her own uncle on the ground, she was beginning to have a bad idea. Oh wait.. is this Yan Zhiqing? How did Wei Wucai know her? Wei Wucai looked back and noticed Yan's hands were clutching his shirt. Yan's eyes followed his and suddenly realized what she was doing, and awkwardly let go. Luo Qingxian demanded to know what he had done to her uncle. Yan asked Wucai if he knows her, and the natural arrogance of someone in the 8 families piqued Luo. "Only met her today for the first time, not familiar," Wucai said and Yan Zhiqing nodded in understanding. Luo Qingxuan was nonplussed by his frankness, did he really have to so contemptuous...

2478 - Annoyed, Luo Qingxuan said she was too was not familiar with him, and had came to check if he was skipping the bill. Yan Zhiqing caught on immediately and whispered to Wei Wucai: "Blind date?" His ears itched and turned red as she asked, "How did she come to that conclusion about you as someone who would dine and dash?" Unsettled, Wucai turned his head, but this sudden movement nearly caused a lip-to-lip touch with Yan Zhiqing. She quickly back away. Seeing their intimate talk and the fact that Wucai was smiling made Luo Qingxuan sneer: "Mr Wei, if you didn't want to meet, it would be fine. If you have a girlfriend, why come and insult others? So you're not talented in business, but in women." Yan was stunned, was this woman completely ignorant about Wei Wucai? She gave him a twist on the arm. "But why?' he asked. "You dare to ask me why? Tell me, what's with her? You dare to fool around behind my back?" Yan demanded. He realized she was acting, but boy, was it realistic... "Is it because I had a kissing scene in my last job? You got jealous and so you ran out to kiss someone? Wei Wucai, do you still have a conscience?" she scolded.

2479 - It was even realistic to Wei Wucai who knew her, and so it was completely taken in by Luo Qingxuan. Why would Yan Zhiqing like such a useless man? "Stop making trouble," Wucai whispered as he grabbed Yan's hand to prevent her from giving him another twist. "Trouble? You got tired of me, now you want someone new. So I'm trouble now, is it?" she continued to act. "Zhiqing...?" a man's voice called out. Of all people, it was her brother Yan Beicheng. He had arrived with the restaurant's manager and security. She quickly let go of Wucai and asked awkwardly: "Brother, why are you here?" Yan Beicheng's eyes went back and forth between her and Wucai. "I heard you were in trouble, of course I came to look," he said. Coincidentally, he too had a meeting nearby and had overheard the commotion. "What the hell is going on?" he asked as he surveyed the room. Now she had ample backup, Yan Zhiqing explained the situation. Lu Xiuse was hiding out of sight. She wondered, would Yan Beicheng really go against the international luxury and cosmetic EW Group for his sister?

2480 - Lu Xiuse had seen the big and powerful men who would put self-interests ahead of everything else. If Yan Beicheng backed down, it would turn out fine for her. Hearing the story, Yan Beicheng's expression darkened. "Everyone is well," he greeted, "I hope your business here can prosper." It was a lucky greeting but his expression was ominous. Lu Xiuse cheered, thinking than Yan Beicheng would not stand up for his sister. "Let's go," he said. He gave the room a look around, and Lu Xiuse shook when his eyes seemed to see her even though she was hiding. Meanwhile, Luo Qingxuan who had heard the story now felt totally embarrassed, and was full of contempt for her uncle. When Wei Wucai turned to leave, she hurriedly called out to him. The puzzled look on his face was annoying. Wasn't it obvious she wanted to know the truth of him and Yan Zhiqing? "Don't worry, I'll pay for the meal," he said, rendering her speechless. He truthfully did not know any reason why he should explain anything, after all. Yan Zhiqing's lips twitched in laughter, knowing the reason. Having seen Luo Qingxuan's attitude earlier, there was no way she could let Wei Wucai fall into her hands.

20. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    2481-2485

2481 - But why haven't he say anything to end Luo Qingxuan's interest? Were his eyes that bad? She opened her mouth to say something but Wucai interrupted her and pulled her away. Of course, once outside, Yan Beicheng saw how his sister and Wei Wucai were hand-in-hand. "Hey, let go! What are you doing!" he pointed. Yan Zhiqing looked down and realized her hand had been enveloped by Wei Wucai's long fingers. She shook it off but her face burned. Wei Wucai stopped at the cashier. "Wait, in case Ms. Luo thinks I ran without paying," he said as he settled the bill quickly. Was he really that dense, Yan Zhiqing wondered. They left the hotel, and Yan Beicheng told the management to 'blacklist those who should be blacklisted'. Back at the room, Mr. Luo and the rest were in a quiet, embarrassed silence. Minutes passed uncomfortably until Mr. Luo exclaimed that Yan Zhiqing had been too much. Zhang roared as well, no endorsements for her! Edwood agreed, saying that Yan Zhiqing would never find work with their brand and their related international group of companies.

2482 - (literally half the chapter is about the importance of endorsements and being associated with a prestigious brand). Thus, it was easy for Luo and Zhang to agree with Edwood and Chandler to freeze out Yan Zhiqing. Besides, they were the key people for the Trubo international brand, even the 8 big families would have to seek them out for cooperation. The four men drank on merrily without a care, and Sheng Yue Hotel allowed them to do so. When it came time to pay the bill, Sheng Yue's General Manager arrived personally.

2483 - Once the bill was paid, the GM smilingly announced that they were blacklisted from Sheng Yue's premises: all their hotels, restaurants and bars will not entertain anyone from the Trubo company. Luo was indignant at the way the GM was being so polite and smiling in his words. They left in a huff, ridiculing the Yan family's retaliation as being petty, pointless revenge. They did not take it seriously. Later, Lu Xiuse demonstrated her sincerity to Edwood once more... Meanwhile, Yan Beicheng directly asked his sister and Wei Wucai about their relationship. When did you two get together?

2484 - After all, Wei Wucai was mostly in the Lanshan Courtyard, while Yan Zhiqing would be filming, when would they find the time to fall in love? Yan Zhiqing told her brother the truth: that Ms. Luo had treated Wucai with contempt and somehow misunderstood the two of them and Zhiqing decided to play along to take her down a peg. Wei Wucai felt the novelty of being defended by Yan Zhiqing, and could not help but suddenly notice her proud looks and strong will. Yan Beicheng wondered why she meddled in the first place. Zhiqing was also curious why Wucai allowed Ms. Luo to look down on him. Was he truly interested in her? Zhiqing apologized for causing the misunderstanding if that was the case. Wucai denied this, for Ms. Luo had already had her own ideas before the incident. The two of them shared a genial atmosphere and Yan Beicheng could not help but feel that he was being fed dogfood, especially since Wucai seemed to care about what Zhiqing thought. But there are some other important matters to do, he would have to find another time to ask for clarifications.

2485 - He thanked Wucai for protecting Zhiqing and offered to treat him a meal some other day. Wucai knew what he wanted and agreed. As he was leaving, Zhiqing thanked him again. He gave her a smile in return, and Yan Beicheng was a little stunned to see his sister blushing. Now that they were alone, Yan Beicheng called for a chauffeur for them and Mou Danqiong. In the car, Beicheng called Zhuoli and asked how many of Han Corp's artists were involved with Trubo. Yan Zhiqing was touched knowing that her brother was planning to take revenge for her. Once told about the story, Zhuoli immediately acted and promised to cut Trubo endorsements from his stars, and would also talk to other management companies who would give him face because Han Corp was the biggest theater and media conglomerate. Nobody would dare to refuse the 8 big families when they are working together.