Discussion RTS habits

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by canaria23, Aug 3, 2020.

1. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever I play an RTS I always ALWAYS build towers all the way to the enemy camp if I'm allowed unlimited towers. I don't even train military units, it's towers all the way.

What are your RTS habits?

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  2. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Warcraft III Tower Rush Flashbacks*

[​IMG]

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    building economy......
    basically defense playstyle~ upgrade tech there to the limit~ not bother attack, on LAN play this cat kinda da stockpile, cuz this cat is lazybum so too lazy play fast gameplay~

4. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    resources, creating,resource building to produce resource, create unit to loot resource and use them to upgrade my resource building
    rinse and repeat until i get defeated....

5. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    hero must get all the exp in guerrilla ops while i turtle defense my base until i can cap pop with troop and then all out attack

6. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    @RTS I believe this is your thread :p

7. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Economy boost safeguarded by towers and walls to outlive the enemy in the war of attrition.

If in team match. I simply eco boost and send all to the friendly who will then build the army to safeguard me who is building the wonder (age of mythology winning condition)

8. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Build towers and not attacking the enemy till the army cap is full. Usually do this a lot in battle realms

9. Tennou

Tennou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Built 2 base with the main as resource/special terrain troop hidden and the 2nd as a diversion/troop base.
    Making my enemy feels like playing Mario, you know that "Congratulations! Oh but the princess is in another castle~"
    It's also for creating a proper reinforcement in case one of them got attacked.
    .....do that and hope my enemy also like to play slow.

10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a turtler-morphs-into-late-game-steamroller type of RTS player though i dont play RTSs online anymore (and havent for years) because most people just tend to YOLO spam rush which i feel kills the classic 'thinking' feel of RTSs. I pretty much only play against AIs because i can actually strategize and play around with different plans.

I also prefer playing big player count matches on the biggest maps available because i like playing long seesaw battles across entire maps. CoH and SoaSE are both great for that.

canaria23 likes this.
  11. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Back when I was a kid, I would focus more on building up my armies and going to the nearest gold mines alongside with my Hero units to clear out and move my Peasants to build a town around it and rush out more units before building up my main buse and upgrading my buildings. Also, I would send out some scout units to map and scout out player bases and more gold mines/resources this habit also carries on to my first Grand Strategy Game which is CK2 though I am more focused on economy at that time and such I am slowly learning how to manage my offense(army), defenses(defense structures/forts/walls/etc), economy(cash/gold/trades), and a lot more. Though I would always go Zerg Rush once I've got a lot of cheap units to put pressure on my enemies while I am building up mid - top tier quality units, building more resource gatherings sites, and slowly trying to sabotage their defenses whilst attacking.

I would have at least 3 - 4 units that could easily break defensive buildings/walls/towers when I am doing it so I can at least lessen the pressure once I start to go on an offensive.