Spoiler The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy...thread

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Silentstorm, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers :)

2. kabosu

kabosu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i cant remember his name but the guy from the start does he ever get reunited with his mom?
    thats the thing i care the most about in this story right now

3. smt-acc

smt-acc Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain what is up with Gilbert? The king's advisor. What is his role? Feels like he has something against Prude, but why?

4. sareenmomo

sareenmomo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Send the mother to Dr. Phil!!! -_-

5. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this is a really big spoiler and what killed the series for me. Read at your own risk
    After she has pretty much completely rehabilitated herself and even mended fences with her 'mom' she goes nuts and evil staging a rebellion to take over the kingdom that will be hers anyway. Admittedly thats from MTL so may have missed something, but it's just a flip the table moment. That was where the novel hit too much stupid and lazy writing for me

minimoni, syofiaa, Zeref_96 and 10 others like this.
  6. DarkeAOU

DarkeAOU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, if it helps at all, that story arc did have a justified explanation for this happening.

This psychotic warmonger prince (he's the crown Prince of an evil empire, and has major big bad vibes, obviously) becomes obsessed with Pryde after certain events from previous story arcs. He happens to have the ability to control others by touching them, and of course, he got his hands all over Pryde. His powers only work once per person, and it's possible for a person to resist/break through the mind control--it happened to another character--but since Pryde is the type who believes that her fate as the villainess is inescapable, she doesn't fight it and sees the mind control as the story reasserting itself to force her back into her original role. And since the game ends happily once the villainess is defeated...she spends quite a lot of time begging Stayle, Arthur and Tiara to kill her (in order to save the country). The final battle even occurs at the same place game!Pryde dies.

Once this story arc is resolved with the "true end" being broken once and for all, Pryde is finally released from the chains of the "villainess." As far as I know, anyway (haven't got very far past this part yet--the next story arc covers events from the second game, so this one finished the "first game").

Actually, I'm a little impressed that Pryde is still heir apparent after all that (kinda expected her to get passed over for Tiara, not gonna lie).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  7. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what you mean, the setup leads you to believe that Gilbert's going to be the main antagonist. But it's all a red herring. He doesn't even really have anything against Pryde, he's just frustrated and Pryde's an easy target.

Gilbert's background is that he was a common street brat who fell in love with an ojousama from a noble family and eloped with her. She's basically his whole world, but then she got sick. She's basically dying; medicine can't help her. So he's devoting all his resources into finding someone with the ability to heal diseases. Healing injuries is fairly common, but healing diseases is so rare that it's basically folklore, on the same level as divine miracle. No one has it, no one knows anyone who does have it, in this country or anywhere else.

Anyway, Gilbert wrote this bill to register all people with special abilities, specifically to find someone who could cure diseases (though framed of course to provide military strength to the country). But the royal family has been blocking the bill for years, despite being his friends. His lady is in a coma now, she's got less than a year left to live, but the royal family bends to Pryde to let Stayle exchange letters with his mother? Even though it's against the law?

Obviously everything gets resolved satisfactorily and Pryde saves the day, but I'm still kind of with Stayle. Gilbert deserves to be kicked. A lot.

Funnily enough, after this, laying a hand on Stayle is almost as much of a berserk button to Gilbert as threatening Pryde. Gilbert actually really likes that Stayle holds him responsible for his actions against his savior, Pryde.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  8. AnnHime

AnnHime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, @DarkeAOU , @kawaii12345 , thank you very much for the spoilers :aww::aww::aww:

Please, if possible, someone could give spoilers about:
    - Certainly the queen never acted as a mother, she always acted like a queen :facepalm:, so much that she can't get involved with her daughter Pryde. What does change the relationship between them?
    - Has the novel finish? (Did I see right? 700 chapters? :eek:)
    - How does Pryde help Gilbert, since it's Tiara who has healing power?

bochucha and Mikaa like this.
  9. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    The main story seems to be finished at 693 (named) chapters (unofficially 877), but it's still ongoing. Hard to tell, because Pryde ended chapter 693 by invoking the next story arc, so. At the moment it's at 929 unofficial chapters, and they're still early into the middle school arc from the second game. (If you're curious, I'm only at 126/148 reading straight through; the brainwash arc happens in the 500s, so it looks like two real story arcs and a couple of fillers before I officially reach it. I've also only caught five or six chapters of the middle school arc. They're still in the "discussion before enrolling in secret" phase, so, still pretty early on.)

I haven't read the story arc Pryde and the Queen "make peace" in yet (I'm assuming it's the fiancé arc, where the third male lead, Leon, is introduced, since the engagement is the first time the Queen bothers with Pryde since infancy--cue Mother of the Year award). I only know the later stuff because I skimmed ahead looking for the Male Lead, but it looks like it hasn't been decided yet. Or maybe it has?
    The scene right before the coronation ceremony after the brainwashing arc have definite OT3 vibes with Pryde, Stayle and Arthur, which was like hello. Was very sexy, and for once, Pryde didn't attempt to handwave it away because they were supposed to be Tiara's love interests (like literally all their earlier attempts). It was kind of like, Leon who? We don't know him. Like, Stayle proposed to share Pryde with Arthur the day they met, and former fiancé Leon is barely a footnote in her life.

Anyway, the Gilbert arc.
    In the original timeline, "Pryde" made a deal/bet with Gilbert that she'd approve his bill and then he'd have five years to find someone with the ability that he was looking for to save Marianne (his wife), who could continue to remain in the castle and receive expert care in the meantime (that being something that the King/Queen set up when the lady first got sick).

Needless to say, Gilbert doesn't find that person, his wife dies on the designated day (from her illness), and "Pryde" uses the bill to force people with abilities into slavery contracts and sends them to war (literally massacre). The guilt becomes enough that Gilbert loses control of his ability to control his age, and he bounces between a child (his age when he met Marianne) and an ancient (the closest he can get to death), which is why Pryde doesn't recognize him in the current timeline, despite Gilbert being a (very chaste) love interest in-game.

Anyway, that deal happened immediately upon her coronation in the original timeline, and those five years are up...that day. So the minute Pryde remembers, she and Stayle interrupt Gilbert's usual human trafficking negotiations, and while Gilbert takes Stayle to Marianne's sickroom (since Stayle can only teleport to places he's been/seen), Pryde fetches Arthur.

Arthur, by the way, is the knight captain's son, who thought that he was unfit to join the knights because his ability is growing plants. However, there was a fluff scene in the game where this was revealed to be a misdiagnosis, and it turned out that Arthur healed the dying plants...by revitalizing them. Thereby removing their disease. Ironically, this memory wasn't even blocked; Pryde only didn't correct him because the reveal happened during an Arthur/Tiara date scene, and she wanted to preserve it as is. Gilbert could have told her at any point during those five years what he was looking for and why, and she would have told him, for nothing. But instead he was pushing for a very shady bill and making treasonous deals with human traffickers in between spreading malicious gossip about the heir to the throne.

And so Stayle gets Arthur to the lady in time and Pryde agrees to sweep Gilbert's treason under the rug in return for his lifetime service and loyalty to their country (and remember, he's basically immortal, so he's got to work as Prime Minister until the kingdom's collapse). By the by, was actual treason. He was selling state secrets and was willing to kill or deliver any member of the royal family to another country for the desired ability user.

Also, in the filler follow-up arc to this, he got Pryde and Arthur to name his and Marianne's baby girl. She names her "Stella" after Stayle and Tiara.

Tiara doesn't have healing power, by the way. She has "heroine" power. Meaning that she can "save" whichever target she's pursuing: in this case, Pryde. It's not her ability, though: she gets a different kind of foresight than Pryde and the Queen.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  10. AnnHime

AnnHime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much!!! And sorry for my english, this is not my first language...

11. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the translation isn't very far, but so far it doesn't seem like Pryde has used her ability, not even once?
    Like, in the game storyline she apparently gained a vision that caused her to pass out or something and that's how she found out about her sister? This of course changed to Pryde's past-life awakening. So does Pryde still have her pre-cognition, or was it replaced? Her mom apparently also lost the ability to see the Future when it comes to Pryde in particular.

Peerly likes this.
  12. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, good question. Thus far I haven't seen any signs of Pryde's precognition, per se, but virtually everyone but Pryde treats her memories of the game as precognition. Looking at it, I can see why--the finer details of those memories are "locked" until needed, and the timing of her memories returning is often very convenient. (Her remembering Gilbert's backstory was visually very similar to a vision, reinforcing this belief.)

The way that the story's playing out, even if Pryde does have flashes of precognition from now on, chances are that she'll dismiss it as mere memories of the game. She won't be able to definitively call it a vision until they move past the game's timeline. (And it'll probably send her into shock, to be honest.)

As for Pryde's mother, I think I remember her having another vision during the brainwashing arc. It's possible that the reason she has trouble predicting Pryde's future is because her visions show the original game storyline, and Pryde routinely breaks it. So she can only see the future when Pryde behaves like the "Pryde" from the game. (The Queen also specifically says that she cannot see Pryde's future; her precognition still works in relation to others.)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  13. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. That might be interesting; her visions of the future being replaced by visions warning of potential futures, or something. Much more flexible, and less prone to the defeatist attitude the queen apparently took where she just gave up on trying to change Pryde.
    Of course, Pryde herself still has that attitude specifically because she's convinced there's some kind of destiny or corrective power in this world or something.

14. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's kinda lonely for Pryde to deal all the shits alone. I'm really glad that her father didn't neglect her unlike her so called mother. She calls herself as her mother but she didn't even try to be a 'real' mother for Pryde. I understand her side that she didn't know how to approach Pryde as a mother but I think that's unreasonable for her to ignore Pryde all the time just because of that. I mean she's a MOTHER to Tiara but when it comes to Pryde, she just couldn't. She's holding herself back and ignore pryde just because she saw the shitty premonitions about Pryde?

She should be there for her Daughter. it's her fault too that's why Pryde became the villainess. She always claimed that she love pryde but.. dunno siz, she's selfish.

15. JPeach

JPeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I don’t really understand her mom’s decision to stay away. Wouldn’t it be a better idea to teach Pryde to be humble and gentle as a child? At least then for sure she’d be raised and loved properly.

16. CoweyBell

CoweyBell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RIGHT??? MY THOUGHTS TOO
    Like all the other characters who suddenly realized they're in a game, they do SOMETHING to change their fate
    What you know isn't the end of something. Life is a butterfly effect, your decision changes something.

SweetEstrella, Melita_H and layyu like this.
  17. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I remember reading (though it was one of the more confusing MTL sections), the Queen's parenting would have been dangerous no matter what. Because keep in mind that the King and Queen are an idiot couple. From what I read, the Queen absolutely adored Pryde from the day she was born because Pryde looked just like Pryde's father. She spoiled that girl absolutely rotten, Pryde could literally Do No Wrong in her eyes...and then one day the Queen had a vision of what Pryde would become, and just disappeared from her daughter's life with no explanation whatsoever. Because the Queen was afraid of making it worse, because Pryde is just too cute to raise responsibly, is apparently her excuse. (Guessing that Pryde would have been around two at the time? During or just before the Queen's pregnancy with Tiara.) She could exercise moderation raising Tiara because Tiara looks like the Queen, but in this situation being an idiot couple is like a debilitating disease. :facepalm:

Sigh. I hate the Queen so much. And there's no payoff in their relationship because the Queen spends like 98% of the story offscreen. Nine story arcs in and I still don't know what she's actually doing. Though come to think of it, we haven't even met her brother yet, and he should have made an appearance by now. I just know he's not the husband (given the known timeline). :hmm:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  18. kabocha_crisp

kabocha_crisp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We did meet the Queen's brother! In the manga, in chapter three, he's Uncle Vesto - although he's only seen briefly after Stayle becomes ill.

19. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yes. I remember him now. The one-note character who is literally never mentioned again. The Knight arc and the slavery arc made sense in a "don't tell my mother" kind of way, and Gilbert's arc was basically a clandestine adventure not even the knights knew about, but the brainwashing arc? The coronation? Even during those parliament sessions early in the series. Should have been there. Wasn't. Ditto to the actual game. As the regent, he should have taken charge of the kingdom until Pryde grew up. But he didn't? Unless he died with the Queen, there is literally no excuse. (I want to say that he died. Because a ten-year-old shouldn't be able to shove a seasoned politician aside like that.)

Peerly, Blablasimp and Laluna2021 like this.
  20. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind me; just turning this post into a Master List.

Manga Raws (Matsuura Bunko, discontinued)
    Manga Raws (Akiko Kawano, ongoing)
    Official Animation Website
    Q&A with the Author (4th)

Character List
    Freesia Kingdom (source: Freesia)
    Royal Family
    Rosa Royale Ivy.
    Official Name: Rosa Royal Ivy
    Anime Voice Actor: Kikuko Inoue
    Queen
    Has wavy golden hair and golden eyes. Met at 26 during the Family Arc, currently 37 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Precognition. Queen of the Freesia Kingdom. Died before the first game in the series.
    • Has no idea how to raise Pryde.

Albert Royale Ivy (birth name unknown).
    Official Name: Albert Royal Ivy
    Anime Voice Actor: Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Prince Consort
    Has red hair and purple eyes. Met at 29 during the Castle People Arc, currently 40 at the time of the Successor Arc. Prince Consort of the Freesia Kingdom. Died before the first game in the series.
    • Best friends with Gilbert.
    • Primary caregiver to Pryde.

Wes Royale Ivy (birth name unknown).
    Official Name: Vest Royal Ivy
    Anime Voice Actor:
    Regent
    Has blue hair and blue eyes. Met at 24 during the Brother Arc, currently 35 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Memory Erasure. Regent of the Freesia Kingdom. Imprisoned by "Pryde" before the first game in the series; was eventually freed and retired.
    • Married late and has a daughter and a son.
    • Keeps his special ability confidential.
    • Uses "Andrew" as an alias.

Pryde Royale Ivy.
    Official Name: Pride Royal Ivy, "Jeanne"
    Anime Voice Actor: Ai Fairouz
    Willful Princess, Heinous Princess, Worst Princess, Heretical Princess, Selfish Princess, Heartless Princess, Ruthless Princess, Incompetent Princess, Cruel Princess, Distrustful Princess, Atrocious Princess, Cowardly Princess, Dishonest Princess, Outrageous Princess, Mischievous Princess, Blasphemous Princess, Suspicious Princess, Causative Princess, Domineering Princess, Estranged Princess, Apathetic Princess, Isolated Princess, Proud Princess, Last Boss Queen, Retreating Princess, Reticent Princess, Repentant Princess, Unauthorized Princess, Discarded Princess, Anonymous Princess, Willful Princess, Ruined Girl, Controlling Girl, Nostalgic Princess, Modern Princess, Arbitrary Girl, Vengeful Princess, Self-Absorbed Girl, Messenger Girl, Tense Princess, Extravagant Princess, Opinionated Girl, Inattentive Girl, Witness Girl, etc
    Born June 14th. Has wavy crimson hair and purple eyes. 175cm in height. Reincarnated at 8 years old during the Castle People Arc, currently 19 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Precognition. First Princess of the Freesia Kingdom and Last Boss of the first game in the series.
    • Personal maids are Marie and Lotte.
    • Personal guard is Jack.
    • Hates "Pryde" the most.
    • Uses "Jeanne" as an alias.

Stayle Royale Ivy (birth name Stayle Lilya).
    Official Name: Stale Royal Ivy, "Phillip"
    Anime Voice Actor: Maaya Uchida
    Adopted Brother
    Born July 25th. Has black hair and black eyes, favors black-framed glasses. 178cm in height. Met at 8 years old during the Brother Arc, currently 17 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Teleportation. Adopted as the First Prince and future Regent of the Freesia Kingdom and a Capture Target in the first game of the series. One of Pryde's fiancé candidates.
    • Mother's name in Lynette.
    • In love with Pryde.
    • Best friends/training partners with Arthur.
    • Slowly starting to forgive Gilbert.
    • Wants to protect Powell.
    • Uses "Phillip" as an alias.

Tiara Royale Ivy.
    Official Name: Tiara Royal Ivy
    Anime Voice Actor: Haruka Tomatsu
    Younger Sister, Inheritor, Future Royal Sister
    Born February 14th. Has wavy golden hair and golden eyes. 161cm in height. Met at 7 years old during the Family Arc, currently 16 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Revelation. Second Princess of the Freesia Kingdom and the Heroine of the first game and recurring character throughout the series.
    • Personal maids are Chelsea and Curler.
    • Will absolutely protect Pryde.
    • Taught to throw knives by Val.
    • Tsundere over Cedric.
    Freesia Castle Staff
    Gilbert Butler.
    Official Name: Gilbert Butler, Gil
    Anime Voice Actor: Koji Yusa
    Sick Person, Prime Minister
    Born November 29th. Has light blue hair and light blue eyes. 179cm in height. Met at 24 years old during the Brother Arc, currently 35 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Age Manipulation. Chancellor of the Freesia Kingdom and hidden Capture Target in the first game of the series. Gilbert's route is the canon game route.
    • Married to Marianne.
    • Father of Stella and unborn child.
    • Best friends with Albert.
    • Feels eternally grateful to Pryde.
    • Uses "Gilles" as an alias.

Marie Cleland.
    Official Name: Mary
    Anime Voice Actor: Ayaka Shimizu
    Exclusive Maid
    Met during the Castle People Arc. Exclusive Maid to Pryde.

Lotte (full name unknown).
    Official Name: Lotte
    Anime Voice Actor: Emiri Suyama
    Maid
    Met during the Castle People Arc. Exclusive Maid to Pryde.

Jack Douglas.
    Official Name: Jack
    Anime Voice Actor: Yūya Hirose
    Met during the Castle People Arc. Guard to Pryde.
    • In love with Lotte.
    • Considers Pryde a younger sister.
    Freesia Knights
    There are ten separate divisions within the Knight Order, all with their own purpose.
    • 1st Division are vanguard. (Notable members: Knight Commander Roderick Beresford, Deputy Commander Clark Darwin, Knight Captain Alain Berners, Deputy Captain Eric Gilchrist)
    • 2nd Division reinforce the 1st Division.
    • 3rd Division are rearguard. (Notable members: Knight Captain Colm Bordeaux)
    • 4th Division reinforce the 3rd Division.
    • 5th Division are snipers.
    • 6th Division reinforce the 5th Division.
    • 7th Division are medics.
    • 8th Division are special forces. (Notable members: Knight Captain Arthur Beresford, Deputy Captain Harrison Dirk)
    • 9th Division are covert operatives.
    • 10th Division are transport and rescue.
    Roderick Beresford.
    Official Name: Roderick Beresford, the Unwounded Knight
    Anime Voice Actor: Hiroki Yasumoto
    Knight Commander
    Born November 11. Has silver hair and blue eyes. 196cm in height. Met at 29 years old during the Family Arc, currently 40 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Slash Invalidation. Knight Commander of the Freesia Kingdom, given the title "The Unscathed Knight." Died before the first game in the series.
    • Married to Clarissa.
    • Arthur's father.
    • Best friends with Clark.
    • Provides adult supervision to Pryde.

Clark Darwin.
    Official Name: Clark
    Anime Voice Actor: Toshihiko Seki
    Vice Commander
    Born September 20. Has blond hair and silver eyes. Met at 31 years old during the Knights Arc, currently 38 at the time of the Successor Arc. 180cm in height. Special ability person of Water Evaporation. Deputy Commander of the Freesia Kingdom. Died before the first game in the series.
    • Mother's name is Diana.
    • Married to Olivia and has an younger sister (Nell).
    • Best friends with Roderick.
    • Keeps Harrison in line.

Alain Berners.
    Official Name: Alan Berners
    Anime Voice Actor: Hiro Shimono
    Knight, Knight Captain
    Born October 10th. Has golden brown hair and orange eyes. 186cm in height. Met at 21 years old during the Knights Arc, currently 28 at the time of the Successor Arc. Pryde's guardian knight and 1st Division Knight Captain of the Freesia Kingdom. Died before the first game in the series.
    • Has a huge family with more than ten siblings.
    • First love is with Pryde.
    • Friends with Colm and Eric.

Eric Gilchrist.
    Official Name: Eric Gilchrist
    Anime Voice Actor: Takuma Nagatsuka
    Knight, Vice Captain, First Division Vice Captain
    Born December 9th. Has maroon red hair and maroon red eyes. 177cm in height. Met at 18 years old during the Knights Arc, currently 25 at the time of the Successor Arc. Pryde's guardian knight and 1st Division Knight Deputy Captain of the Freesia Kingdom. Died before the first game in the series.
    • Has two younger brothers (Robert, Keith).
    • Greatly respects Alain.
    • Treasures crimson handgun given by Pryde.

Colm Bordeaux.
    Official Name: Callum Bordeaux
    Anime Voice Actor: Daisuke Ono
    Knight, Knight Captain
    Born January 10th. Has red hair and reddish brown eyes. 185.5cm in height. Met at 21 years old during the Knights Arc, currently 28 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Super Strength. Pryde's guardian knight and 3rd Division Knight Captain of the Freesia Kingdom. Died before the first game in the series. One of Pryde's fiancé candidates.
    • Pressured by parents to marry Pryde.
    • Older brother (Vincent) is heir to family title.
    • Friends with Alain.

Arthur Beresford.
    Official Name: Arthur Beresford
    Anime Voice Actor: Junya Enoki
    Future Knight, Knight
    Born August 27th. Has silver hair and blue eyes. 185cm in height. Met at 13 years old during the Knights Arc, currently 20 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Healing Illness (self-proclaimed Plant Energizing). Pryde's guardian knight and 8th Division Knight Captain of the Freesia Kingdom and a Capture Target in the first game of the series. Inherited the legendary title of "Paladin." One of Pryde's fiancé candidates.
    • Idolized his father Roderick from childhood.
    • In love with Pryde (doesn't realize for years).
    • Best friends/training partners with Stayle.
    • Loves all the knights, but especially Colm.
    • Uses "Jack" as an alias.

Harrison Dirk.
    Official Name:
    Anime Voice Actor:
    Unsuited Person
    Born October 30th. Has black hair and purple eyes. 178cm in height. Met at 27 years old during the Alliance Negotiation Arc, currently 28 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Super Speed. Pryde's reserve guardian knight and 8th Division Knight Deputy Captain of the Freesia Kingdom. Died before the first game in the series.
    • Respects/Listens to Clark > Roderick >> Pryde > Arthur >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stayle and the knights whose abilities he respects >>>>> Cedric.
    • Was inducted into the knights by Clark.
    • Is grateful to Pryde for saving Roderick.
    • Thinks Arthur is the cutest.

Norman Gale.
    Eighth Division Knight
    Born February 2. Has dandelion-colored hair and light blue eyes, favors round glasses. Met at 16/17 years old during the School Arc. 8th Division Knight of the Freesia Kingdom. Died before the second game in the series.
    • Has a younger brother (Brad) and sister (Layla).
    • Greatly admires Arthur (but is a tsundere).
    Freesia Kingdom Citizens
    Val (full name unknown).
    Official Name: Val
    Anime Voice Actor: Junichi Suwabe
    Sinner, Delivery Person
    Born September 4th (celebrates October 26th). Has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, and dark skin. 188cm in height. Met at 18 years old during the Knights Arc, currently 25 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Earth Wall. Convicted sinner and delivery person of the Freesia Kingdom and a mid-game boss who died in the first game in the series. Signed a slavery contract to Pryde.
    • Mother's name is Aglaia (forgot his father's name).
    • Family with Sefek and Kemet.
    • In love with Pryde (doesn't know it yet).
    • Drinking buddies (friends) with Leon.
    • Taught Tiara and Kemet throwing knives.
    • Still wants to hit Cedric.
    • Really hates Wes.

Sefek (birth name unknown).
    Official Name: Sefekh
    Anime Voice Actor: M.A.O.
    Seven
    Celebrates birthday October 27th. Has brown hair. Met at 11 years old during the Sinner Arc, currently 14 years old at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Water Production. Delivery person assistant of the Freesia Kingdom. Originally born to the Bastier family. Died before the first game in the series.
    • Escaped from her birth family.
    • Family with Val and Kemet.
    • First love with Val.
    • Friends with Tiara.

Kemet (birth name unknown).
    Official Name: Khemet
    Anime Voice Actor: Shizuka Ishigami
    Three
    Celebrates birthday October 27th. Has black hair. Met at 7 years old during the Sinner Arc, currently 10 years old at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Ability Enhancement. Delivery person assistant of the Freesia Kingdom. Died before the first game in the series.
    • Family with Val and Sefek.
    • Greatly respects Val as a protector.
    • Friends with Tiara.

Bale Rutherford.
    Official Name:
    Anime Voice Actor: Kazuki Kyan
    Shopkeeper
    Met during the Sick Person Arc.
    • Terrified of Gilbert.

Marianne Edwards Butler.
    Official Name: Marianne Edwards Butler, Maria
    Anime Voice Actor: Reina Ueda
    Has light pink hair and light pink eyes. Met at 27 years old during the Sick Person Arc, currently 32 at the time of the Successor Arc. Died before the first game in the series.
    • Born to a Count family.
    • Has two older sisters (Annie, Mary).
    • Married to Gilbert.
    • Mother of Stella and unborn child.
    • Friends with Rosa.

Philip Efron
    Elder Brother
    Official Name: Phillip
    Has brick red hair and vermilion eyes. Met at 18 years old during the Devil Arc. Special ability person of Shapeshifting. Older brother of the second game Heroine who disappeared before the second game in the series.
    • Raised his younger sister (Amulet)
    • Adopted Powell as a younger brother.
    • Childhood friends with Stayle.
    • Opposes Amulet working in palace.

Lyre
    (full name unknown).
    Lying Man
    Born April 1. Has blue hair (half dyed black) and dark red eyes. Met at 25 during the Rebellion Arc. Special ability person of Fire. Formerly a special ability slave of the Rajah Empire, appears at the end of Ray's route in the second game.
    • Mistook Ray for a girl in the past.
    • Nearly killed Alain during Rebellion Arc.
    • Had memory erased by Wes.
    • Temporarily used the name "Thomas" after losing his memory.

Brad Gale
    Knight's Son
    Has persimmon-colored hair and light blue eyes. Met at 14 years old during the Black Sheep Arc. Special ability person of Diffusion. Capture Target in the second game of the series.
    • Has an older brother (Norman) and a younger sister (Layla).
    • Works at Clarissa's small restaurant.

Gracile (full name unknown).
    Has blue-green hair and dark green eyes. Met at 15 years old in the School Arc. The Last Boss of the second game in the series.
    • Child from the slums.
    • Habitually tricks good children into slavery.
    Freesia Kingdom Proudest Students and Staff
    Nell Darwin.
    Embroiderer
    Has golden hair. Met at 25 years old during the Brothers Arc. Minor character in the second game in the series.
    • Has an older brother (Clark).
    • Former handicrafts teacher at Proudest.
    • Dream is to own a lace business.
    • Lives with Helen, Dios and Curi.

Lynette Lilya
    Anime Voice Actor:
    Has black hair and black eyes. Met during the Tribute Arc. The dorm mother of Proudest's women's dorm. Died before the first game in the series.
    • Mother of Stayle.
    • Primary caregiver to Powell.

Amulet Efron.
    Born April 25. Has brown hair and vermilion eyes. Met at 14 years old during the School Arc. Special ability unknown. Heroine of the second game in the series.
    • Raised by her older brother Phillip.
    • Wants a job in the palace to support the people.

Helen Farnum. (source: Helen of Troy)
    Older Sister
    Born June 21. Has white hair and warm grey eyes. Met at 17 years old during the School Arc. Secondary character in the second game of the series.
    • Has two younger brothers (Dios and Curi)
    • Ruined health working to support family.

Dios Farnum. (source: Castor and Pollux)
    Brothers, Top Student
    Born September 21. Has white hair and leaf-green eyes. 163cm in height. Met at 14 years old during the School Arc. Special ability person of Synchronization. Hidden Capture Target in the second game of the series.
    • Has an older sister (Helen) and a twin brother (Curi).
    • First love with "Jeanne" (Pryde's alias)
    • Idolizes Cedric.

Curi Farnum. (source: Castor and Pollux)
    Brothers, Second-Place Student
    Born September 21. Has white hair and leaf-green eyes. 163cm in height. Met at 14 years old during the School Arc. Secondary character in the second game of the series.
    • Has an older sister (Helen) and a twin brother (Dios)
    • First love with Pryde (not "Jeanne")
    • Idolizes Cedric.

Nate Franklin.
    Slacker, Inventor
    Born January 17. Has blond hair and fox-colored eyes. Met at 13 years old in the Student Life Arc. Special ability person of Invention. Capture Target in the second game of the series.

Ray Cullen.
    Former Son, Baron's Son
    Born March 3. Has jade green hair and lapis lazuli-colored eyes, wears a mask over the left side of his face to cover facial burn scars. Met at 14 in the Brothers Arc. Special ability person of Black Flame. Capture Target in the second game of the series.
    • Marquis Justin Anchorson named him his illegitimate son.
    • Searching for his benefactor, Lyre.
    • Dyed half his hair black after being reunited with Lyre.

Layla Gale.
    Has persimmon-colored hair. Met at 9 years old during the School Arc, currently 10 years old at the time of the Black Sheep Arc. Died before the second game in the series.
    • Has two older brothers (Norman and Brad).
    • Dislikes the Knight Order (especially Arthur).
    • Stays in the school dorms.

Gracile (full name unknown).
    Has blue-green hair and dark green eyes. Met at 15 years old in the School Arc. The Last Boss of the second game in the series.
    • Child from the slums.
    • Habitually tricks good children into slavery.

Powell Haywood.
    Exiled Boy
    Official Name: Powell
    Anime Voice Actor: Yuma Uchida
    Born July 3. Has golden hair and sky blue eyes. Met at 14 years old during the Sinner Arc, currently 17 years old at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Electricity Manipulation. Capture Target in the third game of the series.
    • Rescued from slavers by Stayle.
    • Adopted by Phillip and Amulet.
    • Lives in Lynette (Stayle's mother)'s house.
    • Wants a job in the palace.

Anemone Kingdom (source: Poppy Anemone, genus name Anemone Coronaria)
    Royal Family
    Leon Adonis Coronaria.
    Official Name: Leon Adonis Coronaria
    Anime Voice Actor:
    Fiancé, Trader Prince
    Born April 17th. Has blue hair and jade green eyes. 181cm in height. Met at 17 years old during the Fiancé Arc, currently 20 years old at the time of the Successor Arc. First Prince of the Anemone Kingdom and Capture Target in the first game of the series.
    • Betrayed by his two brothers (Homer and Erwin).
    • Dissolved engagement with Pryde but still loves her.
    • Drinking buddies (friends) with Val.
    • Ruined the Bastier family as a favor to Val and Sefek.

United Kingdom of Hanazuo (source: Chinese Redbud, genus name Cersis Chinensis)
    Cersis Royal Family
    Lance Silva Lowell.
    Official Name: Lance Silva Lowell
    Anime Voice Actor:
    Golden King
    Has golden hair and fire-red eyes. Met at 22 years old during the Alliance Negotiation Arc, currently 23 at the time of the Successor Arc. King of the Cersis Kingdom. Driven insane before the first game in the series; cured during the Cedric route.
    • Older brother of Cedric.
    • Shares a brotherly relationship with Joan.
    • In love with Pryde
    • Formerly one of Tiara's fiancé candidates.

Cedric Silva Lowell.
    Official Name: Cedric Silva Lowell
    Anime Voice Actor:
    Negotiator Prince, Second Prince, Younger Brother
    Born August 9th. Has golden hair and red eyes. 183cm in height. Met at 17 years old during the Alliance Negotiation Arc, currently 18 at the time of the Successor Arc. Second Prince of the Cersis Kingdom and Capture Target in the first game of the series. One of Tiara's fiancé candidates.
    • Younger brother of Lance.
    • Shares a brotherly relationship with Joan.
    • Has a worshipful relationship with Pryde.
    • In love with Tiara.
    • Deeply regrets everything he did in Freesia.
    Chinensis Royal Family
    Joan Linne Dwight.
    Official Name: Yohan Linne Dwight
    Anime Voice Actor:
    Platinum King
    Born July 16. Has white hair and golden eyes, favors fine-rimmed glasses. Met at 21 years old during the Alliance Negotiation Arc, currently 22 at the time of the Successor Arc. King of the Chinensis Kingdom. Minor character in the first game of the series.
    • Shares a brotherly relationship with Lance and Cedric.
    • In love with Pryde.
    • Formerly one of Tiara's fiancé candidates.

Rajah Empire (source: Nepenthes Rajah)
    Official Name: Rajah Empire (formerly mistranslated as Razia Empire)
    Former Freesia Citizens
    Adam Borneo Nepenthes (real name unknown).
    Official Name: Adam
    Anime Voice Actor: Nobuhiko Okamoto
    Crown Prince
    Celebrates birthday April 9. Has purple hair and blood red eyes. Met at 19 years old during the Sinner Arc, currently 23 at the time of the Successor Arc. Special ability person of Madness. Crown Prince of the Rajah Empire and mid-game boss who escaped in the first game of the series.
    • Replaced the Rajah Emperor's firstborn son.
    • Considers Pryde his masterpiece.

Tippett Sethos (real name unknown).
    Official Name: Teepet
    Met during the Sinner Arc. Special ability person of Transparency. Concubine of the Crown Prince of the Rajah Empire and Heroine of an unknown game in the series.
    • Adopted by a nobleman in the Rajah Empire.

Story Arc Summaries
    Part One

Light Novel Volume One
    01 Castle People Arc
    The Selfish Princess Awakens
    (novel chapters 1-4) (manga chapters 1)
    Pryde becomes aware of being reincarnated as the Last Boss moments before her father can die in a carriage accident.

02 Brother Arc
    The Wicked Princess and the Adopted Brother-in-Law
    (novel chapters 5-14) (manga chapters 2-4)
    Stayle is adopted as Pryde's younger brother and advisor/second in command. Stayle works to support Pryde as the future monarch after becoming aware of the rumors surrounding her.

03 Family Arc
    The Heinous Princess and Her Family
    (novel chapters 15-18.1) (manga chapters 5)
    Tiara makes her social debut, where Pryde is named heir apparent by the Queen. The Queen regrets neglecting Pryde (as she should).
    (Rosa scenes)

04 Knights Arc
    The Evil Princess and the Order of Knights
    (novel chapters 19-39) (manga chapters 6-9)
    Pryde learns of an attack on a diplomatic mission during an inspection and manages to avoid disaster with Stayle's help. Arthur is introduced and receives Pryde's support to become a future Knight. Stayle recruits Arthur as a training partner.
    (Stayle and Arthur scenes)

05 Accused Arc - Filler
    The Selfish Princess and the Trial
    (novel chapters 40-43) (manga chapters 10)
    Pryde is called upon to judge the crimes of Val as a prisoner captured during the attack from the previous arc. Val is bound to a slavery contract that prohibits law-breaking and acts of violence, in addition to an order to protect Tiara in times of need. Gilbert acknowledges Pryde as more than a spoiled girl and stops spreading rumors about her.

Light Novel Volume Two
    06 Sword Arc - Filler
    Reunion with the Heartless Princess
    (novel chapters 44-50.2) (manga chapters 11)
    Arthur is knighted at an accelerated rate thanks to Stayle's recommendation. Gilbert questions Arthur about known ability-users during the graduation party.
    (Stayle and Arthur scenes) (Assorted scenes)

07 *Sick Person Arc
    The Cold-hearted Queen and the Quitter
    (novel chapters 51-69) (manga chapters 11-17)
    Gilbert passes a bill to register all ability-users in the kingdom in order to find a cure for his dying wife. Pryde locates the needed ability-user and saves her, earning Gilbert's loyalty.
    *Referred to earlier as the Gilbert Arc.

08 House Party Arc - Filler
    The Insolent Princess and the Challenge
    (novel chapters 70-77) (manga chapters 17)
    Gilbert and Marianne move out of the castle now that Marianne's health has improved. The King suspects Gilbert's "mysterious benefactor" (read: Pryde) of having ulterior motives. Pryde discovers her Last Boss cheat doesn't carry over to cooking, and that her skill has actually regressed between lives.

09 Sinner Arc
    The Cruel Princess and the Criminal
    (novel chapters 78-127.3) (manga chapters 17-ongoing)
    Pryde and Arthur name Gilbert's baby. Val comes to beg for help in order to rescue a pair of street kids he's attached to, who were abducted by child traffickers targeting ability-users. Tiara awakens to her precognition, but thinks it's a nightmare. Gilbert uses his age-regression ability to sneak Pryde, Stayle, Arthur and Val (and himself) into the slave pens and shut the operation down, saving all the captured kids, and earning Val's loyalty. Pryde gives Val and the kids further stability by providing them a job as the first international courier service.
    (Stayle and Arthur scenes) (Val scenes) (Assorted scenes)

LN Addition: The Destructive Princess and the Proposition
    *Is actually the conclusion chapters from the Sinner Arc.

Light Novel Volume Three
    10 Fiancé Arc
    The Tyrannical Princess and the Fiancé
    (novel chapters 128-166.1)
    Stayle and Arthur are jealous and concerned when Pryde's engagement with Leon is decided. Pryde attempts to solve Leon's poor reputation on her own, but eventually she recruits help to save Leon before the situation can escalate to public disgrace and exile. The engagement is cancelled, but the alliance between countries is stronger than ever.
    (Rosa scenes) (Stayle and Arthur scenes) (Val scenes)

LN Addition: The Tyrannical Princess and the Secret
    The Tyrannical Princess and the Mission
    The Tyrannical Princess and the Mistake

* Actually the rest of the Fiancé Arc.

11 Small Party Arc - Filler
    The Dishonest Princess and the Small Party
    (novel chapters 167-173.1)
    Pryde throws a party at Gilbert's mansion and introduces her friends and family to Japanese food and sweets, with Tiara's help.

Light Novel Volume Four
    12 Alliance Negotiation Arc
    The Heartless Princess and the Alliance Negotiations
    (novel chapters 174-236)
    Arthur is promoted and becomes the youngest Deputy Captain in history. Pryde is finally able to meet the representative of the United Kingdom of Hanazuo, Cedric, and negotiate an alliance with Freesia. Cedric creates many misunderstandings but gains a valuable ally in Pryde, who raises an army to protect Hanazuo.

LN Addition: The Wicked Princess and the Second-Born Prince
    The Wicked Princess and the United Hanazuo Kingdom

* Actually the rest of the Alliance Negotiation Arc.

Light Novel Volume Five
    13 War Arc
    (novel chapters 237-344)
    The allied kingdoms fight to drive the invading force out of Hanazuo. Pryde's legs are broken while evacuating the injured from a collapsing castle wing, and Tiara and Cedric take her place leading the knights. The Queen signs a peace treaty between the Rajah Empire and Freesia, and sends Adam back disappointed at being unable to meet Pryde or Tiara.

14 Rest Arc - Filler
    (novel chapters 345-349.2)
    Colm and Alain's position as Pryde's guardian knights is temporarily suspended as penance for Pryde's injury. Arthur is offered a promotion to Captain of the Eighth Knight Corps for his performance during the War in Hanazuo. Leon takes Pryde and Tiara sightseeing in Anemone.
    (Harrison scenes)

15 Celebration Arc - Filler
    (novel chapters 350-367.2)
    The royal delegation from Hanazuo come to Freesia to attend the upcoming celebration. Arthur and Stayle are suspicious of Cedric's attempts to make up for his previous behavior. Pryde is finally able to revenge herself against Cedric and celebrate Arthur's promotion with her cooking.
    (Stayle and Arthur scenes) (Val scenes) (Harrison scenes)

16 Birthday Festival Arc
    (novel chapters 368-390.1)
    Pryde attends her eighteenth birthday celebration with Stayle and Tiara. The Queen announces a new fiancé candidate system (to avoid a broken engagement situation like in the Fiancé Arc), and reveals that Pryde and Tiara have already selected three fiancé candidates for themselves. Pryde receives a large delivery of rare roses from Leon for a garden. Val takes revenge against Cedric for Pryde's eaten cooking. Gilbert investigates a change in Val's special ability. Stayle and Arthur speculate about Pryde and Tiara's fiancé candidates at Stayle's seventeenth birthday festival.
    (Stayle and Arthur scenes) (Val scenes)

17 Unknown Story Arc - Filler
    (novel chapters 391-407)
    Val takes a vacation from the delivery business. Val encounters Sefek's relatives for the first time. Gilbert and Stayle crush a corrupt aristocratic family. Cedric asks Tiara to take him as a fiancé candidate. Arthur invites Harrison to join Pryde's guardian knights.
    (Assorted scenes)

18 Happy Ending Arc - beginning of "brainwash arc"
    (novel chapters 408-429)
    Tiara incorporates a dance party into her birthday celebration and she, Stayle and Pryde dance with all of the guests. Adam targets Pryde with his special ability during the Queen's speech and Pryde falls into a coma. Tiara and Pryde's guardian knights hold a vigil waiting for Pryde to wake up, while Leon and the King search for the cause of the illness and Gilbert and Cedric investigate those on the celebration guest list. Gilbert and Stayle prevent Adam from leaving Freesia and invite him to stay an additional three days to "dispell any rumors about the Rajah Empire poisoning Pryde." Pryde wakes up changed.

19 Villain Arc
    (novel chapters 430-524)
    Pryde is confined to her room and denied visitors, and a gag order is placed on her condition. Stayle orders a temporary dismissal of Pryde's guardian knights to limit her pool of potential victims. Adam raises an army in preparation to invade Freesia. Pryde accuses Cedric of attempted assassination and has him arrested. Stayle evacuates Val, Kemet and Sefek to Anemone to protect them from Pryde, and Pryde is transferred to the isolation tower. Pryde is restrained and placed into an extended coma to prevent self-harm. Adam attempts to leverage an engagement with Pryde in return for a cure and is arrested. Adam escapes confinement and helps to free Pryde from the isolation tower. Arthur's knighthood is suspended for purposefully injuring Pryde while preventing her escape. Stayle forcefully sends Tiara to Hanazuo to protect her from Pryde. Adam and his men ambush Arthur while freeing Pryde and sever Arthur's sword arm before leaving him for dead. Adam uses his special ability to drive the Queen, King, and Uncle Wes insane so that Pryde can take over Freesia. Stayle raises an army to reclaim Freesia and leads them to rescue the Queen, King and Uncle Wes while Gilbert evacuates the civilians. The Rajah Empire's army attack the gate. Tiara and Cedric join the Anemone army to rescue Pryde.
    (Rosa scenes) (Val scenes) (Assorted scenes 1) (Assorted scenes 2)

20 Rebellion Arc - end of "brainwash arc"
    (novel chapters 525-580)
    The Anemone army arrives to reinforce Freesia and prevent the Rajah army's invasion. Val buries the invading army underground. The knights capture the Rajah Empire's special ability combat slaves. Val and Kemet help restore Arthur to his previous form and return him to the knights. Leon is defeated by Pryde, but is evacuated by Val before Leon can be killed. Harrison captures the Rajah general. Arthur cures those affected by Adam's special ability. The knights capture Adam. Tiara releases Pryde from Adam's brainwashing. Pryde reports to the Queen and visits Leon and Val at their hospital beds.
    (Rosa scenes) (Val scenes)

21 Castle Arc - Filler
    (novel chapters 581-587)
    Tippett rescues Adam from the collapsed tower. Val plays a prank on Pryde and Leon. Val receives an award for his service. Gilbert interrogates Pryde over her association with Adam while brainwashed.
    (Val scenes)

22 Heir to the Throne Arc - Filler (90% flashback episode)
    (novel chapters 588-617.1)
    Tiara rejects Cedric's proposal. The Queen weighs Pryde and Tiara's suitability for the throne. Cedric negotiates to keep Tiara in Freesia.

23 War's End Arc
    (novel chapters 618-637.6)
    Pryde reports her precognitive achievements to the Queen for consideration. The Rajah Empire pays penalties for the broken peace treaty. Arthur reconnects with the other knights. The Queen honors Arthur, Leon and Cedric for their contributions to the war with the Rajah Empire.
    (Rosa scenes) (Val scenes)

24 Celebration Arc
    (novel chapters 638-666)
    Pryde dances at the celebration (dance partners: Stayle, Leon, Cedric, Knight Commander Roderick, Guardsman Jack, and Arthur). The Queen formally announces Tiara's special ability and grants Tiara a position to continue to support Pryde. Pryde attends a less formal after-party arranged by Stayle and Tiara and dances until collapse (dance partners: Captain Alain, Arthur, Captain Colm, Deputy Captain Eric, Deputy Captain Harrison, Val, more than a dozen unnamed knights, Stayle, and then Leon, followed by more knights, RIP Pryde's feet). The after-party continues til dawn.
    (Val scenes)

25 License Confusion Arc - Filler
    (novel chapters 667-672.1)
    The Queen encourages Pryde and Tiara to reconsider fiancé candidates given the change in circumstances. Pryde reveals the names of her fiancé candidates. Arthur has a long talk with Knight Commander Roderick about keeping secrets.

26 *Resolution Arc - Filler
    (novel chapters 673-685.1)
    Pryde and Leon go sightseeing in Anemone to reassure the people. Val repairs the secret passage in the Queen's chambers that was damaged during the brainwash arc. Colm, Alain and Harrison renew their vows to Pryde. Cedric has a practice match with the knights. Tiara, Stayle and Arthur celebrate Pryde's birthday.
    (Val scenes)
    *Referred to earlier as the Body Arc.

27 Successor Arc - Filler
    (novel chapters 686-693)
    Pryde is finally able to officially announce the two projects she's been spearheading since the Sinner Arc (four years ago), the school system, and the international postal service, at her birthday celebration. Pryde has a revelation about the school and the possibility that Adam and Tippett are still alive. Val delivers another shipment of roses from Leon. Pryde officially welcomes Kemet and Sefek as students of the newly created school. Pryde announces her intention to attend the school and prevent the tragedy of the next game.
    (Val scenes)

Part Two
    28 Preparation Arc
    (novel chapters 01-11.1)
    Pryde persuades the Queen to let her infiltrate the school incognito. Stayle and Gilbert recruit a school infiltration force. Pryde attends the school enrollment ceremony. Pryde, Stayle and Arthur prepare for infiltration.
    (Val scenes)

29 School Arc
    (novel chapters 12-25)
    Pryde scolds Val for being a problem student. Stayle reunites with Powell for the first time since the Sinner Arc. Pryde, Stayle and Arthur sit a placement exam. Stayle meets a lot of familiar faces.
    (Val scenes)

30 *Brothers Arc
    (novel chapters 26-113.1)
    Pryde holds a strategy meeting on how to prevent three siblings' tragedy. Pryde threatens Curi into taking a job. Pryde causes a lot of problems and misunderstandings trying to keep her cover. Pryde stops Dios and Curi from abusing Dios' special ability. Pryde and Stayle tutor Dios and Curi for the upcoming scholarship exam. Val collects rumors about Pryde. Gilbert takes Dios and Curi under his wing. Pryde is taken hostage to prevent her from taking the scholarship exam. Dios and Curi pass the exam and become scholarship students.
    (Val scenes)
    *Called this for simplicity. Originally named "Kyodai Arc"

31 Student Life Arc
    (novel chapters 114-145)
    Pryde tutors Amulet on the questions she couldn't answer from the exam. Leon and Tiara tour the school. Pryde receives a report. Val repairs the Farnum siblings' home. Cedric offers Dios and Curi a job after graduation.

32 Ceremony Arc - Filler
    (novel chapters 146-154.2)
    Pryde, Tiara and Arthur give Stayle birthday presents. They attend Stayle's birthday celebration in the palace.

33 *Slacker Arc
    (novel chapters 155-237)
    Dios and Curi help Pryde tutor Amulet. Arthur's athleticism gains him popularity among the male students. Pryde and Arthur are introduced to Amulet's brother, Phillip, while Stayle hides in Cedric's carriage. Stayle and Gilbert receive reports about child trafficking originating in Proudest. Pryde asks Leon for help to save the next capture target, Nate Franklin. Pryde threatens Nate into becoming "friends" with her. Val digs a pit to catch the troublemaker students inside Proudest. Pryde hires Nate to create something with his invention special ability. Curi lends Nate his dorm room to invent in, while Colm oversees his work. Pryde reveals Nate as a victim of home abuse, and Nate doesn't return to school the next day. Val takes Pryde to rescue Nate, and Colm arrests Nate's abusive uncle. Pryde skips home economics class and enlists Val to hide her. Nate delivers his invention to Pryde.
    (Val scenes)
    *Referred to earlier as the Devil/Devouring Demon Arc.

34 Direct Connection Arc - Filler
    (novel chapters 238-243.2)
    Queen Rosa has a vision of a person letting his fire special ability run wild until he is the only one left alive, and Regent Wes records the prediction. Pryde is depressed to find out that she has to take supplementary lessons for home economics with Amulet. Gilbert informs Pryde that the school chairman, Anchorson, will soon be brought before a jury. Val delivers a report that the troublemaking students he's been catching were actually criminals hired to enroll in Proudest in order to locate a person named Lyre, and their employer is the next capture target, Ray Karin.

35 Disappearance Arc
    (novel chapters 244-314.3)
    Pryde visits Ray at his mansion to offer her assistance in locating Lyre, but instead ignites his suspicion. Stayle and Gilbert drive Ray into a corner by imprisoning Anchorson, which cuts off Ray's funding. No longer able to pay for informants, Ray has no choice but to depend on Pryde's help to find Lyre. Ray spreads a rumor that Pryde is his lover to disguise their interactions. Pryde takes remedial sewing lessons with Amulet, and gets an idea about creating a lace business in the Freesia Kingdom. Gilbert identifies Lyre as one of the special ability slaves liberated from the Rajah Empire. Nate sells his inventions to Leon, who uses the trade negotiation to make Nate attend school seriously until graduation. Pryde takes Ray to meet Lyre, however Lyre only has memories of the past two months, and therefore does not remember Ray. Gilbert introduces Pryde to a special ability person who can restore Lyre's lost memories: her Uncle Wes. Once his memories return, Lyre is properly reunited with Ray.
    * Referred to earlier as the Ray Arc.

36 Reconciliation Arc
    (novel chapters 315-354)
    On the last day of the undercover inspection, Ray faces judgement for his crimes. Pryde visits Amulet's student dorm for girl talk and to discuss Phillip's upcoming birthday, and learns that Amulet has a crush on Powell. Pryde's handicrafts teacher Nell meets with Marie to display her lace work, and is brought to the palace to sign a business contract with Pryde. Nell informs Clark about the business contract, and Clark is chagrined to discover that Nell has developed an attraction to Harrison. After remembering details about the Last Boss of the second game, Pryde starts to look for her, unaware that Gracile is one of Kemet's school friends. Lyre sneaks into school to check on Ray, but is discovered by Val. After moving houses, Ray discovers that he is now neighbors with Dios and Curi.

37 Large Party Arc - Filler
    (novel chapters 355-363)
    Pryde attends Cedric's birthday celebration while advertising Nell's lacework, and receives numerous orders for her business. Pryde reassures Clark that Nell earned her support irregardless of being his sister. Following their traditions, Pryde, Stayle and Tiara give Cedric a gift as a group: a lamp in the shape of the flower he likes. Cedric holds Hanazuo's traditional dance, with Lance dancing with Rosa, Joan dancing with Pryde, and Cedric dancing with Tiara (they all switch partners afterwards, but it's only those six dancing). Tiara gives Cedric a personal gift, a flower crown.

38 Undercover Arc
    (novel chapters 364-390)
    Ray goes to meet his mother for the first time in eight years together with Lyre. Pryde meets Val and Sefek while visiting Leon in Anemone, and learns that Kemet makes fewer deliveries with them after making one friend at school. Gracile tries to ruin Kemet's relationship with Val by suggesting that Val is taking advantage of Kemet. However, when Gracile asks Kemet to abandon Val and Sefek and be hers instead, Kemet refuses. Gracile contacts human traffickers to abduct Kemet, but Kemet misunderstands that Gracile is being threatened and fights them off. Gracile is beaten by the human traffickers, who decide to sell her in retaliation, but Kemet holds them off until Val arrives to rescue him and arrests the bad guys. Pryde is in high demand as a tutor, being asked three times during the day to help her friends study: Nate asks to study together before classes start, but ends up touring the middle school classrooms with Pryde instead. Pryde and Amulet have to cancel their study plans to console Dios and Curi, who are drained from having dinner with Lyre and Ray every night. Finally, Pryde spends the rest of her lunch break tutoring Powell. Pryde encounters Norman and Layla on her way home from school, and finally remembers the identity of the final capture target of the second game: their brother Brad. Remembering that today was Layla's birthday, a dangerous point in Brad's life, Pryde, Stayle, Arthur and Eric, as well as Powell, rush to stop him.

39 Black Sheep Arc
    (novel chapters 391-431.1)
    The village is burning by the time they are close enough to see it, and Powell goes missing. Stayle returns to the palace to summon the Knight Order for reinforcements while Pryde and Arthur rush into the village to rescue Brad (the last capture target of the second game). The Knight Order arrives to apprehend the human traffickers targeting the villagers, but the operation is at a standstill when Powell's lightning special ability goes out of control, threatening everyone. Pryde calms Powell down, and the knights relocate all civilians (including Powell and Brad's family) to a safe location. Val evacuates Gracile to the castle, where she stands trial for aiding and abetting human trafficking, and is sentenced to imprisonment. At school the next day, Nate delivers a set of stealth goggles to Pryde. Dios and Curi invite Nell to rent a room in their house, and are thrilled that her connection with the knights will keep Lyre and Ray from going too far. Ray asks Pryde to introduce him to someone, and she uses the request to leverage his good behavior in the future. Arthur asks Norman for permission to visit Brad, who is now staying in an inn in the castle town.

40 Tribute Arc
    (novel chapters 432-467.2)
    On the last day of their inspection, Pryde informs the teacher that it's their last day of school. Pryde also informs Amulet, Dios and Curi during break, and Helen, Powell and Nate over lunch. Stayle and Arthur find love letters addressed to them in their classroom (Stayle gets a lot of letters condemning his feelings for Pryde, since he lied to his classmates that he's dating someone else). After saying goodbye to their classmates, Pryde surprises Stayle by taking him to the girl's dormitory to meet his birth mother for the first time in ten years. Nate gives Colm a bag of his inventions as a farewell present, and Colm promises to visit during his days off. Pryde, Stayle and Arthur (and later Alain) stop by Eric's house for the last time to thank his family for hosting them. Val, Sefek and Kemet visit Leon to celebrate the end of Pryde's inspection. Stayle joins the knights in sharing a celebratory drink in Alain's room before he and Arthur sneak out secretly to cure Eric's grandparents.

41 Bonding Arc
    (novel chapters 468-ongoing)

Vanishing Future Scenes
    In Freesia there are three types of precognition.
    - Vanishing Futures, which show up in the story as dreams about the original game, which are immediately forgotten upon waking. (I suspect that Tiara is responsible for the guys having these, but it has yet to be confirmed.)
    - Alterable Futures, which are supposedly uncommon but show up in the novel most often. These are futures that can be altered, but the main points usually stay the same (death or injury still happen, but in a different way).
    - Unavoidable Futures, which are most common but have only come up once so far in the novel. Pryde becoming a threat to the Freesia Kingdom is one example of an Unavoidable Future. It was something that was always going to happen.

It is impossible to mistake Alterable and Unavoidable Future visions for each other. Not only is the person unconsciously resistant to believing that the Unavoidable Future can be changed, but sometimes Unavoidable Future visions are seen more than once.
    (Stayle and Wes scenes) (Arthur and the Knights scenes 1) (Arthur and the Knights scenes 2) (Gilbert and Game Canon scenes) (Leon and Val scenes) (Cedric and Joan scenes) (Dios and Family scenes) (Nate scenes)

Extra Chapters
    - "____ Gave It" Extra
    (Stayle and Arthur scenes) (Gilbert and Val scenes) (Leon scenes) (Cedric scenes) (Eric scenes)
    - "What ____ Dreamed" Extra
    (Stayle and Arthur scenes) (Gilbert and Val scenes) (Leon scenes) (Lance and Cedric scenes) (Alain and Colm scenes)
    - "IF ____ Existed in Freesia" Extra
    (Tanabata extra) (Old Maid extra) (Halloween extra) (Fortune-Telling extra) (Fireworks extra) (Poker extra) (Valentine's extra) (Christmas extra)
    - "IF ____ Met Earlier" Extra
    (Stayle and Arthur scenes) (Arthur and Harrison scenes) (Pryde and Gilbert scenes) (Game Pryde and Val scenes)
    - "IF Set in Modern Era" Extra
    (First story) (Second story) (Third story) (Fourth story) (Fifth story) (Sixth story) (Seventh Story)
    - Miscellaneous IF Extra
    (Storybook extra) (Cooking extra)

Rough Novel Timeline (under construction)

Will add more as I read.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions or want to hear about anything listed here in more detail.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023