[Poll] Would you allow yourself to be productively mind controlled?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Aug 7, 2020.

Tags:
?

Would you agree to being productively mind controlled? If yes, for how long?

1. I would refuse

22 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. I would agree, and try it out for a couple minutes

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. I would agree, and try it out for a couple hours

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. I would agree, and try it out for a couple days

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. I would agree, and try it out for a couple weeks

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. I would agree to it for 1-2 months

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. I would agree to it for 3-5 months

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. I would agree to it for 6-11 months

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  9. I would agree to it for 1-2 years

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. I would agree to it for 3-5 years

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  11. I would agree to it for 6-10 years

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  12. I would agree to it for 11-25 years

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  13. I would agree to it for 25+ years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I would agree to it for the rest of my life

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  15. I'm unsure

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  16. I do not wish to respond

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Nyaa... nya...

Basically a mysterious talking fruit appears in front of you and offers to cast a spell on you.

The spell is a mind-control spell, albeit an extremely weak one. The main feature of this spell is that it causes you to be more productive, less lazy, etc, etc. If you accept this spell, you will suddenly discover that your desire to procrastinate will vanish. You will feel like you have more time in the day to do the things that you will want, you will have an easy time studying/focusing, and you will get your work done a lot faster. You will find motivation to exercise, be willing to try harder, and in general feel like a better version of yourself.

You will still "feel" like you are the same person as before.

However, the mysterious talking fruit does admit that she has her own secret agenda and may "influence" the direction of your life so it better suits her own purposes. For example, she might "influence" you into enjoying computer programming, wanting to study computer science, having a random desire to create a mega-corporation, and possibly marry into the wealthiest family on your continent.

Due to the nature of the mind control, you will "feel" like these are your own thoughts/desires.

The mysterious talking fruit promises you several things:

1. You can choose to end the "mind control" at any time that you want.
    2. You will always "feel" like you are in control of your life.
    3. She will never "influence" you to do anything illegal.
    4. She will never "influence" you to do anything that will make your family or loved ones upset.
    5. Your memories will always remain intact.
    6. If you ever choose to end the "mind control", you will find the state of your life to be at least satisfactory.

Out of total transparency, the fruit admits that out of everyone that she has mind controlled, none of her victims have ever asked to have the mind control removed out of their own volition. To protect your own interests, the fruit says that she will automatically remove the mind control after a pre-determined trial period of X days and allow you to re-evaluate the situation for yourself (whether you want to resume) the mind control spell.

1. Would you agree to being productively mind controlled? If yes, for how many days?

2. Would you feel better about this situation if the fruit did not disclose that she might "influence" the direction of your life? What if she disclosed her secret agenda?

3. Would you ever take a medication that caused you to focus better? What if it had side effects? (i.e. making strawberries taste not as good, and instead pineapples taste better)

4. Suppose you got in a car crash, and had a head injury that required surgery (a chunk of your brain was removed) so now you spontaneously don't like anime anymore for some weird reason. Are you still the same person? (note: you still feel like the same person and your memories are intact)

_alexa_, Liola and Woho0 like this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Forever, because I am sure as shit am a trash man who can't get his acts together in life and now am suffering both poverty and lack of companionship
    2. I would rather they (a weird word to use for non-gender personnel, had been using "it" but it felt degrading) say it out, because who likes people to do things in their backs even if it is good for them?
    3. So long as it only affects the small stuff, my micropenis not erecting is NOT A SMALL STUFF.
    4. No, I just lost a piece of myself, it is like amputation, I just lost a piece of myself and now will have to redefine myself once more.

3. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes. Forever
    2. Don't care
    3. Yes if it's extremely minor
    4. Yes and No

4. Harakka

Harakka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would refuse unless the fruit is offering me a work contract that i agree on and the i would only agree to be mind controlled for the duration of a work day.

Liola and Sabruness like this.
  5. Ryuubii

Ryuubii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. No.
    2. No, does not matter.
    3. Yes, depending how terrible and what the side effects are.
    4. Yes, but no. We are not the same person we are moments ago because of our experiences, but you are still you depending on what anchors you to your identity.

6. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope

Just because all mind controllers will be a lying sack of shiet.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

anon likes this.
  7. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    You Monster! Me and my procrastination doesn't have to stand to this nonsense!

While being a workaholic does sure sounds nice, i rather have my procrastinate on me.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  8. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We're all being controlled, so anyone who says no is a liar.

9. Sea Dog

Sea Dog 『Rabid』『Mad Dog』

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I procrastinate for about 92% of my waking hours(that's being generous to myself) so... no way

2. No, they're always an agenda, better to know what it is, maybe, depends on what it is.

3. Probably since you could always stop taking it, though i'd do a lot of research before hand

4.Yup, since you didn't say anything about manga(the manga is always better anyway ;P)

10. Woho0

Woho0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you agree to being productively mind controlled? If yes, for how many days?
    Yes gladly, for the rest of my life!

2. Would you feel better about this situation if the fruit did not disclose that she might "influence" the direction of your life? What if she disclosed her secret agenda?
    No that's fine, that others are happy with the change and the fruit seem very mindful, is really reassuring.

3. Would you ever take a medication that caused you to focus better? What if it had side effects? (i.e. making strawberries taste not as good, and instead pineapples taste better)
    If it has no side effects or the benefits are higher than the negatives, I would take it.

4. Suppose you got in a car crash, and had a head injury that required surgery (a chunk of your brain was removed) so now you spontaneously don't like anime anymore for some weird reason. Are you still the same person?
    No we change all the time, the me of today is not the same as the me of yesterday.

11. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    it is perfect. if I can end it whenever I want, it is not quite mind control. I can always draw benefits and back out whenever I want.

12. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Yes. How long would depend on how impressed I am with the change.
    2) I would rather know about the "influence" that not. It would depend on what the secret agenda was.
    3) I have taken supplements to help so, yes. Depends on the side effects.
    4) Yes. People's likes and dislikes change all the time.

13. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    - No. I'll feel that i never did anything myself. It would only put me in an eternal agony that there was never 'free will' being exerted by me. I felt like a marionette that would forever be on the hands of a puppeteer.

- Same as above. It would make me rethink of my life if it's forced upon me. I put value on it if it's all been from my own decision whether the results are good or bad. Regrets be damned, I wish to learn from my own failure regardless.

- I don't mind this ~ :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:
    As long as it's my decision to take it, I might regret the repercussion but it's my choice anyways.

-
    I'm still that person... I think. The only thing that never change is change. Though it would bum me out regardless since it's from an accident. But why fret over something already done right? :cookie::cookie::cookie:

14. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, forever. Sounds like a dream to have the motivation and drive needed to continue my studies of computer science, build up a mega cooperation, and marry into a wealthy family. Before I start I would simply make a forceful contingency to cancel the plan in the case that their agenda falls outside of mine considering a set of checklist items.

I'm all open to making a deal, and would prefer to have all cards on the table from both parties. It sounds like it could be a positive relationship between me and the fruit revolving around trust.

Yes. As long as it doesn't kill my lifespan or cancel out the positive benefits (like headache medicine with the side effect of causing headaches).

4. Suppose you got in a car crash, and had a head injury that required surgery (a chunk of your brain was removed) so now you spontaneously don't like anime anymore for some weird reason. Are you still the same person? (note: you still feel like the same person and your memories are intact)
    Sure, I could also just spontaneously stop liking certain things at any point. It's happened multiple times in my life and I'm still the same person. I do always consider my future and present selves superior to my past selves too.

15. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  16. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That fruit is exactly what 50% earth population needs XD.
    I would go for about 1 year

17. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yes give that mind booster to me, I need it so badly right now

18. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the last poll was the last poll. :hmm:

1. No. Who would visit NUF if they weren't procrastinating?

2. Nope. Thanks for the TOS.

3. Coffee? Tea? Only for the taste. Never for the intended purpose.

4. Nope. Different "me" inside me. Still would love manga and light novels. blobmelt_thumbs

19. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Just because i'd would be curious and also I recognize that I have some personality issues that some focused mind control might be able to help, I would let the fruit control me after hearing the explanation. I would give it a 6 month trial. If i am happy/satisfied/impressed then maybe I would continue.
    2. I'd prefer transparency and actually push to hear the true goal of this magical fruit (no not andy dick), despite whatever dark and terrible purposes. Even Cthulu deserves a chance to explain its side of the story
    3.It might be hypocritical given my previous answers, but i'm generally derisive of attitude adjusting medicines. If people have a genuine diagnosed problem that can be cured by medicine, go ahead and take it, but for everyone else too weak willed, id say deal with it.
    4. That is quite a philosophical question. Some would say that you are no longer the person you were yesterday and that the person tomorrow took your place. Even if you "feel the same" its not a very concrete answer as feelings can't really be quantified or measure the quality of said feelings. I would say it could be argued yes and no

20. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if the fruit is called Lychee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.