[Poll] Would you get on your nemesis's space ship?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Aug 6, 2020.

Tags:
?

Would you agree to get on your nemesis's space ship?

1. Yes - Absolutely! I would agree instantly

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Yes - I would agree

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Yes - I would agree hesitantly

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Yes - I would agree after debating it for a while

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Yes - I would agree extremely reluctantly

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. I'd flip a coin

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  7. No - I would refuse extremely reluctantly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No - I would refuse after debating it for a while

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. No - I would refuse hesitantly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. No - I would refuse

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  11. No - Absolutely not! I would refuse instantly

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  12. I'm unsure

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  13. I do not wish to respond

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    One-Two-Three-Four!

Once upon a time, you were born in another universe. From a young age, you had a rival / bully who you always hated because they were stupidly and unnecessarily mean to you. They were also more talented than you in every way (physically, intellectually, socially, everything), so in general, it was always impossible for you to fight against them or catch up to them no matter how hard you tried.

Even after you graduated from high school, your nemesis (now super rich / super powerful / super influential) for some odd reason never stopped harassing you. They would pull some strings and get your bank accounts locked. They would frame you for crimes (blackmail and force you into committing crimes), cause your romantic relationships to explode, and basically ruin everything that you tried to do. Every day, you would wake up and find something stupid that your nemesis screwed over, like causing the water pipes in your apartment to burst or filling your slipper with thumb tacks.

You tried suing your nemesis in court (you believed you had enough evidence to press charges), but nothing happened because your nemesis was so powerful they basically own the courts.

Anyhow, one day a massive asteroid was headed to the planet that was sure to wipe off all life. There is no way to survive if you stay on the planet and everyone is going to die.

Your nemesis commandeered all the space agencies on the planet and had them construct a spaceship for him/her. This spaceship is designed to be an ark so that humanity can survive the massive asteroid strike -- and it's anticipated that it will be at least several hundred years before the dust blocking out the sun will settle, so you can expect to live on this space ship for the rest of your life.

Your nemesis sends you an invitation to get on his/her spaceship. You will have a special "place of honor" on the spaceship and your nemesis will be the dictator. This invitation is not negotiable, unconditional, and if you choose not to accept it, you will be left behind to die.

1. Would you agree to get on your nemesis's shape ship? Why or why not?

2. What kind of bullying would you be willing to tolerate in exchange for your life?

3. What kind of bullying would you NOT be able to tolerate in exchange for your life?

4. Do you have a plan?

Woho0, Fulminata, imK and 1 other person like this.
  2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I certainly don't have any other options so why not.

2. What kind of bullying would you be willing to tolerate in exchange for your life?
    I would consider the bullying and my preserved life to be two separate results that have no relation to eachother.

3. What kind of bullying would you NOT be able to tolerate in exchange for your life?
    Anything that I could justify killing myself instantly in the face of, such as rape or direct torture.

4. Do you have a plan?
    No actually, I'll just play it by ear since there isn't really much else I can do.

Arash1, lychee and Ha-Ha like this.
  3. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You missed the option of trying to blow up the ship, dooming both of us, and all other possible survivors, to death.

4. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If humanity had fallen to the point where an asshat like that could flaunt the law that much, humanity wouldn't be worth saving anymore.... I'd have plotted to nuke that spaceship and all hopes of human life being preserved long before even receiving that invitation to begin with. Besides, in a shitty society like that, I'd imagine everyone else in the ship is also weathly and powerful. Why would I want to get on that ship just to be the pariah (not the colloquial term, the caste term)?

anon, lychee and imK like this.
  5. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful: I'm extremely confused. If they hate me so much, shouldn't they just leave me to die?

:blobwoah: I guess I'll flip a coin? I mean, if that person needs to specifically bully me (for apparently no absolute reason) outta Idk how many billions of other beings in the galaxy, I would like to figure out why eventually... But since my life is going to be doomed with or without them, I might just accept my death.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    lychee likes this.
  6. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Nope. Finally free.

2. Screw the bully, I'm free!

3. Physical, mental, indirect, and direct bullying all suck.

4. Time to enjoy all the time I have left! :justabotheart::blobsanta::blobtaco::blob_coffee:

Arash1 likes this.
  7. Deleted member 38284

Deleted member 38284 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds to me like that nemesis is in love with you but is a tsundere, would get on the ship and try to courth her if it's a she.

Ha-Ha likes this.
  8. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    ( ・᷄ὢ・᷅ )? Get on Larxene’s space ship. NO.

9. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    -Fuck no. My lifes already been hard because of this guy. Im not gonna make my life even shittier by practically moving in with em.

-None. Rather die from a fucking rock falling out of the sky then let someone bully me for the rest of my life.

4. Do you have a plan?
    -Stick my head up my ass and pray for nirvana. In all seriousness, since I''m gonna be on earth and ready to die I might as well spend it with family or by myself and listen to some good music until the meteor hits.

Matter of fact, how do we even know if the meteor isnt just a prank buy this nemesis?

Arash1, lychee, Ha-Ha and 1 other person like this.
  10. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I am not a masochist :blobsweat_2:
    Why would I want to be bullied :blobunsure:?
    :hmm:
    4. Do you have a plan?

Yes, death :blob_ghost:

Arash1 likes this.
  11. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, i wouldn't get on his ship, period. And even if i didn't blow up the ship with an ICBM the moment it tried to leave the planet, i would make sure to leave a "present" for those shitty bastards abandoning mankind, in the form of a virus designed to wipe them out when they came back to retake the planet. :blobowoevil_horns:

Fulminata likes this.
  12. Lazy ninja

Lazy ninja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If my Nemesis was a hot girl? Damn right Im getting on that space ship. Ive read enough manga/novels to see the extreme tsundere with maybe a bit of yandere pattern going on here and Im not averse to femdom even if it isnt one of my main fetishes. If its a guy? Well Im straight so nah death it is.

Arash1, Fulminata, .. and 1 other person like this.
  13. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I would! But only so that i could have time to prepare a nasty surprise as a revenge for all these times~ after i deliver this surprise, I'm pretty sure that they will promptly decline my invitation, but that's fine by me :blobowoevil_horns:

I could endure many things, except being forever bullied without an acceptable, logical way to settle the score that wouldn't involve innocent people.
    But dying from a meteor who'll wipe off the earth's life is certainly the definitive way of"exiting with a bang"! and i would rather choose to die alongside the sweet mother earth, with my freedom intact, instead of dying with my corpse floating between stars because a certain dictator of a certain space ark's chose to oust me from their space ship on a mere whim! :blobhero:

You know, that human-swine kind of thing? I would rather die than being turned into that. :sweating_profusely:

Of course I'll enjoy my limited time left on earth. Depravity, here i come:aww:

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  14. Woho0

Woho0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I want to live!

As long there is a possibility of revenge I would endure.

When they have cut off my limps.

4. Do you have a plan?
    Yes, wait for the moment for them to let their gard down and then kill them.

15. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) No. I would rather die with dignity than live as a glorified dog. If they made my life hell before; I doubt that it would be any better when the jerk is supreme leader.
    2) Maybe some minor teasing.
    3) ANYTHING ELSE
    4) Turn it down and if they come to find me kill as many as possible.

16. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. My personality is basically a nonconfrontational doormat. If the nemesis insisted on bullying me this far then they obviously have problems. Why would I hand over the rest of my life to them and become their toy?

I don't wanna tolerate any bullying~ My mental/physical threshold is very very low. And to the people hoping this is just tsundere behavior, I think putting thumbtacks into your shoes is going a bit too far :sweating_profusely:

Why live a long life in suffering when you can have a shorter one in happiness :blobcry:

4. Do you have a plan?
    Die? And hope nemesis catches some space disease and that all their karma will catch up to them soon.

17. CinnamonRoll

CinnamonRoll Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To not die. TBH, I kinda feel like my nemesis might be into me in the yandera yandera mine only forever and that's always something for me to be scared about. I just know they probably won't kill me if they want to save me now.

18. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes I would get on my nemesis' spaceship. I would do so because by that time I would want to live, not just for my own continued existence, but for even the slightest chance to have my vengeance. If my entire life had been consumed by this bully who was always better in every way, and no path of life offered me hope of paying this debt I owe toward this person legal or otherwise, i would have a spiritual obligation to balance those scales in some manner or die with a stain on my very existence.
    2. Honestly by that point, nothing, but if it was all part of my plan to give retribution I would endure anything to reach my final goal
    3. Anything that I could take off the table
    4. Be patient, wait for his guard to go down. He has been successful in every aspect of life. He will be overconfident and will eventually make a mistake. Just keep watching. Play the fool. Convince him that you have unconsciously embraced the life of a dancing monkey, the butt of every joke and prank and then when he makes that crucial step, take everything from him even if it means dying, even if it means killing everyone on board the spaceship. If my entire life was a cruel joke, then any sympathy and mercy would be bleached from my essence.

19. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    1 This sound like ask me "is it better to live one day as a lion or 100 years as a sheep?". That aside, will it be better than the 'current' situation or we will just leech another planet into destruction? Do I believe my nemesis will make the new world a better place? I rather stab myself after all that harassment. Even if he come with all the good intentions.

2 I rather sacrifice myself for a better world than sacrifice everything to survive longer.

3 ^

4 I can only ask him questions to see how much humanity is still within him.

20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Mmmmmmm, I think I would. I mean... Refusing the invitation is basically suicide, and like... If I ever feel like I can't endure my nemesis and that I should suicide, then I can do it at any time. There is no point in not giving the invitation a shot at least.

2) I don't know? I mean, they would basically be able to do whatever they want since they're the dictator and stuff. They could make me become their sex slave and I'd have no way of refusing.
    I'd say I could endure whatever I could endure... And when I couldn't endure anymore, I wouldn't.
    I don't think it would be a particular thing that would cross the line, but probably an amalgamation of things... Or maybe nothing would, I dunno.

3) Mmmmm, answer is basically the same as above I guess?
    I mean, if I had to list something... I guess I would not be able to endure it if my nemesis tried to force me to act in ways I disagree with, or if they tried to change who I was in a way I could not accept.

4) Nope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.