[Poll] Can you convince your jailer to stop hating you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Aug 6, 2020.

Tags:
?

How many days (X) would you gamble as the amount of time for your jailer to like you?

1. 1 day

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. 2-3 days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4-5 days

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 6-9 days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 10-15 days

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 15-30 days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 1-2 months

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. 3-4 months

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. 5-6 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 6-12 months

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. 1-2 years

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  12. 3-5 years

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  13. 6-9 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. 10-15 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 15+ years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. My jailer will never like me

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  17. I would screw up and my jailer would keep me imprisoned forever

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  18. I'm unsure

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  19. I do not wish to respond

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted member 38284

Deleted member 38284 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, i feel like the money the jailor earns shouldn't be known to them, and should be given at the end.
    Otherwise they would notice it doubles whenever they say no to the question, if they pay enough attention.
    And if they earn money, they may look at it from a job perspective, and not to make the person they hate suffer.
    If they didn't know about the money/didn't earn it, they would do it just because they hate the jailed person.

2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You sure it isn't that kind of doujin? These Stanford prison experiments never do well in both reality or fiction.

3. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Lazriser likes this.
  4. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Not going to worry about the questions on this one.. and just answer the basic premise.

Stage one would be simple for me. I mainly stick to myself and bother few if any people. I'm not exactly anti-social, and fairly average when talking to others. So my "first impression" should be rather neutral unless dealing with utter assholes in the group. Even in the case of assholes, as I would mostly avoid them, they will likely have other targets. *Shrug*

For the second half I would likely be "freed" relatively quickly. Otoh the one I found most annoying would have trouble befriending me. I hold grudges, and will do so till my dying day. It would be to the point the "prisoner" would need to be freed by the administrator of the test. Though depending on the level of comfort for the warden, I might just fudge the test to be done with acting as guard.

On a side note how would this work? If everyone is to act as both jailer and prisoner, how are they going to act as the warden if they are someone elses prisoner? If feels like a classic chicken or the egg debate.
    --edit--
    Actually figured out how to assign prisoners to wardens. First off it is not likely for everyone to be someone's hated person. Or put another way, there will be a small pool of people that will not be hated. So starting with these individuals they would be assigned their prisoners and then the list would filter itself as people were assigned to their wardens. Only question left is will there be 15 pairs of individuals or would the breakdown be more skewed because their hated people were taken, but in turn the people who would have been their jailer were already imprisoned.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  5. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it's actually pretty simple (albeit not very efficient).

Select 30 random people. One of those people (you) is predetermined to be the prisoner. The remainder are kind of like random third-party participants. The individual who hates (you) the most becomes your jailer, and the remainder go home.

The jailer gets a luxury island full all sorts of stuff. They don't need to physically watch you all the time, although they should hold onto their microphone/camera in case you contact them or they need to keep an eye on you. Their main job is to feed you, which should ideally be done 2-3 times a day (the meals are pre-prepared so they take very little effort to put together). Otherwise, they're free to do whatever they want for the rest of the day.

6. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    There are so many flaws in that arrangement that just makes me cringe. ...
    Are the people told ahead of time they much interact with you, or are they just told to to give their general opinion on all the other participants. I could also see someone just playing the warden part and ignoring the prisoner completely just because they like their living conditions an dont want to jeopardize it in anyway. That would make the experiment void without even giving the prisoner a chance to befriend them.

7. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How many days (X) would you gamble as the amount of time it would take for you to get your jailer to like you?
    optimistically pessimistic, 1-2 years. if their hell bent on that salary, early on they might 1) suspect if liking the prisoner has some point of value which would result in them trying to resist "being nice" or "getting along" 2) power highs are achieve though the environment, with that sort of setting. it would be difficult to not hate the jailer, assuming they are not and they are money-grubbing only, 1-2 years is quite some time to let your guard around someone. (then again, I find it difficult to be with classmates even for a duration of 3-5 years)
    the device would be very convenient. and if I was prisoner, I would need some time to adjust.
    2. If you were the jailer, do you think you could ever be convinced to start liking your prisoner? What would you do if you knew about the game?
    it's a surreal scenario. tbh, it's like being forced to look after the pet that's been forced onto you.
    if I knew the conditions of the game, I would just play along. I would optimistically hold out for stable income, assuming the jailer can leave the jail, talk with others, buy things. if not, it's like the entire jail is a bigger cell. I would hold out with some intention and if I don't bond with the prisoner, perhaps I'll give them the credit to leave. it's not like lying about "liking" the person will result in something horrific
    3. How would you approach this situation? Do you have strategies for getting people to like you?
    just be yourself, be silly, be vulnerable. assuming the jailer is the only person I get to talk to, being vulnerable (after adjusting) just shows that you're willing to open up. it can induce pity but it can also make people feel familiar. but if I could help it, I would just entertain the jailer, they just have to admit to liking the prisoner, I don't like talking about myself. if the jailer doesn't have the ability to leave the prison, then I think it'll work out. in the case the jailer is able to leave, it wouldn't be as successful. "dependence" is a way to gain favorability.
    4. Do you think you are a generally likable person? Why would somebody hate you after spending 10 days with you (in phase one)?
    yes? no? I'm an optimistic pessimistic, so I would be describe myself as one of those who choose to stay out trouble but that occasional high, I can terribly regret it once it goes south. I'm clearly aware of the game and I'm being kept. I like to move when I have nothing to do, I like to sleep when I have nothing to do, etc.
    I suppose to reason why people would hate the first 10 days with me, is my crippling self-confidence. I'm a huge crybaby. I'd probably adjust eventually but I'm a flighty person, paranoia is bound to be rampant at the beginning and with irregular sleep schedule, even more so. mental fortitude isn't my strong suit

8. Great

Great Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How many days (X) would you gamble as the amount of time it would take for you to get your jailer to like you?
    1 day

2. If you were the jailer, do you think you could ever be convinced to start liking your prisoner? What would you do if you knew about the game?
    Maybe. Depends on the person theirself. Because I knew about the game, by choosing 1 day, the jailer would get double each day. More benefit then.

3. How would you approach this situation? Do you have strategies for getting people to like you?

Nope. No strategy. Just let nature take it course. If the jailer like me, that's good. If not, well, we could try everyday. But Im sure the jailer would get confuse because their salary is keep on getting doubled every day. Lol

4. Do you think you are a generally likable person? Why would somebody hate you after spending 10 days with you (in phase one)?

Nah. Compatibility usually play their role here.

9. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I would bet the maximum days allowed. I need to escape and exact vengeance to these peoples and i wouldn't want any failure to do so.

2. That i could. I'm always open minded. If i knew about the game i would make sure they're tortured mentally and physically as much as i could to minimize the chance the table turns on me.

3. I have. Stroke their ego, fan their greed. Find out what were those and i can work my way out.

4. No. My face is scary but i am an overtly polite person that try to minimize conflict as much as possible. If someone would hate me personally i think it's because that particular person has infringed my personal space/rights to be left alone undisturbed hard enough that i retaliated. Or they just don't like me for behavior, face whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.