LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they only need 4 right and Soul spent 7 months training. IIRC. The queen needed more time to recover. She just happen to wake up and look at the stars. Seeing soul go crazy and changing the future is causing her to make moves before she is fully heal. The rest of them should be fine.

2. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Parasite Queen may very well look at things and decide waiting a few months isn't feasible. Yes they need that much time to fully recover, but the funny thing about war is while you might be gathering strength, so is the other side. Going at it even at say 50% of strength might more advantageous than waiting a few months if the other side is capable of gathering strength faster, occupying key objectives, or a variety of other things that would put you in a worse situation.

3. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the Federation have any military force aside from the spirit kings/lords, the tree and the explosions that can go up against the 6 commanders? We have yet to see anyone who can hold her/his ground as much as an executor can against a commander. Even the beast king looked more like a lvl. 6 maybe a normal level 7 Earthling and the Angels don't seem to be too strong as even their leader struggled against Evil Phantoms as they were fleeing.
    How did they survive against an attack of 4 commanders and 200 nests in the past? At that time they didn't even have the spirit lords.
    Now they look more like the useless side in this war. I always thought that they have some powerhouses with them.

4. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    The Federation's greatest strength over humanity has been their unity. Remember until Seol got involved, humanity couldn't deal with a single army commander and even then with Seol is was a close thing. The fact that the Federation was able to hold out against the combined might of 4 army commanders without the World tree and Spirit Lords backing them up tells you that their regular forces aren't shabby considering 1 army commander was enough to tie up 3 executors to the point that they were going to lose.

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think the priest meant they needed 3-4 more months from the present day to fully recover and thats why Seol said they still had time.

6. Linnette

Linnette Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hannah tearing up was so unexpected. But what was even more unexpected was that Charlotte had become such a great person. I used to hate her since she was quite childish.

Ya I think that's what it meant. But then again this info come from Shinghyun. I don't dare to trust it too much. And the PQ seems to be in a rush now that Seol and co are purging humanity. And seeing that Shihyun didn't answer her call, I think it's a good time to finally get rid of some weakened Army Commanders, now that Jihu has Godslaying Authority. As long as the purge is finished, I think it's feasible.

7. sjackson

sjackson Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really disappointed with this latest chapter. The story has actually been in a steady decline for this entire "cleansing" arc.

To explain my reasoning behind my thoughts, this arc has no logic behind it. The plot doesn't tie into the information that we've been given and there are glaring plot holes that are being ignored by the Author.

The most glaring and obvious plot hole is that the MC is actually in his weakest state right now and this is being ignored. The story actually supports this with it's own plot development.

Thus far the MC has been doing everything inside Paradise. There has been absolutely zero development in the real world beyond his home life. And there in lies the crux of his weakness. MC has been relying on and depending on Sinyoung to handle his "affairs" in Paradise and the real world throughout the entire story thus far. Sinyoung is basically holding MC's biggest weakness in the palm of their hand and this development has been supported by the lack of development in this direction in the story.

When MC first made his Organization, his first matter of business should have been developing his own company in the real world, handling his own affairs, and changing out his dependencies over to his own people. The MC hasn't done this though. There has been zero development in this plan of action at all.

All this time, the MC has been making waves and shaking things up in Paradise. All Sinyoung would have to do is send bought police officers to the MC's house to question his parents about his whereabouts. The CEO of Sinyoung, the elder sister who has met his parents before would walk in and explain that she has been his hostage and that he blackmailed her into their previous interactions.

If such a thing were to occur, everything that the MC has worked towards thus far would be for naught. And this entire situation is being directly ignored by the story.

I deeply enjoy this story, it's one of the best ones I have had the pleasure of reading in a while.

However it has broken a cardinal rule of writing. One that is broken all too often.

All works of fiction must be realistically unrealistic.

eray.gns likes this.
  8. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can see your concerns, but you are forgetting a few things I suppose.

First, the elder sister as of this moment, and from what we know about the future, is not a traitor. She is self interested, and only cares about herself, but the only time she betrayed humanity was when she felt Seol had betrayed her. So she will tie herself to whatever post she thinks will give her the best chance of survival.

Second, the younger sister would fight tooth and nail for Seol. She is obsessed to an unhealthy degree, and from best we can tell at the moment willing to risk everything for him. So my best guess is she's probably handling most things on the Earth side.

Third, we don't know all the preparations that have been made on Earth's side. This arc has been different than most of the others, because it keeps most things hidden from us, the readers, until it comes to fruition. Many things have been kept below the surface this arc so we don't know any of the things that have been prepped.

So I can definitely see you concerns, and why you have them. But honestly just keep reading, because I remember everyone complaining about the training arc until it was over because they didn't see the point in it at the time, or thought it was lazy writing.

9. sjackson

sjackson Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You've made a mistake in this first paragraph. We, as readers, cannot "assume intention" in regards to what an author puts in their story. That transgresses into the "writers plane". The "writers plane" is reserved for the Author of the story. If we, as readers, "assume intention" we are inadvertently raising or lowering our own expectations of the novel and in many cases this distorts the actual story and takes away from the original story that the author is trying to convey to us as readers. I personally struggle with this very often. It's very difficult to keep expectations managed in this aspect. If you notice in my first post I was very careful with my wording and did my absolute best to avoid this common mistake. It's very important to keep this in mind because a failure to do retracts from the actual experience the author is trying to give us.

I can see why you would follow that line of thought. Most people don't notice the subtler aspects of writing. In order for something to be "hidden" from the reader, it must first be brought to our attention or alluded and then subverted intentionally. This is called foreshadow.

eray.gns likes this.
  10. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    while i get what your saying here but i dont think this is right. i dont mean what you said is incorrect but you cant really tell other people how to read and enjoy stories, everyone has different ways of enjoying what they read. i get what you mean by we shouldnt assume attentions if it hasnt been alluded to but at the same time i dont think there is a "right" and "wrong" way to read a story. the fun part about reading and these LCD's is everyone can read the same thing but arrive to different conclusions and take different things from what they've read and discuss them. i personally have also thought the biggest issue he'd face if he tried to clean up the earthlings in paradise is the potential for his family to become involved but i also think we should wait for the arc to finish and see how its all handled if at all before fully judging it.

11. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone spoil me if this will be a harem ending?

12. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeh

Shield Loyalist and anhrefn like this.
  13. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    tnks

14. CockyBrat

Reading List:
    Link
    Well every little group could easily kidnap his family on earth and threathen him to stop what he is doing. He has 0 connections or influence on earth and he doesn't care to meddle with earth atm as he is busy on paradise. They could also easily kidnap him on earth. That would be the easiest method to deal with earthlings in general. Everyone knows where he lives. And they could also easily do it all without reavealing themselves.

This is not the first time story lines are forgotton in this story. Earth and his family on it is immediatly ignored after he arrives on paradise again. We don't see them think or talk about it except for every 100 chapters when the novel wants us to realise how important it actually is.
    But I would say that this is one of the better arcs in the story. Something interesting is happening instead of chapter long boulder pushing or his whining on earth. I wish the author would just dispose of the earth story so he doesn't has to force us to read or himself to write about it.

I also still don't know for what purpose the martial god storyline is in the story. At the moment it just sounds like a cool story but lets the actual story feel less important. Paradise is just one realm out of many. The 7 sins are just some weak gods. The Parasite Queen is not an all-threatining evil being but one that gets played with by someone else. I actually thought that it would get important one day as the martial god looks like the real evil mastermind for letting the parasite queen be on paradise for pure amusement or as an experiment but there are less than 100 chapters left.

15. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually the reason he hadn't worried about his family being kidnapped on Earth is because he's still on Sinyoung's books and they're protecting his family. The only threat to his family has only ever been Sinyoung(and really still is.) If you've noticed the eldest Sinyoung daughter has carefully made sure not to ever go into direct opposition of Seol and right now it doesn't look that is changing. In fact every time Seol has been back on Earth there's always been reminders that Sinyoung is keeping an eye on things for him. At the end of the day Sinyoung and Valhalla have are not officially hostile and there's no evidence that the eldest Sinyoung daughter is going to start hostilities. In fact with the parallels they're drawing between the current HR director and Kim Hannah it looks likes they're carefully planning a way to avoid that.

16. Arca

Arca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sinyoung has different factions, Yun Seohui (big sister) and Yun Seora (little sister), at the beginning Yun seohui tried to include Seol to her department to have a better control of him so he cant escape just like Sung Shihyun, but Yun Seora contacted him, set up a meeting and told him to join her department instead. If things happened just like you mentioned Yun Seora would cover for him 100%, It has been shown on multiple ocasions that she likes Seol and has made effort to move closer to him (multiple text messages, trying to visit him in paradise, visit him while he was wounded from the Arden fortress wall, etc..).
    I agree, especially since Sung Shihyun mentioned that living in Earth was a mess for him since people tried to kidnap him all the time.
    The martial god serves many purposes to this story:
    1. Explanation as to why the Parasite Queen ended up in paradise.
    2. Explanation as to why the Fallen Angels ended up in paradise.
    3. Bring a sense of scale to the intention of Seol to change the fate of people for the greater good, this goal is compared to another one that the Martial God wanted to do, but ultimately failed (chapter 132).

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  17. CockyBrat

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if they don't have 24/7 guards around his familiy then there should be no way to protect them. If police is trying to protect someone they usually hide them. Every organisation that he has a feud with could be a threat to them. Or just the director in Sinyoung. How much does it take to kidnap a normal family. A somewhat strong guy with a weapon? And if he is somewhat professional he could do it secretetly without giving away his organization but leaving behind his demand.

18. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Only Sinyoung knows who he is on Earth. It is not like Seol Jihu is a super exclusive name, it could even be an alias for all everyone knows. Now, if someone found out about who he is and kidnapped his family, it would be obvious Sinyoung gave them the info and, as Yun Seohui admitted one or two chapters ago, Valhalla is stronger than Sinyoung. Aiming for his family would be just suicide in Paradise, and that would go against every single one of their objectives. Plus, they still haven’t really crossed his bottom line, so a peaceful solution is still not off the table.

tkato likes this.
  19. CockyBrat

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I think finding out about his whereabouts is a job of maybe a 1000 bucks. And like I said they can do it secretely. He has too many feuds to instantly suspect someone.

What I think about is that the novel Introduced all these story lines like there is still a lot to come and the parasite queen isn't the end. Like the lvl 10 gods or the strenght of the martial god to stand above them as a human. How did he achieve that? Which level are the 7 sins or the PQ? What's going on with the demon side? What was the authority of the angels or their god? What was the chief deity?
    It's like hey there is a big world above this one to explore, a new realm to achieve but you will never see it too bad.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  20. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything that was brought up on this page will be addressed in the novel soon. The author didn't forget about it.

Shield Loyalist and Haitaka like this.