Request Poll for villainess tag on mangadex!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Clars, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey guys.....I just wanna request to all those villainess' stories lovers ...that there is a poll on mangadex going on...for making villainess a tag so that it will much easier to navigate the stories for us...><...so please go ahead and vote.....here is the link of the thread...:

https://mangadex.org/thread/296091

please..please..please..support it..if you love it..><

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think they care, they even rejected the male/female protagonist tag saying "if we add this, then there will be no end to it" and then point you to bakaupdates.

LaDyViL and Cosmic_ like this.
  3. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Villainess genre/theme is a subgenre of the Isekai genre and Reincarnation genre. I support it being a tag on sites like NU, but it's mangadex and their tags are broad and act as large umbrellas. The Villainess genre is too reliant on a specific premise and specific world setting and background. It requires too many other aspects of other genres and specific tropes.

Edit: Then again, the Gyaru tag exists. But, compared to the Villainess otome genre it's something that can often be only minorly impactful on the plot and premise. Ehh, who knows. It's up to the MD staff to decide.

Edit2: I'd recommend instead to have a Self-Insert or Character-Insert tag. In fanfiction, it's when a fanfic-author/fan or an original character from our world gets inserted into a fictional work's world. A Character-Insert is just taking over or being reincarnated as a canon Character. A more appealing Tag could be Inserted into a Fictional Work.

There's also the confusion where Villainess actually means a female Villain. A Villain tag could mean a Villain protagonist. If a Villainess tag exist, that brings confusion.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    imK likes this.
  4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lolwut sorry but I find this really funny somehow

imK and asriu like this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    no!
    cuz this cat lazy and not interested mingle with cats who running mangadex~
    19656.png

6. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you explain about "there will be no end to it"? I don't understand what they're talking about

7. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I don't know myself, but maybe they're talking about how broad and big such a tag is? Like that just split works in half (not really, but you know what I mean). If you search by that tag, the list would still be huge. Plus, it adds more research and work when tagging. Maybe they felt like it was too much work or just not that needed or too broad?

It'd also probably run into problems when there is no one protagonist. Maybe there's two or three. Maybe there's a whole bunch of protagonists. Mabe it's unclear who the protagonist is. Maybe the viewpoint character is different from the protagonist character. Plus there could be confusion and drama in tagging from genderbender, genderswap, transgender, non-binary, etc. stories. I don't know. I'm just guessing. *shrugs*

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    What it means is they don't want to end up like bakaupdates where there are thousands of tags. They probably feel like its a maintenance hassle to apply all those tags.

Even though the male/female protagonist tag is probably one of the most used tags...

9. MapItOut

MapItOut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good news everyone~
    https://mangadex.org/genre/85 (looks like it's encorporating not just villainesses but the otome isekai genre where people have foreknowledge, heck yeah).

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    pfft genre....
    well NU seem have better genre classification
    ah maybe just the wording~
    ma.png
    as long as it practical~

MapItOut likes this.