LCD Rebirth of the Evil Mother-In-Law

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, May 14, 2020.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-of-the-evil-mother-in-law/

[​IMG]

This story already has several reviews, but no LCD, so here it is. The translations is good and reads well.

The novel isn't anything sophisticated with both the writing style and the plot being simple. It really feels kind of like a slice of life story. There are only 20+ chapters so far, but the smack-downs the MC is laying on her husband are starting to repeat.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C2: I don't think incest will stop an ML from falling for a FL, especially not one that betrayed his own family for her in the past. But its a funny road block to put in his way ;)

C4: Ah, so he was always a gold digger and was basically looking for a chance to betray her from the beginning.

C5: I have a feeling she'll be framing him with those counterfeits...

C7: lol. It feels like she's decided to just say "f' it" to the world ;)

C8: “Let’s go and buy some jewelry.” lol. That's a true friend. Jewelry at least, can be resold later ;)

I wonder if Jiang YaGe is aware of her protagonist status for some reason (isekai, returner, w/e).

C11: lol. Love her ;)

C12: "She only worked there for her tuition; not like Zhong Yi at all." Yeah, Zhong Yi actually needed to work there.

“Then why didn’t you apply for a student loan? Isn’t that very easy to get?” rofl. Such reasonable questions ;)

C14: "she’d gift Jiang YaGe some of the imitation goods every year on her birthday." Isn't she planning to be gone in less than half a year? Why would she still give Jiang YaGe presents?

C15: Wasn't expecting sudden metaphysical stuff.

C16: So, she stole her son, her husband, her daughter's life and happiness, her freedom and her inheritance. Was there anything she didn't steal from the MC?

C17: I wonder if she'll recruit Jiang's old harem, destroy them one by one, or ignore them.

C18: "One could imagine how crazy the general public would be once it hit the market." She can't really make it in bulk though? And its not like she'd need the money from a small number of sales.

C20: "You made XinYun sad and YaGe felt bad at the same time.” lol. She does such a great job of making him the villain ;)

C21: "She was better of spending all the money instead of saving them for that father and son duo." Is she planning to bankrupt the family before divorcing him? How would that help? He's already stashed a bunch of money.

C22: "Then, she tore it up and flushed it down the toilet." They have a camera on the toilet? How is that not illegal?

C24: I wonder if this "sighting" was also from his wife ;)

C27: "If they sell them now, the money would end up hers." lol. I wonder if/when the husband will find out where the money really went.

C29: lol. She rocks XD

I wonder if she'll use the money to buy up the company's stocks, or if she'll just keep the cash and let the company crumble.

C31: I wonder if she somehow arranged for Boss Su to be at that restaurant at the same time as her husband. I can vaguely see how she could manage it, but it's still a phenomenal move if she did :D

C32: "When she had collected more evidence, she’d make sure Sun Mei gets a copy of them!" rofl XD

FIEND and Imsobored like this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised he didn't try to pretend the painting was stolen. I mean, sure, it would have blown up in his face spectacularly, but it would still have been very much in character for him.

4. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-35:
    Man, he really is a BBQ-pork son. :blobdevil:

Imsobored and jacobpaige like this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "she could also be helpful to Fang JunRong in return." Ah, so she's truly delusional.

"Translator’s note: Dreams would only be in black and white? Huh? I thought dreams are colorful just like real life. Made me wonder if the writer only dreams in black and white…" I assumed this meant that the character usually dreamed in black and white, likely due to some sort of prophetic gift.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She has good friends :)

"Li WangJin, seeing the two chatting and chuckling with each other, felt a sense of relief" lol.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "All her instigation wasn’t in vain." lol.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly thought she'd call the cops on him immediately, but I guess my thinking was too shallow ;)

Imsobored likes this.
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Rofl. She really is evil ;)

Imsobored likes this.
  10. Imsobored

Imsobored Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved this face slapping novel so much that I mtled it but even that site doesn't have chs 18-20 and those are probably the peak of face slapping chapters . So I wanted to ask if anyone knew where I could read them.

Ps Im a newcomer on this site so I don't exactly know where to post this.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-of-the-evil-mother-in-law/?pg=2

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he'll die, but I wonder if he'll become crippled. If so, I'm expecting him to blame her, but could totally see him coming up with some convoluted reason not to, which makes me curious what that reason would be ;)

13. Imsobored

Imsobored Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The original (mtled) chapters are broken into 4 5 chapter when translated so unfortunately fuyu neko hasn't translated up to that point.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sun Mei is such a reliable "friend" ;)
    Ah. Well, they're translating at a decent pace and a good quality. If you wait a bit, you'll be able to read them. Well, assuming the series doesn't get dropped for some reason.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She should sell the old mansion if she's not going to be living there, or demolish the house and sell the land.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like it would be rather hard to sell that place with those three living it in. Well, unless an enemy of theirs decided to buy it just so they could enjoy kicking the idiots out.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't he also nouveau riche? I thought all of his money came from marrying the MC? Or is the source of his disdain for nouveau riche his desire to convince himself that he isn't one too? Regardless, it looks like he should have done a better job of hiding his disdain. If he had, they probably would have been less willing to deeply offend him like this ;)

Isabelle and LiLi041 like this.
  18. LiLi041

LiLi041 【Lucky RNG Halo】【Eternal Townie】

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Honestly, this it the common thinking of all the scum husbands: "It might've been your family's originally, but since I married you and worked hard on it for many years, it's basically built on my efforts. Therefore, it's mine." Tsk, tsk.

And it's not like he's better off. He's like... poor (for an "elite family") now lol. He probably can't beat these "nouveau riches" after his divorce. And he will be even poorer in the future. :blobparty:

Isabelle likes this.
  19. Isabelle

Isabelle Always in love with potatoes (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠✧⁠*⁠。

Reading List:
    Link
    Acid scene today~~

I just cannot have that plenty felling with this kind of revenge... The ones that are about beauty stereotypes and rape, just so disgusting :blobupset:

But well... We have since the beginning knew that that guy was not good or even ok... Actually, no one besides our MCs' brother seems a good men untill now lol

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, her aunt is rolling around on the ground screaming in agony, and her reaction is basically "Whew. Glad that wasn't me." She's such a wonderful and thoughtful person.