How to stop being triggered by political post

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ImperialNero, Aug 8, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialNero

ImperialNero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly like the title said, no matter where or when i surfed the internet, i seems to find political post many times especially post about china.
    On youtube, content about how china claimed senkakus island and renaming it into their weird sounding diaoyus bullshit language.
    Also still in youtube, how china claimed south china sea based on historical fact.
    For f sake, china really claimed everything except covid-19. I swear someday in the future, china will try to claim moon because of historical fact of chang e of the moon.
    I know its such a bad topic to get triggered about but still, it concerns people's livehood and welldoing so idk what i can do about it

Ps : this isnt a political thread in disguise so please dont seal my thread lol

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thread should be renamed to "How to write a political post under the guise of seeking advice". :blobpeek:

3. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to your computer or phone
    Turn it off
    go to the park or something preferably no people.

Seriously though think that being triggered would not do anything.

4. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Find a good book to read, and steal it as an epub. Then just vanish into that world while playing/doing things you like to do. There's nothing wrong with isolating yourself for a day or so as a form of mental break

5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't help but laugh when I see humans argue about ownership or other political matters... what's the point? Everyone knows that...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MahotsukiKonran

MahotsukiKonran √¶∆℅¥×¶÷π√ ™°℅{^¢¡¿∆ \\£¥^√π¥℅¶∆÷√ ©¢¥®<®]¡¶∆¿

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard of a pod cast that seems to have the news deliver by comedians and entertainers they advertise that you can get current events out in a way that won't break your soul or something like that

7. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I got to NUF so I can exist in a blessed environment where politics is a banned topic. It's why I like this place so much, whereas the rest of the internet is a cesspool of people fighting over American politics.

Traveling Chef and otaku31 like this.
  8. Chu2

Chu2 Sunshine~

Reading List:
    Link
    Do some research and write an article about it - doesn't have to be professional. Then post it on the internet.

9. ImperialNero

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk man, it seems hard to do because i still need my phone to do my work
    Its basically my routine already, i usually download some novel e book so that i can avoid the comment section but still when its time to read chinese novel, racism and nationalism are always there no matter what genre that novel have.
    Seems to be a great idea but not sure if that podcast is available on my home country yet :/
    No matter how neutral NU is, intrinsic political message is always there. For example, amount of chinese novel over korean and japanese, people have no choice but to think that chinese started to being greedy by mass producing inferior novels to basically dominate current popular market
    I've already make several articles on my own, but i dont have the time to post it to the internet though. Been busy with final exam. Thanks for the advice though

10. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    What Chinese novels? I blocked all the major translation groups and genres so I never see more than a few on each page.

11. ImperialNero

Reading List:
    Link
    Wish i could do that but filtering them with common tags and genres dont really work since cn still flooded my homepage

12. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get your news from objective sites or forums like r/Geopolitics

You would be surprised by the amount of online propaganda that is spewed online by China, U.S, and Russian trolls.

News aren't supposed to make people angry but to inform them of how, who, what, when, and why properly. Propaganda is what makes people start using emotions over rationality.

China is a pretty shitty place, but to only hate this country over any other one makes me think that you are being used as a pawn.

Which annoys other people too, judging from the number of political posts you got locked.

Geopolitics is focused on the relationship between politics and territory. Through geopolitics we attempt to analyze and predict the actions and decisions of nations, or other forms of political power, by means of their geographical characteristics and location in the world. In a broader sense, geopolitics studies the general relations between countries on a global scale. Here we analyse local events in terms of the bigger, global picture.

13. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be writing a script later to add all Chinese novels to a reading list called "Blocked", and then have the list set to hide those series from the main release page. I've already put a bunch there manually, but I still need to automate it so I don't have to see them on the front page ever.

Danthefanokaku and ImperialNero like this.
  15. c.decora

c.decora Holy Cardinal, Ascended Mouse

Reading List:
    Link
    Recommendations on youtube are positively correlated to your browsing history~ A good way to cleanse it a bit is to binge-watch animal/pet/cooking ideas~ Of course, only under the assumption that you are not triggered by those as well.

Danthefanokaku likes this.
  16. Danthefanokaku

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly @ImperialNero, I gotta agree with @c.decora. You need to cleanse your browsing history and your mind for a bit. May I recommend a light hearted watch like Demon Lord Retry (the banjo sections make my sides hurt), and maybe a light read like Isekai Izakaya Nobu (or a nice watch since they have a pretty dope cooking show at the end of every other episode) or like Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi?

Honestly OP, I think you just need a break from things that make you frustrated. I usually take a break from the world of politics by watching stuff like the Dark Souls lore videos on YouTube, playing some Forza Horizon 4 (if you’ve got a pc then I’d spring for Xbox game pass on pc since you also get outer world and a ton of other games for your cheap subscription), and reading some dumb but funny manga/novels.

Just know homie, we’ve always got your back here on NU

Totally agree with ya on the bit about not hating China for being China, but they are kinda acting like WWII Germany with their mass “re-education” camps that maaaay just be death camps. Kinda sketch, but also that doesn’t mean you should hate the Chinese people wholeheartedly.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2020
    ImperialNero likes this.
  17. ImperialNero

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of person are triggered by animal videos lol. I've binged watching joshua weissman, adam ragusea, and basically any popular home cook content creator since a really long time ago that i have watched them all.
    I have pretty good gaming PC that i only used to play competitive games like apex legend. Bruh, the amount of sweaty wraith mains that left the match after being knocked down. They seriously pissed me off
    Well i dont hate chinese people in general, but nationalistic chinese and also paid cent that write with broken english in comment section, trying to improve their already ruined ccp reputation. Since chinese civilian are often the victims of their own government after all

Danthefanokaku likes this.
  18. Danthefanokaku

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the Chinese people really have it rough, gotta stand with the Hong Kong homies. But yeah I would check our Xbox game pass if you want a better set of games than just apex! They have a TON of games and I’m pretty sure the first month is a dollar (sounding like a Microsoft shill here LMFAO). I used to play a TON of apex with my roomies, but I’ve kinda moved to warzone since it’s a bit more fun to play with the bois (gotta get dem DUUUBBSS).

ImperialNero likes this.
  19. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if the opening post wasn't political (and it is), the replies definitely are. :blobunsure:

P.S. How to stop being triggered by political threads on NUF.

c.decora, UnGrave and ImperialNero like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.