[Poll] If you were king, would you order your crush to marry you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Aug 9, 2020.

Tags:
?

Would you force your crush to marry you?

1. I'm male - Yes, I would rule both kingdoms and expect us to have babies

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. I'm male - Yes, I would let her kingdom stay independent, but expect us to have babies

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  3. I'm male - Yes, I would let her rule both kingdoms, and expect us to have babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm male - Yes, I would rule both kingdoms, and it's okay if we never have babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm male - Yes, I would let her kingdom stay independent, and it's okay if we never have babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm male - Yes, I would let her rule both kingdoms, and it's okay if we never have babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm male - No, and I would find someone else to marry

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  8. I'm male - No, and I would stay single hoping that she'll change his mind

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  9. I'm male - I would abdicate my throne (don't want children / rule a kingdom)

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  10. I'm male - I'm unsure

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  11. I'm female - Yes, I would rule both kingdoms and expect us to have babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm female - Yes, I would let his kingdom stay independent, but expect us to have babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I'm female - Yes, I would let him rule both kingdoms, and expect us to have babies

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  14. I'm female - Yes, I would rule both kingdoms, and it's okay if we never have babies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm female - Yes, I would let his kingdom stay independent, and it's okay if we never have babies

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  16. I'm female - Yes, I would let him rule both kingdoms, and it's okay if we never have babies

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  17. I'm female - No, and I would find someone else to marry

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  18. I'm female - No, and I would stay single hoping that he'll change his mind

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  19. I'm female - I would abdicate my throne (don't want children / rule a kingdom)

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  20. I'm female - I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  21. I do not wish to respond

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    1) No, I mean... Marriages as a queen would mean they would be mostly political, but... I would not force my way and disrespect someone I love. I could find another political marriage to choose from.

2) I would find another political marriage that would be beneficial to my country and let my crush handle things in the way he sees fit on his own country.

3) For the first question, I would ask him what he wanted to do. If he was forced to either marry me or someone else, I'd respect his wishes on the matter.
    For the second question... I don't know. I would be torn between my wishes to respect the decisions of the one I love, and my duty as a queen to do the best decisions for my country... No clue which one I would go for.
    Yanno, that's kind of why I'd never want to be the ruler of a country or something like it. The responsibility is just too big and there isn't a right answer to the problems I face... >.>

4) For the first question, I would be interested in it due to political reasons, but not personal reasons... If my loved one was fine with it, then I might do it... Otherwise, no.
    For the second question... No. It would be my duty as a queen to produce a heir, so I could not accept a marriage that didn't involve having a baby.

5) Aye, I mean... It is part of the duty of royalty after all, politics come before personal feelings, I wouldn't be able to help that.

imK, lychee and SpearOfLies like this.
  2. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
  3. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    1 No
    2 Feel depressed.
    3 Feel even more depressed, curse god, prepare myself for a war where I will destroy both countries and then return to be depressed.
    4 No.
    I can wait for the child.
    5 As long I actually love the new person and is not a mere replacement.

imK and lychee like this.
  4. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you force your crush to marry you?
    not exactly
    2. What would you do? How would you approach this situation?
    i would approach this fearsome warrior princess and offer her my kingdom to rule with hers if she marries me
    3. What if there was a risk that a different prince/country was going to marry her? What if she liked a different prince and was willing to have her country merge with an enemy country hostile to your kingdom?
    option 2
    4. Would you be okay with a marriage in name only (i.e. the two of you live separate lives)? What if you were expected to produce a heir, and your crush isn't interested in baby-making? (note: polygamy is not allowed in your country)

*headtilt*
    5. Would you be okay with marrying someone else, even if you still had residual feelings for your childhood friend?
    probably

lychee likes this.
  5. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think those archetypes are pretty typical and put together is a dysfunctional relationship. Not to mention I hate if they child had to endure that. I’m pretty exhausted so I’ll come back to wander honestly later.
    But can you give stats or elaborate what type of territories the protagonist has. For example, they have a vast territory that manages agriculture. Tbh, doesn’t matter what type of territory princess owns if I couldn’t stabilize, though military campaigns are great and all, to actually provide relief only after coming back. I doubt she has the capital to manage it. If most of the economy is based off levies, imports and exports, I honestly wouldn’t dare. Being royalty means the responsibility of shouldering a nation. If I had a sibling, I run off the marry the princess in order to court her and marry into her family.Even if it was shameful, but if I truly liked her, than it was only a matter of course. I could even raise an adopted successor if by all means, she’ll remain available, statement withstanding...
    my brain is lagging. Be back after a nap

Lurking and lychee like this.
  6. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Personally I would find it disgusting to do it, but as a king I would. Although it may make her hate me, gaining both the territory and a strong general would be too beneficial to the country to dismiss.
    2) Ask her father, but then negotiate with her to come to a compromise.
    3) If that were the case her death would be the only option. It would be too dangerous to force her into a marriage for fear of being assassinated, but allowing a general that knows so much about my kingdom to join an enemy is dangerous not only to me but to the country as a whole.
    4) I would be fine with giving her freedom to pursue her warrior path, but she must be able to see me as a partner in life even if there isn't love at the beginning. If there is no heir there is a risk of the country falling into chaos upon our death and as a king that isn't something that is allowed. If adoption is an option to create an heir that would be fine, but otherwise we would need to engage in "baby-making".
    5) I wouldn't be OK with it, but as a king I would have to put my own personal feelings aside for the good of the kingdom.

imK and lychee like this.
  7. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope... because you know what worse than tsundere? tsundere with the magical sword (50/50 change yandere, tsun or normal) ( @lycee she normal right?)
    If She says no then is fine... I will take land or resource as an exchange or maybe future alliance? Nah... I just take a resource
    3. What if there was a risk that a different prince/country was going to marry her? What if she liked a different prince and was willing to have her country merge with an enemy country hostile to your kingdom?
    sure she can marry anyone but my enemy kingdom? hell!! RISE THE WAR FLAG!!! :blob_thor:like hell i will let my enemy grow...
    4. Would you be okay with a marriage in name only (i.e. the two of you live separate lives)? What if you were expected to produce a heir, and your crush isn't interested in baby-making? (note: polygamy is not allowed in your country)
    No... because heir complication let's find other...wait its fantasy right? Lets whoo dragon:blobwhistle:
    5. Would you be okay with marrying someone else, even if you still had residual feelings for your childhood friend?
    is fine... it's called residual for some reason... just bury it with other

8. Zorsan

Zorsan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. No, Isn't it more difficult to be with someone you like but treat you 'coldly' than to be with someone who cares about you. I feel like, life will be easier that way, no drama. 'Love/like', is not the only foundation of a relationship.
    2. Yeah, nothing.
    3. Well... how dare you! Traitor! You're going down!
    4. Nope.
    5. Definitely.

9. Woho0

Woho0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes .

Ask her father to marry his daughter, he would force his daughter to marry you, against her will, and from then have intercourse to make many babies, I would try to make her want to do it willingly, but when needed forcefully.

I won't let her, I will have her strictly guarded and send assassins to the prince if he wants to marry her.

What, no I like the princess, I want to have kids with her and our kids will rule both kingdoms. I don't care whether she is interested in it or not, she has no say in the matter.

No, only the princess will do.

lychee likes this.
  10. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh this one's fun. Call me sentimental, but I stand by the belief that whoever falls in love first in a relationship loses the advantage. And since it's me...sigh. Let's see how I'd tackle this (as princess turned queen vs. warrior prince)!

No. I mean my heart would want to, but my brain logically knows it'd just sour the relationship between us both. This isn't some shoujo manga where I sweep him off his feet or wear him down over time.

Honestly? There's more than one fish in the sea. I'll go find someone else I like--or at least some advantageous noble clan that can marry into mine. When you're the ruler of a country, you can't always indulge your personal desires. You have to think of the big picture and this random crush of mine looks like it's screwing with my feelings. I'll definitely be muddle-headed if I try to make a decision that involves him too.

Look, what if I have more than one child and they end up holding an important position in his country? Why don't I end up as his most trusted ally/friend? We can co-exist, yah? Maybe I'm not romantic enough, but we don't always have to end up as lovers in this setting.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second. Childhood crush, aren't we friends? Tsk. Don't force my hand...if it's to protect my country's interests, I might have to make things difficult for that enemy country just to make a point. Either he reins his new wife-to-be in or I'll get defensive.

The best scenario is that Warrior Prince wins over his lover so well that we become friendly nations and enter a period of prosperity. The worst one is that they gang up on my country and smash me to bits. I could be a pining queen in the first and a tragic monarch in the second...tsk, I don't like this scenario at all! I'll probably have to use my diplomacy to navigate the waters, depending on how "hostile" the country is.

Oh geez. Ok, not too bad. For the sake of a heir I suppose I can find like a...secret lover? No, that doesn't sit right with me. Maybe we can adopt a child together (or children!) and raise them to be potential heirs.

Yeah, I mean that stuff's for childhood. You have to make sacrifices as adults, because with pain comes experience, and experience gives wisdom. You can't always be the happiest person in the world, but you can at least make sure you're alright...and your country's good to go.

Blankdom, Lurking and lychee like this.
  11. Ghost87

Ghost87 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes...………………..but...……………………………………………………………………………………….my crush is an anime character...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...I hate my life.

12. Blankdom

Blankdom Unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, hard to say, for many reasons, but the glaring ones are: 1. She wouldn't be a good fit for mothering children, as she's too battle-junkie. 2. As was mentioned, she has no want for it, in any way, and would probably view the act as a betrayal, or you/her father caging her, thus more likely to sneak out, and/or cheat, so you won't even know if the child is yours or not.

.... I guess I would first off take to the father, for his blessing, then propose. If I'm rejected, I'd probably need to find someone else. -- This is me trying to put myself in their mindset, as most royals don't marry for love and whatnot, plus the whole value of dynasty & bloodline.

Like wow, maybe try reminding her of the favor she / her family owes? And try to convincer her to not go through it, or with many consensus.

Think it can be inferred from earlier, but no, this isn't just about me & her, it's also about the kingdom/empire/whatever I'm been put in charge of.

Can't be help, as it's what's best for the country as a whole; if she's not interest, better to cut it out / curb it quickly. -- Though, I may still regret / reflect on it :b

13. Chu2

Chu2 Sunshine~

Reading List:
    Link
    If my motivation here is to marry out of love, a loveless marriage doesn't seem like something I'd want.
    All I really have to do is make it so that her showing love to me is no longer a useless thing. Maybe her loving me means that my kingdom is hers to rule (shared power, of course).
    If my childhood-friend was going to marry a prince who she knew was my enemy, I would hope she does so with the intention of turning that country into a friend rather than an enemy. If she marries that prince without any consideration for how that would affect my country and hers, I would do well to consider her an enemy from then on.
    See answer one. If my crush wasn't interested in baby-making (I don't blame her, just reading about how pregnancy works is enough to make me throw up and cringe), I'll go undercover into my kingdom's city and search for a worthy heir.
    Yep. I have to be. It'd be irresponsible to hold onto my feelings for one person, especially when my feelings are one-sided. Maybe I'll never get over my childhood friend, but she and I have our own lives to lead, with or without each other.

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. Chu2

Chu2 Sunshine~

Reading List:
    Link
    eh? doesn't that mean it's fine as long as the marriage results in you two on equal footing?

15. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    obvi i dont need to order anyone, since im queen u better love me or heads will roll

16. Starmiya

Starmiya [Modern Vampire][In Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    -No
    -I wouldn't marry him cause one-sided love seems to hard and he didn't fall in love with me even tho we know each other for years means he will never fall for me so I quit this crush. Better find someone who would love me and I remember I have a harem right I can marry the people with talents and who wouldn't love me I the Queen I would try to be a perfect ruler.
    -Then I would make a secret plan to let that dog couple die with the help of my harem haha and if they merge their country it's even better I can expand my empire on my quest to conquer the world. Who told him to ally with the enemy country.
    -Didn't I kill him in his wedding night??? And the heir why would I need a prince of the ally country who betrayed my empire and married the princess of the enemy country to produce the heir??? I have a harem of talented people I want my heir to be perfect he / she should be cute, genius and martial art genius~~~ I can get whatever type of heir I want. I want a harmonious harem and children with brother and sister hood with health competition.
    -Yes cause I want partners who are loyal to me cause I wanna conquer the world. And all the residual feeling I have towards him would be dissatisfaction cause my country protected his country but he stilled broke the contract of ally countries.

17. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be very uncool of me, no
    I wouldn’t want to be the jerk who marries someone who is expecting love and gets indifference.
    I’d marry someone ambitious either a Noble from my country or a royal from a foreign one. Together me and my spouse would focus on bettering our kingdom and we either develop a close friendship or fall In love
    That changes things, clearly my crush is unhinged and a jerk. I’d hate to on the receiving end of that malice and since this is no longer a matter of respecting their choice but rather survival I’d force them to marry me and murder them in secret with my own hands before they orchestrate a rebellion and take my head as the prize. I’d then marry someone who wants what’s best for the empire and isn’t expecting love.
    I’m ok with marriage in name only. If my crush isn’t interested in making an heir then I guess I’d have to do it without their consent or kill them and remarry
    100% fine they sound like a psycho ah

18. Great

Great Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NO

Still try to be together with her. If there are no chance for me and her to be together, I'll try to find new love.
    But still I have to maintain the relationship between our two country to stay good.

Well, at least ask her not to become hostile with us. Or they already forgot their debt? But I don't think I could stay in love with someone that supposely stubborn, warrior queen/princess, did not want to be under us but still choose other prince/country hostile to us? Well, if we are the bad guy and they are the good guy, sure then. But if we are the good guy, that means they are the bad guy, and I guess I have fall in love with the villainess or something?

No. I don't want marriage in name only. If we are married, than I will try to love my wife, regardless if she is not the one that I love at the start.

Sure. At least we could learn and try to love. Well, maybe not the same love with our previous love, but nonetheless, we should love and cherish them. Actually, if they don't love us back, it would be futile though.

19. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes. If she stays on my mind no matter what i do.

2. As frank and simple as possible. I have greater responsibilities and i wouldn't want to let these things to influence me for far longer than it supposed to be. I would tie her down as wife or concubines if i have to or even personal bed warmer if I'm left with only forceful means.

3. I'll cause a limited war if i have to and if she's just that stubborn to look the other ways I'll just kill her and be done with it.

4. I'll rape her. Drug her tie her whatever needed.

5. Yes. Residual is residual. As long as it no longer occupy the majority part of my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.