Spoiler Death Is The Only Ending For The Villain

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LockedPuppet, Dec 20, 2019.

1. the Legendary Frog

the Legendary Frog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No she is not I think they were just assuming/gussing that she is. It would turn out pretty weird tho:blobsweat_2:

2. Yukiyotsuba

Yukiyotsuba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooo
    That’s just my wild imagination haha

3. Ryuchan2020

Ryuchan2020 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to ask, now the korean raw manga is chapter 34, which its ends with Vinter wearing the mask and showed up with his favoribility is dropping which terrifying penelope. [Just heroine (Penelope) helped the kids getting chest.] Is it still far away from the hunting competition arc (callisto x penelope moments)? I really skipped the translated chapters (in wattpad) til the hunting contest arc, just want to read about this shipping!

4. Elyriona

Elyriona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I see.
    I didn’t get what it means "imagine" at first. :blobsleepless:
    Sorry, I misunderstood it. :blobamused:

5. yaywww

yaywww Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still really far away.
    So far it’s almost a 1 novel chapter: 1 manga chapter adaptation, So if we go by that pace, we won’t see Callisto until chapter ~60 unfortunately :

at least another 24 weeks/6 months until we see him, unless the manga cuts some stuff out to speed things up :blobsad:. The best for last eh?

Mercyliana and aconite like this.
  6. aconite

aconite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently someone translated the end of the last side chapters. The real Yvonne in another side chapter went to be reincarnated with the support of Penelope as she was trapped in the mirror of truth with vinter. And Judy is also a cute little one a biiitt similar to the small yvonne so her heart keeps saying that Judy is real Penelope. It's not true atleast the author didnt mention it.

Elyriona likes this.
  7. Elyriona

Elyriona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. I should reread all Side Stories.
    Thank you for your mention of this :)

aconite and tati79 like this.
  8. Ryuchan2020

Ryuchan2020 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. That's a long way to go to see that... I don't really like the brothers, i wouldn't bother to read their arcs, Thank you, what i hope the most is that it doesnt have a notification saying "this is the end of season 1, we will meet again in season 2". That's what i don't want the most. It's a good thing that other korean novel adapted manga, like Monster Duchess and Contract Princess and The Reason Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke’s Mansion are resuming for season 2. Now left I'm still waiting for The Abandoned Empress... I also watching other korean manga which is very very satisfying to read.

Just hope that this Korean manga of the DOEV doesn't stop for "seasoning", just proceed right away til the end where the novel ended, regardless how much time it will take to do that. I know this is too much too ask, Sorry for my selfishness.:blobpensive:

Loti12 likes this.
  9. Loti12

Loti12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love Callisto
    But when u said his story with Yvonne & how he protect her cuz he was in love with her ,
    I feel like he betrayed Penelope & I know it doesn't make any sense , now I'm really glad that he has go through much trouble to have her
    Only my opinion

10. yaywww

yaywww Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The love Callisto has for Yvonne vs Penelope is completely different.

During NORMAL MODE, After infiltrating the Eckart dukedom, Yvonne uses shards of the mirror to manipulate him to hate Penelope, and also for him to love her (starting out Normal Route with 30% affection, super easy to raise the affection during the route). That’s why Penelope was so scared of him - because it’s set up that he will kill her in the cruelest way as often as possible, just because Yvonne hated her and wanted to get rid of her. Normal mode Penelope is essentially a poor, weak thing that easily died at any moment because she didn’t understand what was really going on. This is a completely false love, it’s only just a manipulation of feelings by Leila.

Callisto’s feelings for Penelope during Hard Mode on the other hand, are genuine. All it took was a spark of interest (why did she approach him and lied that she loved him?) which quickly grew to fondness and affection when he noticed her uniqueness and personal strength. He actively sought her out, gave her gifts to try to show her he was interested, but kept on getting rejected by her. All he could do during the common route was watch from afar and save her when she was in trouble, and only hope his feelings reached her. He actually puts in a significant amount of effort in their relationship, and if you look beyond his teasing, he never oversteps his boundaries. But once he realizes he cherishes her, his fear is that she hates him and won’t associate with him anymore. This is the difference between Yvonne and Penelope - with Penelope, there is no dishonesty, no manipulation, it’s just two back sheep’s with no prior experience in love slowly developing feelings for each other other naturally. :blobmelt:

11. Spade_Ladyz

Spade_Ladyz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah actually, i found a scene where it proofs Callisto was completely brainwashed in those past life, and what he did was quite inhumane. The difference between Callie's affection for Yvonne and Penelope is so vivid that you can spot it out immediately.

'In the crown prince route ending, all the bad things Penelope has done to the heroine is revealed, and Penelope is met with the most cruel and horrible torture.

They freezed her living heart, then made her drink all the poison that Penelope fed the heroine, one by one, starting with the one the heroine drank first and ending with the last she drank.

Penelope's face that melted from all the poison.' (DITOEFTV- Chapter 40)

And then if I remember it correctly, Callisto said the exact same thing when Penelope drank the poison. He told her he would freeze the person who fed her poison's heart, tear their limbs but suddenly thought of Penny when she heard that and how would she react. She would frown and told him to do that when she's not there.

Callie then would broke down and apologized her, begged for her forgiveness and acted like nothing had happened. It's quite a heartbreaking scene where I thought they were both so pitiful.

It's such a hard way for Penny to find her own happiness when she literally did nothing wrong. I expected she would ever believe in those fugitive things like love since she suffered so much, physically and mentally.
    But the ending was satisfied, I can't deny Callisto deserve the title of 'ML' so much.

12. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh what the fuq

The original otome game was aimed at teen girls but this is game of thrones level shit. Makes me wonder what crack the devs were on

But wouldn't freezing your heart cause instant death anyway?

13. Loti12

Loti12 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really gone read their moment together again , they are my best couple

Ariary and Mercyliana like this.
  14. Svaril_sup_doma

Svaril_sup_doma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's such a dramatic novel! I think it's one of the best novels in the genre of rebirth. No, I think it's one of the best novels in the genre of rebirth. Because all the pain that Penelope feels throughout his life is transmitted over and over again, and this injustice that Penelope is experiencing, follows her. The events that happen to her are really not so easy to forgive, because it is the pain of more than one life. No matter how Penelope distinguishes between the real and the novel, the fact remains that Penelope has one soul for all the lives that she has already lived.

But what can not be overlooked, so this is Calisto. This is one of the best MLs you can meet in the novel. Calisto really catches on, like a character, like a person. I don't know what he'll be like in the manhwa, but in the novella, he's worthy of respect for being truly devoted, faithful and unshakable in his feelings. Yes, Calisto is quite a peculiar man, but in his behavior he is quite logical.

Penelope seems to be the standard heroine of the Isekai. He wants to survive by attracting other characters to his side and tries to change his fate. But she is still different. She had no happiness and no satisfaction with her past lives as a "villain". No, she was always unhappy and alone. That's why, when Penelope held in her hands the poison, when she decided that she could no longer fight her destiny, I didn't have a single condemning thought. Because I felt all the feelings that Penelope felt. Yes, Penelope did not fight with her destiny at that moment until the very end, like other heroines, but at that moment Penelope was just a deadly tired man, who finally decided that it was time to rest. (I first cried in the Isekai novella at that moment)

So reading spoilers, where the end is really happy, I can't help but rejoice. Yeah, Penilopa couldn't get it together for five years, which seems like a pretty long time to me. But on the other hand, everything that fell on her head at one moment: the other world, the unusual way of life, love Calisto, the Eckart family and herself. All this really required full awareness and acceptance. I believe there are people who cannot instantly accept the situation with them, because we are all different.

I have fallen in love with this novel.