Discussion Initial D (CUCKED)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Daoist Pharmacist, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Daoist Pharmacist

Daoist Pharmacist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so i was watching this series but encounterd the plot i hate the most, getting cucked. As i was watching, in the early episodes of first stage mogi was shown in a mercedes with a guy she calls papa, i had the feelingthat it was the plot i hate the most, but since it doesnt have evidence yet i still continued watching it also because japs like this pervy plots like in the line where mogi says her “papa” already saw whats there is to see kf her, which i translated to when she was a baby (because i was shaking this unpleasant feeling from cucked stuffs). And now im at the 2nd stage where the mc is racing the evo and is prolly going to lose base on the things which is going on rn, but then i got the evidence that the mc is getting cucked even tho mogi is trying yo get out of it, and thats where my problem kicks in. All my motivation to watch the whole franchise is gone. Fucking cucked settings and ntrs.

Any tips to potentially like or me getting okay with this fucked up plot of an ass. Sorry to those who loves this plots but i just cant.
    Now im the one losing for not watching this plot.

2. KTL

KTL Down horrendous

Reading List:
    Link
    i just watch for the racing man idc about all that ugly junks

Rumby, FranckOA and RizYun like this.
  3. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he sort gets cucked but takumi later finds a better love interest. Keep watching it gets really good in the final 2 seasons.

Archaic pickle likes this.
  4. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, the first NTR anime i watch. I was 9 years old at that time still too pure for NTR & sugar Daddy term :ROFLMAO:

RizYun likes this.
  5. zephyroths

zephyroths A Passingby Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    relationship on initial d rarely works, seriously.

6. Klazy Labbit

Klazy Labbit Peko peko peko~

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hate ntr in anime.....
    I mean I could tolerate it in hentai but when it comes to anime.........I get angry.

7. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shoot! I never realized that!! I always thought the "papa" was her actual dad... how innocent I was back then. :(

Welp, at least I never got very far in Initial D. I stopped when I realized I had absolutely no idea about cars, so the describing of opponent's vehicles (and the reactions to them) was basically 'filler' for me. :D

8. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch for the cars and eurobeat.

Rumby, Blitz, Xxsafirex and 1 other person like this.
  9. die4jingshi

die4jingshi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you dont watch this show for the romance. you watch it for the race, 90s cars and tension. and just so you know, he gets a better girlfriend much later on

runsing and RizYun like this.
  10. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    It gets better. He gets over her and she starts a new and fresh life as a Uni student. No hard feelings, no major drama fall-out.

If you want to feel better, there's this one satisfying moment of his rejection towards her after finding out about her "job" (which she actually wanted to stop, but Takumi found out before she managed to start a new life with him.)

11. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    imma man, but imma read a lots of shoujo manga watch lots of shoujo anime since imma kid. for sure there's no pure love on em. lots of NTR goin on. on other side in shonen manga/animea lots of BFF where when imma adult often found out that those BFF turned into the dark side such as NTR, hypno, raep, BL, etc by some artist (even by the original artist).
    TBH, Initial D could be considered as adult anime/manga as their theme (despite the artwork tho).

Klazy Labbit likes this.
  12. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Frankly, I watched it for the racing parts and the music that went with it (and the openning and endings), I wasn't that interrested in the ugly disfigured meatbags they called human or the fancy four wheeled 3D coffins that they called epic sportscars (I found the Mc's car quite ugly as it looked like the bastard of a shamefull one night stand between a Delorean and an old Lada, where they took drugs that made them forget that curves look nice on cars).

When it was first haired it was quite a well made and inovative 3D but I watched some clips after reading OP post, and it really aged badly...
    But it's still better than what you see in most animes nowadays (even those with bigger budget like Berserk, Overlord are bad and lower end ones like Arifureta are just sad and pathetic)...

13. Klazy Labbit

Reading List:
    Link
    same I read a lot of shoujo manga too and I binge quick transmigration novels with male protag lol....Honestly sao came pretty close to ntr a few times and almost all these shounen mangas have these moments but mc gets there in time...I dislike such unnecessary drama especially when mc is weak or sometimes he is op af but still almost gets ntred like grandson of magi? or something..

thats why I avoid shit like that and mostly prefer mcs that are cold and don't give a fuck.

14. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    anti-heroes the best MC chara right? *lookin at Hajime of Aruferata* they often unconsiouslly stealing spouse others or both the spouses at same time...

Klazy Labbit likes this.
  15. Klazy Labbit

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind netori as long as MC is the one doing it. And yes anti heroes are mostly good because they are neutral and while evil MCs are refreshing to read, you don't really relate and you feel disconnected.

16. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Deja Vu! :hmm:
    I've just been in this place before :aww:

Rumby likes this.
  17. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.. I didn’t like mogi from the beginning I sped past her whenever she was around so I was pretty relieved she wasn’t the girl