Recommendations Recommend me a good novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Krr1ss, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Krr1ss

Krr1ss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I am looking for a novel that fits description
    [​IMG] - http://prntscr.com/tsa7fz

Those are some of novels that I read and ranked, so that u can have clearer picture of what to recommend
    end - Novel is finished and i read all of it
    end ( best rom) - same , just a note that i liked romance a lot..
    ong- ongoing
    * - I am reading it
    (number) [ for example ong- (1373)*) meas that novel is ongoing, I have read it to chapter 1373 and am reading it (in this case, I am waiting for new chapters)
    (~number) - I have read it till somewhere in (number), for example (~1200) means that i have read about 1200 chapters
    drop - just means that i dropped it..

So I am looking for a novel that have cultivation system, or at least some interesting one like Solo Leveling...
    It would be nice if it have romance and I don't mind harem so long as the girls are actually there, not forgotten in a river of time.. (u get what I mean)
    Also It isn't bad to have a bit of nsfw like 7-th rank on a list

It would be nice if MC was shameless or at least novel to be funny
    I don't mind emotional roller coasters as long as they are good..
    I have read Lord Xie Yang about 50+ chap and it is TOO FAST and also kind of cheat too much so don't give me those.. what fun is reading a time skip every 10 chap...
    As long as pace isn't too fast it is good (I don't mind regular or even slow paced novels)
    Also it would be nice if other characters actually are developing (are relevant to story) and have their own personalities and not be too one sided like: that girl is a tsundere one, that one is quite girl... and they are like that whole story always having same reactions ( U get what I mean.. At least have that quite girl have emotional moment and not just be silent whole story it is stupid if she is the same)

Also don't recommend me a novel that have too many repetitions like emperor's domination (I heard that LLS also is repetitive too much)

2. Shirayuki..

Shirayuki.. 〖13th Princess Of Chaos♡〗〖Your Oneesan :3〗

Reading List:
    Link
    Here.i posted sth :D :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobparty::blob_grin:

Krr1ss likes this.
  3. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    Grasping Evil, it only gets better and better as the chaps go by~ And as per what I’ve heard it’s yet to peak!:blobxd:

Krr1ss likes this.
  4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I really haven't found anything worth reading here for years
    I recommend Lord of Mysteries and Devil's Cage
    Avalon of 5 Elements almost bored me to death

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Birth of the Demonic sword

7. adrielpirate

adrielpirate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a perfect novel for you, have you ever read Virtual World Peerless White Emperor?

Otoko Nara Ikkokuichijou no Aruji o Mezasa Nakya, ne? it's JP but fits this description.

Solo Leveling isn't that interesting... but I think you may like SSS-Class Suicide Hunter or Master Hunter K.
    they have a nice and determined MC with a little bit of insanity and PTSD, but a good plot and good side characters. not cultivation tho.

8. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently reading Warlock of the Magus World
    Currently on chapter 772
    So far I'm liking it, idk if you are interested in it

9. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Krr1ss

Krr1ss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already read it, as you can see in a pic at the beggining of thread

11. HafidzM

HafidzM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Krr1ss

Krr1ss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. adrielpirate

adrielpirate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what most people get wrong about this novel, the description really looks like a trash isekai...
    but once you start reading, you ending up getting a isekai with a REALY good worldbuilding, thoughtful and developed side characters, a not so overpowered MC... and the best... a good translation.

people downvote this novel, because its slow paced, full with daily routines, and TONS of descriptions.
    they expect something like Mushoku Tensei (a trash isekai with harem and a arrogant overpowered MC), but the MC of Otoko Nara is pretty clever, not arrogant but not pushed over, treats everyone with respect and knows his limits.

Read the reviews on the page and you know.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  14. Krr1ss

Krr1ss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll see, I have started Grasping Evil so other novels will have to wait a bit

15. tallrice

tallrice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, your request is non-existent! A good cultivation novel that also has good romance... I wish!

But if you're looking for what might come close... from closest... to further and further away:
    • Pivot of the Sky - warning that this starts really slowly... like hell for the first 15 chapters... but it's worth getting through if you like cultivation adventures. It's written with a lot of cultivation details, has some great characters and gods, a cat/cat-girl/cat-goddess who watches over the protagonist and decent romantic elements.
    • Reverend Insanity - one of my favourite cultivation novels. At least the first arc is most definitely worth it, with it's typical cultivation hidden village, a cultivation system with a fairly unique gu mechanic, hints at romance and personal relationships (don't expect any fluffy endings in this one though) ... and lots of wild action from an anti-hero who's really convincingly written as a psychopathic demonic cultivator.
    • Douluo Dalu - surprised I didn't see this one on your list. It's one of those old shounen classics of the genre. Not sure if you'll enjoy it if you dropped yaoshenji, but worth trying. TangJiaSanXiao is renowned for his solid monogamic love interest, pretty core set of characters... and lots of repetitive action scenes, hey, can't be perfect. (It definitely goes off the rails in various parts too)
    • The Grandmaster Strategist - [haven't read this one] but looks like a promising cultivation/strategy mix of elements with high reviews and even romantic elements
    • Tales of Herding Gods - [haven't read this one] but it's often lauded as one of the other cultivation novels with a lot of unique elements and interesting developments (I see someone recommended it further up the page)
    • Volcanic age - Amazing cultivation novel, with hints of romance. Would fit perfectly! ... just need someone to translate it, unless you can read Korean, lol...
    • Savage divinity from RRL - it has cultivation, it has decent romance. Don't expect Korean/Chinese pacing and face slapping though... it is much more Western in tone of its enemies and character writing and the pacing goes to glacial later on...
    • Defiance of the fall from RRL - it's a post-apocalyptic earth story with a highly cultivation influenced system. There are 2 (3?) romantic interests, neither of which have gone anywhere, 1 of whom I find quite interesting as a character though
    • The Human Emperor - a bit conflicted recommending this since it drops of so hard after around 400-500 chapters... but it meets all your criteria and the first 400 chapters are really strong.
    • Seoul Station's Necromancer - very similar to Solo levelling... as in too similar...
    • The Nine Cauldrons - this is one of I Eat Tomatoes older works, but it presented a surprisingly mature take on cultivation (not so much face slapping as others) with an MC who was in a kind of discovery of cultivation. I personally found it to explore cultivation aspects really well, particularly the long sections dedicated to insights into creating new skills. But it's slower paced than many and the ending was super rushed after a time skip, so the romance was not developed well at all...
    • Dark Mage, Coiling Dragon, Against the Gods - not my top recs, but classics, worth trying, they all have some nice bits in them
    I'm not an expert, and doubt you're interested in going into the Wuxia world (as opposed to xianxia sub-genre) but there's supposedly a lot of less magical but still cultivation novels with romance plotlines. Some that are often mentioned are Condor trilogy or The Dear and the Cauldron if you wanted to check that out.

I'd echo some of the previous comments that say to try novels like Master Hunter K or Lord of the Mysteries... but they really don't fit your criteria... so not sure that would be helpful... I'd say that most of these novels on this list are not among my favourites on NU... so hopefully someone with more cultivation world experience comes and comments too!

Hope that helps! Good luck in your cultivation pursuits!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Krr1ss likes this.
  16. sushirollw

sushirollw Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Tyrant Duchess!
    it's in Scribble hub!

Krr1ss likes this.