[Poll] Would you execute your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Aug 10, 2020.

Tags:
?

Would you execute your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend?

1. Yes - I believe I'm right, and this is good for my country

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Yes - I might be wrong, but rebellion is unacceptable

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. No - I believe I'm right, and I will fight the rebellion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No - I believe I'm right, but I will surrender to avoid rebellion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No - I might be wrong, but I will still fight the rebellion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No - I might be wrong, and I will surrender to avoid rebellion

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. I'm unsure

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  8. I do not wish to respond

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    How is someone that managed to royally piss off their whole entire country not dead yet?

lychee likes this.
  2. Woho0

Woho0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you order the execution of your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend? What if the stability of your country depended on it?
    Probably not, instead I would hold an trial or a popular vote or make his death look like an accident.

2. Would you be more/less comfortable executing someone if they weren't your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend? What if they were a brother/sister? A cousin? Family member? Former friend? Neighbor? Acquaintance?
    I don't care about ex's or neighbor or any non family, but I wouldn't like to execute family. But executing people can hurt my reputation, I would never feel comfortable with it probably.

3. How would you respond if your ex- suggested that you hook up together again and started flirting with you? What if you suspected that they were mainly aiming to manipulate you to get what they want?
    Depends on what they want and what I want in that situation.

4. Do you believe in the death penalty? What about with someone who has a competing claim on the throne? (i.e. if you leave them alive, their supporters will continue to believe there is a chance that their candidate can become king/queen).
    Death panalty, so long I don't order the dead panalty, that would make me look like a tyrannical leader.

5. What are your overall considerations in this scenario?
    My own safety, and that of my family and of my nation, my reputation, my future and the future of my dynasty and the future of all the beastland people.

I would let the rebellion trigger under well planned circumstances. For the long term future this is a great opportunity to role up all rebellious tribal leaders and to centralise power.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    lychee likes this.
  3. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Yes. They already decided to break the relationship beyond repair by plotting to depose and possibly kill me.
    2) Neither. Any execution is hard and should only be used as a last resort and should never be easy.
    3) Not really sure.
    4) In extreme circumstances. If they plan to pursue their claim for the throne.
    5)
    a) Would the rebellion affect the stability of the country.
    b) Would the success of the rebellion cost me my life.
    c) Is there a peaceful way aside from reversing course to quell the rebellious talk.

4. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you order the execution of your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend? What if the stability of your country depended on it?
    If it was for the good of the country, yeah. I wouldn't enjoy it though.

2. Would you be more/less comfortable executing someone if they weren't your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend? What if they were a brother/sister? A cousin? Family member? Former friend? Neighbor? Acquaintance?

More - stranger, acquaintance
    Less - anyone I have emotional ties to

3. How would you respond if your ex- suggested that you hook up together again and started flirting with you? What if you suspected that they were mainly aiming to manipulate you to get what they want?

I'd be sniffing around for a possible trap. They're the leader of the rebellion and might be plotting to kill me.

4. Do you believe in the death penalty? What about with someone who has a competing claim on the throne? (i.e. if you leave them alive, their supporters will continue to believe there is a chance that their candidate can become king/queen).

Death penalty - Depends on the crime(s). If the criminal is irredeemable, sure. Not for justice or because of feelings. I would kill them quickly and painlessly the same way I would a rabid animal.
    Claim on the throne - Not unless their actions affected the well-being of the country or they'd already committed abhorrent crimes.

5. What are your overall considerations in this scenario?

a. Find out whether the rumours about my ex are true
    b. See if I can find a peaceful alternative
    c. If abdication really is to the benefit of my people, do so
    d. If my ex is a threat to the peace and well-being of my people, kill them

Personally, I wouldn't have made that deal with the wizards in the first place. I don't care about the economic benefits. I'm not incapable and neither are my people. I would seek a way towards prosperity that doesn't involve violating our cultural ethics.

5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay @lychee spill the guts? What happened?

6. ..

.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes. Even if the stability of the country did not depend on it. It is my Ex.
    2. No. Exes are the best one to be executed.
    3. Kill the exes.
    4. Quid Pro quo.
    5. I'm honestly leaning to the anti-wizardland. Death to the capitalism! The past me is shitty by entering the trade agreement. But, it is my ex. What if they suddenly show up in my wedding? What if my ex disturb my family life? So, kill my ex, but still lean to the opposite party.