LCD The Lord of the Mysteries

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by tirirism, Jan 18, 2019.

1. 454Casull

454Casull New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This might have something to do with the premature (?) ending: *apparently I have too few posts to post links but just Google "reddit Tencent hobbydrama"*

Also, someone remind me why Klein isn't Traveling with his real body to e.g. Backlund? Is it to avoid meeting Amon?

2. BashAllShips

BashAllShips Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah Cuttlefish ending the novel like he did isn't because of that. He stated he wanted to end the book around May way back in December. Cuttlefish even began thinking about a sequel before he wrote the book.

To answer your question; Klein can't travel to Backlund with his main body the Forsaken Land of the Gods is separated from the main world with the only entrance in the Giant King’s Court.

3. Lonise

Lonise Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello friends!
    is there any news about Lord of the mysteries second book?

4. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link

5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe it took me so long to find this gem. Way better than your typical xianxia.

MC is pretty screwed now. Getting ganged up upon by all his enemies, who were previously enemies to each other, was somewhat unexpected

animefan217 and lunarshadow like this.
  6. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys know which website does the advance chapters? Webovel is around 1330 or something, but i can find 1390 from google (aggregatorsss) but cant find the source.
    Edit
    Its 1319 vs 1347. I just checked. Its not mtl, i think. Its very readable

7. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 28 "privileged" chapters that you must subscribe and pay to unlock. Some aggregators collect these chapters. That's why webnovel.com only released up to ch 1365 but aggregators currently have ch 1393 (one away from completed).

Concernedcitizen and animefan217 like this.
  8. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought someone said it'll be next year?

9. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can any novel match it is the queestion.

10. Stability

Stability Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say Reverend Insanity can match it but i can't really think of any others, these are true top tier goods.

11. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've enjoyed Kingdom's Bloodline, Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint and The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich as much as this, but none of them have a similar style. I'll miss this series.

Lonelycity likes this.
  12. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite liked the end of this volume of the story. Ties it up while hinting at the massive stories each person will experience. Everybody was set up to be able to have a volume about their next step. A lot of food for thought while not being a disappointing ending if it never continues.

Elkon, RiddleMeDoo and zenorth like this.
  13. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    For the ending of the novel, where Melissa and her niece(?) did the ritual to call on Mr.Fool (Klein) and some tentacle (the non-h kind) appeared and high-fived his niece, can we assume that Melissa knows that The Fool is Klein (and she is also a beyonder)? I mean, otherwise, she'd be scared as hell interacting with tentacles (non-h) no?

14. JFallDesu

JFallDesu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Melissa is a sequence 9 of the paragon pathway (savant) I think, she was promoted because she did a good job, and got the potion... And yes apparently, the author confirmed during an interview that Melissa knows The Fool is Klein, but do keep in mind that this scene happens ~10 years after the ending.

Elkon likes this.
  15. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link
    Whut? Was that stated in the chapter that it was 10 years after? During the apocalypse? I thought Melissa just simply worship The Fool.

16. JFallDesu

JFallDesu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it was stated that the little girl was clearly less that 10yo, considering Benson just got married at the end, I think it is safe to think that there is a consequent time gap... And don't think the apocalypse is this soon.

17. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right. The kid called her aunt. It seems Melissa is introducing Klein to his niece.

18. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... was I suppose to put spoiler tags on my post? I mean, we can read the ending in aggregator sites right? Anyway, just in case
    How about Benson? Does he know that Klein is the The Fool and is alive and that Melissa is a beyonder? Did the author give any more spoiler for the sequel like who is/are the main character/s? Is the tarot club still recruiting more people (like they can join the regular gatherings)? Will we get a ship for Klein like maybe Audrey or Evernight? Heck maybe even put Mother Tree of Desire or Mother Goddess of Depravity there cause they are both mothers and Klein could be a daddy (kek)

19. JFallDesu

JFallDesu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know for the spoiler thing but it was just in case a new reader stumbled upon this thread...
    Anyway, for Benson we have no idea...
    And I don't know if we can share a link but here is what the author said during his interview... Some details about book 2 there.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LordofTheM...head/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Seraphim likes this.
  20. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thanks. By the way, when exactly in the book (roughly what chapter or event) is one year before the last book?