Spoiler The Evil Lady Will Change (manhua)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the new spoilers. Its honestly refreshing to see decent royalty (and even painting the older generation of nobles in a better light, at least in Aisha's old kingdom). I mean, we already knew the king will forever be her ally, he knows how capable she is and how much she has contributed to the kingdom but at the same time, it pains him he can't do more for her since they're up against the sister whose quite talented in the "innocent/pure, source of ideal white knight image" sister whose loved by the commoners thanks to her idealistic views and Aisha's views are waaayyyy too advanced for the uneducated commoners and isn't as symbolistically rewarding to the younger generation of nobles

2. Negarrr

Negarrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all

Fabicd likes this.
  3. Negarrr

Reading List:
    Link
    So everyone finally found out that blondey is nothing more than trash?

Fabicd likes this.
  4. Eiidachan

Eiidachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, not everyone. The little brother still thinks his second sister is a great person and can't understand why the king won't bless the marriage. I think there are still others who thinks so.

5. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler- chapter 103

Aisha's younger brother takes the red-haired villain to meet his parents .... The villain plays innocent, and tells Aisha's parents that he is the son of writers, who lives in Amarillys, and the parents of Aisha are delighted with him.
    Lilian, while everyone is at the table having dinner, arrogantly starts talking about his ideals, and questions saying that the Kingdom of Amarillys, is still a conservative country, where only nobles enjoy its power ... and soon Then she says that Robinia will be different and in time she will change the country, and that her plans will make progress that she wants to give Robinia.
    The parents are embarrassed due to the daughter's attitude toward the guest... Lilia questions her mother, saying that the country needs more young people, like Yurandi/ Hel (the villain nicknamed himself Hel).
    Hel is grateful, with Lilian's praise.
    While walking thoughtfully, Lilian's father begins to think that Lilian's ideas are radical, but they are correct, because when he was young, he also thought like Lilian .... He says that Lilian's conviction is very persistent, and who will try to convince the King to change his mind.
    Hel offers help to Duke Cloix (Lilian's father) saying that he can help him to change the King's opinion regarding Lilian's marriage to the Prince .... Hel offers the "energy stone" a mineral that has an infinite potential ... The duke is surprised to hear about the stone .... Then Hel tells the duke, that he has enough tools to produce the stone, and that it can help him to convince the king ... The Duke in turn accepts the stone.

And so ends chapter 103... apparently the Duke was bewitched by Hel.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  6. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! This will be interesting... Thanks for sharing.

AnnaArpa4 likes this.
  7. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exact... Lilian has a good vision, but is very selfish and ambitious.
    Thanks for helping me.:blob_grin:

8. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lilian's ideals are good, but she got lost in the face of her ego.
    She became very selfish .... She just wants to be recognized by the "idiot commoners" as a "saint".

komo komo, gametv and MiserableSOUL like this.
  9. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The King was more paternal to Aisha, than her own father... He recognized the talent, and knows the value she has ... I have in mind, which is why the King doesn't like Lilian very much... Her idealism sounds false.
    He already realized that Lilian only does these things to feed his own ego... She has already got used to being praised.

10. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, not all.
    But, little by little your mask is falling.

gametv likes this.
  11. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (y)

12. Fabicd

Fabicd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking forward to seeing Lilian's bow ... I wanted at least 3/4 chapters, summarizing how Robinia was under Lilian's command, after Aisha left.
    In the middle of the manhwa, some characters were shown disappointed with Lilian's attitudes, should show more.

DOHere likes this.
  13. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how they did Lilian being in charge imo. Her actions align perfectly with what you'd expect from an immature teenager who thinks they know more about politics than they actually do,

Rose Nightingale, gametv and Fabicd like this.
  14. Lirael

Lirael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked the last few pages and didn't see this mentioned, but I've been reading the Spanish TL and from my understanding in chapter 100 and 101 MC tells ML a very important theory about the sister and her influence:

In ch100, MC accidentally releases/uses some of the evil magic (Yarundi power) during training, and a boy suddenly starts acting like people did towards her sister (basically he calls out ML on how dare he point a weapon at MC -even though it was sword training- and that he'd always be on MC's side, even though no one was attacking or blaming MC).

In ch101, MC notes how he acted like her sister's followers did, and suggests that maybe her sister also has the evil magic inside her, which might have been brainwashing people into following her (however, they weren't necessarily suggesting sister did it on purpose, since MC could do it by accident)

If I'm understanding this correctly, and if MC's conclusion is right, then it explains the overall stupidity better and maybe the King isn't falling for it because he's immune somehow, or far removed enough.

Not to mention, if correct, it opens up possibilities to why she ends up running away

15. Negarrr

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you for spoiler

Fabicd likes this.
  16. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the new info! Interesting. It definitely fits on the possibility/reason she runs away to the north later on. It helps that we actually have a competent king and if this theory holds true later on, since the sister is assumed to release it unconsciously, the victims might just be people who are briefly vulnerable to it and people who really don't trust her and stand firm on their ideals might break/be immune from it (case in point, her ex friend when she realized how idealistic her views were and that's all they'll ever be).
    As a bonus, its nice to see the brother finally being mentioned here. I mean, the manhua puts him in the bg alongside the parents in Aisha's memories sometimes but hasn't done anything significant or even appeared at all. Its a shame he's naive for his age (but with parents like that thinking their remaining daughter's views and actions are worth her opinion without considering other factors like older nobility support, budgets, her reaction against criticism)

17. Kiriari

Kiriari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, I'm confused, if Aisha is meant to be the heir, and they had no expectation for Lilian other than for marriage, why did they send Aisha (the heir and the useful one) to another kingdom, and kept the spoiled brat at home? They should know how incompetent Lilian is, even the mother was relying on Aisha to take care of the household while she does nothing, so they know Aisha is important to keeping their house (probably the kingdom) running. The parents don't seem to be affected by the magic, I guess they're banking on Lilian being able to snag the Prince? Or that they got rid of Aisha so the son can inherit the house? Just a plot device i guess?

It would be satisfying to see Lilian fail, but at the same time, from the spoilers, it seems like they dumbed her down midway to make Aisha look better... I was hoping she would recognize how her ideals are naive and reconcile, or at least become less radical, instead, she becomes full on crazy? Her calling commoners idiots is a complete change of character (not that it's unbelievable that she thinks that, but) she's playing the manipulative saint that wouldn't allow her character to say something so basic and stupid that ruins her whole image.

MiserableSOUL, Jukki and Fabicd like this.
  18. Eiidachan

Eiidachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused about something. In several translations I read, the MC is named Elja, but here she's called Aisha. Did I miss something about her name?

Fabicd likes this.
  19. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some are translating from Chinese version, some from Korean version (also in Korean version webtoon chapters are longer, while Chinese version split the chapters in half of those Korean). This is why her name is kinda different. I know, it's very confusing. I think from CN comes as Aisha, and from KN comes as Elja. The English translation that I'm reading on mangadex, she's named Athanasia, or short Tia, BUT the TL group is translating from Chinese raws, so...yeah, confusing.

CORRECTION: not Tia but Athy, in webtoon in short.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  20. Lirael

Lirael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it's canon that Aisha is meant to inherit, but so far from the story it just seems like the daughters were always meant to be married off and the son will be the heir. Before accepting the foreign marriage, Aisha was engaged to another man and there was no talk of him taking over her house. Though granted, we were shown little in the way of that.

The about face with her treatment of commoners I'd like to believe isn't just forced crazy because the writers were in a bind: I'd like to think that initially when people were believing her and following her every word Lilian was pleased with them, but now that they didn't do as she pleased she turned around. But I agree, I wish they didn't make her so crazy, it's annoying when the antagonists are too one dimensional. I assume that the fact that she has always been fawned over, and told by followers anyone against her is wrong and lack of parenting has twisted her personality. Even now, her parents don't outright disagree with her views, they simply act that she spoke at the wrong place, which I guess could be seen as "aristocrats don't want to talk about touchy subjects" as opposed to "what you're saying is wrong and out of turn for this occasion".

Isn't Athanasia aka Tia the MC from "The Villainess Lives Twice"?

Fabicd likes this.