Chinese Cultivating to Become a Great Celestial

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by ike_00000, Aug 13, 2020.

1. ike_00000

ike_00000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Cultivating to Become a Great Celestial
    Raw Link:
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2443005 (I think)
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/cultivating-to-become-a-great-celestial/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:

Super great josei xianxia story, which honestly I find surprisingly rare. It's usually some asssassin transmigrated to become someone super OP, with arrogance that can reach the heavens and somehow the power requirement too (except in front of the ML, who controls the world with his pinky finger).

This one is a bit different. Our MC starts weak, and she's actually weak. She's not some imperial concubine or something, but I think this will actually be a cultivation story. I'm hoping the MC will be similar to Ascending, Do Not Disturb or My Disciple Died Yet Again.

Pretty sure the translator dropped it. Last update was in April.

Description:

Once she woke up, Su Tingyun had become a 70 year old granny.

After resigning to her fate with great difficulty, deciding to become a rich family’s esteemed mother and residential big boss, she didn’t expect that the scenario would change again.

That husband of hers who had died on the battlefield was now the cultivation world’s deity, and sent people to pick her up for celestial cultivation?

Fine, she’ll cultivate, but how did she accidentally cultivate into someone else’s body?

Changing old patterns up and playing swapping the frame…

Young man, granny is 70 this year, is your taste heavy enough?

Elliana and Raobihr like this.
  2. AbsAreHot

AbsAreHot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading it after you posted this and got to c11. It makes me a little mad that the ML claims to be so grateful to the MC. She lived luxuriously, but after his invitation, she was bullied, tricked, disrespected, starved, ignored, injured, robbed, betrayed, tortured(on the climb) and almost died just because the ML believes she can pull through? Just because she’s capable doesn’t mean she’s deserves it. At this point, she’s still planning to be a mortal, so she definitely didn’t need this sort of experience.
    Honestly, I’d be so freaking mad if I found out I had to go through that just because someone I haven’t seen in 50 yrs “thinks I can”.
    So right now, the ML is on my blacklist. Hopefully, he makes it up to me. I like the MC, though.
    Sorry for pooping here.

3. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    Lemme just say first no worries. Ofc it's totally fine to be expressing your opinions of the story.

For me I'm also considering ML's perspective. Like honestly if I were him I'd hate the OG body to death, sure she's the life saviour but the things that she did really aren't forgiveable. I'm pretty sure he also repaid the debt. After, he didn't force her to come try being a celestial, he gave her the choice (I think? I forget the story details tbh). At any rate she was about to die of old age and is suffering constantly from pains. Not causing trouble for her imo is already pretty good lol. Esp since she's a mortal, usually immortals think of mortals like dust.

I also like the MC a lot, and more than anything I really feel like NU lacks genuine female protagonist cultivation stories?? Like there's some but honestly not that many of the "proper" immortals type, and I think this one would be a fun one to read. I hope you'll give it another chance and keep going, and end up liking this story too!! ML steps back a bit for a while, and I feel like he'll just be getting better from here. Can't really get worse anyhow lol.

AbsAreHot likes this.
  4. AbsAreHot

AbsAreHot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok thanks for that- makes me feel a lot better about continuing. And yeah, I couldn’t find any cultivation stories with genuine female protagonists. I say genuine because the few that I’ve found were about men that died and were reincarnated into women. Also, just up until that point in c11, I was really enjoying the story.

ike_00000 likes this.
  5. Bunbun235

Bunbun235 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's been pickedddd up :blobowoevil_horns:

ike_00000 likes this.
  6. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    yes I saw i'm so happy!!!!!

I just hope it'll stay picked up loool there were lots of translators just posting a few chapters during this gap

Bunbun235 likes this.
  7. Bunbun235

Reading List:
    Link
    we plan to stick to it~~

ike_00000 likes this.
  8. ike_00000

Reading List:
    Link
    YESSSSS are you the translator?? thank you so much!!!!

Bunbun235 likes this.
  9. Bunbun235

Reading List:
    Link
    not the translator xD only recruiter

ike_00000 likes this.