Spoiler I’m Spying on the Heroine in an Otome Game World

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by seabreezemojito, May 4, 2020.

1. whiteapparition

whiteapparition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too, honestly. He was my favorite. I wanted Shiori with him or Tsuchiya, because the former really seemed to have lots of chemistry with her and latter because, well, who doesn't love a good childhood friend ntr?

MiserableSOUL likes this.
  2. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever wondered how old Kazu-Nii will be when she gets older??? Assuming he's 26 or something at a teaching age (He probably went through training, University... so 26 is an appropriate estimate)
    Our MC would be about 16 (The start of high school)??

That's more ten years difference!!

The gap is freaking bigger than 'I am from the house of Castillo's MC and Emiel!!!!!!'

karls likes this.
  3. Jukki

Jukki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that's why I say that while I do enjoy the dynamic of their relationship (the way they talk and tease each other) the age difference and the power imbalance, as Kazu-nii is also one of her teachers, makes things "ughhhh" to say the least. But if instead of a highschool aged Shiori we had 20 something aged Shiori, the age difference would not be much of a problem. To me rather than them being blood related, the age difference and the teacher-student relationship makes things problematic... Which truly pains me because I really enjoy how they interact with each other, but I can't truly ship them because of that... So if he is endgame, if they get together after Shiori becomes an adult and she is no longer his student I won't be against it (plus it's quite possible that things may go this way as it was Shiori herself that suggested this outcome for Kazu-nii if he ends up falling for Maria-jou)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  4. tonyolexia

tonyolexia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so sad, I was hoping for either Katsuragi or Designer-kun or any of the Capture Targets really except for Kazu-nii to be the ML. Heck, I even lowkey ship Shiori with iinchou too! I mean, I like Shiori and Kazu-nii's interactions but I could only ever see them in a sibling relationship :/ Welp, I'll still continue to read this story. Disregarding the ships, I just really like this story overall, reminds me of Kenkyo actually, lol.

whiteapparition, Jukki and Wr3n like this.
  5. Racing Raindrops

Racing Raindrops Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    was hoping for iinchou, too, because he is just the bestest boy there. kyouya would've been an okay second, but he's a baby with animal instincts. katsuragi is hung up on maria and kamura is just ughh. tsukishima-bishounen is triple ughh though i would've liked to see shiori-chan's interactions with tsukishima-oniisan. kaneshiro and that ore-sama prince are out, one having a seemingly dark past with women and the other not serious in women. but iinchou though, i wanted it to be iinchou since she's most comfortable around him. they even bicker and banter! that like a hundred points! gotta remember that there are cultural differences and this thing is fictional. it's hard to reconcile in my mind, the fact that endgame is shiori/kazuto but it's fictional. so this means our only saving grace now is fanfic. who wants to start?

6. Katimu

Katimu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know how Iinchou knows so much tho? Like he's kinda mysterious from what I see, so what's up with him? anymore spoilers? :)

Jukki and Reandayo like this.
  7. whiteapparition

whiteapparition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IDK where the translations are at right now but is it at the part where Shiori makes a bento for Iinchou yet?

8. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiori is a bit denser than Reika from Kisshoiun. A lot of characters seem alike anyone noticed?
    Katsuragi?
    Iinchou?
    Idk... a lot actually.

9. Racing Raindrops

Reading List:
    Link
    the fireworks festival just happened. shiori-chan unwittingly receiving the yukata of the tsukushima bros' mom from their grandparents. kazuto taking shiori-chan to the festival grounds. seeing the fight Event between tsukishima-oniisan and tsukishima-otouto and the meddling of maria. kazuto subtly making moves on shiori-chan... ugh, kazuto. why, why are you doing this. that's your cousin. she calls you kazu-nii. (*mumbles to myself* fictitious, they're fictitious, they're not actually real life—)
    Nope.
    JAIL FOR KAZUTO. JAIL FOR TEN BILLION YEARS.

10. Racing Raindrops

Reading List:
    Link
    are there any more screen time with iinchou? i love iinchou. he's best boy. he's the most sensible out of everyone there. he tries to warn off shiori-chan about how vulnerable she makes herself when she offered him to pet her hair. he cleared up the misunderstanding of matsumoto, the one where he thought iinchou and shiori-chan were dating but shiori-chan cheated with neo candle. he's so nice??? and so responsible??? he got the highest test score out of everyone in their class when they first entered??? he's so chill and he banters and he's cool and so precious. stars, why is he not endgame?!?¿? he's the goodest good of all the goodness. i am so salty that he doesn't end up with her.

11. Neleothesze

Neleothesze Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually rooting really hard for Kazuto!! (I came looking for spoilers hoping to read that he's the ML & I'm so happy to see that the story's going that way but I didn't expect so many readers to hate it! :eek:)
    Please hear me out, hear me out:
    ✨*Kazuto likes Shiori but he hasn't told her because he's letting her have a childhood and adolescence.
    (Quote from chapter 29: "Give it all you have with what you can only do right now. If you don’t enjoy life as a kid while you are a kid, you’ll regret it later.")

✨*For the most part, he's a teacher when he needs to be and an friend when he can. Yes, he messes up sometimes, but he's only human. (One of my friends is a primary school teacher and she enrolled both her kids in her colleague's classroom because it's damn hard to draw a line between being 'mom' and being 'teacher' and even so they sometimes come running to her during breaks, asking for this or that favor)
    So far, Kazuto's acted like a person whose younger relative came to work in the same company. 80% professional, 10% forgetting you're at work and 10% volunteering them for the 'coffee runs' because if you can't trust your little cousin with your coffee order, who can you trust?

✨*They're not siblings(1), Kazuto hasn't grown up with Shiori(2) (he lived 12-15 years with his own family (Japanese middle school), ~3 with Shiori's folks and then got an apartment from grandpa & went to uni), he's already lived a whole life as someone unrelated to her(3).
    I know there are some countries that frown on relationships between cousins (Japan ain't one of them btw) but with those 3 points above, there is no real squick factor unless someone superimposes their relationship with their own cousins on these characters.

✨*Niisan, gege and oppa, etc. are a cultural thing for which we don't really have an equivalent. YES, it means big brother. But it's also for young men you're close to! Many asians call older women they're close to auntie. If you become attracted to a Ning-jiejie from Class B you're not really crushing on your older sister. She calls him Kazu-nii because he is a young man who is a cousin & close friend. I don't know if this will change but by chapter 29 she never thinks of him as her brother, never refers to him as her brother. Again, there is no real squick factor unless someone superimposes their relationships on these characters.

✨*It's a comedy! If Maria acted like that irl, she would be shunned. A lot of things are lost across cultures but even in the west that sort of self-centered, self-entitled behavior is frowned upon.And Maria is Shiori's perfect foil so as readers we tend to forget that Shiori herself is just as human and fallible as anyone else & things that she finds weird or scary, might not be! Fact: she let an attractive boy who was a near stranger (Katsuragi) sleep with his head in her lap. (After studying every day for months and working together for months with Shibuya (class rep) she says they're only acquaintances, not really friends yet. Chapter 20+, I'll look for the quote. And her meetings with Katsuragi could be counted on one hand with fingers to spare!)
    Yet she didn't find it scary & even petted Katsuragi's hair while he was sleeping.
    She's allowed to molest a sleeping boy
    but Kazuto stepping close to her while they're watching fireworks is makes her heart feel funny? And is somehow strange?Double standards in shoujo fiction are so amusing.

So we have a ~16y.o girl who is slowly (1000% sllowwwerrr than reality because it's shoujo romance not josei) discovering romance & an older male relative (degree of relation +/- close, based on how you interpret him having lived this whole other life before meeting her & in his second life, meeting her only in his teens) who is in love with her and wants to give her space to grow up (normal. healthy) but doesn't want to lose her to any horny teenage boy (possessive but relatable).

TLDR: I don't think Kazuto/Shiori is wrong (for a great many reasons) but I'm not really trying to convert anyone.
    We're all free to sail the ship we want. Let the seas churn from the greatness of the fleet and so on...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  12. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kind of cute how you're just like shipping them.

Go Kazu X Shiori!

13. I_am_one_Hell_of_a_Butler

Reading List:
    Link
    Small fact: I don't really care who anyone ships who with unless the other party is
    1. Sh*tty
    2. F*cking annoying
    3. A jerk
    4. ... Has no brains

Reandayo likes this.
  14. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im sorry but im just really confused???? is this reverse harem??? like at some point all the ml will eventually fall in love with shiori???

16. kcis

kcis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems like it is (tho I doubt the childhood friend would be, he's too hung up with Maria but yeeees)

17. erujitsukki

erujitsukki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm sobbing TTTT i was so onboard with katsuragi x shiori...i like kazuto, personally, but katsuragi is a better match for shiori tbh TTTTT

18. Seshiru99

Seshiru99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kazu-nii, Katsuragi-kun or Iinchou... any of them is fine to me!

19. IHaveNoIdeaWhyImHere

IHaveNoIdeaWhyImHere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody knows where I can read the chapters for volume 2? idk why but novel updates's chapters aren't working for me

20. Rock_N4

Rock_N4 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me know if you find where to read the other chapters, I only found the first 16 chapters on novelcool,,,

IHaveNoIdeaWhyImHere likes this.