LCD Free Life Fantasy Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 6, 2020.

1. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure there was an "if" in the statement about wanting meat.

2. cryum

cryum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given the situation, crafting mats might've been useful. Since the events were focused on mass-producing low level stuff, frontline mats would be more expensive or simply not available. If a dedicated crafter bumped up a tier making beginner stuff, then the crafting pack would get an early peek at what's next.

Besides, the materials would also give a hint as to what monsters will be at the next tier, or give an understanding of what the game identifies as "random set".

As for the xp booster, a pvp competitor would seriously consider it to get on top of the meta.

The SP reward is definitely more reliable, of course, particularly for the SP-hungry MC.

lohwengk likes this.
  3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I'm the grind kind of player, so depending on the game (black desert for instance is a pain) I would rather get materials to help me level my skills, rather than the points. Really is depending on the game, i got into WoW around the end of Burning Crusade, and wandered through the portal around level forty looking for tailoring mats. Just wish that kind of thing was still possible, if you got the skill or tenacity you can just go wherever....

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would there be skeleton and zombie versions of a golem...?

5. flannan

flannan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely, MC's school is prestigious enough to have higher-than-average number of players, as the game hardware is still expensive.
    If the teachers in that school are paid well enough to buy that, it's reasonable to suppose it's a private school for rich people, or at least a prestigious school in a rich neighborhood. I am under impression that normally teachers aren't paid well, maybe it's different in Japan?

I think the cost of summoning is in bodies consumed by the dark ritual, not mana. And that is capped by skill AND requires farming, AND is lost if the summon dies.

jacobpaige, DarkZealot and lohwengk like this.
  6. cryum

cryum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it's necromancy, not golemy.

The implication here is that the ritual uses the body to replicate a living creature, rather than the original corpse. Since it's like that, it's more believable that body modifications are unlocked from the start. Rather than analyzing the creature itself, the blueprint process would be scanning the (animation)bones to generate the motor functions for the AI to use. Since the golem is [Humanoid], it is classified as a [Humanoid] zombie and uses the same framework for construction.

The possible downsides are the inability to use the original creature's active abilities, such as elemental spells or poisons. For specific techniques or martial arts, there's also the chance that the zombie just won't be able to do it because of subtle differences in how the body was put together.

Being able to edit the blueprint itself and go spore 3.0 would significantly raise the skill ceiling for making a good zombie.

All speculation, of course.

DarkZealot likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It costs both, but I think Capacity is returned when the servant is unsummoned. Not sure about when it dies though. Regardless, Capacity seems to be fairly easy to get, so it wouldn't be that hard to grind up enough to summon something well above her level if she wanted to solo a zone guardian or something. The mana would be the real roadblock, but I'm pretty sure that we've seen items that increase max mana already, so its a problem that could be solved with money.

8. cryum

cryum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue is how long it would take to regrind the capacity. That much time spent kicking around weaklings is better spent levelling other skills, and if you spend it killing things your level you sacrifice the regular loot.

Given her kit, it's unlikely for MC to try the more expensive necromancy options. Her orbs will let her cheat and have zombies with abnormally high AI relative to how many magic stones she gets.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  9. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Paying extra doesn't make it higher level, it just gives it better base stats. She still has to level it up, through xp, or by feeding it magic stones, it may be capped at her level though (at least now that the admins are aware she glitched it once).

10. flannan

flannan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I re-read that part, and when the servant dies, 10-20% of the capacity involved is gone. Even more is gone if the servant was "purified", which probably means "killed by holy magic".
    Which suggests that indeed, capacity is returned in full when the servant is unsummoned.

Also, capacity is easy to get when you have a premium race like "Immortal Princess", but ability to raise Capacity by just consuming corpses isn't available to ordinary necromancers. They have to, at least, do some crafting to build it up.
    Thus, it is likely that Capacity was intended to be the main limitation on the power of the summoned servants.

11. Lestr22

Lestr22 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is so awsome i binge all chapters a now everyday i check if there is new chapter even though i know the release schedule is on monday and friday

12. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feels like Food Life Fantasy Online sometimes lol.

jacobpaige likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Sexual Call has higher priority, and instead of AI, it’s GMs who manually deal with it.” I wonder how many people they'll have to ban before players stop using Sexual Call for non-sexual harassment related problems, simply because they don't feel like waiting or dealing with an AI.

14. cryum

cryum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You dont need to ban to put a stop to that. Automated reporting is often still faster than manual, especially when they heavily control player population in waves.

If someone does it because they want to flirt with the GM, the system is likely going to send samesex GMs for harrasment calls. Just that alone gets rid of most of the issue.

If they need someone to hear out their complaint, they can be automatically flagged as lower priority.

15. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankfully it's fiction and it's advanced enough to impose a good AI... Unlike some certain streaming site and their "AI" lol... But honestly the count isn't as bad atm when they limit the playerbase this much to manually moderate these kinds of issues

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a week long event, but you're only allowed to log out four times? Are they trying to kill their hardcore players?

17. cryum

cryum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You missed the accelerated time part. They didn't say how much faster time will flow, but the logout restriction is to prevent health concerns of repeatedly messing with how fast a brain thinks.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It was saying it would be a week in RL wasn't it? If so, then accelerating time would actually make things worse. If not, it would still have a negative impact on people's health, especially the hardcore gamers who wouldn't logout without being forced. They'd still be experiencing the full week after all, and as the chapter itself said, its more stressful on the brain than normal play.

19. cryum

cryum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “The time experienced is seven days, so the exp will be sweet!”

That means the total Accelerated Time is a week. The actual amount of time the event will take in the real world is not stated. Enough to need to use the toilet or eat, but probably only once.

20. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    For people who might be confused at chapter 104 公式掲示板 13 when they discuss about some things.

Ajotto/Ajot
    [​IMG]

Haa~ Sappari, Sappari