Recommendations First time with GL

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by cosmicimmortal, Aug 14, 2020.

1. cosmicimmortal

cosmicimmortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm a pretty big BL fan but recently I've either read most of the nu novels or I've decided not to read due to certain factors so I'm looking for something new.

I'm not to fond of BG romance so I was thinking if I could get any suggestions of GL novels you've enjoyed.

I've never read any novel so I would be going into this blind it also means I have no particular criteria as I don't even know what the common tropes are.

So throw at me any suggestions of GL novels and maybe like a bit about it. Thanks!!!

Rania want to QT and Moonpearl like this.
  2. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    What's your favourite sort of BL? I can try and pick some GL that suit your tastes.

cosmicimmortal likes this.
  4. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel
    Clear and Muddy Loss of Love completed
    Female General And Eldest Princess completed
    Villainess, I’ll Pamper You
    Villainess With a Cat Changing System
    Abused Female Lead And Beautiful Villainess (Quick Transmigration Suggest you to read raw, it was great world hopping with cunning and shameless MC.
    The Witch Nichang
    Princess, Spare My Life
    She is the Protagonist
    Who Moved My Ashes
    Marry First, Love Later
    The Hero ([​IMG] ) Hypnotized The Demon King ()
    My Wandering Spirit Lady
    Yuri in Which the World Will End in Ten Days

5. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really loved Villainess I'll Pamper You (it's QT though so idk if you like those)

Raising a Zombie King is also solid

As for Japanese, Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady is like the best yuri otome game setting out there. Well, I Favor The Villainess is also a good otome based one

Milanin, Moonpearl and Yandere Devil like this.
  6. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
  7. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Woo, the effort is real

But I also recommend Tamen De Gushi for beginners as well as Mage & Demon Queen and Fluttering Feelings.

Yandere Devil and cosmicimmortal like this.
  8. Mr. Meh Man

Mr. Meh Man Subtly suggests yuri

Reading List:
    Link
  9. cosmicimmortal

Reading List:
    Link
  10. cosmicimmortal

Reading List:
    Link
    I quite like QT and also stand alone transmigration. And I've been reading some basic modern day novels. But if the plot is interesting enough I'm up for anything.
    I won't even say no to omgeaverse which I know is highly controversial haha

Moonpearl likes this.
  11. cosmicimmortal

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!! QT is a fave of mine too

12. cosmicimmortal

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the late reply~! I ended up becoming busy with the end of the Yuri Garden competition and some ill health.

I haven't read many of our QT stories, and I've managed to lose the one I was reading earlier, but I can list off normal transmigration and some other interesting ones.

"The General’s Manor Young Concubine Survival Report" - A short, completed story about a woman who wakes up as a cannon fodder in a female general's house. Believing herself to be genre savvy, she jumps to the conclusion that she's stuck in a typical "hated consort fights her way into the general's heart", but in a yuri world. Rather than worrying about the lesbianism, she throws herself at the general's feet as a repentant and loving wife - only to learn that she's supposed to be her love rival.
    It's a heartwarming comedy with a silly MC and a serious love interest. This is also one of my favourites - I like that the MC's logic makes sense to readers, even though she ends up making herself look stupid.

"Didn’t Know General Was Female" - A second chance novel where the stuck-up MC lives a miserable life and then chokes to death on watermelon. After waking up as her twelve year-old self, she decides to avoid her bad life by pursuing the boy her family looked after as a child - who she was originally mean to, but who grew up to be one of the country's best generals. She has no idea that the boy is in fact a girl in disguise.
    Another one of my all-time favourites, both the MC and the love interest are silly and dense in their own way.

"Entertainment Circle Ancient Female General" - I'm not far through this one, but it's a reverse transmigration where an ancient female general with a tragic life wakes up in the body of a woman in the modern world. She decides to fulfill the woman's dream of becoming a star in the entertainment industry.

"Transmigrated Into a Smashing Asura Girl" - A woman transmigrates into a female cannon fodder in one of those terrible male wish fulfillment cultivation novels, entering during her wedding selection ceremony. In her panic, she accidentally chooses to marry one of the male lead's favourite harem members and becomes his rival in love.
    I like this one a lot because the female lead is one of those "cold and untouchable beauties" that the male lead only "gets" by raping. Because of the MC's intervention, she's not only saved, but the male lead gets dragged through the mud like the piece of crap that he is.

"My Disciple Consumes Too Much" - A great comedy about a sickly woman who reincarnates as a pig in a cultivation world. She's adopted by an incredibly beautiful pig-loving immortal but, instead of getting a luxurious life, she finds out that the immortal is so bad at pig-raising that the thousands she had before died. Her only hope of survival is communication and to cultivate into a human form.

"When the Hacker is Forced to Marry" - This has a sci-fi setting that's similar to Omegaverse, but is its own genre called "Sentinel". A princess who's a genius hacker spends her life pretending to be stupid and ugly, avoiding marriage. Unfortunately, she still isn't able to avoid being forcefully paired off. To escape her unwanted marriage, she breaks out to make a life for herself and find love on her own. However, her lover ends up being the person she was supposed to marry.
    (The MC's cunning and talented, so this is really fun. I'm also not very far into this one, but it seems that the Sentinel setting is about mutual support, as opposed to the typically abusive Omegaverse setting)

"My Disciple Wants to Tease Me Every Day" - This is basically a yuri version of "Every Day the Protagonist Wants to Capture Me". The story and title are so similar that no one can convince me that this isn't intentionally and very honestly based on it.
    The MC transmigrates into a talented and beautiful cultivator, tasked with a troll system that forces her to help the story's female lead. The story's lead is a cursed child who lives a miserable life and becomes blackened, eventually destroying the world, so the MC collects her as a child and tries to raise her to be a good person, despite the prejudice she faces.
    However, the female lead just turns into a blackened yandere and hilarity ensues.
    I'm not the biggest fan of either of these two novels (this one or the BL one, I mean), but it's a good choice for anyone who likes "Every Day the Protagonist Wants to Capture Me".