Discussion can you tell me what im experiencing?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by yanpi, Aug 16, 2020.

1. yanpi

yanpi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i read novels whole day when im not doing anything or have free time. maybe a maximum of 50 chapters or more but not less than 10. i always read to before i sleep or sometimes i feel sleepy too when reading. what i want to know if anyone experience this, when im reading sometimes i fell asleep but the moment i fell asleep my mind keeps continuing the novel in my head the story sometimes make sense sometimes it doesnt, i know this because its not the continuation of the one im reading. suddenly i wake up and realize that the one in my mind is not really the continuation of the one im reading. so i continue to read until my eyes feel tired and go to sleep.

second situation.
    when im too engrossed by the story but i really need or want to sleep. i cant sleep comfortably because the novel keeps going in my head continuing even tho it doesnt make sense. then i wake up feeling frustrated because my mind or brain keep going. the only thing i do is think of other things so i can sleep again comfortably.

remember i only read at least 10 chapters a day.

Ahmya and Liola like this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens to me occasionally too when I read too much, that is why I alternate between reading the chapters and memes or go and do something else till the drowsiness is gone or just take a nap

otaku31 likes this.
  3. Drunk2nLink

Drunk2nLink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I don't get this, but I get a similar situation, where when I read it turns into a movie in my head, and that movie is like a daydream, so I zone out while reading, and it makes it possible for me to fall asleep with my eyes open(they close in my sleep), but I don't ever remember falling asleep.

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a projection of your subconscious, taking its cues from what you've read and building up from there. It's the same as imagining/predicting the next sequence of events as you read a novel, expect this time it's more involuntary and random? as you're dreaming.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  5. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens to me too. It probably happens to a lot of ppl who read these novel like we do(binging).

Imo it's our imagination doing it's work in our dreams. I don't think it's a bad thing though... So enjoy the story that the author wrote and then enjoy the version that your brain creates! :blobReach:

otaku31 likes this.
  6. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Google the symptoms. Its cancer.

Ahmya likes this.
  7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    that one~

it condition you try to process something while on half tired moment~

well put it nicely your mind focus on one matter so much to point it drift to your dream~
    put it badly you thinking too much~

it not really rare thing cuz it can happen to other subject usually when you encounter serious problem~ hmm mental state~ psychology? physiology problem perhaps?

Nightow1 and otaku31 like this.
  8. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... Ah ur reply makes a lot more sense... Good job explaining what i wanted to explain in a much better way blobmelt_thumbs

otaku31 likes this.
  9. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    What am I, WebMD?

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  10. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    It's happens to me too.

Specially if I'm too absorbed to the novel I'm reading.

I usually read Nov before without sleeping. I won't stop until I finished it and sometimes I just fell asleep unconsciously. I was so emerse from that world in the novel that I thought that I was still reading it.

Hahaha...

It a fun experienced!!

o((*^▽^*))o

11. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are maybe a natural born novelist? Is the continuation you come up with any good?

12. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to take a break. You need to completely stop reading novels for a week, at least. If you need to read something, get some magazines. You need to break the continuity of stories and fill your mind with lots of bits of other things for a while.

I've experienced something similar a few times when I was playing certain games, I guess to almost addiction level. One such game was a pac-man clone I was playing for hours every day. And during the non-play periods, my mind was still constantly "playing" it, picking paths, anticipating the ghosts, etc. I'd "see" the game (and I mean literally SEE the game as it overlaps my vision) while showering, while commuting, while eating, while watching TV, and even while talking with people. I think Jezzball, Diablo, and Starcraft were other ones, but they weren't as severe.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  13. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    It might be also that you've been too engrossed to the story that you unconsciously self-inserted yourself into it... Hence the subconscious you have, then it also comes with the things you read jumbled up that can make nonsensical stories that somehow match or not.

About second one...
    Congratulations! Everyone does have that when getting cliffhangers or sorts... As sadly as it can be. It's a common bibliophile tendency.

14. yanpi

yanpi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg, thank goodness im not the only one. thank you for your input guys.

15. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Menopause/andropause? :hmm:

16. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    First one has happened to me quite a few times when falling asleep. Unless it's somehow harmful in a way I don't know, I think it's a fun thing- it's just like a nice dream about a topic I'm interested in which I can actually remember (remembering dreams is rare for me).

17. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This but with fanfics. I don't even know if Shirou's circuits being low quality is canon or not anymore.

MrSplashy likes this.
  18. preylawn

preylawn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read some beautiful books about human design. These types of books help me to promote my knowledge.

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  19. preylawn

preylawn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this is interesting to me. I never fall asleep while reading. If it's entertaining, I spend the night reading and fuck up my sleeping regime. If it's boring enough to make me sleep, I drop it. If I'm very engrossed in the plot, I might have interesting dreams, but they're not related to the novel. They're just more imaginative than usual.