The end of the KM

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Walter vi Britannia, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time I spoke its name my comments got redacted so is it safe to say its name now that its gone?

Anyway, that site is finally gone. I mean, it was a shit site but I'd be lying if I said I didn't spend basically my whole early teenage years on it. But it was about time it got taken down. People don't seem to care a lot either other than how they can get their bookmarks back. As someone who never bookmarks and only keeps it open in another tab I'd never have this problem.

But anyway, its big news. One of the biggest aggregate sites are down. I wonder if it'll stay that way.
    The sister site of theirs that hosts novels have been down for over a year so there's hope but they closed down for different reasons and of their own decision.

Edit: And it seems KA too! Well, that's a problem. I don't know where else to watch anime...but then again I don't really watch anime anymore. Know any legit free sites to watch animes?

2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    muse asia in youtube iirc.

natsume142 likes this.
  3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mangadex always open. (still debatable depending on what they'll change)

It's mainly because of the new Japanese Copyright Law that made those leech sites... disappear.

On that note, NovelUpdates may be affected so watch out for that. Bring out your NU bookmark just to be safe.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  4. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    Only cared about the comment section and my bookmarks.
    Oh well, sucks that the years of accumulation I did with my book marks is lost.
    Anyone know any alternatives or is that not allowed to discuss here?

5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    All the aggregators have been getting shut down lately. If they run ads then they're especially prone to getting targeted because they're literally stealing money from official publishers.
    In the end, new aggregators will always pop up when the old ones close but once they build up a certain momentum then they run the risk of getting shut down.

You can watch anime for free on Crunchyroll and funimation. There are also plenty of Youtube channels showing anime for free e.g. muse, ani-one etc.

natsume142 and Sabruness like this.
  6. emiliers

emiliers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't Crunchyroll free except for the latest episode? Well, their catalogue is less robust outside of NA, but still.

As for manga, I usually stick to Manga Plus now (for licensed manga, at least).

7. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my friends migrated to nelo, but I did suggest MangaDex to them.

8. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I'm trying manga dex at the moment. I don't know if the Site is having problems but man is it slow as hell.

9. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    anime?

You can try gogoanime, or kickassanime

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm this cat hope manga and anime industry open more international market, come on it begging money!
    BUT!!!!!
    recent bad slander fakku butthole facist(yes those are facist! forcing one idea upon other based on their value such what nazi did on past) so called sjw? upon manga and anime make this cat slightly doubt it will smooth thing for more anime and manga get international ver~ legally~

anyway there plenty other sites~

11. one eye

one eye Aspire to became NEET

Reading List:
    Link
  12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
  13. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks fake, even the site is a generic aggregator site

Sabruness likes this.
  14. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if it would realy have the effeckt that the JP govermentt think it will have. Afterall, most of the readers/watchers are those that would normaly be unable to read/watch without those kind of sites (atleast for the western audience, don't know about the JP).
    And lets say that 1% of that otherwise unobtainable audience buys some merch, that is another soutce of income, that otherwise would be unobtainable.
    Well the main problem is that it's been going on for to long. So by taking down all those sites, they risk actualy lowering the income of the parties thats been pirated. Not rasing it as the plan was when reworking the online piracy law.

PS. This is just my opinion, it is by no way a fact.

Sabruness likes this.
  15. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Unexpected flow of new users makes the server throw tantrums. upgrades are planned, reportedly, to bump capacity. the irony being that the servers were upgraded a few months back when that other huge manga aggregator got nuked and people flooded to MD which caused it to slow the hell down. i suppose that shows how many people used the shitty kiss sites.

runsing, kenar and juniorjawz like this.
  16. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    It happened before, poor MangaDex always getting overflowing servers everytime an aggregator dies.