Discussion What do you guys think about human extinction?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Aug 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished reading this website:
    https://www.livescience.com/earth-without-people.html

Ok, so from my opinion, I'm gonna say that it's fine for humans to extinct. Why? Cause humans have done many damage and destruction on the surface of the earth and in water and even on the air!! Humans even destroy animal habitats, plants, the beautiful environment and so on.

Humans are selfish, they think more about developments and businesses. Leaders betray people, war breaks out, and many more.

I'll stop here before I exceed more than 3 novels (I don't know how to say this term in English actually).

So what do you guys think? Do you agree with humans extinction or not?

imK likes this.
  2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, no? I like to be alive and think humans are great. Plus, everything else on the planet will go extinct some day anyway even without us. In fact, humans are pretty much the only chance most animals will get to not go extinct. Also, there's absolutely no reason to think there's any intrinsic value to animals and plants if there aren't any humans there to observe them.

Shizukani, imK, Lucenda and 11 others like this.
  3. naghi32

naghi32 The Loner

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no qualms either way, wether humans go extinct or not doesn't matter to me.

rustytimetraveler, imK and Fallion like this.
  5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, because all life will end someday, even planets, galaxies and the universe, death is inescapable, so yes again, I believe in extinction.
    As for the humans extinction, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't believe in it :hmm:

rustytimetraveler, imK and orematcha like this.
  6. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a technology geek. While I'm having difficulty drumming up faith in humanity, I think it's stupid wishing for it to be wiped off the planet because we're not even close to the point where technology can self-invent itself. And if no one was around to appreciate it, what's the point?

So no.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    rustytimetraveler likes this.
  7. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Inquisitor here is the heretic.!!!!!!

MrSplashy likes this.
  8. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Nein, Humanity might be one of the "baddest/evil/etc" existence out there but there's as much good inside of us. It only takes one moment for it to shine through. Just watch for rescue volunteers, charity runs, etc. I don't honestly know why people always think "Hurr Durr Human Bad, Human should go die." and I am absolutely confused and baffled on how could you and everyone who has the same mindset think about it. It's natural for any living species to exploit their area's natural/man-made resources and will continue to do so until we eventually die out and reverts back to the stone age.

Unless they use other forms of resources, fuels, etc to use then living beings that are much like us will continue to do so. We, Humans, are both weak, selfish, hypocrites, and many other things but we are also innovative, have the drive to explore the boundaries of space, and would/will always dream big. Though I am of the same opinion that our environment would need to be preserved and that environmental laws should be strictly enforced so that we won't ruin any more of our beautiful natural landscapes, sceneries, etc. Humanities greatest strength lies in their unity(when they're united under some goals), ingenuity, innovativeness, and most of all our drive to explore the unknown. I don't know why anyone would wish for our extinction unless they're hostile aliens or something.

rustytimetraveler and Diametric like this.
  9. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

imK and MrSplashy like this.
  10. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, i'm not sure. What about you go first since you are human too. I'm sure covid-chan would glad to help.

11. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
  12. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just kill corrupt humans, about 20-40% of humanity would die with 95% of politicians, super rich people would die and k dare say that 99.9% of north korea and china goverment would perish.

imK likes this.
  13. Klazy Labbit

Klazy Labbit Peko peko peko~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm.....Interesting. A world without humans might thrive but I want humans to live. So what if we exploit the earth, we either learn do it efficiently or die trying it. Humans have bad traits and do many bad things but thats no reason to wish for extinction. The world is not a utopia and it never will be.

imK and MrSplashy like this.
  14. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I would like to live a life of relative comfort and meaning. Anything beyond is none of my issue.

rustytimetraveler and imK like this.
  15. MrBugaw

MrBugaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it kind of selfish to want all humans to die because of a few fuckers here and there? Wanting to be "good" to the point where in order assuage any collective guilt you feel for being human that you're willing to let humanity as a whole die is the epitome of selfishness.

16. Wry Warudo

Wry Warudo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you know what they say: be the change you want to see in the world

17. IICreation

IICreation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally in my opinion, I fail to see any of your reasons as legitimate reasons that it would be good for humans to be extinct from a human point and from a non one (no offense). It is natural for any species to exploit their environment for resources and this is not just humans, we simply do it on a much larger scale. 2nd eventually there will be a planet wide extinction event that wipes out all life on earth due to asteroids or natural disasters and humans are the only one who can realistically get off this planet and preserve as much life as we can as we do so. Also damage to the earth is definitely bad since were still stuck on this planet but ultimately its just one planet out of the billions that exist.

18. Llamadragon

Llamadragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I don't want humans to go extinct, why would I? We have the right to live as much as the next species and, dare I say it, we're a pretty damn magnificent little species on this speck of dust, too.

What I do want to see is humanity as a whole get our act together, though. It's undeniable that at the moment we are unfortunately committing global and collective suicide, or rather the rich parts of the world are doing it and dragging everyone else down with us, and thus you may very well get your wish of human extinction..

Baldingere, imK and Diametric like this.
  19. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
  20. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care, really. I'll die before humanity anyway

imK and Diametric like this.