Free legal anime on youtube

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by DragonMage18, Aug 17, 2020.

?

What do you think about this?

1. Bring back KA you damn mongrel!

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. I will be the pirate king!

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. ...

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. Hell yeah!

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. When is the anime coomming?

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  6. Wher's my wallet... ?

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. What about the manga?!

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link

As mentioned in the video some animation stidios have gone together to start a youtube channel where you can anime for free. With subs in multiple languages including english.
    This way we atleast don't have to pirate the anime we watch, can skip all the middleman buissnes and support the creators more directly.

Currently no anime on the channel. But there is atleast some comming soon acording to the newest video. The libary will inclide both new and old.

S4TY4 and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
  3. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be freaking awesome, but I don't know how sustainable it would be, and youtube censors alot more stuff than crunchyroll, where would i go to see uncensored Ishuzoku reviewers for example?

Sabruness likes this.
  4. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be a good way to kill piracy.

The studios would get some revenue from targeted ads but I don't think that the big studios will choose this over a contract with Crunchyroll or something. Greedy arses.

Arash1 and DragonMage18 like this.
  5. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    mm (not very) recently, I found 2 legal anime channels on youtube

DragonMage18 likes this.
  6. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Muse Asia is where I watch Slime and some other random stuff.

Crunchyroll decided to ban themselves in my country so pirates ahoy everyone~ yarr~ blob_crime

DragonMage18, Amaruna Myu and ZeroJAM like this.
  7. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Muse

DragonMage18 and ZeroJAM like this.
  8. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    You can also checkout museasia... It is also a legal channel. The way I see it, vanilla anime without any need for censoring have no issue. YouTube was anyways the classic place to start watching anime back in the day. But the anime with censorship issue.. Well, we follow the Will of D.

DragonMage18 and ZeroJAM like this.
  9. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...most of us foreign people came to know about anime from those pirate sites and now, Japan is closing that door.
    Personally I have no problems with it. The recent animes have lost their originality and full of same of cliché plots. So, I will feel no pain in ending my anime watching career in the future.
    The Japanese can keep their spineless nice guy protagonists, and their perverted inchest loving ideas to themselves. Why waste money when I can have those ideas myself, for free!

DragonMage18 likes this.
  10. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
    Muse Asia is my favorite youtube channel right now. They have some of my favorite anime like slime isekai, OPM and Asobi Asobase. They've been in operation for 2 years already I think.

shyja, DragonMage18 and ZeroJAM like this.
  11. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Back a few years ago, I am pretty sure either Funimation or Viz(or both) posted their anime on Youtube for a while.

DragonMage18 and Sabruness like this.
  12. ..

.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More sites like gundaminfo? I can get behind that.

13. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think as youtube caters to companies more now I don't think they'll mind it that much.

14. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The idea is great. It's a way for the creators to get something without the middleman (crunchy, etc...) It'd be great if the author and animators, not just the studio got to have a share in ad revenue that goes with every view. Bec. they tend to get a one time fee and get screwed over(especially animators, who live below the poverty line, while studios reap all the money).

It would be very successful if there was an expansive collection, even those licensed or belonging to other studios could each get their share . But it'd be all on youtube. Like the mall concept. All you want in one place.

That said. I had posted a thread about giving novel authors a share of ad revenue before. I got the feedback that ad revenues barely support the website (I'm sure that's not the case for youtube though?)
    I was also criticized by aspiring authors who said they deserved to get paid as soon as they finished their work (by publishers) and that even if they didn't distribute to foreign countries, that they had a right to reject their work being on such platforms.

So the main problem would be that publishers or copy right holders who pay creators, may not want their work on youtube bec. they're already selling it somewhere (even if not internationally) and charging money for it. So having it for free somewhere else would be...

It's a good start though. And honestly I hope they upload all unlicensed animes and put the new ones there and not license it. Coz the regional restrictions on Crunchy and others suck.

15. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Would probably be some delay from the official release (first airing), by a week or two. so their revenu stream should not be afected to much.
    Add that to the possibility for adding adds, lets just say $1 pr. 1k views (as far as I have heard from youtubers who actualy meke it public it is on the lower scale of the spectrum). They get 300M views pr. month. that would equal to $300k every month in revenue (tho it has to be split acordingly to each studio). that is actualy not numbers I can see happening, if they get the word out about their channel and people use it. Even if they don't get as many views it should stil be possible for them to get a sponsorship, or just have a short merch promotion in the begining, the end or instead of the 5-10min commersial in the middle of it.
    So as long as the do it right it should be possible to meake a killing out of it.

As far as I know the website youtube have always gone in the red, never been a single year of profit for it. With one of the saving grazes being it's shear size, just shuting youtube down would be the same as throwing away a gold mine with a ginormus goldvein, simply cause the method of of ectracting the gold is currently more expencive than the gold you can extract can sell for...
    So yeah... The site is making multiple creators live lifes of luxury, and make 10s of thousands of people earn their living of of the site. but can't even provide for itself...

Fictionaddiction likes this.
  16. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    300k a month would be very good, but I don't think an anime would get 30m views a month.

17. ..

.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a channel though? with multiple animes?