Discussion First ever

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Deleted member 267874, Aug 18, 2020.

?

What did you read/saw first?

This poll will close on Aug 18, 2030 at 6:36 AM.
  1. Anime

87.5%
  2. Manga

6.3%
  3. Novel

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Deleted member 267874

Deleted member 267874 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So , which was your first ever anime and manga if you remember.
    Thanks.:blobmelt::blobmelt:

RaiLi and BooBoo like this.
  2. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    actually, it was probably salor moon or something like that but the one i count would probably No.6

Deleted member 267874 likes this.
  3. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ranma1/2....

Uhh...can i redo my life's choices again?

4. pho-real

pho-real Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A cousin introduced me to anime when I was young, and now that I think about it, one of them was probably not appropriate for my age lol. I can't remember which anime was my exact first one, but it was one of these three: Prétear, Angelic Layer, or RahXephon.

Then shortly after, that same cousin showed me the Yu-Gi-Oh manga (so this would be my first time reading manga) after I watched the 4Kids version of Yu-Gi-Oh. I remembered thinking something along the lines of - da fuq, why is this so dark and scary?! :blobjoy:

5. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My first anime was Pokemon, but I didn't know it was anime at the time and just watched video casette tapes. The first anime I knew was anime and actively sought it out online was either Bleach, One Piece, or Naruto.

6. Yumiko Heartfilia

Yumiko Heartfilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My first anime was Pokemon, I guess
    My first Manga was kaichou wa maid-sama

7. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, my first ever is either Pokemon or Doraemon. Can't really recall which came first. As for manga, it's One Piece, but I never got to finish reading it though. It's too long and tedious. The only series i read to finished was Hikaru no go manga

8. RaiLi

RaiLi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I first started watching Anime because my sisters were full of otakus then a few years later I started reading manga, then my older sister then introduced me to read novels.

My first manga I read was either Boku to Senpai no Tekken Kousai or Love is Hard for an Otaku in manga rock.:blob_teary:
    My first novel I read was Doomed to be a Cannon Fodder. I started reading novels last year.
    I don't really remember my first Anime..... I think it was Detective Conan.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  9. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont really consider Pokemon or yu-gi-oh (or anything that was mainstream on western tv in the 90s-00s) as anime (to my perception at least) so i wont answer them.

the first anime that really brought me into otakudom was a nice little series called Library Wars. A nice anime (based on a quadra of novels) about the dangers of censorship to "protect" people from different themes. The censorship was kind of political correctness gone absolutely stark raving bonkers including censorship of harmless words... which is kind of ironic given the trend of oppressive wokedom wanting to censor things for stupid or no reasons. Almost prescient in it's themes.
    I'm not sure what my first manga was.
    my first novel might have been Highschool DxD but i'm not 100% sure though.

10. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched one of Game Theory's videos on SAO and thought it was a cool premise, so I watched that first. My friend was into anime and had been trying to get me into it for a while, too, so I gave it a shot.

Then I watched some trashy anime which I don't remember, then KonoSuba which my friend recommended. I don't remember the order of them after that.

I think I started to read manga after seeing youtube videos discussing manga and webcomic stuff about One Punch Man, and I think I got into Asian novels from wanting to read the source material of some anime I watched (either No Game, No Life, Classroom of the Elite, or OreGairu, I don't remember which).

11. Uzi30

Uzi30 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably dragon ball/ yugio but had no idea they were anime. Just thought they were cartoons. But the first one i watched knowing it was an anime and searching for it was rosario + vampire.
    First manga might have been hajiotsu or not lives
    I really loved hajiotsu and Not lives (might have name wrong) was also a favorite of mine. Both of these took me a while to finish because device i read them on was lost. So took me years later to finish them after i started getting back into manga. lucky for they both finished by the time i got back to them
    No game no life and death march would be my first LN.

12. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably 'Saint Seya', I am not sure to be honest :hmm:

13. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Crayon Shin-chan

14. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime: Voltus V
    Manga: not quite sure TBH, but probably Doraemon

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  15. 25th bamm

25th bamm A Self-proclaimed Normal Reader and Tea lover

Reading List:
    Link
    My first anime was Say I Love You.
    I dont remember what my first manga was but it was probaly a cancelled anime.

16. Kogal Koi

Kogal Koi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doraemon!
    We want the robot cat!
    Btw talking about Doraemon, its movie that give me a lot of impact is the one that have dinosaur in it, Piisuke? My teacher playing that movie in our class when he introduce us about Dinosaurs.
    Oh man the boys in my class making a trend to roleplaying the dino for a whole week kaka.:LOL::LOL:

17. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    As a kid I watched:
    Yattaman, Capitan Tsubasa, General Daimos, Gigi, Tiger Mask, ... there was some racing anime I don't remember the name of, Mowgli, and possibly something else. A bit later came Pokemon.

The first anime I watched as a teenager was Hellsing, but it was for vampires, so this didn't really begin my anime adventure.

The first two series that started my journey were: Elfen Lied and FMA

My first manga was Death Note. I didn't really feel like reading before that. Picked up the manga when fansubs for DN were hit with C&D mid-series and I didn't want to wait for until somebody picked it up again. So I read the manga instead.

18. Stopitgetaway

Stopitgetaway ↳ [HIATUS] Holy Property

Reading List:
    Link
    For anime, I can’t remember if it was GTO, School Rumble, or Detective Conan. I honestly was super young and was just watching along with my sibling. As for manga, I don’t remember either since I’ve read quite a lot in one go when I was in middle school. I did actively pick up anime after watching Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist tho

19. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what was the first anime I saw, probably either The Moomins or Sailor Moon, though at the time I didn't know what "Anime" was and it was just random episodes airing on tv.
    First anime I saw from beginning to end was Ginga Nagareboshi Gin(although heavily censored), and first anime I saw knowing that it was anime was Berserk(1997), which was also the first manga I read.
    Though the reason I tried Berserk in the first place was because I liked reading fantasy novels.

20. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Saint Seiya (anime) and Yu- Gi-Oh (manga)