LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    idk what to think of Yun Seohui at this point. i do believe she's never viewed Valhalla as an enemy or wanted to be hostile with them, and i can also get behind her saying it was others in the company that wanted to scheme against Valhalla. i could maybe even believe that she really does want to be friends with Seol but it still just seems like theres something shes hiding and theres also the whole Yun Seora aspect to this as well.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the die was cast when he picked Yun Seora to cover him. like the chapter said...if she can't get what she wants, she'd rather destroy it. I think if he had joined hands with her earlier, she would have wholeheartedly supported him...now, idk. Let's see what Roe wants...hopefully it's not a trap.

tkato likes this.
  3. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think its necessarily too far gone though in terms of their relationship on paradise. we'll have to see though how it all plays out down the stretch. at the very least i dont think shes hostile to Yun Seora because i think she would have just let Seora struggle in the neutral zone if they actually had bad blood between them. as for the queen, i have no clue what to expect lol because we know so little about her and its so late in the story. it'll be hard for her to get a lot of development so unless shes just acting like a puppet and bidding her time to act i dont expect much out of her tbh

4. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Kim Hannah didn't think that this slightly important information should be given before the negotiation and Seol didn't think that using his eyes on the executives was necesarry?

I think that he should use the brain washing on dircetor Jang to get everything that he needs to know and if they do something fishy again then he should just destroy Sinyoung. They are not even that important in the war. They have no Executor and now that their ace is dead and they have no side branches they don't have that much power anymore. Their only worth in the first place was selling things from paradise on earth and thus having a lot of money. I also can't remember their people participating in the war. On the contrary they seem to be the main guys who always scheme things in paradise since the first time we saw them. How many chances do they get?

5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you know itd be interesting if it turned out others in Sinyoung were behind this and their plan was to take over Yun Seohui's position as head of the company. at the very least we know from his 9 eyes that its not too late for her to be on his side but it also seems like based on the queens reaction there are still some bad apples left at the top of Sinyoung. maybe thats why Seohui keeps Seora away so she doesnt have to deal with all the inner politics and scheming thats going on. the only issue I see with this theory is why wouldnt Yun Seohui just tell Seol if that was really whats going on, because he could definitely help her if that was the case.

6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    That title

7. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That teaser... did he really? Archer of Steel's girl? Damn...

8. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know, Vulgar Chastity took a lot of Earthlings. But I'd say probably.

9. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bad writing.

Cheap drama that ignores that Jihu was forced multiple times what it means actions lead to consequences. He learned the essence of casaualty & effect, even when his vision was not powerful enough to see through something.. he often went beyond that by acting on that essence.
    He clearly has seen what it means to corner that woman, what result would happen. He should have known that she would try to bring everyone & everything down with her. He has sympathized that Blacky dealt with her in a really bad way... & there was multiple lessons like that, yet here we are with cheap drama & bad writing that ignores all those lessons/experiences.

At first, I thought that it should have ended when he repelled the parasites. It made no sense to continue on, as the only way to continue is for him to be a copy of that guy that scared the shit out of the parasite queen, rise powerful enough sooner or later & dominate everyone. I actually felt that this would happen if they continued like that it felt cheap & cliched. I was happy to see that it was going the route of personal development, training & even development with him & those around him.
    Yet, all that development was made null when we have a Jihu where the development/experiences are ignored. I get that a person often forgets the harsh lessons of life but another thing is forgetting a life lesson that you repeated so many times.

In fact, Jihu was worse than her... he was a worse scumbag than her, why didn't he offer her a path of reform or a path to take punishment to make up for her mistakes? This is just beyond stupid. He could have had her work for him for few years as punishment & dismantle the company, instead of doing it half-baked.
    Even killing her would have been better... as he would know what she could do. This is just stupid.

10. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it stated if the limits of a Divine Wish? I can't remember if it was ever mentioned.

So, I wonder if it was possible to Seonwhaa wish: "Cure my Jihu of his gambling addiction"

11. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jihu screwed up. Unlike in Kim Hannah's case where he made decisions on his own and successfully managed to change her, he was too filled with prejudice against Yun Seohui since everyone kept telling him to not trust her and ignored all the futures in that she could be an ally. It's sort of ironic how the guy who is the prime example of how people can change and become a better person ignored the fact that he could have changed her too.

Shield Loyalist and tkato like this.
  12. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya he messed up big time. especially considering he even used his 9 eyes on her and she was multi colored showing that there were multiple outcomes for her future depending on how he handled it. its sad because i really wanted her to have a good ending in this timeline since we've never actually seen her do anything to cause harm to Seol, but now the only way that happens is with like the power of family or something with Yun Seora but usually thats cheesy and badly written.

13. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, gotta agree. He definitely didn't handle it as best as he could have.

Just gotta see how this mistake comes back at him.

14. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Jihu had at least some bit of trust left when she went to Eva... unfortunately, Black Jihu happened.

But Director Yun is at fault too. I mean, who would be worried when a woman is so sneaky around you and appears to be interested of you.

For all we know, Jihu might've watched Mirai Nikki.

She likely is. I'd doubt that there's a lot of renowned people that were taken by Vulgar Chastity.

I feel bad for Marcel and my aggro towards Shihyun has been stabilized.

15. Arca

Arca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wild theory from chapter 1:
    Blood splattered everywhere. A woman’s dazed gaze fell on the spear impaling her left chest. When she felt the coldness of the blade penetrating her heart, her pupils shook as her body slowly lost strength.

As the woman collapsed to the ground, an owner of an anguished cry rushed to the spearman’s back. The spearman let go of his spear, startled by how quick the voice was approaching him. But that was it. The spearman quickly spun around, swinging his fist at the enemy behind his back.

The target fell backward from the impact. The spearman didn’t stop and swung down his bloody fist once more.

Pow!

The target’s head burst open in an instant. Even then, the spearman didn’t stop. Once, twice, thrice…. He roared and screamed, bashing the target’s head until he finally smashed the man’s skull and brain to pieces.

Only then did he stop his fists and looked around with a pair of bloodshot eyes. He picked up his spear. Then, he kicked off the ground, which was wet with a disgusting mixture of brain matter and human flesh.

The man resembling a demon shot into a swirling fog.

The spearman shown here is likely to be black Seol Jihu since he uses a spear, has an extremely agressive fighting style and is reffered as a demon. Now why did he attacked Teresa? It could be that A) he went mad with rage or B) he betrayed humanity (Yun Seohui mentioned somethin similar to this, that he betrayed humanity for a single girl or something but if that were the case that happened before this instance).
    What do you all think?

16. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bruh...Teresa is the reason he was able to go back in time. She used her fragment of the divine whatever as contribution so gula would send him back. Plus Gula said he kept his end of the promise (to defend paradise presumably) Why would she do that for someone who attacked her and betrayed humanity?

though if that theory is true, that would be interesting...his body was in a terrible state, so there's a chance Teresa didn't recognize him as the one who attacked her.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ill be honest i dont know what the right thing for him to do was with his family. obviously he should have had people looking over them sooner then he did, but even then its not like he could just have bodyguards next to them 24/7 or explain paradise to them. considering the shooting happened the night before id assume that means his family was still under protection but obviously that wasnt enough. maybe the right thing to do was use contribution points to bring them to paradise so he could explain everything but even then his family still has their lives to live so its not like they could have just stayed in Valhalla's building until everythings over. he was clearly too careless though in handling this whole situation. both Seohui and his family could have been better handled

18. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think whats happening now is the breaking down of King Seol.

The last couple arcs have built him up to be an almost larger than life figure, which has mostly cemented his ideals in place. Seol was never good, but he was also never evil. He just did what he thought was best.

Now his ideals are having holes punched through them. The measures he thought were the best have had their flaws clearly shown. His forceful measures are beginning to have dire consequences.

With Gula telling him what he has done is not enough and with his sister having been shot, Seol's most likely going to question himself about everything, meaning he is going to have to go through another change soon or he'll simply break.

I don't think he'll become a better person out of this, if anything he'll probably just become more vicious. But that remains to be seen.

Best guess, since he's been following a pretty opposing path to the Demon of the Battlefield, we'll either see him become something a bit more divine.

19. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im kinda dissapointed the author didnt make Seol the one to try to sneak using a potion on Jinhee to make her heal faster and instead had it be Seonhwa that did that. speaking of Seonhwa im surprised she didnt talk to Seol more about this incident and even paradise. i wonder what her reason is for keeping it a secret from Seol and at this point what would make her reveal it

20. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone remind me the reason they lose their powers when they return to earth? i understand priests and anything given by the gods might disappear, but why all the things they built up on their own?