LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it was ever properly explained. At least I don't remember anything about it. My personal theory is that their bodies on Earth and Paradise are not the same. When they enter the portal their bodies are kept in a time chamber or something and their consciousness is sent to a perfect replicated body the gods made. When they leave Paradise, their paradisian bodies are stored instead, kinda like the Avatar movie I guess, which is why when they die on Paradise they don't really die for real. The Gods wipe out their memories to respect the law of causality (since Earthlings having infinite lives in Paradise would obviously mess up with the balance of the world, so dying on Paradise would be a "real" death, at least in regards to Paradise) and send them back to Earth. That is all just the explanation I came up with since I don't know the real answer either.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  2. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think its been stated earth doesnt have mana (or has so little its basically none) which is why he eventually lost his 9 eyes before going to paradise. so that probably plays a role in them not having their powers on earth as well

3. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he lost his 9 eye because he was using it while not knowing how to handle mana and he burnt the mana circuits the 9 eyes used to function.

4. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Little chick or more like little hypocrite.
    He tells the Spirit kings to forget their long feud with the spirit lords because of the war.
    I mean he's right, what feud can be more important than losing everything in a war.
    But he himself can't open up the spear for the only guy that really cares about the war on the human side and also the only one that can win it. The reason for that apparently because he is not pacisfistic and nice enough in this war.

I'm betting that it will be like the first time that he first needs to see how seol is almost dead so he can finally say that he is nice enough to open up a new slot.
    Not only that he is not accsutomed with his new powers at that time but he is also half dead again.
    Well at least little chick gets enough holy power from Seol so he can be happy and strong. Even the 7 gods trust Seol but he still doesn't. Makes no sense to me.

5. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a major difference between giving up on a feud for past slights and violating the whole reason of your creation. The little chick was created specifically to determine if someone should be worthy of wielding the spear or not. He wasn't created to save humanity or other spirits or other races. He's got one job!

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  6. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I kinda imagine what if seodam was summoned to paradise and work togather with sihyun to kill jihu..
    Cause jihu was written as the very classic protagonist with all that luck sucking feet.
    Reading that other novel make myself root for the enemies instead..

viprei likes this.
  7. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    welp, cant really blame the queen for taking this route. i wonder what ends up happening to her and Seohui though after all this is settled

8. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d say they will probably die. Roe will for sure, either by hesitating and being stabbed in the back by Sung Shihyun or by going all the way with the plan and then commiting suicide afterwards. I don’t see Jihu killing her, since from the chapter’s title and his train of thought he will most likely feel some guilty over what she is doing and will pity her for what happened with Sinyoung. What I am sure is that probably all higher ups on Sinyoung will be massacred by him for what they did to her and what is happening now as consequence. For Seohui, not sure how she will go, but unless she does a 180 in personality and start taking responsibility for what her father and company have done, she will end up dead too.

9. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man... I'm not satistied with how things ended with Yun Seohui. In the teaser
    Yun Seora kills her. Idk if Yun Seohui had more tricks up her sleeve, she had no arms, but who knows what she could have done. Still, they could have crushed her throat and cut off her feet and tongue. Then she shouldn't have been able to do anything and her years long torture could have begun. Killing her after a few years, after her mind was throughly broken would have guaranteed that she would commit suicide the moment she returned to Earth.
    Some people don't read the teasers, that's why it's in a spoiler tag.

Anyways, I wonder how they'll turn things around. Scheherazade has a barrier that even 5 Army Commanders would need a week to take down for and the barrier pushed everyone other than the parasytes out. If it pushed out the ones Roe deemed as enemies and some humans where inside, maybe things could change, but they can't communicate with people in the city... would teleporting inside work?

10. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah...
    Another expedition.

It's the little bro that gets left behind instead of the big sis. Him, administrative members (Hannah and Master Jang) and the newbies whose name I completely forgot.

With the mana sucked up to be used by the barrier, I don't think they'd manage to install a teleport circle.

Also, I don't think anyone in their right mind would stay inside.

Yes, I'm indirectly saying that Roe is crazy. This author really likes crazy women.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hypothetical here but i wonder if Roe demanded Kim Hannah also be killed due to her having a hand in Sinyoung for so long if Seol would do it. i dont think he would but it'd be an interesting twist. also i hope Yun Seora is able to survive, shes hardly been in the novel but the majority of her time in the novel has been really shitty.

12. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, right now Seol is just trying to buy a few hours worth of time. That and well destroying Sinyoung has probably gone higher up his to-do list. I doubt he expects Roe to actually comply even if he meets all of her demands. Let's just say Roe's current demands are somewhat aligned with what Seol wants to do anyway.

13. edberserk

edberserk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The New chapter is getting tense!!! Can somebody spoiler me please!

14. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    edberserk likes this.
  15. edberserk

edberserk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn, its getting super good i wonder how it all plays out and ends

17. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    For real, wtf Jihu. If he had used his points and the elixirs the moment he saw Scherazade in danger he would have killed at least 3 Parasite Commanders and none of this would be happening. Actually he should have done so after leaving the Path of the Soul. It took him 7 years to raise the majority of his stats to High (Low). 8 months considering the time distortion. How long would it take to raise them to another rank? He obviously wouldn’t have the time, as the Parasites wouldn’t stand still for much longer after 8 months of rest. It was unrealistic thinking he would have the luxury of using the Elixirs at his convenience and not by necessity. That fuck up will cost him dearly I am sure. Ffs.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Sea Dog likes this.
  18. Sea Dog

Sea Dog 『Rabid』『Mad Dog』

Reading List:
    Link
    Or at least that would be the case if he wasn't an MC.

19. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows. Maybe he was waiting to see what the executor power-up might be. Maybe he was just holding onto them until he needed them like he did in Arden Valley.

Personally I think all things considered, this was a good move on his part. Holding out until everything is on the table was probably the best strategy he had here.

Glit likes this.
  20. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Hardly the best strategy, for reasons I explained above. He could have easily killed Vulgar Chastity without the other 2 interrupting him, for example. The downsides of holding out are greater than the advantages of the element of surprise. Why wouldn't he want to be as powerful as possible for the obvious confrontation that would happen soon? Say they went to war, no trap involved, and the Parasite Queen descended again and personally dealt with him while the other executors were distracted by the PCs. He would die for sure. And this scenario was entirely possible because PQ descended before and he knew he would be targeted on battle. He fucking cried about getting stronger because of it during the Path of the Soul, he knew he would start getting targeted and wanted to be as strong as possible. And then he didn't do his best to be as strong as possible, he held back because... Why again? He wanted to grow his stats by another rank after who knows how long and only then go all out? TERRIBLE move. What the fuck Jihu.