Discussion [D]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ExcitableFoci, Aug 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Tennou

Tennou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i think it's about the user not the word itself.
    Trap was and will always be used to describe a male character acting feminine and have physic just like a beautiful girl which they also tend to dress up using woman clothes because it look good on them.
    If, anybody was using the word 'trap' as a slur against trans ppl, then it's their fault not the word itself. I think there was a an explanation in my language class that a word meaning is defined by people, so there ought to be people who believe and use it as a slur against trans ppl because they believe it to be so.
    Now this case may become a majority vs minority case, when the majority believe that the word 'trap' is a slur against trans people, then it will be so and the meaning will change from its original intent to a slur and vice versa.

2. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    How old that mod anyways..
    A teen? Or 20/30 neet?

imK likes this.
  3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    People on NUF frequently make degrading comments about trans women being "traps" as "jokes".

Did the people here suddenly lose their memory just as they conveniently wanted to bitch?

Anyway, I don't know much about how the subreddit handled it, but that's another matter.

strayCat0 and Anra7777 like this.
  4. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything that screams something that looks true at first glance is a trap(there's reverse traps too like the girl from haganai). It's not offensive at first since we viewed it at males/females that look feminine/masculine or those who like to crossdress (some are straight like Hideyoshi but you know the drill), but to be fair it would look offensive to trans because it's viewed by others like:

"You think i'm a real woman, BUT IT WAS ME DIO! IS A TRAP!"

But yeah the term evolved badly since transgender has been pit to being a 'trap' that would never be as real as a natural born woman/man...
    It is connected that they say transgender would only amount to being their preferred gender at a glance but will never be a real one.

P.S.
    Hope it won't offend some guys/girls here but you can't please anybody no matter what.

Anra7777 likes this.
  5. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Clinging to something as useless as anime memes, lol. Guess I'm too old, but it really sounds pointless to me. As pointless as clinging to mod status on a toxic forum. They all sound like children with the occasional socially maladjusted adult among them. And I don't have any feelings about the word "trap" other than its inherent cringe factor, but if there are people who feel it impacts them negatively, it's up to them. I don't want to tell other people what to think or feel about some words. But again, banning words also seems pointless to me. Like we can't just create a bunch of other words to use as substitutes.

And after the shitstorm these children made over memes, I don't want to hear anyone mocking teen girls for obsessing over boy groups.

Saorihirai, imK and asriu like this.
  6. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    Trap is not refer to trans people, it was male but look like female. It's to trick people to think that they were female. Not transfobic shit

imK likes this.
  7. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    since when is trap consider as offensive? what kind of bs is this? such snowflakes reaction tbh..

Deleted member 89812 and imK like this.
  8. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not transfobic, it's trap. A male act or look like female to trick the viewers, thats the point. Imagine a crossdresser or Male Cosplayer wearing a female dress, that's trap. Not referring to transgender

imK likes this.
  9. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    I think trap is for anime related though...
    When do people get so easily offended with anime. Trap is different from gay, they look their opposite gender by crossdressing or just by looks which why people mistaken them but they are straight. Trans are totally different than trap so I don't get it.

Besides it's anime meme and some meme can cause trigger to others so it better to toughen up. Meme are jokes and not to be taken seriously. A lot of meme are racist but people still laugh at it. It just like how people find prank funny.

It an anime thread for sake. Trap is literally born from anime. Banning it is kinda stupid.

People have become more weaker and sensitive that they complain on everything.

runsing, imK and Sabruness like this.
  10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    frequently? now where is that coming from? novel discussion? lcd? general chat? spoiler?
    topic about transwomen is rare on nuf unless you consider gender bender on novel is fall into transwomen category closest perhaps trap cosplay?

runsing, imK and A Certain G.I.R.L. like this.
  11. Nyamsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Popcorn meme

12. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Like it or not, when people say they are attracted to girls, most of the time a major part of that is being attracted to vaginas. And when people say they are not attracted to boys, most of the time a major part of that is not being attracted to penises. Because most of the time, people are attracted to sex, not gender.

So for most people who say they are attracted to girls and not boys, if they see a picture of someone who they think is a girl and are attracted to them, when they realise that the girl doesn't have a vagina and does have a penis they will be disgusted. Because they find penises disgusting and not attractive.

Being lured into something you think that is nice and then that thing turning out to make your feel unpleasant, how could that not be defined as a trap?

It's not transphobic at all, it's just that most people are attracted to sex and not gender. If people saw a picture of what looked like a cute girl and then realised "this girl identifies as a man", I'm sure that there wouldn't be any feelings of disgust and it wouldn't be labelled as something like a trap. Because most people are attracted to sex, not gender.

Trans people are people who have changed their gender, but most people's sexual preferences don't care about that. They care about how feminine/masculine someone is, and whether that person has a penis or vagina. If either of those conditions fail then they won't be attracted to that person. And that's not something that can be helped because you can't forcibly change your own sexual preferences.

It has nothing to do with trans people, it's to do with people with penises that look feminine. A lot of trans people fall into this category but not all trans people do, and not only trans people do.

It's like if burgers thought that people who don't like cheeseburgers because they don't like cheese are targeting burgers as a whole. When not all burgers have cheese, and cheese is definitely not exclusive to burgers. They're not targeting burgers, they're targeting cheese. They're not targeting trans people, they're targeting people with a penis who look feminine.

Solracmar, JinVodka, runsing and 2 others like this.
  13. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It highly depends.
    AFAIK "trap" is mainly used for males that look like females, but are still male (aka have a dong down there).

The people who are usually called traps (if it is true according to the above definition) are drag-queens and transsexuals (the TQ in LGBTQ), as well as shemales and some cosplayers.

Now sex is a rather vast and complex (as well as sometimes weird) theme, and judging anyone's kinks can be rather problematic (especially if twitter gets involved).

In my opinion, using the word "trap" to describe someone is fine if:
    - It is an obvious setup (made in good humor) such as a picture of someone in a dress with what looks to be a boner.
    - It is an non-fictional character
    - It is used as a warning to someone who shows interes in a "trap" (in this case I especially exclude those transsexuals who do not have a dong anymore, since the situation of encountering a sword while diving for treasure will not occur)

It is not fine to use it to shame and/or bully people, or to publicly oust them without a need to do so.

I know that queer and "mid-stage" transsexuals might have it rough, but trying to hook up with someone who is not interested in this kind of sex can be considered borderline rape (depending on the situation).

Sabruness likes this.
  14. Naofumi

Naofumi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man people are snowflake these days also a group in Facebook are thinking of having a trap girlfriend is better than a normal one also it's just like the other day when a feminazi was saying that those who watch anime are a rapist so if thing go like this we're gonna have trouble in the future man rather than snowflake these people are a cristal generation also I will say just this once Totsuka if trap become a taboo word we need to remember Totsuka

15. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    People love to take swipes at trans women all the time, especially on NUF. Generally it turns up in General.

Whole threads on it are rare since many of them end up purged/locked, but I strongly remember one thread getting so far into the "trans women = trap" idea that it was locked for suggesting that they should wear symbols for everyone to identify them. You know, like the Nazis did.

16. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Yada yada yada.... The Chinese have a single word... Baizou. 白左.

17. deadLights

deadLights Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The point: Transphobic people call trans people traps all the time! What is not clicking?! There are women and men, who deliberately misgender trans people all the time! They say, “That’s not a woman, that’s a man in a dress.” Or the reason trans women are killed, is because they’re trying to “trap” men. Wtf is wrong with you people?! You can be wrong, but loud and wrong? Pick a struggle.

Anra7777 and Moonpearl like this.
  18. Nyamsus

Reading List:
    Link
    fbf.png

imK and Sabruness like this.
  19. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, too bad let me guess the member who put the jokes who stab your heart is some like @elengee who like make dirty jokes? or it another member who pop up on this exact thread going back and forth about sex, yeah put into certain perspective NUF is heartless toward certain topic such as politic, religion, lgbt and plenty of other controversial topic~
    go on~
    raccoon bread.jpg
    here this cat will laugh on this topic~

20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Laugh if you want. My friends and family who get attacked on the streets over shit like this sure won't.