Discussion [D]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ExcitableFoci, Aug 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    trap and transgender is completely different. that's for real life problem, but this is not real life problem. Trap is used by Anime community, to Anime character. Not real life shit. This is fiction. People just upset about every single Fuc**** damn things.

2. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    what's wrong with you!

elengee likes this.
  3. A Certain G.I.R.L.

A Certain G.I.R.L. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honest question, where do you see that? Because I can count the amount of times I saw transgender discussion initiated by non-transgender people on this forums on my fingers. And I really don't remember ever seeing this kind argument.
    I remember this thread. I don't remember anyone ever using the word trap on it... Or rather, I searched for it, there are 5 results only, none of them are referring to transgender.

I really don't see those swipes you say that happen all the time. I do know that there are some transphobic people here, but I certainly don't see them all the time, nor do I see them associating the term trap with transgender.
    I understand your point, but I'm pretty sure that is different from referring to someone as a trap. There is a very big difference between saying "Person A is trying to trap Person B" and "Person C is a trap".

... Especially because the term trap is usually used only with fictional characters that are not transgender.

imK, Yamazu, madmanthan21 and 2 others like this.
  4. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Accumulated experience of being here way too long. Usually they dot them in amongst normal conversation, "for the funsies".

Also, although that thread doesn't use the word "trap" much, it's the same sentiment.

5. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see it from both sides actually. Personally I'm on the side that removes his as a mod, but if the idoit really does commit suicide, their family members are liable to sue to wrongful death. This asshole is effectively holding his position hostage, and letting him get away with it is a bad precedence to set.it will only encourage him and others to abuse their new percieved power.
    TBH I see a more sinister effect behind their actions. Whether intended or not, they have now made the connection between the trans communities and traps. So if viewed another way, this individual has or is trying to legitimize "trap" as a slur. And judging by this thread alone, they have succeeded.
    Trap does have a derogatory meaning to a subset of individuals. Just in this case whether intended or not, that usage is being twisted into something much more toxic.

Tbh this is the crux of the matter. Like many similar actions, free speech is dying a death of a thousand paper cuts. I mean it was really just an illusion before, but as time goes on, even that illusion is being stripped bare and being shown for the lie it was.

Most SJWs are just fascists pushing their own morals onto others. There is no justice involved, just pure, unadulterated, bigotry.

6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    You dare single me out??!! don't put this symbol on me, you 'nyazi' (ninja cat edit) :blobwoah:

p.s. also, trap has nothing to do with trans. It's used when a certain person of a gender you're usually not attracted to is so attractive that you 'fall for it'.
    People can even have a 'trap' fetish or like. Which means it's not hate based at all.
    The object of this opinion's identification of their own sex has nothing to do with this attraction. Being a trans would be strictly coincidental.

Be a trans-apache helicopter for all people care. People are still free to be attracted to you or not of their own volition.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    imK likes this.
  7. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    The word trap should never have been banned.

Just like the word leaf for pokimane.
    Someone asks you what's that on the Canadian flag?
    It's the maple tree offspring greenery?

Same for trap.
    How would you describe the dungeon mechanism that is supposed to trigger and ensnare?
    How would you call the 50th visit to the bar in Yakuza?

Etc

imK and Sabruness like this.
  8. A Certain G.I.R.L.

A Certain G.I.R.L. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you that the sentiment is the same, but that's exactly why I don't think it makes any sense to ban the trap word in particular.

As in, while there is a real sentiment in transphobic people that think that transgender people trap others into thinking one thing while being another (Which is a load of bullshit), they don't use the word trap to refer to transgender.

Essentially, I don't think the word "trap" is used as a slur to refer to transgenders, even if transphobic people might feel like the transgenders trap others... Rather, I don't think most transphobics are even aware that "trap" as a term to refer to people exists in all honesty.

I already received my fair share of slurs while walking on the streets, but never was trap one of them.

imK, Sabruness and elengee like this.
  9. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    It is what it is

imK likes this.
  10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yes cuz shit happen to you is part of your problem that come from culture, moral, ethic and law that apply on your place on your background on certain time that not make your opinion become general view that can apply to everywhere to generalise your bad experience~
    you have bad experience? sorry to hear that but deal with it~ your hate or sad experience clearly diluted your mind!

the banning use of word trap on r/animemes is blatant way to show rather than deal with main problem which is should be give the some user punishment who use word trap inappropriate as bad slang moderator choice just ban the word altogether! that a damn lazy choice!

by banning TRAP! it mean moderator choice to accept it is slur which same way promoting word trap to insult transgender! it forced entire community who previously think and use word traps for male seem as female with no connection whatsoever with transgender act on same ground like minority who by your claim use such word to slander transgender! did you assume all people or majority user use trap to slander transgender just because of you make assumption the sentiment is there?
    you need consultation because your behavior make society at least me pitty those who truly fight for transgender right, your way similar to fascist that force their ideal as dead stone universal value

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen people do the same to 'waifu' as it 'objectifies' women. Meanwhile husbando was fine. People 'make' something offensive because they think it 'might' be offensive, then everyone joins in until it 'becomes' offensive. :cookie:

Solracmar and imK like this.
  12. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I already said that I don't know much about that subreddit, nor about the way they particularly handled their idea, and that I also do not care about it.

My comment was in response to the transphobic morons magically forgetting their own use of the term as an extended slur.

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh sorry about that then~
    vanilla apologize.png

imK likes this.
  14. Mahou-nii-sama

Mahou-nii-sama Ultimate Cannon Fodder

Reading List:
    Link
    It's 2020. Everything is offensive.

15. aswger

aswger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even pop corn can be offensive word.

You....! Pop corn brain.....

So mostly subjective and depended on context it seems

Solracmar likes this.
  16. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    2020 is offensive , i have terrible eye sight. :blobfearful:

imK likes this.
  17. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but from all my memory in NUF I never meet anyone using trap to make fun on trans people. Or the fact that there is any discussion on trans people on NUF. Maybe I missed them since they are in BL or GL LCD thread. But what can an idiotic transphobic will go there to hate on trans people? Besides it's online how do people know your gender if you don't announce it?

Besides the fact that trap is used in anime related stuff. How did it even go to real people.

And if you ever hear people making fun, it best to ignore them since they will just enjoy your reaction more.

You're calling people that b word cause they don't find the word trap offensive make you no different to the people who make fun of you.

Trap are for anime related stuff stop trying to take it to real life. And meme or jokes can be offensive. There plenty of asian jokes that blatant offensive to me but I laugh it of cause some of it true. If you can't take jokes then best to ignore it and not dwell on it. Don't mock other people cause they don't have the same sentiment as you have.

runsing and Mahou-nii-sama like this.
  18. deadLights

deadLights Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just say you don’t care about trans people and go. Quit all this BS about how do you just don’t understand how it’s offensive, and people need to get off their feelings. People have feelings, because people are people. And you don’t get to tell a person, who is part of a community, how they should feel about something. That’s just not how that works! All I see is transphobic people all down this time line. We get it, you think you have a right to shit on people, and say fuck their feelings. Again we get it, you’re a transphobic person. So, just like I don’t engage in conversations with racist, or homophobic people. I will no longer engange in conversations with transphobic people. I will just block and go. We get it you are hateful. You are also not very unique. Bye.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Anra7777 likes this.
  19. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    "To bitch" is a verb, not a noun. I called no one a bitch. I said they are bitching.

(And I am also done with this thread. I have fictional dragons to fuck and they require a lot of TLC.)

Anra7777 likes this.
  20. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just gonna add this because I came across it in a discord group convo that went to the gutter, and then remembered this thread about traps...

Ero Trap Dungeon.
    And I dare say, I believe that these don't have the "transphobic" version of traps in them. (Some probably have traps getting caught by "mistake" though? Maybe? I mean, there were anime where feminine males got caught by bad guys because they thought it was a girl)

Don't you agree, @elengee?