LCD The Last Science

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Bright_Lucky_Star, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Link to the story
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28687/the-last-science-se (SE version)
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/18574/the-last-science (Original version)

Author : Etzoli

Synopsis:
    No one ever knows the whole story.

Nestled deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, something is emerging. Kept in absolute secrecy, it seeps into a fading town, quietly shared from person to person. For Alden Bensen, a directionless high school graduate, this discovery could mean an escape from his empty existence. To Rachel DuValle, perpetually underestimated and dismissed by the world, magic represents a chance to become something much greater than herself.
    In the face of an unsuspecting world, their decisions shape the growth of a budding society discovering untold power. This potent force offers anyone the power to change humanity forever—or send it cascading into swift and total annihilation.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Last Science is story where Magic has been exposed to modern world, the emerging new kind society and what that mean to the rest of world. While it's about magic the story itself is about drama centered around the use of magic, just add another tool to complex society of humanity.
    At first it's introduce to casual interaction between characters because while they gained power they still human beings but as story progress it will reveal the impact of magic to humanity and the stakes will higher each time, influence wider scale and the the story doesn't shy away from horrible things that will happened.

People see magic as mysterious, novelty, art and freaking magic. For the people who gained it have a chance to express them self. Magic also seen as science with many possibility solve world problem, while it usually doesn't follow physics rule or natural science it certainly have pattern and clear rule of it's own and people will learn it methodically as new science. There's also many people who terrified the use of magic because this new tool without a doubt can be lethal and have dire consequences.

Because there's multiple characters point of view you will see most characters train of thought and capabilities, you may have sympathetic towards characters and you may agree or disagree with them but you can see their logic and reason behind it.
    Personally I recommend to read The Last Science SE version because it split into smaller chunks for easier reading.
    Personally I like Josh Miller, he's not prominent and his magic is pale in comparison to the rest of characters. He had been forced to take a job that he didn't like it but he still have sense of obligation and do the job thoughtfully.

@Fooljastic @Raneday @perspherspley @R0 @AMissingLinguist @jacobpaige @Muspon @yoimsecond @Darius Drake @Tsuru55 @Fulminata @sithkazar @Kalto @zanari @angel32arwa @hanglekuk @ravee @Viola @Tilgarial @NZPIEFACE @CosmicInsomniac @Cosmic_ @Arcturus @Dormideous @SquadCammander354 @Anra7777 @EvilDevil @Shaiyamine @HavekZero @pass1478 @911 @Cupcake Ninja @GonZ555 @youseiki @DiabolicGod @samjack @akki @CantThinkOfAName @Neigh @Alan Loo @HamsterOverlord-sama @flag9801 @Martialegg @MiraculousEagle @Kamuizin @Sordahon @Emaz @Droma @Noor @jimjimgimp @Diukes @Beer_Kitty @glaxerszz @Doomsday @TheMoonStain @otaku31 @Wick @nirleka @Night Ghost @Vanagandr @StaticHD @Ddraig @CripplingDepression @CodeTime @onnyfp @Asf @haweii @Alexander Valdimir @demonicdie @Casul Reader @Prochy @Nahtaniel @ultragunner @Aphorism @Silvarion @SweetShireen @oblueknighto @erikvio @G-Ousen @Jojo775 @MangoGuy @BigBadBoi

Edit: New mention @Parth37955 @4L3Y @Chu2 @Eternity Warrior @Eternal Liar @Lorus @AbsoluteNothingness @juniorjawz @MH2 @Lucinia @Jigoku Shounen @fukayuu69 @TaffyGirl13 @OnlyHaru @Aina Seira @canaria23 @gwapskoo24 @Osamaru @SerialBeggar @tornberry @Haniyeh @apsisodia @Nefasdetestasti
    I mentioned you all because your comments and threads that entertain theme like Magic, Fantasy, Wizard/Mage/Sorcerer/Magic User and Realistic or just wanna good novel recommendation in general and there's also several friends who might interested in this original novel. If you feel bothered because the mention tell me so I won't mention you in the future threads. Thanks and Happy reading :aww::blobhighfive::blobcozy:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  2. Fooljastic

Fooljastic Truly Foolish

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind being mentioned as long as i learn about any sort of magical Story. The Last Science is on my to read list, albeit rather low. But I don't mind being mentioned, as long as it isn't like ten times daily, if you get what I mean.

I am currently rather well stocked, having a lot of stories open in my browser at all times currently, though other things have caught my attention as well. Ah 24 hours in a day with about 5-8 spent sleeping is truly too little ;)

I do hope you can lead me to find gems however. Unpolished or polished doesn't matter to me. A gem is a gem. heh

3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll give it a try I guess

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I will check it out afterwards.

5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Why am I getting a mention?
    I'm reading the last science anyway so I can confirm it's a good novel.
    There are many twists and turns and overall the characters are great.

6. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i can't promise to read it all but i'll give it a try

sithkazar and Bright_Lucky_Star like this.
  7. Bright_Lucky_Star

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, read the SE version, it easier to read.:blobfistbumpR:

Probably because your comments on realistic and magic novel recommendation & discussion threads. Hey what do you think about Mind Magic, certainly Rachel is the most successful in this branch of magic, it give her highly capable mind but most her strength come from the use of her mind to make tactic and strategy around planning, sadly there's no flashy and direct spell like telepathic blast or something on this branch of magic, mind magic is underdeveloped we need more mind mages:blobhero: but then again her proficiency with detection spell already frightening:sweating_profusely:.

I do know several potential novels that I want to recommend and several others that bookmark but I need more lengthy read to consider it's worth. Will do recommend those stories in future threads:blobsmilehappyeyes:

Shaiyamine likes this.
  8. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    *pile it on my "to read list"*
    Thanks~

9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    can't promise anything - is busy with work right now

10. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Oho, interesting :aww::aww:. Thanks for the rec~

11. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read anything with the Traumatizing Content tag. Thanks though :)

12. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, currently I have lost interest with fantasy gendre novel, now I'm searching historical, modern day, and fanfiction novel (no cheat or OP MC and no harem)
    Thanks for your information anyway (y)

13. Shaiyamine

Shaiyamine Reader of Novels, Slave to the Screen

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the mention :) Synopsis looks interesting! I'll give it a go when my schedule opens up hhhhhhh

14. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually prefer Mahouka. But I am following, just, other things...:(

15. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh it's not often that I log in here anymore and I just happened to do it on the day you mentioned me here. Such is the fate of wanderers like me who are searching for the next empire building story to read after the well known sources dry out.
    Thanks, I'll add it to my bookmarks.

16. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

17. Bright_Lucky_Star

Reading List:
    Link
    Bookmark it and read it when you have time, the story certainly interesting.:blobsmilehappyeyes:

The story setting in modern day though, new spells has been created but it's still early in development, inventing new spell is hard so people tend to closely guard their unique spells that's why it looks like several characters have considerable power over the others but hey magic has only been studied for couple of years so they have enough time to catch up. (This's excluding the three progenitor of magic, because they're fortunate enough to find magic from original source, in here they're OP but not unbeatable)

It's not exactly kingdom building but the novel certainly contain build something, society and science building maybe, it might be also engineering uplifting because implementation of magic into technology but not prominent.

Okay, care to try read it in the future.:blobsanta:

18. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I didn't think it was kingdom building but it's interesting enough.

19. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I read it before, but back then it was just starting and there are only a few chapters. I'll restart reading it later.

20. solivagantsoul

solivagantsoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems interesting...i love how its supposed to happen in the modern times. definitely in my reading list!
    thanks for the mention.(y):blobhug: