LCD My Lover Was Stolen, And I Was Kicked Out Of The Hero’s Party, But I Awakened To The EX Skill “Fixed

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Apr 27, 2019.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    My Lover Was Stolen, And I Was Kicked Out Of The Hero’s Party, But I Awakened To The EX Skill “Fixed Damage” And Became Invincible. Now, Let’s Begin Some Revenge

The MTL translations by Mayo Lettuce Tomato is very readable with no grammar mistakes or typos so far. :blobsalute:

Story-wise, it feels a little disjointed. There's a time skip right away to jump right to the MC starting to make his move towards his first target for revenge. So we missed out on all of the grinding the MC had to do to power up. In this way, it feels the story is too fast. There are only 5 targets, ie the members of his former hero team. That said, the story also feels slow paced due to the typical Japanese writing style. I just don't get the sense of urgency even with the MC's craving for revenge. Well, I'll have to see how this plays out.

2. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer not having a long period where the MC has to slowly power up. That's usually the bane of most novels on this site, where most stories either get incredibly repetitive and go on forever in a predictable manner or just do a time skip every arc that just makes for lazy writing and lack of how character A went from kind shopkeeper to high elder of the sect the MC just so happens to enter for plot purposes.
    One timeskip to get to the juicy bits is just fine, especially considering that this is a story for revenge, not becoming unparalleled. Now if only there was no romance (or if there was, some form of netori against the betrayers). . .

Wujigege and CosmicInsomniac like this.
  3. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't handle ntr.

4. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    I totaly agree it's better to jump right to the juicy parts, than to start the story with a training arc that would most likly be boring and turn the readers off.
    That choise can also open up lots of intresting plot/character development in the future of the story, since what the MC did in the time skip is not known to us the readers right now.

5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    So death in next 3 seconds... a little anticlimatic...

6. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not quite that quick, but still very gratifying to see that fat so-called "warrior" go full tilt moron and just stand there waiting his death as Chrome ever so slowly walks up to him...

7. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is this another ntr thingy?

8. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand why NTR is becoming increasingly popular

.Lance likes this.
  9. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an easy way for authors to get readers to sympathize with the MC

10. Zones

Zones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean just in general. More than half the offbrand being put out now days seems to be ntr.

bozakir likes this.
  11. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's basically the only reason, the author needs the readers to care about the MC or else they will stop reading. Having the MC lose something important to them will make the MC more relatable to readers.

12. juanexbi

juanexbi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just really curious on how the revenge goes:blobpopcorn_cool: any spoilers on how mc sought his revenge one by one:blobowoevil_horns:

13. Naofumi

Naofumi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys I have a question people are saying that the main girl cheat on the protagonist it's truth or not?