Discussion Chinese authors sucks at human biology

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by pokeito, Aug 23, 2020.

1. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, not sure what you mean by environment, but I read at least some CN with interesting relationships, good/acceptable pacing and/or decent world building

otaku31 and Kansuou like this.
  2. dezzter

dezzter The one who knows

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing people need to realize is the bar for being published has shifted significantly with the internet age, before you not only had to have a decent or good book but you had to find a publisher who agreed with you, or have enough fame to get it published anyway, now any idiot with a internet connected device can post whatever. So it's not that a higher % of writers suck, it's just there is more accessible crap to dig through to find the gems.

Myouki, frandzy, Unsaltea and 4 others like this.
  3. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

4. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If a traditional publisher does accept your stuff the bar is still high. That being said people can do it via amazon etc and dodge the filter that way. I'd dare say less than 0.1% of the novels on NU would make it trough an agent of a major publisher. 95% would get tossed after the first line. So while you are entirely correct: There are two piles to dig trough.

Kansuou likes this.
  5. rosyprimrose

rosyprimrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have always had a problem with how early the children walk and talk and the level of intellect of the children when they are very young. it's just too unreal

otaku31 likes this.
  6. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s because the ones who showed any decent knowledge on biology got forced to become a doctor by their family

Myouki likes this.
  7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayeeee. Going to school at 1-month-old. Seducing women at 1-month-old. Brutally killing anyone who gets in his way at 1 month old.

8. apsisodia

apsisodia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why I dropped Great Tang Idyll, 1 year old MC can speak fluently and people think this is normal.

9. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    But isn't the MC supposed to be the reincarnation of an adult swindler whose previous job was to trick people without them realising something was up?

10. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    I never read the novel but i think the LIFE SUPPORT can prevent Muscle Atrophy so she can walk without problem...... yeah i think the logic is like that and praise for the future science, the setting must be far in the future, right?

11. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not just Chinese authors. It a manhwa a woman wakes up after having been in a coma for 20 years (she was born in a coma.) The woman knows how to talk, walk (can actually walk after 20 years of laying on a bed), knows the concept of brothers and sisters... but at least in that particular manhwa, the girl was the saintess, so you can force yourself to believe God have her all that knowledge and ability.
    Then you have the current anime: "Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou" where the protagonist looks like a highschooler but is actually two months old... because he is the demon lord reincarnated after a long time and still has his powers... at least this one had a reason, as weird as it was.

But yeah, when you see stuff like that it's annoying.

12. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The moment when he just interrupts her with a fully adult voice telling them what his name is was fucking hilarious imho.

Actually fond of that show. It knows what it is, and doesn't try too hard, makes for good laughs.

13. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hidden Marriage is supposed to be anything but realistic though.
    I finished the novel for the raws (not sure for the translated version), and it's supposed to be in the brainless face-slapping genre where you read after a long day of work, chuckle a bit, and let off some steam, and Hidden Marriage does really well in what it digs. Well, it might not be for everyone though.
    A lot of the so-called bad novels in novelupdates are like that too. They make little sense and are cliche, but they're still popular cause people still like them for the good feels they bring.

14. apsisodia

apsisodia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Errr... It's not the matter of swindling people. When MC was few months old, he was walking and speaking fluently. I don't think babies are physically capable of that. It's the matter of biology!

15. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, sorry, been a while since I read it. Are you sure they were speaking coherently? If so, yeah might be a bit strange

16. BlackTeaAndMallows

BlackTeaAndMallows Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. I totally feel where you're coming from.

I think sometimes authors' wanted to portray how perfect / special / genius their main character is. That she or he is different from the ordinary mortals around. Lol. That as young as XX, she/he is capable of this and that. Especially that he/she is the child of a 2 "god-level" characters or perfect beings, he/she can do extraordinary stuff. I mean this is okay but it comes as too much when in modern and life-like setting.

I'm just okay~ :blobspearpeek:
    And I go reading great stories to be happy once more.
    Hoping tho that it isn't emulated in reality, "c'mon, let kids be kids".

17. pokeito

pokeito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, i get that they’re actually meant to be like those korean makjang dramas and those long telenovelas, but it doesn’t make it any better _(´ཀ`」 ∠) Although I do enjoy reading these kind of stories for a good laugh sometimes.

18. ShioriSai

ShioriSai ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Reading List:
    Link
    Your second mistake after that was continuing on reading them.

Lazriser likes this.
  19. DubiousWaterMelon

DubiousWaterMelon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right! Why do anger cause blood spitting???? I mean fainting due to high blood pressure or sugar drop makes sense but blood sprouting out due to pent up anger -_-