Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overall good, the first world is kinda meh since the data is so posessive and yanrezu since she knew she's a data in a novel world, and end up losing mc. The data followed mc to next world, and after mc making sure its the same data she agrees to fall in love in every worlds.

女将军的追妻路gl
    Female General's wife chasing road. Omegaverse ancient china ver. MC, a female general who lived in the world where woman is superior and man is giving birth (...) Wake up to a world where man is superior and woman is giving birth.
    MC: MMP
    MC soon saved a young girl FL and fall in love, travelling to the capital with FL.

Ubik likes this.
  2. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That kind of stories that are good are kinda rare and most of them already been translated.
    Found that on occasion about year or so ago. Kinda funny 4th wall breaker was springroll webcomic (that one with her picture was especially hilarious). Pity it wasn't updated since long time ago.. or rss is not working properly...
    So overall end is HEA? (But NTR arks..... shudders)
    If you don't mind could you elaborate more? In jjwxc whole summary was wiped out. What to expect from this story? Drama? More action?
    It doesn't even give information in what setting it took place.
    ---------
    By the way. 千觅荷 author of Villainess, I’ll Pamper You and Abused Female Lead And Beautiful Villainess (Quick Transmigration) just started another QT story.
    Little cannon fodder really panicked [Quick pass] - 小炮灰真的好慌[快穿]
    Raws
    It's too early to tell but from first look it's darker than previous works. MC was living in the apocalyptic zombie world (last days world). But she hadn't any superpowers and was simple girl but somehow manage to survive rather long time. After dying, she received system and tasks in worlds as cannon fodder to survive long enough. She managed to escape when original owner died, but it was not the end...
    Story has some comedic moments but overall it is still dark in earlier chapters. Especially when backstory about FL(?) comes in the latter chapter, she blackened enough to point of no return in original world. Turned from genius doctor to serial killer for the sake of protection. And MC receives side task to prevent it.
    One of comedic moments that doctor could kill with her food. Cooking is not her best quality, but MC after last days world doesn't mind that and eat it all. After seeing that MC is happy with her food FL(?) thinking that she improved tried to feed her grandma.... In the end doctor just think that MC doesn't have any taste at all.

test-j and AsianessPride like this.
  3. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    The ending... Mc and the data (who became her system) didn't care about getting real body from doing task and decided to havefun in every worlds.
    Honestly the ntr arc... Probably the most uncomfortable thing is beastkin world where mc is asked by fl to seduce her lil bro (...), mc told him and asked him to act to make fl jelly. Honestly after fl becoming mc system its 2 ntr world back to back, mc became someone's wife in story, and become an ex wife in the next story arc... == mc used illusion so only did stuff with fl, but it could get uncomfortable.

About the general, so the female general from abo world where woman could impregnate man and woman is superior, wake up in opposite world. Mc saved fl who is nearly raped because of scheming family's calculations.
    Fl went back in capital, and later realized mc has been eating her tofu/flirting with her without her knowledge. Mc gathered a lot of followers (she wanted woman followers but ended up with many man followers who called her big brother/boss (dalao))
    Mc is generous to her followers, and they decided to spread nasty rumors about fl's aunt family who took fl's mom and dad's shops.
    Honestly idk why its censored in jjwxc, maybe author think its old so want to edit stuff lol.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds good
    Oh, I'm so sick of the scheming family trope in cn romance stories. It's even worse than the infamous young master with their 99 generations of stronger ancestors from the xianxia genre.

5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for info!
    It could be worse. It could be family trope in entertainment circle.:blobpeek:
    --------------

Just found out that one of my favourite yuri VN Highway Blossoms will receive a continuation (DLC). :aww: These adorable dorks will be back. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  6. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I just checked, but out of all kr novels here on nu, only one of them has the yuri tag. What a surprise

Ubik likes this.
  7. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    Kr... Is very strict with the copyright bits, and its hard to find free raws. Also there's few takedown by kr publishers. Honestly it might be fine if one doesn't post the KR raw title maybe

Ubik likes this.
  8. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    I suddenly crave for Pirate Yuri :cookie::cookie:

A female captain attacks a slave trafficking ship. The FC might’ve been a ex-slave or something but she spares the slaves. One of the slaves was the daughter of a nobleman but sold away by her family, was enraptured by the FC’s beauty and strength. The slave requests to follow the captain
    upload_2020-8-24_9-43-46.jpeg
    The captain reluctantly takes the girl and she follows the captain like a little tail.
    “The daughter of the rich.. so troublesome..”
    The captain gives the girl some proper clothing fitting their ship.
    upload_2020-8-24_9-47-32.jpeg
    The former slave ate a lot and grew up quickly. She lost her timid shy shell and became confident and strong. She would the one who jumps headfirst into the battlefield and her confidence and loyalty to the captain quickly raised her status to vice-captain.

The former slave always thought her feeling for her captain was merely respect and admiration. Everytime she sees her captain, her heart wouldn’t stop pounding. She realizes that this feeling is love. The more she understood, the more she wants the captain to be hers. Every time they loot a ship, the former slave would give the best loot to her captain.
    upload_2020-8-24_9-52-2.jpeg
    One day, the former slave decided to take things to the next level. Since jewelry won’t work, it’s best to be direct. With the confidence that she gained over the years, she simply went up to the captain and kissed her. The captain, confused by the sudden soft lips on her own, stood stiff. While the captain was still confused, the girl took her to her bedroom and had an intense night.

The next day, the captain woke up sore at the waist. She notices a warm body next to her. Her sore waist already perked her irritation, the sparking smooth face of the person next to her raised it further.
    “Give me the person I picked up!” She said in embarrassment.
    upload_2020-8-24_9-59-22.jpeg

Or something similar would nice.

9. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    That was a nice story draft

10. DoomCalibur

DoomCalibur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone!

Can anyone recommend me good long Futanari Chinese Novels ( Genderbender : Male to Female is fine, though Please spare me the YAOI Genre !!!)

I have read Dragon Bloodline and other Futanari novels on NU ( though obviously, not the one with YAOI tag). I have only search the Google with keyword being "扶她 小说" without any lucks. Pixiv offers pretty good amounts but not enough for me. Are there any other sites that offer more of this Peculiar genre (maybe an equivalent to Nocturnal Syosetu) ?

Thanks for taking your time reading this and hope you all having a good time!

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  11. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend this GL novel
    My Consort is Alpha
    Sadly no one picked it up. Mc is alpha or futanari. FL is princess, ending is so sweet that FL give birth a baby.

Moonpearl, DoomCalibur and Ubik like this.
  12. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Copyright bits and raws are valid reason but not main. In my opinion there is two main problems. First - lack of exposure of korean works at the first place. They are like terra incognita mostly. Most of the reason that korean works (not only yuri) ones are self-centered and they didn't do anything to advertise them in international markets. Of course, it's slowly changing with more exposure or their works (dorama ones or recent Parasite success and anime of webtoons) but it is still a little. Second - there are significantly less korean translators in general than chinese and japanese ones. At the start most of works were translated by small number of people. One or two hands would be enough to count those. If there is fewer people, of course there could be even less to translate niche segment of novels (yuri ones count as that). There could be exceptions certainly when there are enthusiasts. For example rainbowturtle liked BL novels so there are KR BL novel translations, unfortunately there wasn't that kind who loved yuri.
    For raws and links IIRC @Yandere Devil made lists of korean yuri works. There were rather large number of them.
    One of the rarest type. If not counting side characters background (there is still a little number). I could only recall three works.
    story on fictionpress:
    Sea Glass - A female pirate captain goes out to plunder a ship. Her plan, however, doesn't turn out like she expected when she meets a formidable opponent.
    in manga:
    Love Flag Girls - A manga about pirates, from Yuri Hime's cell phone line. A young woman infiltrates a band of pirates to try and get back a treasure that they stole from her mother.
    Not saying anything about quality of above works.
    And finally VN - Heileen 3. Where MC travels on pirate ship and crew and a have an option to romance Juliet (pirate vice-captain). So I think it would count.
    Welcome! Beyond already mentioned "My Consort is Alpha" IIRC there was something like that mentioned year ago by AsianessPride, on archiveofourown but my memory could be a mess. Otherwise, if china based it mostly impossible to have stories like that due to censorship.
    ---------------------------

Some license news:
    I Favor the Villainess or "I'm in Love with the Villainess" - 1st volume of official translation will be available at Sep 23, 2020 with 2nd volume coming Feb 9, 2021
    1st one is already available to preorder.

"ROLL OVER AND DIE: I Will Fight for an Ordinary Life with My Love and Cursed Sword!" or Do You Think Someone Like You Can Defeat the Demon King official translation of first volume will come on September 3, 2020.

Fun fact on amazon omae gotoki is more popular than IFV but on boowkwalker it's the opposite.

And there was "A Lily Blooms in Another World" or Blooming in Different World is a Lily Flower will be released on Oct 7, 2020.

13. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    I only got smut for you, even then you need an account PO18. Still want them?

DoomCalibur likes this.
  14. compass96

compass96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realised that I favor the Villainess hadn't finished trasnlating. I thought the epilogue was the end of the story. Need to go read the rest.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it was supposed to be the end of the story at first AFAIK, but then the author decided to continue it, so here we are! xD

Ubik likes this.
  16. compass96

compass96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woo hoo that's great. Just took it off my complete list and I'm going to go read the tens of chapters that are available.

Ubik likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I should catch up to it at some point too, I'm at the Epilogue myself as well! xD

Ubik likes this.
  18. DoomCalibur

DoomCalibur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am proud of myself being someone with peculiar taste, so why not ? Hehehe. Also, I feel like I can enjoy anthing you can offer, @AsianessPride !

19. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm new here, but are there any authors that have a lot of good works like Xuan Jian, author of 放肆[娱乐圈] (Presumptuous) and 影后成双[娱乐圈] (Queen of the Movies), and Please Don't Laugh, author of 女将军和长公主 (Female General Eldest Princess) and 入赘 (Matrilocal Marriage)?

20. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik, Moonpearl and Sutad Aatma like this.