Spoiler Medical Return

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lacerem, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Fochsy

Fochsy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for spoiler.
    I'd be great if you could spoiler more (if you have time to spare).

2. chocolatechipcookie

chocolatechipcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    N
    NGL BUT SAMEE , a small part of me hoped for it ◉_◉

3. chocolatechipcookie

chocolatechipcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what happened to Sang-min(the psycho friend)in the end? I mean obviously something happened, what about Sang-min's dad? OKAY BETTER YET, what happened to our Protagonist's parents?
    Who ended up being our Protagonist's one true friend?(was it the highschool Friend?)

lol needing some soft doujinshi rn oop, I swear, Sang-min is totally no straight lol

Asphyxia778 likes this.
  4. TsukiSetsu

TsukiSetsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoil more on the USA arc? Saving the mafia boss? and the ending of Lee Sangmin? Really wish I can read the novel if translated :( Now I can only relied on people who can read Korean and spoil summary of details about this novel/manhwa :blobReach::aww:

michoux likes this.
  5. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad that a little girl will die. Triggered my trauma so I may drop the manhwa temporarily until I have the courage to touch it.

6. blindpig05

blindpig05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn, so mc didnt marrued his ex wife>> well, im rooting for a harem but this isnt a harem genre haha
    what about the psycho friend? did his crime revealed?(you know about the littlegirl... and what karma dies he get?

7. blindpig05

blindpig05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did his ex wife married lee sangmin? damnn
    i want spoiler about relationship endgame and what karma does sangmin get??

8. haziqahnasran

haziqahnasran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read till the last chapter but its mtl so i guess i can spoil some parts and let me spoil to you my fav scene when they make somewhat conference for medical studies and MC is leading the conference and Sangmin is the watcher and after MC ends his talk he told sangmin outloud in korean "We meet again," somewhat something like that and the conference is in Europe so only Sangmin understand what MC was saying uwuwu

JoshyM62 likes this.
  9. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens after the current manga chapter

10. GXGrumpy

GXGrumpy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Saw your blog a few months ago and you had Medical Return there but now is not there anymore can u send me the chapters or put there again? thx anyway

11. XFLAX

XFLAX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's because i received a DMCA takedown notice. i can't put it in the blog anymore.

12. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you put it in the Bit.ly that you use?

13. XFLAX

XFLAX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have the text i extracted from the images of the raw anymore, and I'm not motivated to do it all over again since I already read the novel.
    I will try to do it if I have spare time and post it here

14. GXGrumpy

GXGrumpy New Member

Reading List:
    Link

15. GXGrumpy

GXGrumpy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If u do don't need to do from the beginning again, just do the chapters that don't have manwha yet.
    Sorry for my bad english, thx anyway.

XFLAX likes this.
  16. niran24

niran24 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any mtl or novel website available for medical return

17. Tiffanyvu00

Tiffanyvu00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait why will he find out to late? What did the psycho do? Like all of his schemes? What about the ex wife from the past?

18. Roxsam

Roxsam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im just reading the novel called Golden Time (jungyong) and its like the whole theme and plot are the same with Medical Return. Example, MC was reborn, neglected parents from first life, have a evil rival who is psychotic, during final exam MC had a mishap due to the evil rival, evil rival has a father who is very powerful and makes sure that evil rival deeds gets ignored and also there is girl who is from day one obviously going to be with MC.

19. Linodo

Linodo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just come across Medical Return after reading it on Leviathanscans up to chapter 79 and I'd read ahead from there. For those who are curious, I read it on https://novelgo.id/novel/medical-return/ which is a Korean-Indonesian translation and I further MTLed it to English. So, I wasn't able to read it properly, but I kind of get the gist of what will happen. Hey, beggars can’t be choosers.

For those who are interested in my subpar spoilers, I have collated them below. Those that have already read ahead and understood it from the source Korean novel, feel free to correct me.

So here goes. Chapter 79 ends with Kim Jihyun talking to Amy from the Pharma company so I'll start from there. Basically, Amy wants Jihyun to help with a product (not a medical professional so I can't tell you the terms), and was going to offer him a billion won if I’m not wrong. Jihyun, knowing the drug in the future, helped and solved the problem so Amy kept her job.

Amy was not content that Jihyun was hiding his genius so she secretly entered his name in the paper that would be on the top science journal in the world. At the same time, Lee Sangmin was going to submit a thesis that would win a domestic honour (probably from the Daeil Hospital that he’d worked at). Naturally, an international publication versus an internal thesis competition, the difference is night and day. The prestige that the Hosptial Director wanted for his son was ruined once again by Jihyun (honestly what a stupid motivation, but I’ll get to that later).

Later on, Lee Yeon Hee, the Jihyun’s previous wife, confessed to him. That’s when Jihyun realised that he didn’t like her and loved Lee Haemi (hehe, that was my main reason for reading ahead anyway). Lee Haemi confronted Jihyun since nurses gossip worse than housewives with nothing better to do and she found out that Jihyun turned Lee Yeon Hee down with the phrase “I like someone else.” Which is ironic since that’s the phrase that Lee Haemi always used to turn a confession down.

There’s a surgery in the middle but it was too technical and I couldn’t really understand it so I’m skipping it. Plus it only further shows how fucked Lee Sangmin is and what a saint Jihyun is, so you get the gist.

Obviously, there was only one other girl in Jihyun’s life and everybody knew who it was. So Lee Haemi went to talk to him and he said that he has something important to tell her over a cup of coffee. They blush all shoujo-manga like and part ways. Jihyun had to operate on the Prime Minister (you know that one he YOLO saved on the plane?) the next morning. The Prime Minister designated him because of that incident and the Hospital Director was having none of it. Lee Sang Min as well. So Lee Sang Min organised a car accident, which just so happens to be the car ride that Jihyun was taking to meet Lee Haemi.

Lee Haemi starts to think that Jihyun was turning her down, but truthfully, he was in a bad car accident. The next morning, he was late and Lee Sangmin was going to take over. But by some miracle, he arrives and performs the surgery perfectly. He collapsed right after he completed the surgery though.

When he woke up, he saw Lee Haemi and her crying face. It became all touching where Haemi was like “I’ve always been watching you and will watch over you forever” when Jihyun was in the middle of his coma. When he woke up, he FINALLY CONFESSED (bloody hell made her waste a decade). Then, when they were formally a couple, Jihyun invited her onto his ward bed and made her lie down next to him. Haemi confessed that she may know who caused the accident (obviously that pyscho) and even confided in Jihyun that Lee Sangmin had killed her brother. She begged Jihyun to leave the hospital fearing that the same thing would happen to him and he said that he wanted to face the father-son face on.

In the end, they kissed on the hospital bed and in the words of MTL. It was a wet kiss.

A year passed and things seemingly went back to normal (I hate that they’d never elaborated on Lee Haemi X Kim Jihyun but whatever...) Later on, there was this liver transplant surgery where Jihyun had to operate on some bigshot’s daughter. It was all going well and perfect, but Lee Sangmin sabotaged the operation, thereby killing the daughter. The Daeil President finally got his reason to fire Jihyun. However, there was no evidence of malpractice so Jihyun got a suspension for 6-months or a year. Can’t remember the exact amount.

While Jihyun was considering his options, Amy came back with an offer to work in a top US hospital. The salary was like USD400k/year for a Professor role. After much deliberation, Jihyun decided to move to the US and make a name there, so that he can come back with a vengeance. Also, he made Amy put a clause that after two years, he’ll return as an exchange professor to Daeil Hospital so that he can have his revenge.

Unfortunately, Lee Haemi didn’t move with him and they began a long-distance relationship. I hated this part since the author put two love interests on him in America while there was little to no development with Haemi. Still, he left and got into the hospital where he faced some racist discrimination. I don’t know if it is really true, but I doubt US doctors would call Koreans, Oriental Monkeys, but you know, it’s just a novel.

Despite his initial setback, Jihyun went super Saiyan mode, publishing five articles in the top three scientific journals. Easy for him since he was remembering past breakthroughs, but the whole world was starting to notice him. Then, a Mafia Lady got admitted to the hospital where he worked. The lady was some top-level Mafia executive and her injuries were impossible to operate on. But Jihyun managed to do it and the Mafia Lady lived.

Mafia Lady wanted to give Jihyun like a few million for saving her but he rejected since it was part of his job. The Mafia Lady than ordered her subordinates to dig up everything about Jihyun so that she could help him somehow. There was a brief thing where the Mafia Lady and Amy where both chasing after him, but I’m just gonna skip that part. (HAEMI BEST WAIFU.)

The most important part of the US arc was when the Daeil Group’s Chairman, Lee Sangmin/Lee Haein’s grandfather and that stupid Hospital Director’s father, went over to get treatment for his kidneys. Apparently, no one in Korea could save him, even the Daeil Hospital that he owned and the son that was going to succeed him forced him to fly to America for better ventures. Speaking of Grandfather and Uncle Lee, they seemed like the good guys. Everyone in the group wanted the Grandfather to die but Uncle Lee was going to do whatever it took to save him. Don’t know why the Hospital Director’s attitude is so fucked, to be honest.

So in the end, Jihyun saved the Grandfather and his name skyrocketed even more. Like the Mafia Lady, the Grandfather wanted to repay Jihyun but this time, Jihyun didn’t refuse. He didn’t want money or status though and said that when he returns to Korea, he’ll tell the Grandfather.

Fast forward a bit and there’s an international seminar. Every major publication/university/hospital sent professors over to witness the surgery genius speak. Jihyun spoke his piece while Lee Sangmin and his father sat there angrily. At the end of the speech, he provoked them by saying “I’ll see you soon” in Korean.

Oh yeah, while Jihyun was in the US, Lee Sangmin started a relationship with Lee Yeon Hee, the ex-wife. Minor things happen here and there, but I couldn’t be bothered to read closely about their relationship. However, at the end of it, when Jihyun was returning, Lee Yeon Hee found out that Lee Sangmin was schizophrenic and tired to help him to get on meds.

Before he left, Jihyun received a gift from the Mafia Lady. Basically all of the embezzlements that the Hospital Director did and the all the evidence needed to bring him down. Once he returned to Korea he formally brought Lee Haein to the Daeil Group Chairman and announced that he had been dating Lee Haein for three years. Naturally, how could the Grandfather turn him down, especially since Jihyun saved his life?

But there was another request that Jihyun wanted to make. He was about to confront the Hospital Director for his crimes and he needed the Daeil Group to pick his side. The Daeil President after seeing the Hosptial Director’s misdeeds got angered and allowed Jihyun to do his thing.

So Jihyun confronted the Hospital Director, basically telling him he knew everything and if he didn’t abdicate and give his shares to Lee Haein, he would report him to the police. The Hospital Director tried to get Lee Haein to burn the evidence and they had a big argument where he hit her. Fortunately, Jihyun was nearby and saved Haein and he went straight to the police (the friend he made in high school).

True to his word, the Daeil Group Chairman didn’t lift a finger to help his son and the Hospital Director got five years in prison. Though the stress would make him a cripple.

Next up, the final boss. Jihyun confronted Lee Sangmin when he was about to bring Lee YeonHee on a camping trip (presumably to murder her). Jihyun went to the place with a hidden microphone and his police friend nearby. Jihyun was hoping that he could get Lee Sangmin to confess on tape. Which he did. But Lee Sangmin brought a gun and so did Jihyun? I’m not sure how he got the gun since the translation was bad, but let’s just say there was a Mexican standoff.

And true to the Cowboy style, Lee Sangmin counted to five before he was going to shoot Jihyun. Jihyun struggled to shoot cause you know… he a doctor. Fortunately, neither of them had to shoot. The police friend went pew pew from the bushes and Lee Sangmin collapsed.

Lee Sangmin got to a mental hospital after that and was going to live the rest of his life there, probably.

And so the final ten chapters were them wrapping up the story. After 12 years since meeting Lee Haein, they FINALLY got married (should have gone magnum pistol on the first year). They went on their honeymoon, moved to the US, had a son, the whole fiasco. After being in the US earning a million a year, Kim Jihyun returned to Korea to take the Daeil Hosptial Director role, a position that was promised to him once the former Director left but withheld due to his age.

Lee Sangmin got liver cancer in his later years and Jihyun personally operated on him even though it is not needed. That would be the last we hear about this psycho dog-killer. Jihyun continued to be successful, both in surgery and his contribution to the world. His discoveries helped cure many diseases and advance medical technology. Also, his son wants to become a doctor like him.

The final scene is Jinhyun offering a drink to a man whose life had gone wrong, mirroring his experience when he first came back in time.

20. I your Father

I your Father Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for the spoilers.

Natsume Haru likes this.