Spoiler The S-Classes That I Raised

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by moneng85, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not accusing you about anything, I didn't say you are wrong or anything like that, I just wanted to talk about the ships in the novel because I want so much talk about them and say my opinion on them! I'm sorry that I come out aggressive:sweating_profusely: (I guess I am a bit sad for the lack of Yoojin x Hyunjae Fanfiction in English compared the Yoojin x Yoohyun, there is also a Fanfiction author that had to explict once more that she won't make her Fanfiction a YoojinxYoohyun so I guess she was pestered about so I vent a little LOL)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  2. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I'm the one of the few writing spoilers here now I'm feeling I'm doing double posting :sweating_profusely:
    after the race and giving the prizes to the participants Chatterbox gives to the hunters tools to start personal broadcasting channels, poor Yujin, from being traumatized by the mass media in his pre-regression years now he has to worry about how to make his channel appealing and what should he talk about, after all he isn't good-looking like Yoohyun that people would look at his channel just to watch his face (Yoojin thoughts) plus Yoohyun has Peace as his partner. Yerim thought: Yoohyun has peace in his channel, Hyuna has Noah who is a golden dragon, who doesn't like dragons and gold! Hyunjae has Hangyeol (the fairy dragon) even if he isn't a cat, there is a reptile fanbase and he is small and cute! sister Riet (partnered with Kang Soonyong) is like a dinosaur and children loves those! We are losing! Mr Song we are in the USA, let's wear a costume! Wear yellow so you can stand out! Mr Song: No. Yerim: can I ace a plaza? Mr. Song: NO. WTF, for Mr Song, Yerim is a mix of Han Yujin and Sung Hyunjae! guess she is his worst nemesis.
    Hangyeol hates Hyunjae because he thinks the later is more dangerous than Yoohyun and that he will swallow Yujin. I wonder why he is hiding his worries and what he knows. Is because he is a part of Hyunjae thus he can't betraying him or think that even if he told Yujin, Yujin would let himself be swallowed?
    Hyunjae considered Hangyeol an annoyance because his instinct that parts of himself should be in his persona but putting aside that he briefly wondered if absorb him back to know what the dragon is hiding but forfeiting because Yujin would not forgive him, now that the dragon is named and started to grow into a different existence he is wondering if his annoyance will be lessen with the time and tugged him to bed. Would be great if Hyunjae grew to care for Hangyeol as a son for real instead of only playing. Yujin started to use beauty care products, first the color pink, accepting flowers like is the norm and wearing a corset and veil to a party, is he slowly becoming genderfluid? :hmm: (I'm joking LOL male=manlyness is overrated)
    WTF, Yujin thinks the American nicknamed Hyunjae "Zeus" not for his lighting ability and strength but because he feels like a playboy? Yujin are you project on them your thirst for him or something? :blobjoy:LOL the next stage is about being the first to reach the islands near the city (New York) with a prize for who catch the one who placed first place in the previous race. Yoojin use a special item to turn himself as a cat for stealth! Cat Yujin! so cute!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  3. winterblossom

winterblossom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG No wonder there are lots of cat!yujin in my tl. I thought it was just a fanon thing. I love yujin and ofc the author for giving us so much food and quenching our thirst :blobokhand:

Yukari_me likes this.
  4. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is a fanon thing that has just become real today LOL this happened in today update on ribibook ( ribibook update a chapter per day every week from Monday to Friday, if there isn't a break)

winterblossom likes this.
  5. kouhahime

kouhahime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this also explained why my tl is filled with cat yoojin HAHA. And thank you for mentioning hangyeol. I’ve been seeing a ton of fanarts of hangyeol, yoojin, and hyungjae and I’ve always wondered who that was. Though I don’t really who Young Chaos is. I’ve seen some people talk about him (long black hair guy?) and I noticed you said that he is kind of Yoojin’s father figure?
    anyway I appreciate all of the spoilers you give out since idk maybe it’s just me but the novel tl especially now is kinda wonky, but i’d rather have this than no tl at all. Ty again!

Yukari_me likes this.
  6. EvelynAinsworth

EvelynAinsworth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Young Chaos is also a transcender. Although his title is like that, he is not young at all LOL probably the eldest even among transcenders. He doesn't belong to any factions, whether it is immoral children, filial piety addicts or neutral. (Since he came over to Yoojin's world (Fifth Source's world) from the First Source). He has red eyes, long black hair and a face that is similar to Yoohyun (Young Chaos: I'm more handsome though) (LOL)
    He first appeared briefly after Yoojin purchased a SS-rank sword from the item store for Yoohyun, which was actually Young Chao's first sword, so he appeared as a "manual" to talk about the sword. Since then, he has been helping Yoojin to stabilize his mana control and his skills in order to extend Yoojin's lifespan, as well as training Yoohyun and Yerim in combat.
    And yes, as you mentioned, he really is a father figure to Yoojin, which is a thing to appreciate since all the transcenders from the factions are suspicious as hell :facepalm:. The Korean fandom is also calling him "Sung Hyunje's father-in-law" as well, since he always bickered with Hyunje :blob_grin:.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    Opelia, Am_elf, Alandra and 13 others like this.
  7. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    No for me, Yoohyun is too mess up and incapable to think like a normal human being to use a second chance properly. If avoiding Yoojin the first time caused his death, the second time he would go full yandere and imprison him in somewhere... and since Yoohyun is fixed only on Yoojin, a second chance where Yoohyun make up to all the wrong he did to him would feel like too Fanfiction territory to me... like those fanfiction written only to show how much the MC deserved to be loved and protected... ( Sorry, I really dislike this type)

Ang3Blue and Lucy_ like this.
  8. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's not forget when Young Chaos twisted Yujin's ear and scold him like he is a child, that is the first time I thought of him like "father is here!" LOL

9. kouhahime

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely:
    OOOOOHHH?! SSMC IS ALSO ONE OF MY FAV TROPES LOL. I read ORV first because my friend recommended it to me but I did not expect that level of self-sacrifice in the novel. It made me, a ssmc fan, to actually beg the mc to stop sacrificing himself because ITS JUST SO PAINFUL

Idk if it’s just me but ORV traumatized me for a bit since it’s the first novel that I completed that has 500+ chapters and also the ending was like :blobsob: BUT IT WAS A VERY APPROPRIATE ENDING considering ORV style.

The same friend recommended me TCF after and oooohhhh god TCF is like chicken soup for the soul after reading ORV. MC does act like a self-sacrifice maniac like ORV MC but idk the atmosphere of the novel is wholesome and found-family-esque. Not saying ORV is not found family, but the apocalypse tag made ORV a lot more angsty while TCF is just so GOOD.

After catching up to TCF, I started S-Class to complete the KR novel trinity LOL and here I am.

ALSO THANKS FOR YOUR SSMC DANMEI RECOMMENDATION IM ALSO A SUCKER FOR THAT TROPE I WILL BE SURE TO CHECK THEM OUT!!!

10. kouhahime

Reading List:
    Link
    oUGUHGUHAKSDAKD thank you for the explanation and also the SPICYY FANARTSASSDA AAHHH I RT-ed them immediately hooo boy. I only knew about the long hair and red eyes, so when I saw fanarts of YC i thought it was Yoohyun so I was like huh did Yoohyun get a transformation that causes his hair to turn longer? HAHA but now I know it's YC!

Don't apologize! That's totally fine if we have differing opinions lol. But yeah I can totally see Yoohyun just going full on yandere mode in the 2nd round for Yoojin. I didn't even think about Yoohyun going to the 2nd round LOL I only thought that Yoojin died in the 1st round and Yoohyun going angsty blabla but then the one going to the 2nd round is still Yoojin.

but hmm even if the setting were to be like this I don't think Yoojin will try as hard? He may think that he should do better in the 2nd round, but he still will think that Yoohyun still "hates" him so I think the original S-Class 1st chapter is appropriate and gives Yoojin a lot more incentive to "do better"

i don't know what is a transcendent/fillial children/etc and at this point I am too scared to ask LOL. I only sorta understand how Hyungjae and Yoohyun made a contract with them but Yoojin managed to get rid of it due to his curse resistance skill right but like honestly I don't understand at all even after reading the novel whewww

11. MaliciousBurial

MaliciousBurial Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are three factions of transcendent people: 1st, the filial children - they're those like the owner of the poisonous dragonkin, who made the contract with Yohyun and Hyunjae. Those people are in support of the sources (something they regard as their parents since those sources are where they came from). The sources are - for what reason ever - trying to swallow up the worlds they have created. And the filial piety group is in support of the worlds being swallowed up, so they make contracts with super-strong hunters like Yohyun. They say something like: the world is going to end, follow me and I will help you escape this world by the time it ends. That's why many of the strong made that contract - it is said that S-Classes, especially those who were born an S-Class, tend to look down on everyone else - since they themselves get shunned by society (it's an innate fear, as described by the parents of Yohyun not acknowledge him as their own blood). If a person make a contract, they usually can't be contacted by the immoral faction. And later on, they are told to let the dungeons break so the world can be swallowed up.

On the other hand, the immoral children, those imprisoned transcendents who help Yoojin, try to rescue as many words as possible from being swallow back into the source. Because of their rebellion, they were imprisoned, but they are strong, stronger than the filial piety children (said so by themselves). Those transcendents are beings strong enough to break out from their worlds (which they were once inhabitants of, just like Yohyun or Yoojin - they are on a myth level of strength. They try to strengthen the strong hunters so the dungeons can keep in check - that would give the worlds a few hundred years more instead of being swallowed up by the source. They are the people who created the system in Yoojin's world. It's to help the people getting used to their new abilities and to make them go into the dungeons etc. In other worlds, they use various different ways to communicate with the inhabitants, like prophecies and virtual reality and such. They are still shady in some ways, though. For example, they are willing to let go of a world and take away important key figures before they do so (they talked about taking Yoojin and also Myeongwoo).

The neutrals... are for example the star counting bird, the one who took 1st world Yohyuns dead body. It is told that those transcendents have no interest in those fights, they just do what they want or have different motives altogether. The bird, for example, is told to be in love with the fifth source, so it's loitering about that tree (the 5th source). I'm currently ploughing through MTLs without reading many of the spoilers, as to not spoil myself too much lol so that's all I can tell you about them for now.

There are some more facts about them, but I will keep it at this here. Hope this helped.

Alandra, Agavadon, Lisaa and 5 others like this.
  12. EvelynAinsworth

Reading List:
    Link
    In short, transcenders are "people who transcended", which means they have exceeded the usual abilities of a normal Awakened.

A normal Awakened will usually have a Possible Awakening stat from F to A~S. Very rarely, a few people will have a Possible Awakening stat of S (not A~S like what Yoojin saw from Yerim's or Kim Sunghan's status windows) and those people are called "Born S-class". (Chapter 66 for the entire explanation). Among relatively many S-classes around the world (about 8 of them just in Korea), there are only 5 Born S-classes around the entire world; which we have known to consist of Yoohyun, Sung Hyunje, and Riette (the remaining two are unknown even to the latest chapter). All of them have a special attribute that is related to nature (fire for Yoohyun, lightning for Hyunje, and possibly shear force for Riette).

According to the explanation of Curse Poison Dragons' Owner, Diarma, at the time before regression, Yoohyun almost reached the rank of SS, which was 8 years after his Awakening as a Born S-class. (Chapter 103). Which means, as time goes by, those Awakened could even raise their ranks to higher grades, like SS, SSS and even L or Myth class. For a transcender, it is unknown about their exact ranks, but Yoojin speculated that they must at least be a L-class. This indicates that, Born S-classes, which were already born as S-classes by nature, will have a faster speed of growing and transcending into transcenders. Although not really all transcenders were Born S-classes from the start. (Surprisingly, Young Chaos, whom I explained about in the previous post, only has a Possible Awakening stat of F~E, even though he is considered the strongest transcender now. This fact has given much hope to the fandom that, maybe in the future, our Yoojin will be another case of transcending from an F-class to a transcender as well).

As the name indicates, they are "children" who are crazily filial :blobsweat_2: I don't know whether you have grasped things about the Origin/the Source or not, nevertheless, I will put Mermaid Queen's explanation here:
    In short, they are transcenders who actively helped the source swallow the worlds. To do this, they contracted with Born S-classes so that the Born S-classes will receive information about skills, items, etc... as well as a way to escape the world when it falls into ruin in the future. In return, the Born S-classes will not be able to side with the system's side (the Immoral children).

The filial piety addicts that have appeared in the story include:
    - Diarma, the Owner of Curse and Poison Dragons. First boss in the story. Had the power of controlling curse poison dragons types. Sent Lauchitas to hunt down Yoojin before regression so that he would be able to control a disheartened Yoohyun after Yoojin's death, however, contrary to his expectation, Yoohyun died in Yoojin's stead. Was also betrayed by Sung Hyunje and rejected by Riette (LOL pitiful guy). After the regression, Yoojin broke the contract between Diarma and Hyunje, Yoohyun by his L-rank Curse Resistance and also released Riette from Diarma's brainwashing. Was killed by Yoojin with the aid of Mermaid Queen in chapter 105.
    - King of the Misty Sea, Luga Pyeya (? I'm not sure about her real name since it is written in Hangul). The filial piety addict that interfered when Diarma had died. Had a rather curious attitude towards Yoojin. Had the power of memory infiltration and triggered Yoojin's PTSD a lottt :sweating_profusely:. She was killed by Yoojin in chapter 276 with the help of Changeling/Gyeol/ the Faerie Dragon (aka Hyunje and Yoojin's child :blobsmirk:). However, she was not a completely bad person; how should I put this; it's just that she was in a different faction? Even Yoojin once thought about her along the line of "Too bad we weren't on the same side". After her death, a fragment of hers once appeared after a dungeon and gave Yoojin a special item called "King of the Misty Sea's Drawer" as dungeon reward item as well; it was an item that opened another dimension just like Myeongwoo's Gold Forge Owner skill.
    - Chatterbox, The Youngest of the Broken Maze, The Wizard with the Cage, Guy Os Sanus (? Once again I cannot interpret Hangul names :blobsweat_2:). Had a big crush on King of the Misty Sea although she didn't know at all :blob_teary: Wants to take vengeance on Yoojin for King of the Misty Sea's death. The on-going raw chapters are about Chatterbox's party. They haven't defeated him yet.
    - White Tail, Delous (?). Not a boss, but once appeared during the Japan's dungeon. Yoojin is currently using his item to turn himself into a cat for camouflaging those most recent chapters :blob_grin:

In contrast to the filial piety addicts, they are transcenders who want to prevent the source from swallowing the worlds. That's why they are called "immoral children", since they are the ones who want to beat up their parent (the source) and got kicked out of the house :blob_grin: They are very very strong compared to the filial piety addicts, but in return, their actions are mostly restricted (since they defied the source which is their own "parent"). They created the status window system and gives out items to promote the strength of Awakened people.

However, it is later revealed (around chapter 270) that they are actually not brilliantly righteous people who will save any worlds. In fact, they have already "swallowed" a lot of worlds. By killing every intelligent being in their own world, a person will immediately become a transcender. In return, they will become a member of the Immoral children faction, and using their transcendent strength to save the remaining worlds :facepalm: I know this sounds absurd, but their motto is along the line of "Sacrificing the smaller (their world) to save the greater good (the remaining worlds)". No matter how "noble" and "righteous" their purposes appear to be, they are actually transcenders who destroyed their own worlds that they grew up in. At this rate, they will not be any different from the source itself (instead of letting the source destroy the worlds, now they are actively swallowing their own birth worlds) :notlikeblob:

The immoral children that appeared in the story:
    - Water Droplet, Mermaid Queen. The transcender who first explained several things about the worlds, the sources, the transcenders and their factions to Yoojin. Helped Yoojin defeat Diarma. Later, she gave a one-time use item that consisted of a Myth-rank skill to Yerim. (chapter 112).
    - Tree, Deer, Wolf: Their real identities are unknown. Briefly appeared during the chat with Yoojin in chapters 66-67. Help manage the status window system.
    - Crescent Moon, The Moon that Swallowed a Thousand Worlds, The Cradle of Transcenders, Scouter: A rather complicated transcender. She is the one in charge of Sung Hyunje and gave him his signature Refined Seeker's Chain as a weapon. Before regression, she was the one who helped Hyunje break the contract with Diarma.
    She is excessively interested in Sung Hyunje. Whenever his world collapsed, she would take out his soul to plant him into another world, and continuously did that without any regards to Hyunje's personal opinion :sweating_profusely: . Just like that, the existence of Sung Hyunje is continuously stacked up to the point that his power is nearer to being a transcender's than a normal Awakened's or a Born S-class'. Instead of temporarily blocking the source to save the worlds like other immoral children, what she really wants is a "weapon" that will completely annihilate the source itself :blobfearful: And this weapon is Sung Hyunje, whom she calls "my lovely little moon". A fanart of her and Hyunje, which I found really accurate about their relationship: https://twitter.com/LevelSSong/status/1224912700108505088 Severing the connection between Hyunje and Crescent Moon to rescue Hyunje is one of Yoojin's goals in the novel.
    - Newcomer, The King Trapped in a Tower: The transcender in charge of managing and fixing the system. The only transcender with a background story in the novel. Had quite a sad past, really. A rather likeable transcender (although he did swallow his birth world :blobsweat_2:). And he is veryyyy cute :aww:
    https://twitter.com/peperoniniro/status/1161987940148342784 Newcomer and Young Chaos, the two most likeable transcenders in the novel
    https://twitter.com/s_lemong/status/1161856656407269376 Yoojin said that he looked like a Cocker Spaniel :blob_grin:

This faction only has one transcender, and that is the Star-Counting Bird, or White Bird. She supports neither of the two factions and just stays with the source most of the time. However, since she has a future foresight ability, finding her is extremely difficult, unless she comes out first.
    She took away the corpse of Yoohyun before regression. No one, even the transcenders from both factions, knows what her intention is in this matter.

In the past memory dungeon arc, around chapter 395-400, we get to know that this transcender is in love with the source. That's why she realized the Crescent Moon's real intention in "raising" Sung Hyunje to be a weapon to annihilate the source, and tried to find a way to stop his continuous existence. She prophesized to Sung Hyunje in one of his past lives that "there are only two existences that are able to free you from the Crescent Moon". One of them is Song Taewon, the other is Han Yoojin. So Yoojin speculated that she took away Yoohyun's corpse in order to make sure that Yoojin would not be able to give up preventing the completion of Sung Hyunje's existence and protecting the source. If Yoojin succeeds in preventing Crescent Moon, she will give back Yoohyun's corpse? This is still only a guess of Yoojin.

Wooo that was a wall of text :blob_grin::blob_grin: I wrote this in order to refresh my memory after MTL over 500 chapters as well lol:blobsweat::blobsweat: Hope that you can slowly savour this pile of information :aww:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Cyltea, Lisaa, lady-kyo and 12 others like this.
  13. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't notice that Crescent Moon was a Lady LOL, guess that is MTL for you :ROFLMAO:

EvelynAinsworth likes this.
  14. EvelynAinsworth

Reading List:
    Link
    For the White Bird, the King of the Misty Sea, the Crescent Moon as well, the author sometimes used the word "그" which is gender neutral and sometimes "그녀" which means "she" :blob_grin: I got a little bit confused at first as well since their titles didn't reveal anything about their genders lol

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Roses Blue, Anhye and Rinfantasy like this.
  15. kouhahime

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you both so muchhh! this will definitely become the guide when I read future chapters as well!

LOOOL yoojin really be out here using his enemy's items to his own disposal cri imagine being the enemy :sick:

I don't blame the Immoral Children from having to swallow some worlds in order for the greater good. You can't save everyone afteralll :notlikeblob:
    I can't wait to meet Young Chaos and Hangyeol~

16. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    Hyunjae, I'm so disappointed in you :blob_catflip:, to think you envy your pre-regression self and thinks the regression took away the joy you found in someone sacrificing his life for you (Mr. Song) and the peace you realized on being a lonely existence like some kind of Buddhist illumination because your experiences were something you decided on your own terms... feel like when people that got new things to care about complain about the past being more simple because now they feel and care too much :ROFLMAO: Hyunjae said he want to do all the things he can do with Yujin, putting aside my inner fangirl voice that would advise him to directly "do" Yujin LOL I wonder if Hangyeol think Hyunjae is dangerous because seeing how he want to feel and do "everything", maybe he would also want to know what feel like to murder Yujin?
    P.S. Hyunjae feel bored and complained he experienced everything because his multiple lives but he never did shopping in a normal supermarket with someone before and other things now I can't remember... feel like you are pretty choosing for someone that complain on life being ripetitive LOL good luck on being a slave! :blob_pompom:Look like the next stage is a roleplay, for now the role confirmed are Yujin being the Thief, Yoohyun and Peace being the policeman and Hyunjae is the the slave.
    P.P.S. can someone explain to me Newcomer backstory? I didn't understand why he killing everything in his world was the better choice in the end...

17. EvelynAinsworth

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the wonderful spoiler :aww::aww:
    From what I understood from the MTL, he had always been taught to sacrifice the smaller for the greater good. Just like how a wizard was supposed to sacrifice himself for the lives of desert’s people, Newcomer - who grew up as a wizard - got influenced by that belief. So when he made the village prosper and the village turned into a city, under the suggestion of others, he sacrificed that small village for the greater good - the world. And when “moonlight” (possibly Crescent Moon) told him to abandon this world, turning into a transcender to save many other worlds, he did it without hesitation. Because that was the belief that he was always taught by others :blobdizzy:

18. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! Guess I just didn't understand why he should have cared about the other worlds more than his owns. Since there is a bit of gap between Yujin turning into a cat and the new stage I will add more
    Yujin as a cat got out of the building but Peace followed him because he smelled his special item thinking he was a thief ( when he turned into a cat his smell also changed) meanwhile Yoohyun&co blocked the others hunters searching for Yujin (and look like Hyunjae really wants his date with Yujin in the aquarium LOL). Yujin got in a fight with the stray animals of New York but he was rescued by Peace. Yujin didn't want to turn human afraid the others and especially Yerim would learn about his cat transformation hence he licked peace and made him understand the cat was his dad, Peace became excited and wanted to play with him like he does with other cubs. Yujin hid himself in Peace's fur and reached first the island and then met the others in human form. At the ten a.m Chatterbox open the livestram and Yujin and the others read the fans comments in real time. Yujin is pretty popular with the elderly LOL guess another reason why Hyunjae likes him. Hyunjae and Yujin are still acting like they aren't close anymore. Chatterbox send the hunters in a dangeon where they have to choose one of three path, Yujin ask the audience for advices. Yujin used again his pink bike to move in the dungeon and livestreamed himself falling in a cliff and defeating two A class monsters using food to make them fight each other. Passing this stage he gets the role of the Thief. Yoohyun used the marketing strategy taught by his legal advisor and head of the employees of the guild (sorry I can type his name right apart Seok LoL) to appeal the audience and said how much he loved his brother so they should support Yujin as well, he also sent a heart ( I bet Yerim would throw up for the sheer weirdness) LOL he defeated the monsters with peace and got his role. Next was Hyunjae and Hangyeol, the fans only cared about his face LOL apart Hyunjae thoughts that I said in the previous post, he said to Hangyeol that if he want to stay with Yujin he should enter human society, moreover that Yujin has little time left and that started his philosophical shit. Guess Yujin must defeat Crescent moon for good to make Hyunjae stop to be pessimistic. Hangyeol regretted his partnership because he never got to be near his dad :cry: so he bit Hyunjae with vengeance but Hyunjae made look like to the audience that they get along well so Hangyeol felt more humiliated! When Hyunjae got the role of slave, the dragon was like "WTF did you do?!"
    I just remembered that Hyunjae already expressed his desire to feel also negative emotions toward Yujin around chapters 498/500 so I guess my concern is pretty much real...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Am_elf, Meri, Alandra and 12 others like this.