Discussion Oh yeah!!! Don't you just love it when Webnovel drop Plague Doctor once again?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by OhCmmon, Aug 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhCmmon

OhCmmon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The title said it.
    Honestly, I won't even argue anymore.
    At this point everyone know the game is rigged.
    The fact that a generic cultivation piece of shit full of plot holes made by a retarded author got chosen over Plague Doctor said it all.

Fulminata and animefan217 like this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Wn has a habit of dropping gold novels in favour of trash. Doomsday wonderland, pursuing immortality, way of the devil, Trafford’s Trading Club are also part of the long list of novels they dropped

3. ZachB

ZachB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its because generic novels are very attractive to new readers and doesnt attract old readers too much because we have read alot of novels that makes us guess the general direction of the story.
    Those complicated novels arent very atttactive to new readers.
    Its like how popular Solo levelling is, but not as popular to us old readers, because we have read more better version of it.

4. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least it was dropped in the trial read not after being picked up.

Thankfully TTC got picked up by someone else TEG sounds interesting wonder if someone will grab it.

But they should broaden their genres more if possible got grab 45454 generic cultivation novels.

5. OhCmmon

OhCmmon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is TTC and TEG?

6. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    TTC=Trafford’s Trading Club TEG=The Empress's Gigolo.

7. NodiX

NodiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sheer amount of paid translations they're hosting means that they have to let go novels that don't perform as good as they hoped to. Just because a novel is "generic cultivation piece of shit full of plot holes made by a retarded author" doesn't mean it brings less traffic than other novels. In the first place, Chinese WN started out getting big when "generic cultivation piece of shit full of plot holes made by a retarded author" novels were introduced to oversea readers.

8. YWL

YWL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're paying translators to do the trail read. Assuming that the rates are similar to 2017, that's 30-40 bucks a chapter. at 60 chapters, that's 1800 or 2400.

Spirit stones or coins or whatever cost 50 per dollar. Only the last 20 chapters are vip-ed. Cost roughly 10 coins to unlock a chapter.

So, 20 cents per chapter.

To make the investment back, excluding all credit card processing fees, they need to sell the 20 chapters to 9k or 12k people. And, it seems like if they don't sell, they're returning the coins of those that purchased the vip chapters.

So yeah, bad investment all around. 2.4k down the drain.

I checked the genre and sypnosis too, ain't nobody going to read a mystery horror story and pay for it. You can get those genre by going to your thrift store and picking up a few books at the dollar section. Those are generally edited and would have better writing than webnovels.

TLDR: qidian needs to 150-200 people to pay for a chapter just to break even. Not worth the time, effort and money to try to make it popular.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    NodiX likes this.
  9. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TBH , with how much they spend on trial read and with how much hard work they do, they can easily completely translate some very good completed novels with 60-180 chapters.
    They would have portfolio of around 30 completed good novels which would generate future revenue perpetually.
    Now all they have people cussing them for choosing bad novel with bad publicity and no future imcome as people would not read 60 chapters just to be bitter.

animefan217 likes this.
  10. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Pursuing immortality:blobdead:
    That still makes me so sad. It was the most unique and interesting modern day cultivation novel I read. It even had 400c translated

11. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Something something profits

pkhyber likes this.
  12. redanxela

redanxela Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think TEG is on hiatus. Update stopped suddenly in MTL and here I am just scratching my head off.

As for TTC, if only TTC MC isn't aromantic. A poor badly written romance is enough for me (at least in TTC) have already board maid (what's her name again?) MC ship:cry::cry::cry:

13. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Even then for TEG it got dropped roughly 300 ch. before last chapter but for me in general fine with no romance at all.

14. Muspon

Muspon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its still here idk what your raging about just because it didn't get selected doesen't mean its not there and the one that got selected is not generic because unlike those generic bad cultivation story's it is pure comedic gold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.