LCD Big Life

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just caught up

p: This is why you start of doing something more stable while you write. Even if its fast food work, its still a more reliable source of income than writing when no one knows who you are.

Then, if you manage to write a few successful things, or a major hit, you can quit your job and focus on writing. If things start going down hill, you have a lot more options. Teacher at a community college, guest lecturer, etc while you try keep writing.

c1: Why even go to the college reunion? Its hard to believe that anything good would come of it in his current state.

I guess this is the guy who's going to die? I'm kinda looking forward to it at this point. Unless the MC did something to him at school to warrant this kind of behavior. Even then, its kinda petty to kick someone when they're already so far down.

c3: I wish I had a harder time believing that editors actually asked their writers to dumb things down to that degree.

Aww, I was hoping the dead guy he got his cheat from would be the moron from earlier.

c5: Not sure I like the fact that going from a strong woman who slaps to a weak one who begs makes something more likely to sell :( Guess I'll just have to assume that she was a villain character with no possibility of romantic feelings for the MC of his story.

c7: I hope he doesn't forgive his father with a simple apology. Honestly, even after he says he forgives him, I kinda wish he'd cut ties. A fair weather father is even worse than a fair weather friend and there's no need for either in your life.

c8: If this were a standard book, I'd be expecting him to get super high on his success, completely lose track of who he is and who he wants to be before finally returning to his past self, a wiser and happier person, with little to no mention of how he was going to make ends meet. As it is, I wonder where the author is going with all this. It doesn't seem like a story with a long term future really.

c9: He just missed a perfect opportunity to tell the guy to go f' himself.

c10: Nothing the guy said seemed that evil though? Yeah, it wasn't nice, but it wasn't malicious either. Did the MC really expect them to keep printing his books at a loss with no hint of profit on the horizon? If he was really concerned about the story, he could have just published the fifth book online.

c12: I have a feeling that by the time his old publishing company is willing to accept those terms, he won't be ;)

c13: I wonder if the general manager will still have a job if he can't sign the MC?

c14: Considering how traumatized he felt, I'm surprised he's willing to talk to them.

c15: I hope this doesn't turn into a harem.

c21: He should go to the professor's birthday. There will be plenty of other chances to brag to his fellow writers about how awesome he's become.

c22: Yeah, in that situation, she should call security.

He should have tried to write something creative with the pen, or possibly do some artwork. He gave up way too quickly, without really even trying.

I wonder if Myunghoon will break into his home and find that note he just wrote to himself about his new powers.

c24: So why not offer to publish what he's writing for the contest? Its not like they only publish martial arts novels after all. Or have him start work after the contest and a nice vacation. His usual pace was a book a month, so as long as they don't just shove everything out as soon as he gives it to them, the readers won't even notice the gap.

c27: Wow, how can he even look himself in the face after bragging about the work of his ghost writer? He should run for office.

c29: I kinda expected the MC to take the grand prize and a runner up prize with his Child of the 90's and the story about his sister.

This chapter really needs a bit of proofreading...

c30: Why would they announce the winner first? Its common sense at these things that the winner comes last so that people will be willing to listen to the non-winners' speeches.

I was really hoping A Dumb Woman wasn't his story about his sister. Its such an insulting thing to do to someone who has given up so much for you :/

@Parth37955 can you link this to the series page?

2. luvist

luvist 『Tony's Last Title (Retired)』

Reading List:
    Link
    so this about proof reading?

3. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    @jacobpaige ....you actually reviewed most of the chapters. Damn you're enthusiastic. Not sure whether you're enjoying the novel or not though lol.

And yeah, the ghost writer chapter....it gave me a shock. He thinks that he's awesome even though his bro does all the good work.

To be honest though, I felt that the MC is sorta similar. He's using the cheat that allows the dead guys spirit or whatever to help himself.

4. ElTorroLoco

ElTorroLoco [Christmas spiritbun][Left Hand of Sordahon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhh looks interesting ill take a look.

jacobpaige likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    ?
    You mean chapter 29? Yeah, there were a lot of errors that a proofreader would have caught.

I like it. I'm just not clear on what kind of series it wants to be in the long run.

The dead guy isn't writing for him though. He's just helping him to be the best version of himself he can be (as a writer). Its basically the level of ability that he would have had if he'd been able to survive for another decade or so as a writer.

The other guy though, he's not even trying. He just puts in the minimum effort and then tosses it to his brother and says "fix this." If his brother really wants him to succeed as a writer, he needs to start saying no and meaning it. Though I think he'd probably just have a breakdown and go on a killing spree rather than realizing that there's anything about himself that he needs to fix. He's way too fragile really. Its like his ego is a Christmas ornament the size of Jupiter.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it feels like he's losing touch with why he became a writer. Maybe it would help if he just cut ties with his father and ignored his existence. Perhaps if he wasn't so fixated on his father's expectations and approval, he could remember what was important enough to him to defy the man in the first place.

The downside is that his mother and sister would probably keep trying to force them together no matter how toxic they were to each other, which might force him to cut ties with them to for the sake of his own sanity.

7. Senior Brother

Senior Brother Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nonsense. The father.. he had high expectation for his son, and worried for his future.
    He won't be able to avoid death of starvation if not for the sudden cheat.
    His father may do that so that his son will quit being a wannabe suck writer and follow in his father business.

8. 123ash3

123ash3 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeahhhhh about those editors.
    I ain't got anyone

9. GateOfD

GateOfD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it goes overboard with how fast he writes.
    like 7 books in under a week?
    Like shouldn't more people be suspicious that he's taking drugs or having other people write for him.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder which company he called, and whether or not he plans to pay for the car ;)
    His father doesn't have a business and if the MC hadn't gotten his cheat, he probably would have killed himself. If his father really wants him to give up his risky career as a writer, he needs to maintain a good enough relationship with his son so that the MC will feel comfortable telling him he failed. The way things are now, the MC would rather die than admit that his father was right.

At the very least, he could try to be happy for his son now that he's experiencing some success. If he's still worried, then he should be counseling the MC to save his money and invest it wisely in case he has another bad case of writer's block or something. Just assuming that he has no future as a writer, no matter what happens, and trying to force that certainty onto his son is basically the same as calling his son a hopeless loser who will never amount to anything.

11. thymee

thymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wooho 3 chapter, tsundere suhee is hnnnngggg >.<

12. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    @jacobpaige i thought a dumb woman was great tho. its there in my 'most touching moment in a novel' list right next to ke yunhai of ISSTH.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have a problem with the book's contents, I just really hate the name.

14. Ratatoskr

Reading List:
    Link
    i think the title is fitting. it's not like he's saying she's dumb dumb. the content explained the title.

SeiraJLoyard likes this.
  15. proxy31

proxy31 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool Drugs

16. SeiraJLoyard

SeiraJLoyard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, i feel that the title was made in a sarcastic but loving kinda way. Like the feeling of I see how much you do for me and love you for it, but because of it, you're stupid because you need to stop worrying about me (the MC) and more about yourself. if that made sense...

but I totally cried during that scene...so touching >///<

17. Ratatoskr

Reading List:
    Link
    ikr. one of the best touching moments. on par with ISSTH ke yunhai arc on my list.

18. Slaggedfire

Slaggedfire Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but I can't like this. Why you may ask? I just don't like how they use the excuse of MAGIC as the reason why he becomes a good author, not talent or hard work or an actual creative mind. I'd like to point in the direction of the author of the Kingkiller chronicles; now according to him he spent over ten years WORLD BUILDING. The MC releases a fantasy book in a fantasy world, a unique world, in what? A month? Just downright disrespectful and they claim people actually want to read that, something that took minimal effort and time.

I find this to completely destroy any form of immersion, fantasy is so much more than dragons, elves, dwarves and magic.

19. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, how to say, to me... The fantastical things that the mc receive are just accesories- the ability to spot mistakes/edits, the mug that can be used to make him able to work (not be tired), the fast typing posibility and.. The abbility to feel certain emotions when the cat help. I don't know if there are others, but, I don't think that those books are 'free' -he still has to put effort and needs an editor and someone to correct the content flow/logic.

Leaving aside the fact that, in a way, the writer doesn't really talk about the content of those books, this novel, in a way, reminds me of IRAS and of a similar manga.

And so on.

20. Dori

Dori CDLevit.

Reading List:
    Link
    'Sukaje was listening. It was a conversation as a reader not as a father.
    “...but there’s so many things. I don’t know about law. And it’s weird to keep looking it up. And there’s so many questions.” - here, an example of the fact that his books are still written by him.

I'd really like for Dasul to end up happy.