LCD The Chronicles of a Lost Man in His Forties Founding a Nation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Diukes, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    So, i have read 8 chapters that are available atm, and i must admit that it was quite amusing. MC magic system (different from lokal magicans it seems) reminds me somehow of NvN (Neverwinter Nights) where he could use only few magic spells from certain levels (D&D system to be more precise ;p). In description there is "While wavering between commonsense and desire, the protagonist eventually becomes dragged into a war that will dictate the destiny of all humankind." so i somehow have hope that it will turn even better. Well, we still don't know much, we have seen mc in few situations already, and he seems to be mature, i hope that he will remain as one friendly gandalf-like mc. And here is no harem tag so...

Its quite eraly to rate but atm it would be 4/5 for magic system which is to my liking and no harem and game elements tags.

EDIT: Sorry for mistakes, english is not my native... ;p

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Aternus likes this.
  2. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like gamey DND stories as well been following this one. MC seems like an actual real person and not a caricature of an archetype.

Beginning was a little strange since been max level he should still be far stronger than a normal human but I actually like the fact he's a glass cannon, makes for a more interesting story.

CountryMage and Diukes like this.
  3. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Max level Wizard 42 years old single. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4. akaradiance

akaradiance Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the only bad thing about the novel is MC act like a 16 years old virgin

5. Nume

Nume [Arcadia Blade Onee-chan][Shameless Paladin]

Reading List:
    Link
    A level 36 wizard in D&D 3e with Constitution 14 (quite high for a mage) has 36d4+72 PV, an average of 142 PV and a Base Attack Bonus of +18, wich makes him about as powerfull as level 7 warrior in close combat (If you discount the fact that he has no Feats for weapons, armours, etc, no extra combat habilities, and no high Strengh for bonus damage, 140PV and +18 attack is about a level 10 warrior would have). So, yeah, he could hold his own against some level 1 or 2 bandits.

But from the description I think he's using the rules from AD&D (the game 2nd edition), in where wizards are even more febble than in the 3e. So maybe is not so distant from reality.

CountryMage likes this.
  6. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    It kind surprise me that a novel with almost 40 chapters out don't have a LCD here yet. Well, the novel is good, and as a fan of Dungeon & Dragons and tabletop RPG myself, I found it very entertaining. What do you think that the anki are?

7. ghostpeople

ghostpeople Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they are some mage charcter like the old guy Gio? who messed up and fell into the chaos and left open a portal

8. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    :O
    Novel title seems interesting... link?

9. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the protagonist a wimpy JP LN trope who goes along with everything everyone else asks him to do?

Sordahon likes this.
  10. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    not much fandom yet @Nume?

11. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know what they are exactly, but Gio's magic was tied to their system, according to what the Guardian said.

Maybe army of rival God, their very presence seems "other" to people of that world, and Gio.

12. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I wonder how he got to max lvl in rpg where you ROLE PLAY a godlike wizard for 10 years and not being able to use that irl.

13. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for clarifying that. Now I know not to start reading. *sigh*

15. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    The mc is powerful but he one of the biggest wimps I have ever read about. I ended up dropping this.

16. ghostpeople

ghostpeople Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well he doesn't have overlord calming system due to race, he is a salaryman in japan, nothing but a yes man, in the latest chapters he is doing better about being more assertive so has a chance of being better

17. Nydestroyer

Nydestroyer Special Name.

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw he does not go along with what everyone says, and starts taking charge of the situation upturning government agencies due to problems he sees with them. Literally the only thing he "goes along with" is acting more "Wizard like" in front of normal people due to him "needing to look more important for a man of his power". But I won't deny that hes has the normal japanese mentality in this situation which if you dont enjoy its fine. Personally I enjoy the setting and the idea of the story and find Gio to be a very interesting character in the way he approaches things. (Plus I play dnd/pathfinder/pnprpgs quite often so I have a heavy bias)

CountryMage and Rickymex like this.
  18. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    the novel is quite interesting. yep, the mc is kinda wimpy, but he tried to play his role as "the great wizard", and did quite a good job at it. a corporate sheep who alwys bows to his superior, now tries and act like the biggest, wisest big shot around. kek.
    one thing that i like about this novel is that it didnt try to force the usual slow life route, and it got a good grasp of what he needs to do, instead of the vague "looking a way back home" kind of goal.
    now, i've been looking for this all around the web (*cough, google) but i cant find it's meaning. what the heck is TUEE???

19. Nume

Reading List:
    Link
    Detail for the last post there being mine. xD

Gio got to know in the Magician Guild how a magician works within the natural world rules, but wizardry works outside the natural world. Someting like Order and Chaos entities, maybe? It would also work with the alignment system from D&D, where you've the moral (order/chaos) and the ethic (good/evil) axis to explain the basic thinking of NPCs and PCs and how certain abilities work (like the detect evil and smite evil from paladin class).

Also, in a way, the magicians from that world make me remember the sorcerer from D&D. They're born with magic, and that magic is like breathing to then, completelly natural. They know less spells than wizards, but got to cast more of then a day than wizards do, ending up becoming something like a combat mage type class while the wizards got to be the all around magic type class.

CountryMage and Diukes like this.
  20. xtudiux

xtudiux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nicely ask