Spoiler Shadow queen (manhwa)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ChuChi, Jun 8, 2020.

1. tiffaniria

tiffaniria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thanks for the spoiler! That was so sweet
    May I know if Ciel knows Elena is a fake when he confesses?
    I wonder when and how he finds out in the 2nd timeline.
    Thanks!

2. hallouminator

hallouminator New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry if they already asked this but I still dont understand: Why do they need Elena to act as 'Veronica'? Why does 'Veronica' stay in the dark in the middle of the story then eventually kills Elena in the end of the first timeline? What is Veronica and her father's goal/purpose for that? o_O

nielyti likes this.
  3. MiserableSOUL

MiserableSOUL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

4. Yomii2020

Yomii2020 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone help me where I find the chapters of the complete novel or if they have the book to download or buy ??? help me please

djan29 likes this.
  5. honingzoet

honingzoet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ridibooks/kakaopage

djan29 and Yomii2020 like this.
  6. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers. Can I please asked whatever happened to Liz and the knight who killed MC’s parents?

nielyti and DOHere like this.
  7. Sarahlin

Sarahlin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, what happened to her parents? Did they ever meet again?

DOHere likes this.
  8. mijikado

mijikado [Unorganized Member]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve just begun MTL-ing the volume 4 (out of 6) of the Novel and things became pretty interesting

In the first timeline, Ciel as Crown Prince had announced abruptly Cecilia as the Crown Princess (seems like he had a secret agreement with her father)

In this current timeline however, he became quickly enamoured with Elena (they met up secretly to create plans to destroy the Grand Duke family), that’s why he tried to keep the Crown Princess’ spot vacant just for her (« I don't want to leave a little blemish on the crown princess’ seat for her,")
    Unfortunately for him, at Elena’s request, he finally accepted to organize a ceremony to elect the Crown Princess (very important event later in the story)

In this timeline, they were alive!
    At Elena’s birthday (after Veronica’s execution), they sent her a box which contained little things from her childhood (the crown she made for her mother, her teddy bear,...) :blobmelt:
    They probably visited each other once in a while but not so often though since Elena was sooo busy

At first they needed to hide Veronica’s poisoning by having a substitute.
    But Elena was a really good ‘fake Veronica’, even better than the original one, so they just decided to force her to work hard and build a good reputation for Veronica before her return.
    Since Elena was simply a substitute, every of her achievements would be imputed to the Real Veronica. When Elena wasn’t ‘useful’ anymore, they would just have to eliminate her and Veronica would take everything without lifting a finger.

Yes, the confession happened after Veronica’s execution so of course he knew :blobokhand:
    He found out pretty early that she was a substitute (first half of the main story) but I don’t know about the details sorry :blobpensive:

For the rest of the questions I haven’t reach those parts yet but I’ll put on spoilers as soon as I reach them. :blobsalute:

9. hallouminator

hallouminator New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh wow. Thanks for answering all of our questions. Now I get it. (y)

mijikado likes this.
  10. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huaa, thank you so much. Can you give us more spoiler about ciel x elena moments?

mijikado likes this.
  11. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know what is Leabrick's relationship with the Duke's family please anyone?:aww:

nielyti likes this.
  12. mijikado

Reading List:
    Link
    In chapter 234, during their sleep-over, Lucia asked Elena if she and Ciel had kissed or doing anything more, in which Elena was very embarassed since they had only hold hands (hold hands, see each other in the moonlight, and walk together..). The surprised Lucia exclaimed that even middle schoolers nowadays kissed :blobxd:
    Elena thought about her past memories and baby Ian. They still left a scar in her heart, but she knew how considerate was Ciel so she thought it was time to move on.

In chapter 235, Elena organized a musical play and invited Ciel to watch it with her. When Ciel arrived he was quite worried because of her pale complexion (she worked very hard to prepare the play) but Elena reassured him that it was okay.
    Elena sat next to Ciel with their shoulders almost touching
    During the play, she couldn't concentrate at all and kept admiring Ciel. She felt confort next to him and eventually fell asleep
    When she woke up, the play was over and everybody was gone except Elena and Ciel haha.
    Ciel opened his mouth when he noticed she opened her eyes
    ''would you like to rest a little more?'' and wrapped her head, pulled it gently and leaned it on his shoulder.
    Elena was embarassed since it was the first time she showed this disorganized appearance to someone else, especially Ciel.
    But contrary to her expectation, Ciel turned his head, looked at Elena with a deep look as if she was being sucked in and wrapped her check in the soft touch of his hand and asked her if she believed him if he said that she was adorable? :blobmelt:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  13. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, looking forward for next spoiler :aww:

Maggie0401 and mijikado like this.
  14. chll51

chll51 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's so touching to see the emperor loving her so much. I'm so glad he wasn't an ass finding out she was a fake or tried to punish her in anyway (minus acting cold to her to save her)

15. mijikado

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers time!
    My brain is actually dying from the MTL :blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

Under the name of L, Elena organized a Secret Mask Salon. She used Lucia's appearance (wig, glasses,...)

That day, Elena met up with Len and asked him if he was her enemy in which he answered that they were on the same side now and he would help her to destroy the Grand Duchy.

Hurelbad and Elena's people were quite worried about this collaboration since Len was a double edge sword: His potential was sure to be a great help but there was also a risk that he might go out of control, but Elena still decided to trust him.

Veronica was now awoken and was ready to return at anytime.

With that in mind, Elena and Ciel had a secret met-up. Ciel was dead-worried and asked Elena to leave as soon as possible since the Grand Duke would come to take her life very soon.
    However, Elena knew that even if they had inflicted a financial damage to the Grand Duchy (the destruction of the opium plantation), it still lacked a decisive blow.

In order to buy herself sometimes, Elena asked Ciel to organize a selection to elect the Crown Princes, with the final ceremony in four month. Reluctant but Ciel utimately accepted her request.
    Since Veronica hadn't been in society in over 3 years, Liv and the Grand Duchy would have no choice but to embrace Elena who was equipped with the necessary qualities to fight against other nobles.
    During that time, Elena would use her status as Princess Veronica to turn the nobility around.
    Before leaving, Ciel asked Elena to not get hurt and if she felt dangerous, just throw everything away and get out of there.

At Liabrick (Liv)'s side, she was surprised with the news of the Crown Princess' ceremony, and just as Elena predicted, she and the Grand Duke decided to use Elena for the competition.
    Liv came to inform the Real Veronica about her delayed return and promised her that when she came back, the Crown Princess' would already be ready for her to sit.
    Veronica warned Liv that she would not accept any blemishes when she came back but accepted the decision. For Veronica, the seat was obviously for her since in the only Empire, there was only Ciel who was fit for her (she did not like him romantically but she thought that only him would be at her level of nobility gosh :facepalm:)

Liv came to see Elena and give her a letter from her parents (obviously a fake since they didn't know their whereabouts and they didn't know that the mastermind was Elena haha), threatened her to do well in the Crown Princess' competition if not they would take back the money from them.
    Elena just laughed inside and played with Liv's abominable prank.

Liv increased Elena's lessons but her teacher (Madam the Pangloz) knew that Elena was already perfect so instead they just leisurely having tea time or she just let Elena alone and the latter continued to prepared her plan :blobjoy:

The servent brought out fortune cookies and Elena understood that inside those biscuits there were secret messages from Len to not make the Grand Duchy suspicious (Len i'm pretty impressed about you haha)

Later, Liv dragged Elena into a nobles' meeting to try to find faults in her but Elena just succeded in everything (her gaze, hand gestures, speech were all perfect haha)
    Elena just thought "Veronica won't get her reputation either way :blobjoy:"

Inside Liabrick's mind, doubts became more and more intense "maybe, really if..she lied to me?!" As in the past she would have dismissed as nonsense but not anymore (ya know when she failed as appointing Lorentz as Elena's watchdog and many other stuffs).
    She secretly asked for Anne the maid to report to her everything, but Anne just lied by fear. Liv noticed there was a ruby ring in Anne's finger.
    She understood that Elena had pretented to trust Anne, gave her a precious jewelry and ultimately succeded in buying her :blobjoy:

Elena attented some other meetings and she noticed that Liabrick became more and more wary of her.
    This time, she danced with Len and during the dance they talked about political stuffs (I'm lazy to MTL sorry :blobsweat_2:)
    She also talked with some other nobles. I skipped those parts too but she managed to manipulate some of them, secretly came to their mansion disguised as May (with Hurelbad as her side) and proposed to them some investissment.

Back to Ciel, he met up with a Jacqueline who was introduced to him by Elena as "L". They talked about the preparation of the downfall of the Grand Duchy and Jacqueline said that she thought Ciel and L were lovers and Ciel had a faint smile haha

First contest was tea time. There were 34 candidates.

Of course, Elena was perfect. Other nobles including Abella (she came from other grand families) tried to mock 'Fake Veronica' but Elena just smiled and talked to them about the illegal transaction during the late-night ball recently and those girls freaked out

In the meantime, Leabrick tried to find the 'suspicious' people who came to the late-night ball and ultimately destroyed their financial income (the ball was financed by the Grand Duke). Her doubt came to Ciel (yep they also monitored the Crown Prince) and understood that him too was up to something.
    Since there were too many stuffs going on, Liabrick overworked and became more and more skinny.

Anyway, she came to Elena's room and announced her result: 'fake Veronica' came 1st with an overwhelming score.
    Elena played the fake white lotus and acted as if she was really surprised and happy while Liv pretended to be a "good sister", holding Elena's hands, and questioned her about Len, about why she met up with him. She kept pressuring Elena in order to find some faults and mistakes.
    Well, Elena just cried and made some excuse that she met up with him because Len knew she was a substitute . Liv patted Elena shoulders, saying that Elena wouldn't need to worry because she would take care of it blabla

Lorentz reported everything to the Real Veronica. The latter didn't seem so uninterested anymore. This time, she asked Lorentz to tell Liabrick to keep the doll (= Elena) alive. Lorentz didn't understand why and Veronica explained that it would be more fun to see the despair in her substitute "You take what's most precious, you trample on it, you throw it away. Just as fair as you enjoyed it...I'll give it to you, to that mean b!tch who looks like me"

The second contest was a face-to-face with the elders.
    Elena came down the stair, the grand duke waited for her, hugged her and prayed for her good fortune.

During the competition, Elena gave different answers compared to other candidates and the jury seemed to really like her.

The contest ended, Elena had a secret talk with Ciel (he was so cuute, I mean he said something like "It's a shame that you're doing so well. There's no room for me to come forward" or "meeting you is the greatest blessing of my life" :blobmelt: ) and talked about the plan in her head. Ciel was really amazed :aww:

Liabrick was now in a difficult position: she made a mistake (opium plantation and stuffs) but was given another chance to made up because she was trusted by the Grand Duke, but things kept slipping out of her hands. If she couln't succeed this time, she would likely lost her position. Panicked, she went to the Grand Duke, tried to persuade him and asked him to give her 10 more days to split up the organized aristocracy.
    But there was no place for her in the heart of the Grand Duke.
    He was disappointed in Liv and she couldn't not do anything as she pleased anymore.

Still Liv confided to the Grand Duke than the 'Fake Veronica' was really suscious and said goodbye to the Grand Duke who didn't even bother to look at her.

When Elena heard from Anne that Liabrick was leaving the palace, she was so happy that she wanted to laughed at her with a sad performance. But it was too early to be intoxicated with a small victory. The duke and Veronica were still alive and there was still a long way to go.

Just in time, Elena saw Liv leaving the mansion. Their gazes collided, Elena didn't avoid the eye. There were no need to deceive Leabrick anymore, and she had a faint but clear smile around her mouth

After Liv left, Lorentz came to see Elena as the Grand Duke's command and promised to serve Elena with all his heart. Elena just laughed as his hypocrisy and acted as if she was really happy to have him. Nevertheless, Elena felt safe because she knew she had Hurelbad by her side.

Lorentz's appointment to control Elena was not a coincidence, it was issued by the grand duke, which was caused by Liabrick suspicion.

The third contest was to see the Empress (Empress Florence was crowned Empress after Empress Seon (Ciel mother) died, in the first timeline she caught little Ciel like a mouse and vented her anger by persistently harassing Elena)

Before the actual contest, the following events contained in the spoilers below took place. And of course, because of that, Elena was unable to attend the 3rd competition

Guess who's back? Liv!
    Even with Lorentz by Elena's side, Liv still wanted to have revenge and decided to launch an attack to kill Elena. She deployed the 2nd infantry division around the Grand Duke palace with some of the 1st infantry division (yes a bunch of people).
    Now she couldn't look down on Elena anymore. She recognized her as an equal or greater than herself.
    She waited for Elena to come out to kill her.

However, Elena was a few steps ahead and escaped. They couldn't even find Lorentz either. Panicked, Liv ordered the army to dispatch and find Elena.

In the pretext of forgetting something, Elena asked Hurelbad and Lorentz stay outside of her room.
    A while later, Hurelbad knocked the door. No answers. He called several times but there was still no answer.

Feeling something strange, Lorentz turned the doorknob roughly and ran into the room. His expression hardened as he witnessed the empty drawing room. He searched everywhere as if being possessed but couldn't find any trace of Elena.

Click.

When Lorentz turned around, he saw Hurelbad locked the door.
    "What is this about?"

Hurelbad, whose expression did not change even though Elena had vanished
    "The lady told me to deliver the message"
    He pulled out the sword
    "I'll give Lord Lorentz, the knight of Betrayal, a sabbatical. That's the punishment for you"

Lorentz's face was beautifully distorted. It sound ridiculous and insulting to say that a little junior was going to punish him :facepalm:

"The knight of betrayal? I've accepted you as a knight without foundation, and you're not even have the qualifications for, it's a sight. Listen to me Hurelbad! The knight of betrayal is not me but you! You don't even know that your owner is a fake princess. Putting a sword at me is an act of betraying the great house itself!

Hurelbad's expression did not change a bit. He raised his sword and showed firm determination
    "This is my chivalry" (Hurelbad ma boii :aww:)

"What?"

"My lady is only her. Betraying her is the most disgraful thing to me"

"You son of a.....you know everything from the beginning!"
    Now Lorentz understood the situation. It was premeditated to keep him and Hurelbad away from the drawing room under the pretext of being sensitive ahead of the 3rd contest.
    Lorentz grated his teeth

"That's why I don't accept the rootless. You or that b!tch".
    He pulled out the sword he was wearing. A creepy energy flowed from the blade.
    "If I torture you, I'll be able to track down the face princess. Do you knowthe fake princess made a mistake? Leaving you here. You'll never win me'

Lorentz kicked the ground, blew himself away and rushed at Hurelbad but the latter slanted his body and splat his attack.
    Lorentz kept on attacking and Hurelbad kept on avoiding. In anyone's eyes, Lorentz was in charge of the game. He went wild
    "You're good at dodging...can you do that if I cut out off your leg?"

However, such a judgment has led to an irreversible situation.
    "Oh, my God," Lorentz looked down at his abdomen with uncontrollably trembling eyes. The cold blade pierced the abdomen and seemed to protrude behind the waist.
    He didn't even see the movement "Imagination? Hey, that's ridiculous. To that baseless... ...from the meadow tribe. "
    Lorentz grew up thinking he was a genius since he was young. So far, his record for the youngest knight that he received at the age of 18 has not been broken.

He could not get a blow from Hurelbad. It was not a little gap, but the overwhelming gap.
    Hurrelbad looked at Lorentz like that with an indifferent glance.
    Hurrelbad's image of taking victory for granted made Lorentz even more miserable:

"You, you son of a b!tch..." Blood flowed back when the blade that felt cold dug into the flesh and abdomen.
    He was unable to stand the bitter blood flowing back to his mouth.
    "Oop."
    Hurelbad stuffed his handkerchief into Lorentz's mouth. The backflowed blood colored the handkerchief red.
    Lorentz had no power to resist. Looking at him like that, Hurelbad said without a hitch.
    "The punishment you give is rest. Death. Don't think this is the end. I'll make you pay for insulting the meadow tribe you ignored,"
    Hurrelbad looked scary.

"Come on, come on, my master..." Lorentz thought he should go to Leabrick while his consciousness was blurry. But the dying body drooped, betraying his will.

After confirming that he was out of breath, Hurelbad supported his falling body with one hand. Then, he took out an extra handkerchief and put it on top of the sword-stained blood.
    It was a measure to prevent blood from leaking out as much as possible.

Elena ordered not to leave any trace as much as possible. That's why Hurelbad aimed for a loophole in the process of defeating Lorentz.
    It was almost impossible for him to pull out if the guards came after hearing the sound of the sword striking.
    "There's still a long way to go." It was good to deliberately avoid a close game, induce Lorenz's carelessness, and then take a blow. It was not that difficult as the difference in skills was so great.

The problem was in his hands. Angried at Lorentz insults, he reacted violently without realizing it. Emotionally, he killed Lorentz with more blood than expected.
    "I don't care if you insult me and spit on my face. But I can't forgive you for swearing at my lady."

Lorentz's body, which had become a cold body, was dragged to the fireplace. Blood gushed out of the sword-stained area in Lorentz's uniform.

Hurelbad grabbed the candlestick and manipulated it as Elena told him.

Click!

There was a perfect fit, and the wall inside the fireplace opened, revealing the secret passage. Hurelbad moved the body of the sword-tipped Lorentz into a secret passage. Then, he looked inside the drawing room, looked for any traces he might have left behind, and disappeared into the secret passageway.

The stone wall closed behind the fireplace and returned to its original form.

Eventually, Lucas (= the best knight of the Grand Duke family) and a few people were able to found Elena, Hurelbad and May

They lauched an attack, but soon there were Len and Ciel who rejoined and helped Hurelbad defeating the knight.

Actually, Ciel was using the excuse of going "hunting" and "coincidentaly " witnessed the accident and launched a direct investigation.
    Ciel revealed the existence of Leabrick and many political not-so-funny-stuffs going on. Consequently, many nobles openly expressed their distrust to the Grand Duchy.

In the end, even The grand duke had to come foward and comforted the angry aristocrats, saying that Leabrick had acted arbitrarily and had nothing to do with him.

In such a chaotic situation, Elena disappeared (actually she was hiding in her Secret Salon) and the Real Veronica officially returned

The Grand Duke locked Leabrick in the prison.

"It's funny," said Leah Brick, who had become half-mole by confinement. The hair was disheveled and the neat dress was dirty. There was not even a trace of the woman who shook the empire with hers brain.
    "I can't believe I'm being humiliated by a little girl who doesn't even know the very foundation of the country."

"I think the reputation of Liabrick has been bubbling over. You've become arrogant after you've tasted some small success." Leabrick's eyes trembled thinly at Grand Duke Frances' insulting remarks.

She could bear it as much as she could. It was the fact that she was trampled on by Elena to the point where she could not deny a word of his miserable words.
    "Kill me."
    "Kill you?" sneered Grand Duke. "This is difficult."
    "You've been so merciful to me."
    "They're asking me to pay a huge fine for running a knight without permission in the imperial court. That's all? The nobles talk a lot about your command of the Knights."

Liabrick became a honeyed mute. It was a mistake and a failure. There was nothing to say.

Frances laughed sarcastically, looking at her avoiding the gaze.
    "Have you looked in here? Half of those trapped in here are fom you."
    "Well, Your Highness."
    "Keep rotting in here. Every day, look back at yourself in the same situation as them and despair, Leabrick."

When he mentioned her name, Leabrick's lips, which had already turned blue, trembled. Grand Duke Frances giggled as if to enjoy her reaction.
    "And you don't know, do you? Will I change my mind over time? Then I can think of your precious talent and bring it out."
    "Please..."

Grand Duke Frances turned away with a faint laugh. Soon the silence that lay over the shaking candle was broken by the cry of the prisoners.
    "You, you were LIABRICK?"
    "You locked me up here. I am innocent!"
    "I will kill you! I'm going to kill you"
    "You're going to die! Ugh!"

The prisoners trapped in the iron bars were crazed with all kinds of abuse.

As Grand Duke Frances said, half of them were in Leabrick's conspiracy, or were taken away from hostility and trapped here.
    "Stop it," said Leabrick, pulling her leg and turning herself into a gumbel.

Being trapped alone was to suffer from terrible fear and despair, and as the abuse, insults, demeaning and contempt of the prisoners with grudges poured out, there was no resource to endure mentally.
    "Please, stop it!"
    Leabrick closed hes ears with both hands and screamed.
    But her cry only further stimulated the prisoners with no avail.
    Rather, it became more intense. For a very long time.

Hope you've enjoyed them!

16. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much for spoiler! its beautiful!
    lorenz and liz got their just dessert, lorenz died by those he considered below him and liz forced to faced her sin for the rest of her life..

but dang, i knew that the duchy family is not a decent people at all but they actually sadistic bastard, we already knew that veronica want to kill elena at her peak (the higher you climb, the harder you fall) but the duke actually relishing on liv, his former trusted strategist despair are the new low lol.

17. AnnaArpa4

AnnaArpa4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your spoilers:aww:Looking forward to see grand Duke and Veronica's downfall.

18. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the single most satisfying post in this entire forum. SO MUCH SCHADENFREUDE IN ONE SINGLE FORUM POST. Thank you for the spoilers!

Leabrick's downfall is particularly poignant, IMO. It must be so humiliating for her to go from mastermind to someone who has to be degraded by people she had previously used as pawns.

PuddingQueen, djan29, ARTEMI5 and 9 others like this.
  19. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for more spoilers about the downfall of the Grand Duke and his daughter. I bet it would be gratifying. And thank you for providing spoilers, good people.

Berry.Blast.20 and mijikado like this.
  20. tiffaniria

tiffaniria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oops, I didn't realize that confession was end of story. :facepalm:
    And no worries about the details. We will know soon or later. :blobcheeky:
    Thank you for replying to my questions and all the spoilers provided. You are just awesome! :blob_pompom:

Mikaa and mijikado like this.