Have you ever had a novel where you Rage-Quit?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by animefan4004, Jul 28, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustytimetraveler

rustytimetraveler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically every novel with the overbearing CEO type.

Also, horror BL survival novels. I get immersed by the plot then I suddenly got fed with dog food. Sometimes I think about whether I'm reading a horror story or a romance novel. Author continues to write about the ** scenes between the two protagonists.

Aside from that, one novel comes to mind as I read what the thread is all about; I'm a Superstar. I stayed for a while because the MC seems intelligent. I strongly advise for everyone to keep out of that novel. It's one of the first CNs I've read and undoubtedly the worst one. Here are the reasons why I abhor this novel:

- Author and protagonist is SUPER racist. Constantly makes offensive jokes about the Japanese and Black Americans
    - Chinese Supremacist
    - Constant cycle of cannon fodders doubting MC's skills, getting face slapped, etc..
    - He has no original work, everything's plagiarized. Everyone gets amazed by MC and no one wonders how his poetry style is constantly changing. I, as a reader, particularly find the MC's skills suspicious.

Don't even get me started on the romance. It's disgusting. I want to soak my gouged eyes in bleach over and over again and put it in a pan like I'm frying a triple-coated chicken. Okay, so first off, it's really disgusting. I'm not talking about the sickening dog food, It's really disgusting. The so called fan service makes me want to vomit my intestines out. I can't remember the details so please don't blame me if I got some parts wrong.

1. The female co-worker is left alone in the office, MC is also there. MC tries some sort of trigger card or smth whatever that's called which provides him the opportunity to get close to a wamen or smth. The woman gets her period, MC was somehow needed to be inside the cubicle with her. Author proceeds to describe how the blood flowed down her snow white thighs. I can't remember exactly whether MC wiped the blood off or applied the napkin for her. All I remember is that it was disgusting. My face was black the whole time.

2. Oho that's not all. MC has a femal roomamte and they are eating fish. The famel got fish bone stuck in her throat and the author managed to make the situation disgustingly ambiguous. The MC has to stick his fingers in her throat and gouge that piece of tinik out.

I managed to stay longer, a guilty pleasure I guess. It got worse, I was pissed off by the 2 IQ characters, dropped it and never came back again.

Dr_H_16, Suffering and KageTokage like this.
  2. Uzi30

Uzi30 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't dropped one yet (still kind of new here) but "lesbian elf and cursed princess" was pretty close to me dropping. I wanted something new that i haven't read, so i was like, why not a romance yuri. This a oneshot novel, but has i felt that its plot was kind of forced and was not prepared for it to be 80% smut.

3. roundcubethree

roundcubethree New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the same as you. As soon as I saw the title of this post, the first thing that popped in my mind was God and Devil world. It is a shame since it started out good and then turned into hot garbage.

4. AzureEmpR

AzureEmpR Your Typical Bored Student

Reading List:
    Link
    I quit when NTR suddenly pops up out of nowhere and there wasn’t a tag on NTR. Peerless battle spirit was my first novel but I dropped it after finding out the horrible ending

5. littleoctopus

littleoctopus White Lotus Slayer ✦ Villain Sympathizer

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot the name as it was a long time ago now but I got really annoyed when the main focus became smut and character development and plot was totally ignored . Chapter after chapter was just a sex scene. A few chapters later the author felt sorry for us readers and decided to continue the plot once again but The FL personality flipped on it's head and she became a naive , annoying green tea bi**h who cries an throws tantrums for the ML because of some stupid reason but in the beginning she was a calculating , smart and independent woman? It upsets me when authors do this , Nothing is wrong with character development but dude what the hell?:blob_teary::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Rage Quit? Not really.

That said, I did drop my fair share of novels once they didn't appeal to me anymore.

7. AllyPhantom

AllyPhantom Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, it was a novel I am still reading, so I don't know if it fully counts. It was over-geared. There's a specific chapter around 130-140 that isn't right. It's actually put many people off reading it, at least from what I've seen.

The chapter was surprisingly racist. Toban, a side character becomes the main characters 'Slave.' Not even a servant but a slave. What's so bad about that, you ask? Well, it was that Toban was a black American, and our main character said "What rights? Slaves don't have civil rights." or something similar.

Found out it was a partial mistranslation and that and the novel never has any instances of anything similar so you know the author wasn't exactly trying to push a racial prejudice but it stopped me from reading for a good while.

8. MemoDaPerv

MemoDaPerv [Panties Sniffer] ['Kittys' Licker] [Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped to many novels to count them, but the ones that irritate me the most are the ones that start with a 5/5 or a 4/5 grammer and all of a sudden would drop to 1/5.
    It makes me shake with rage having to drop so many good novels.

9. Thecomicgeek

Thecomicgeek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Against the Gods put me off harems, especially chinese harems and chinese novels with so much word filler that I find myself skipping entire paragraphs of which is sad alot of them starts out great then becomes diarrhea... I had such high expectations after reading Release that witch, warlock of the magus world and reverend insanity.

novaes and Deleted member 89812 like this.
  10. KieranIsMyIdol

KieranIsMyIdol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the more recent translations, "Astral Pet Store". After transmigration, MC turns into an apathetic, non-feeling machine for no reason. MC deems it below himself to spare a few words to correct misunderstandings and treats everyone as grass. I just don't understand why chinese authors take decent concepts and world backgrounds and destroy them with such shitty MCs.

SayMrrp likes this.
  11. littleshanks

littleshanks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I rage quit Sword Art Online light novel during the Alicization arc after I spent an entire volume with Kirito and Alice just talking on the side of a tower.

12. japzone

japzone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seirei Gensouki WN. The MC and a girl would always get blocked right before discussing their feelings, and then a third-party came in and started trying to pull NTR like crap. I couldn't take it anymore and dropped it.

Thankfully the author rewrote a decent chunk of the LN version, fixing most of my issues and making things way less frustrating. On top of that J-Novel Club has just been cranking out the volumes like crazy but still maintaining a great quality. So I'm happy now.

13. FrontalDagger

FrontalDagger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A bunch of chinese novels with thousands of chapters. Usually I drop most when I'm 100 chapters in for being too Chinazi, rapey or plain boring

14. Raizhee

Raizhee bubblegum bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the Japanese novels I've read. Tho rather than rage quit, it was more like fuck it it's incredibly retarded and boring mc, I can't bear to bother with it.

15. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since you liked "Release That Witch" I suggest the novels "Sword of Dawnbreaker" and "Throne of Magical Arcana"

Sword of Dawnbreaker= the closest novel to "Release that Witch" and the one the feels like "Release that Witch" the most. Pretty great Kingdom building novel, the beginning chapters are a little slow but it gets better from there.
    Throne of Magical Arcana= This is the novel that "Release that Witch"'s author got inspired by.

SayMrrp and Thecomicgeek like this.
  16. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope someone picks up SoD.

17. Naughtius Maximus

Naughtius Maximus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novels I dropped had more to do with their quality of translation than the actual contents of the novel. I can't stand literal translation that ends up confusing the reader more. That said I can't seem to recall the names of the novels I dropped, sorry.

SayMrrp likes this.
  18. Emme Unofficial

Emme Unofficial Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass.

19. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe not exactly rage-quit, but I felt severe disappointment (How could a novel be this unexpectedly bad?) for some of these novels.

The Spiritual Attainment of Minghe (I didn't read much, but the 11 chapters I read were... unreadable. Like, what the heck is going on? What is this bs? Big regret on reading those chatpers.
    The Crimson Dragon (Started off interesting, but the main character was just so trashy I couldn't.)
    Rebirth of the Wolfish Silkpants Bottom (Read this back when I was inexperienced. I didn't realize what type of writing style/content it would have. It was so cringy and disappointing, especially since the characters were so flat.)
    Lord of End of World (Proof that I didn't learn from my first mistake. Though, the summary is deceiving. I thought I'd get a badass apocalypse MC, but this dude's literally a wimp with no characterization. Sooooo flat. Soooo boring. Everyone, in fact. The stupidity and vapidness was too much.)
    After Transformation, Mine and Her Wild Fantasy (one of the first novels I read. I thought the idea/concept was really cool... but the execution was a FLOP.)

I'm also conflicted about Emperor's Domination. Years ago, it was hyped up a ton, but I tried reading it and went :/

novaes and KieranIsMyIdol like this.
  20. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle Frenzy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.