Spoiler The Times Spent in Pretense

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Apaylia blackrose, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Apaylia blackrose

Apaylia blackrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Times Spent in Pretense
    [​IMG]

Novel Summary
    No matter male or female, the members of the Hua clan had been loyal for generations, placing the utmost importance on protecting their nation. The monarch and his subjects were in harmony, sharing all kinds of emotions, all due to the ties of comradeship in their hearts.

Once the weather cooled, would the favored crown prince fall from power?

No.

Once the weather warmed, would the loyal and brave marquess estate be disposed of after its use?

No.

- Description from Novelupdates

Details
    Short Title : TSP
    Original Title : 造作时光
    Author : Yue Xia Die Ying
    Type : Web Novel
    Genre : Drama, Historical, Josei, Romance

Novel updates link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-times-spent-in-pretense/

Uncopyright likes this.
  2. Jade_xx

Jade_xx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
  4. secret165

secret165 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have binge and MTL all the chapters. This novel is really hilarious in their interaction. This was the first novel of how I really loves emperor character in here. The emperor is a good monarch, a good husband, a good father, a good son and a good friend. Emperor never forget people whom helps and protects him before he gain the throne.

It is hilarious of how emperor laments every oddities of his son.
    1st prince : too simple (might be too stupid, he might have ambition but too stupid as crown prince threat)
    2nd prince : only loves food, food and food
    Crown prince : the son that emperor most satisfy, smart, handsome, cunning and has every good characteristic as future emperor. Unfortunately, too lazy. Emperor keeps on shceming for this son to do his duty.
    4th prince : dont like too talk. Only reply with one words "um"
    5th prince : very gentlemanly and also second handsome after crown prince. Unfortunately, he is a painter maniac.

It is very funny over the interaction of all the secondary character. :coffee::coffee::blobrofl:

assiralc_, QwQ, -NEAR- and 5 others like this.
  5. BoredNovelFinder

BoredNovelFinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's the ML? Summary suggests it's not royalty but judging from what's happening in early chapters, ML might be the Crown Prince, which irritates me to be honest. I wanted the ML to not be royalty of that sort.

6. secret165

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML is the crown prince. This novel will make you love imperial family and how each one of them are weirdo.

Emperor was really a good father. Even his quiet son that never pleases him, emperor still treats him the same as his other child.

It was funny when our emperor want to sell crown prince over to MC father. While MC father was thinking how to reject the crown prince propose:blobjoy:
    (MC father dont want crown prince to marry MC at first because he wants to save crown prince life. MC is actually really cunning among his child. Anyone who mess with her, will get tenfold revenge:blobpopcorn:.)

Emperor : why dont you accept my lazy son crown prince for your daughter
    MC dad : no thanks. My daughter is not suitable for crown prince
    Emperor : why do you despise your daughter. Your daughter is too good for my son:blobneutral:
    MC dad : i was trying to save your son life from my daughter. What if he betray my daughter, then my daughter beat him up. Ohhh, the ruler of country is finish in my Hua family :sweating_profusely:. I have already tried to warn you, dont blame if anything happen to yourson:blobwhistle:

Not only MC dad thinks so, even MC whole families worried about the fate of crown prince in future. All of them hope MC will be tolerant with the crown prince :blob_patpat:

7. BoredNovelFinder

BoredNovelFinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaaw that kinda sucks. :blobsad: I was really hoping for something that doesn't include the royal family. Don't get me wrong. The story sounds great. I'm just not in the mood for this right now.

Guess I'll put this in hiatus. Thanks for the reply :blobok:

8. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do the MC and ML fall in love? Also, are there any love rivals for the MC and ML? :D

9. secret165

Reading List:
    Link
    MC more like ML's beauty. Mc always like, 'he is a royalty, so I cant keep him in my mansion later':notlikeblob:. MC nver plan to marry since her family hold great military power, thats the reason she pretend to be sick. She just thought of raising her boy toy in her mansion later on. And so far, her favorite is ML beauty.

While ML first realized he likes MC when he found MC visits male brothel and fighting male prostitute with her frenemy. ML dream MC leaving him for other. When ML wake up, he ran to his imperial father and gives a 'justify reason' to shut down all the brothel. (ML is very cunning for using his very 'justify' to prevent MC from visiting another brothel :blobparty:)

Later on, ML confess to his imperial father that he likes MC. Emperor never forces his child over choosing their wife. Evn including ML, emperor dont mind as long they will be happy.
    ML : imperial father, what if I have someone I like. Will you let me marry her as crown princess ?
    Emperor : who it is ?
    ML : just want to make sure imperial father wont against me right ?
    Emperor : yeah, i promise you.
    ML : it is hua liuli.
    Emperor : damn you beast, you promise before that you wont be a beast that covet her.
    (ML is 21 yrs old, MC 15@16 yrs. ML once said to emperor that he merely treat MC as junior and he was not a beast:cookie:)
    ML : yeah, I am a beast. So, imperial father will allow me right :aww:
    Emperor : sigh, just try your best to win over your in law. Dont come crying to me later
    (Emperor treat MC dad as good friend since MC dad protect emperor during he was crown prince and respect MC dad to marry MC mom. Emperor actually afraid MC mom. When he was crown prince, he once flirt with MC mom (MC mom was no1 beauty that time). MC mom split a rock barehand in front of Emperor. After that, all woman in harem are opposite of MC mom style. Emperor worries that crown prince will be beaten by MC mom. While MC family worry MC will beat him :blobowoevil:)

kiraikirei, QwQ, -NEAR- and 7 others like this.
  10. secret165

Reading List:
    Link
    After ML confirm that emperor agree, he starts his pursue for MC. Taking dates, giving gift etc. And using his beauty to win MC.

ML was very confidence he could pursue MC since there is no man more beautiful than him.

Uncopyright, rock.doll and Elv like this.
  11. secret165

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, because ML character was very nasty and arrogant. Once a beauty tried to throw in his arm, but ML push her and said she was ugly (dont remember what else ML said. Basically, he never give face for other party). Woman from capital avoid ML because his character is unpredictable.

MC might have other man that pursue her. But after she confirm feeling with ML. none of any ML admirer or her admirer will shake them.

12. secret165

Reading List:
    Link
    ML only nice with MC. When people said how terrible ML character is, and none noble girl in capitap likes him because of his character, MC feels puzzle. MC feels the ML she knows and the ML they know are different people :coffee:.

ML only nice with MC. even with emperor, ML sometimes lazy doing his work. Emperor brainstorm wanting his son to take over his reign earlier.
    ML : imperial father, you are still young. No need to give the throne earlier to this son
    Emperor : damn, because of you I keep getting old.

assiralc_, StarrEyed, -NEAR- and 4 others like this.
  13. MuyBuy

MuyBuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to add something about the fifth prince who's a painter maniac. He sucks at it! Absolutely horrible, but no one has the heart or courage to tell him lol. So he keeps gifting the paintings to his dad and grandma, and he keeps asking the mc to praise them because "she truly understands the pictures and what he wants to convey". While the mc is like "young man, you might not be embarrassed, but I am!" Haha.

14. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give spoilers about the first prince and what happens arrogant princess that kept bothering the mc? Does the first prince fight for the throne? What are their reaction when the mc marries the crown prince?

15. MuyBuy

MuyBuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I'm still on chapter 44 so I haven't seen what happens with the first prince. But so far he's quite stupid and ambitious, but not evil. Same thing with his mom though she's smarter lol. That might change though, but I don't think they'll turn evil. The first prince does get engaged to this woman who has a low self esteem problem. Her dad wants them to be frugal and work hard because he's afraid that people will judge them or that they themselves will loose themselves in the pleasure and luxury of the capital which is not good. But this makes his daughter jealous of others who can spend money and wear luxurious clothes and jewellery. So that's why she wants to marry the first prince even though he treats her a bit badly. She's even trying to hide it from her dad because he would never let his daughter marry the prince if he was indifferent to his daughter. So that makes her jealous of the MC since she's beautiful and people love and respect her, even the first prince treats her well and wanted to marry her if she wasn't sickly. And which arrogant princess? The one in love with the first prince?

16. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the one in love with the 1st prince.

17. MuyBuy

MuyBuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, she's not that bad actually. The MC gets kidnapped and since the princess was with her at the time they kidnap the princess as well. And then because they're not sure who the MC is, they just smuggle both of them out of the capital. Now at first the princess insisted that she wasn't MC and vice versa, but MC explained to her that if they know who she really is then they'll just kill her which is why the MC said that the princess was the MC (to protect the princess). This made her feel a bit guilty, and they had a little bit of heart to heart. The MC finds out that the princess idolises the MC's mom and her whole family so she feels like the weak MC is dragging her family down which is why the princess doesn't like her. So the MC tells her about her dream which is to be known as a famous sick beauty that goes down in history! And the princess "..... this person has an intellectual problem". Anyway the princess wants to protect the MC and tells her to run away while she fights the kidnappers, so the MC again says "oh my dream is to be a sick beauty, but these guys just ruined it!" And she takes out a hidden sword/dagger and freaking massacres them all while the princess is shocked and then scared. She thinks that this is the perfect opportunity for the MC to kill her so she begs for her forgiveness and says that she doesn't like the prince anymore. Meanwhile the MC is getting closer, scaring the princess more until she throws herself and goes "oh my sick frail body! I'm so weak, thank you princess for protecting me and saving me from these savages" While the princess is still "......". After that they get a ride from a nice couple to the capital, and on their way they meet the crown prince. The princess ofc keeps the MCs secret, so she plays along with her weak act all the way. Then when they reach the MCs home and she sees the servants and brother all worried and crying about their poor, weak and sick lady she thinks "..... I was wrong, it's not just the MC, it's this whole fu that has an intellectual problem". Later on the princess is at first scared of the MC, then she views her as a rival until they become friends because the MC keeps pestering her to hang out. Though the princess is still a bit tsun and the MC loves teasing the princess and gets her to be scolded by her nice lady cousin lol. Oh and the princess doesn't like the prince anymore because she thinks that since she was able to give up on him so quickly when she thought the MC would kill her, then she must not have liked him as much as she thought. Even after the prince breaks his engagement she doesn't really care.

-NEAR-, Uncopyright, haweii and 2 others like this.
  18. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the ml’s reaction when he learned that the fl is not really that “sickly”?

19. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He kinda have an idea about it since he received the the Jinpo's second prince confession (ava something in MTL). So he didn't react much. Plus before MC set out with a sword, MC was like, I have a dream. Can the prince make it come true? That she wanted to be the sickly beauty.

Let me save a bit of a face for our youngest prince.

Apparently, according to MTL, he's damn good at realism painting. He thinks paintings are more on their concepts and meanings rather than superficial techniques. When ML and MC married, he goes against his 'principles' to paint with used worldly 'painting techniques'. When ML saw it, he looked weirdly at his brother XD. ML also put it on the wall of the eastern palace. The fifth prince asked why this and not his other superior paintings. ML had to reason that this one held meaning as it was a wedding gift, and the true master peices must be safeguarded properly as a treasure less those layman who couldn't understand the deep meaning taints it.

The fifth prince become a well known painter since ML puts his paintings in the palace. Though many years later, the students are confused whether he's a realism painter or an abstract painter since the paintings hidden were found and also have his seals. Ahaha.

The fourth prince was mostly invincible. I'm actually kind of amazed that he only have this one solid scene (confronting his mother) and yet he have the most emotional impact out of all the brothers. The eldest that has been dangling from the start wasn't as interesting as him at the end. Out of them, he's probably the most that felt like a brother. I'm sad for the kind of mother he have, ambitious yet full of inferiority complex. And then it was kind of bittersweet when the emperor renamed him to have new beginnings and call him as a gift of heavens. Only in the fourth prince POV have some understanding why the CP was the most favored (except for the reason that he's the smartest)

Speaking of, the emperor was really a good father. Concunbine Lin only felt shame about the fourth prince situation while the emperor took him in to raise saying that it might just be late development and even renamed him.

As for the emperor's daughters, although the eldest who was married wasn't mentioned. It was said that the emperor felt pity that as daughters they couldn't be title(?) Or that their status wasn't heavy(can't understand the term in MTL) so he gave many estate and property to the princesses (sadly, the 2nd princess was a white-eyed wolf)

One funny thing about the imperial brothers, they mostly think that each other are mental cases. Just from the ML, he think all of his brothers are stupid. The fifth think he's the only normal one. The fourth thinks everyone have low IQ (reason he didn't want to talk). As for the second, ehem ehem, he's admittedly accepted that he's an idiot so he survived by copying his two brothers. Ahahaha. But he do think their temperament are abnormal.

It was never mentioned who the princes married. Or if the ML and MC have children. Jiamin and 3rd brother kinda have the aura that they can be together but there's nothing really mentioned.

Autumn Leaves, Elv and -NEAR- like this.