Spoiler The legitimate Daughter Doesn’t Care!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Isa, Mar 8, 2020.

1. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to start reading this but I just can't get into the headspace of the MC. As bad as the situation is for Qingyao think what it would be like if you are the MC

1. You've spent 17 years living in poverty
    2. You finally link back with your actual family and they treat you like garbage
    3. They go out of their way to protect the person who stole your life
    4. They demand you commit fraud to protect her

WTH How does anyone not care? If I were in her shoes I'd make the Joker look like the picture of mental health. Reminds of full marks hidden marriage where Ning Xie didn't do nearly enough to her "father","Mother", "Sister",

Neyva, Ceilo27, Ice_Rose and 2 others like this.
  2. PleaseSaveMeTomorrow

PleaseSaveMeTomorrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so in the end, how many people knew about ML and MC’s body swapping?

Jennifere12511 likes this.
  3. vita1961

vita1961 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I know; I wasn’t trying to justify her, but I did pity her. Although Xinduo’s situation was definitely worse than hers, it doesn’t change the fact that Qingyao was also in a terrible situation. In the end, Xinduo chose to be a better person, while Qingyao decided to be vicious and manipulative. I just find it sad.

I really think it’s more the family’s fault though. When Xinduo came back, they showed distaste towards her and never really cared about her. And when they found out Qingyao wasn’t their daughter, they decided to use her for what she’s worth. The mother didn’t really do much, just standing still sadly watching it all. But she was still a bystander. Then again, the mother seemed to be heavily controlled by her husband.

4. megane.no.megami

megane.no.megami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mom Tong, Grandma Xu, and the childhood friend, Liu Yating, who was just recently introduced (Chapter 69/70, I think?), are the ones who know about the soul switching.

Ceilo27 and onnagiri like this.
  5. Negarrr

Negarrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love this novel and I want to know more about relationship between ML family and her,
    They love her? She love them?

6. jennamt4

jennamt4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw on NU that there are 89 chapters to this novel so I was excited to see that there are already 70+ chapters translated. However, I started to notice how short the chapters are. I did some side by side comparisons and the translators pretty much split a chapter into 7-ish chapters. For example: Chapter 20 RAW = Chapters 70 - 77 translated.

BooBoo and Ceilo27 like this.
  7. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Only blood relations matter"

What bullshit. The novel really liks to imply that blood relations are the "true family".

The novel really likes hammering In how lesser the adopted daughter and how so mcuh prettier and better at everything the real daughter MC is then the fake

And then your fiance and his parents are shallow too.

I'd go crazy as well

They both could have become real siblings but this author really had a grudge against adopted people. Its disgusting. And everyone abandons her in the end. I guess the 17 years you spent with her meant nothing huh

The brother and mom are huge assholes. Sure shes not your real daughter but you raised her as your own. And she lied cause of you people. God I hope all three of them (mother, father and brother) burn in hell. It's a wonder the MC came from that family

Snd then after all is said is done the father, the main source of all the problems is cured out of his coma and gets better while his daughter is sent to jail.

I hoped the mother, father and brother had died in a car being driven off a cliff

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  8. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not wrong about that family but there's more to it than that. All 3 of them treated the real daughter badly when she was brought back. She had been suffering for 17 years, and alk she got was "don't do anything to hurt your not sister's rep", they didn't turn on the fake until she melted down. So yeah, no way letting the brother get the company back, let him, mom and dad all fend for themselves in some remote farming village

Lucy scarlet, Choedup1 and Ceilo27 like this.
  9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldnt call the adopted daughter a fake. She was as much of a real daughter until the families plan started unraveling. Then they went crawling back to blood daughter who they ignored with "uwu your our real daughter". And lkke who raised the adopted daughter to be like that and lie. You fucktards did and then you discard her when theres no use for you

If they so easily abandoned one daughter what's to say they won't do the same to the MC? They already established they sint give a shit about someone they raised for 17 years.

So there just a shit family. And in the end they dont really have to suffer consequences for shitiness besides the dad being in a coma for a while

Edit: Oh wait adopted daughter got sent to a mental institute. Not jail dont know much about chinese mental institutes but they have to be better then your sociopathic family. Kinda wished she stabbed the whole family if they were at home. And done it properly

MC must also have a mental problem for willingly accepting her bastard bro and mom back though. Ngl this novel would be a 10/10 if MC told her famiy to screw off. But haha who am I kidding. Parents are gods in CN novels

Moral of the story
    "Blood family is everything even if there abusive shitheads"

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  10. CutieCatty

CutieCatty [Following Kalto's Step] [Hibernation]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler

11. Zyphera

Zyphera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her biological family are a**holes but they're not completely irredeemable to the point where they deserve to be stabbed (except the father. He deserves to be stabbed and sent to prison— After all, he did commit identity fraud for the fake daughter then proceeded to abuse said daughter. Who knows what else he did to fulfill his ambition.)

I admit, it would have been satisfying if Xu Xinduo refused to acknowledge her brother and mother, and instead chose to reject them as they did her. They don't deserve her acknowledgment. She should have just burned all bridges with them and continued to live the blissful life with her husband and in-laws who adore her.

12. Opaliaven

Opaliaven Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts exactly. After I binged mtl-ing, I feel bad for both the real adopted daughter and the legitimate daughter. They are basically the victims of all this sh*t. The differences are, Duoduo already knew hardship and did not have any expectations abt her blood fam (only wanted the blood fam support for her grandma & place to live). However, Yaoyao lived all her life being the daughter of Mu family and loved by all the fam members. With all the pampering, of course she would feel threatened by duoduo existence. Especially after her mother and brother start to give more attention to Duoduo, and her father only cares about the business.

If only the family members handled all those things well, the results will be way better. That's way I actually prefer for Duoduo to just ignore her "real" family and continue to act indifferent to them.

P.S but the story is still quite good and I still recommend this novel

13. fancytofu

fancytofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure where current translations but from what I remember, his mom was pretty quick to catch on that sometimes they share bodies and she really likes MC. To the point where the mom was housing her and calling her something like a foster daughter and would tease/threaten ML with adopting MC as her real daughter. ML's dad comes home and from what I remember is just like, well if my wife likes her then I guess everything's okay. MC really likes ML's mom, more than she lets on in the beginning.

onnagiri likes this.
  14. Negarrr

Negarrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you love :aww:
    If you have time, please tell me whats about her image in public? Or when people finally notice they are together
    Thank you again :justabotheart:

15. onnagiri

onnagiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translator divides one orig chapter to 3 or 4 translated ones

16. onnagiri

onnagiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is MTL-ing this novel bearable? Or does it kill braincells to grasp the MTL version?

17. fancytofu

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the person you're tagging but I think it's bearable. Some parts here and there are very confusing when I can't tell who's talking or who they're talking about but overall it's really easy to get the gist of what's going on. Names are the only ones that get weird, but that happens with any MTL

onnagiri likes this.
  18. fancytofu

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not the best person to answer this one cause I can't remember too much details on this but her public image at school is a bit of a mixed bag. People realize she's smart and she get a couple of loyal friends. There are two guys she gets close with that makes ML a bit jealous. But before the rest of the school finds out she's the 'real' daughter they still treat her at arm's length.

And I maaayy be mixing this up with a different novel with another indifferent-to-her-family-mc but when she joins the entertainment industry there's a stipulation that she won't date for one year. ML confesses before that year is up so they technically don't date until after, even though they both know they like each other.

People around them start to notice there might be something between them after this giant birthday party where he crashes her family's party to take her to his house to celebrate his birthday. Which I think happens early on in the novel. Also, I think he gave her this super limited edition watch that makes ppl suspect something.

I can't remember too much fluff but people reacted with the typical awe and surprised-but-not-surprised reaction. I know his mom was more of a 'finally!' and her dad tries to see how he can use this to his advantage. I think I was more focused on the fallout of her family than the fluff. Maybe I'll reread the ending and update the post.

19. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  20. nicomcla1995

nicomcla1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IS YOUR PIC IN THE SPOILER A MANHUA? I ALSO LOVE MPREG!

byebye likes this.